keyofgmen
08-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Good: Bennett...Ware

Bad: Prince...Jernigan

Indifferent: Wilson

Just IMHO

Rat_bastich
08-11-2012, 09:33 AM
I don't know...Wilson would probably go under "good" category in my opinion. He looked good for his first NFL game. Had speed and shiftiness. I think they have a potential star in the making with this guy. I was pleasently surprised. Also, I would add that Randle was another positive...and Andre Brown and Herzlich and Tracy. Coughlin and company are going to have some tough decisions to make this go around.

Redeyejedi
08-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Tracy played well I thought. I bet he gives more production then Tollefson

jomo
08-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Good: Bennett...Ware

Bad: Prince...Jernigan

Indifferent: Wilson

Just IMHOWare is painfully slow but at a position thin on reliability, he may hang around for another year.
Wilson showed the athleticism and explosiveness we've heard about but needs to find hte rest of his game. (I expect it to come) Kuhn, no where near what his press clippings say. Herzlich is ready to start. Will Hill seems to be everything his press clippings say.

rainierjef
08-11-2012, 10:54 AM
add Marshall to that list

rainierjef
08-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Ware is painfully slow but at a position thin on reliability, he may hang around for another year.
Wilson showed the athleticism and explosiveness we've heard about but needs to find hte rest of his game. (I expect it to come) Kuhn, no where near what his press clippings say. Herzlich is ready to start. Will Hill seems to be everything his press clippings say.

Don't know what you saw but Kuhn was getting pressure and pushing guys back more than Austin was all game. Austin was getting stood up at the line i was very dissapointed, hopefully he gets that power back over the course of the next few games, he looked extremely weak. Will hill showed me something but i would like to see more of his coverage skills, Rivers looked pretty good as well, i will reserve my judgement on him like bennett until the end of the season. Oline looked horrible as always.

NorwoodBlue
08-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Prince is leaving the door wide open for Coe or Hosley. He had reasons last year for his play; but he shouldn't have any more excuses. He's got to play like he deserved a first round selection. I haven't seen the game yet, and I refuse to pay $20 to watch pre-season football, what a feaking rip-off that is. Last year I thought he played very slow. I expected better closing speed from a first round pick. I could see him not knowing the system last year with no preseason and all; but, the lack of athleticism at times surprised me.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-11-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm sorry but Herzlich looked pretty bad. Late to the carrier and at one point did not wrap up and the runner broke his tackle.

BillTheGreek
08-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Look at all the weapons we have ,this team is Great, I see a winning season,and you know what that means !

fourth&forever
08-11-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm sorry but Herzlich looked pretty bad. Late to the carrier and at one point did not wrap up and the runner broke his tackle.
I disagree that Herz looked bad.
But no matter, the great thing about Mark is, he will work hard on his game. And he WILL improve.
#58 got a ton of reps last night. Lots of film for him to study.

ShakeandBake
08-11-2012, 12:56 PM
I thought that Hill, Hosley(besides the muffed catch) and Herzlich all looked good last night.

Cool Papa B.
08-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Marvin Austin might be further behind than I anticipated. He was held up a lot at the LOS. He really needs to work on his footwork and technique. Hendricks looked good. Granted it was against Carolina's 2nd team Oline. But still I like his relentlessness.

Though this was the first preseason game, I'm pretty sure Hosley and Jerrnigan are getting an ear full from Coughlin. TC would rather have a slow, mediocre runner returning punts and kicks BUT holds onto the football than a speedster with all the talent in the world, BUT can't secure the ball. Jerrnigan of all people should know that.

BigBlueAllDay
08-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Herz looked good with stuffing some runs and handling coverage last night.

Cool Papa B.
08-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Oh, and the best part about last night IMO.....

NO ONE GOT HURT!!!

JacobsSteamrollingCo
08-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Hendricks looked good. Granted it was against Carolina's 2nd team Oline. But still I like his relentlessness.

Totally agree with this. We've got plenty of defensive tackles, but if he keeps this up, he'll be hard to cut.

Moke
08-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Marvin Austin might be further behind than I anticipated. He was held up a lot at the LOS. He really needs to work on his footwork and technique. Hendricks looked good. Granted it was against Carolina's 2nd team Oline. But still I like his relentlessness.

