PDA

View Full Version : Yes i love Wilson and he looked great but...

NYGiants2120
08-11-2012, 11:29 AM
You can not say DJ Ware did not run hard and looked good. This is a good problem for the coaches to have #RunningBackProblems lol. Ware ran like a pissed off bull, and i think the number two spot is still his to lose

Jahh
08-11-2012, 11:36 AM
if everything was equal wilson wins

fourth&forever
08-11-2012, 12:17 PM
DJ ran better than I've seen from him before. But sadly Ware does not break tackles.
I believe Wilson will.

Toadofsteel
08-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Wilson looked spectacular from what I had seen. Ware played above expectations as well. So did Andre Brown.

If our starting O-line can actually hold up this season, we could be looking at a resurgent running game in 2012...

Carter.525
08-11-2012, 01:12 PM
I want to see Wilson with the 1st team..

Toadofsteel
08-11-2012, 01:13 PM
I want to see Wilson with the 1st team..

Me too... if he did as well as he did behind Mosley, Brewer, and McCants, imagine what he could do behind Baas, Snee, and Beatty...

giantsfan420
08-11-2012, 01:14 PM
i was telling some peeps here a month or so ago to not sleep on ware. i rread an article on him about how previously, he would take the offseason off and get away from football completely. he said this past offseason was the first hes dedicated to getting faster, more agile and tougher. and it honestly showed last night. he did look quicker and more agile than ive ever seen from him.
then u got brown who has a dimension we need, power, and also his lil jump cut move is effective. he earned some more attention as well. hopefully the rb situation is like the prior weaknesses on the team and it becomes a strong point. Scott isnt doing himself any favors missing time...

ShakeandBake
08-11-2012, 01:17 PM
i was telling some peeps here a month or so ago to not sleep on ware. i rread an article on him about how previously, he would take the offseason off and get away from football completely. he said this past offseason was the first hes dedicated to getting faster, more agile and tougher. and it honestly showed last night. he did look quicker and more agile than ive ever seen from him.
then u got brown who has a dimension we need, power, and also his lil jump cut move is effective. he earned some more attention as well. hopefully the rb situation is like the prior weaknesses on the team and it becomes a strong point. Scott isnt doing himself any favors missing time...

The only reason Ware is still on the roster is because he knows the offense, once our young guys become more familiar with our Offense, bye-bye Ware!
The guy has had plenty of opportunities and has been lackluster at best.

Syverce
08-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Ware is solid, but not great. Good would be stretching it in my opinion. I look forward to the day we are deep enough to let him go.

Carter.525
08-11-2012, 01:21 PM
It should go

Bradshaw / Wilson / Ware / Scott

Moke
08-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Wilson and Andre Brown should make the team. Can't play favorites here and bring in DJ Ware again. Guy can go play somewhere else.

Cool Papa B.
08-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Ware is solid, but not great. Good would be stretching it in my opinion. I look forward to the day we are deep enough to let him go.

This....

I wasn't all that impressed with him last night.

Moke
08-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Ware is very overhyped. Unfortunately, I'll get bashed saying this.

Cool Papa B.
08-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Ware is very overhyped. Unfortunately, I'll get bashed saying this.

You're not the only one who thinks this.

Moke
08-11-2012, 01:31 PM
You're not the only one who thinks this.

Oh, I wouldn't doubt it dude. I just know there are a lot of people on this forum that will have heads for calling DJ ware overhyped.

Toadofsteel
08-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Oh, I wouldn't doubt it dude. I just know there are a lot of people on this forum that will have heads for calling DJ ware overhyped.

I'm with you guys too. I liked what I saw in Andre Brown a lot more than Ware. Does anyone have any footage of how Brown did in pass protection?

Moke
08-11-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm with you guys too. I liked what I saw in Andre