Though this was the first preseason game, I'm pretty sure Hosley and Jerrnigan are getting an ear full from Coughlin. TC would rather have a slow, mediocre runner returning punts and kicks BUT holds onto the football than a speedster with all the talent in the world, BUT can't secure the ball. Jerrnigan of all people should know that.

We played Carolina last night?

Lol @ me being the 1st one to catch that

Carter.525
08-11-2012, 02:25 PM
I was most impressed with the 3 rookies.. Wilson, Randle & Hosley

BigBlue1971
08-11-2012, 02:42 PM

i thought Tracy showed a lot of promise.

if he does produce more than Tolley we got a hellva player on our hands. i thought in this system Tolley was the perfect compliment!

Carter.525
08-11-2012, 02:44 PM
^^ forgot about Tracy, he looked good too.. Has a great shot at the 4th DE spot.

Cool Papa B.
08-11-2012, 02:46 PM
We played Carolina last night?

Lol @ me being the 1st one to catch that

LOL LOL LOL....oops...you got me? I mean Jacksonville.

rainierjef
08-11-2012, 04:37 PM
i think the Lights had a lot to do with the muff punts, those ****s are blinding and especially with high balls its hard to track and locate them at night time. i muffed a couple lossing them in the bright lights at night, probably the same for them, its not like we were te only ones muffing punts.

greenca190
08-11-2012, 05:13 PM
i think the Lights had a lot to do with the muff punts, those ****s are blinding and especially with high balls its hard to track and locate them at night time. i muffed a couple lossing them in the bright lights at night, probably the same for them, its not like we were te only ones muffing punts.

You're probably right.

And Coughlin's response? We;re the New york Giants. One of the largest markets in the league that is also looking to defend their super bowl title.

We're going to get some night games. So ****ing learn how to catch in the dark.

dave56dj
08-11-2012, 05:25 PM
If you thought Herzlich did not look good you were not watching the same game - kid did not have big stats but he sniffed out plays and was nice in coverage - every analyst who watched the game saw it differently. Check out pat Traina, Big Blue View, RV or Garafaolo all mention herzlichs work. Kid will be our starting MLB soon if not by opening day.

As far as indifferent to Wilson - are you kidding - Ugh i said the same thing with JPP and I will say it again - He was the fastest quickest player on the filed - he ripped off runs of 26 and 17 yards. He had a 48 yard kick return. He made rookie mistakes (missed a block and did not get a handoff) but the point is he flashed his raw talent and once the playbook comes to him he is gonna be special and he showed why. He is simply a better athlete then most players out there ( and i know it was 2's and 3's but it will translate for sure) and he showed it IN and OUTSIDE of the tackles. Only time the first defender tackled him was when they hit him before the los and that was due to some horrifying blocking not wilson dancing. Kid could not have flashed much better to me - he is GOING to be special eventually.

GMENAGAIN
08-11-2012, 05:30 PM

I thought that Tracey looked good rushing the passer but he was getting blown back on running plays. I don't know that he can hold up at the point of attack . . . .

GMENAGAIN
08-11-2012, 05:32 PM
If you thought Herzlich did not look good you were not watching the same game - kid did not have big stats but he sniffed out plays and was nice in coverage - every analyst who watched the game saw it differently. Check out pat Traina, Big Blue View, RV or Garafaolo all mention herzlichs work. Kid will be our starting MLB soon if not by opening day.

As far as indifferent to Wilson - are you kidding - Ugh i said the same thing with JPP and I will say it again - He was the fastest quickest player on the filed - he ripped off runs of 26 and 17 yards. He had a 48 yard kick return. He made rookie mistakes (missed a block and did not get a handoff) but the point is he flashed his raw talent and once the playbook comes to him he is gonna be special and he showed why. He is simply a better athlete then most players out there ( and i know it was 2's and 3's but it will translate for sure) and he showed it IN and OUTSIDE of the tackles. Only time the first defender tackled him was when they hit him before the los and that was due to some horrifying blocking not wilson dancing. Kid could not have flashed much better to me - he is GOING to be special eventually.

I thought Herzlich looked real good at the beginning of the game, which made me expect more from him when he was playing against Jacksonville's 2's and 3's . . . .

dave56dj
08-11-2012, 05:33 PM
So gmen in that case he is still better then tolly who could not play run at all - in fact he is better b/c he seems to be an even better pass rusher. He did over pursue around the goal line. But he will be in to pass rush and the occasional rotation so this shouldnt be a huge issue.

rainierjef
08-11-2012, 05:58 PM
You're probably right.

And Coughlin's response? We;re the New york Giants. One of the largest markets in the league that is also looking to defend their super bowl title.

We're going to get some night games. So ****ing learn how to catch in the dark.

Easier said than done my friend. i understand they are getting paid, but that doesn't change the fact that when trying track a football as small as it is looking up into the night with lights in your eyes from all corners is a tough task, its a small window between locating it and catching it then securing it and looking down field. just a prior non pro players perspective but i understand where your coming from.

buster55
08-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Prince looks lost out there. Very late with reacting to situations, Hill can challenge for playing time. Herz play was average at best, great story and rooting for him but did not see what all the hype is yet.

dave56dj
08-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Again buster while you may not have seen it the majority of analysts who watched the game did.

rainierjef
08-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Prince looks lost out there. Very late with reacting to situations, Hill can challenge for playing time. Herz play was average at best, great story and rooting for him but did not see what all the hype is yet.
you need to rewatch the game. prince made one mistake which lead to TD he did turn to locate the ball in time with his vert he could of easily swatted that down.

BlueSanta
08-11-2012, 09:17 PM
you need to rewatch the game. prince made one mistake which lead to TD he did turn to locate the ball in time with his vert he could of easily swatted that down.

No, he had 2 major mistakes. 1 on the TD and 1 leading up to it which was much worse.

What was that about rewatching the game?

rainierjef
08-11-2012, 09:59 PM
No, he had 2 major mistakes. 1 on the TD and 1 leading up to it which was much worse.

What was that about rewatching the game?

No!
that was not a mistake he bit on the in cut, it was a well designed route, he never got turned around with his back to the ball he was watching the QB and just bit on the stutter step, showed great closing speed in tackling the receiver. on the TD play he got turned around and didn't even locate where the receiver was, it was too late by the time he could even tack the throw, that's! a mistake, the other one was just a good route ran by the jags receiver.

buster55
08-11-2012, 10:06 PM
I watched his play the whole time he was in and I love and respect Carl Banks and I still dont get what he was praising him on. Because he drops back in his zone and looks to cover a receiver? Thats his responsibility. I hope he produces I want him to succeed but I didnt see it last night. AVERAGE PLAY. I hope he stays healthy and rises to the occasion. They were praising his camp which is minimum contact and going against own team like all the praise Jerrigan is getting this camp. Last night I didnt see what all the praise is for on both guys. Holding out hope for both

rainierjef
08-11-2012, 10:48 PM
I watched his play the whole time he was in and I love and respect Carl Banks and I still dont get what he was praising him on. Because he drops back in his zone and looks to cover a receiver? Thats his responsibility. I hope he produces I want him to succeed but I didnt see it last night. AVERAGE PLAY. I hope he stays healthy and rises to the occasion. They were praising his camp which is minimum contact and going against own team like all the praise Jerrigan is getting this camp. Last night I didnt see what all the praise is for on both guys. Holding out hope for both
what about the strip fumble ?

greenca190
08-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Easier said than done my friend. i understand they are getting paid, but that doesn't change the fact that when trying track a football as small as it is looking up into the night with lights in your eyes from all corners is a tough task, its a small window between locating it and catching it then securing it and looking down field. just a prior non pro players perspective but i understand where your coming from.

Obviously it is easier said than done. I don't play professionally for a reason. But there are guys out there that'll field balls cleanly 99% of the time, and Coughlin will sure as hell find them if our guys can't do it.

Neverend
08-12-2012, 12:05 AM
showed great closing speed in tackling the receiver

Agreed. That's what makes it so frustrating. I know prince has the athleticism and (for the most part) the skill-set to be a very good corner in this league. You can even see some of his talents, like his burst/closing speed as you mentioned even when he gets beat for big plays. I'm not giving up on this kid, I still have high expectations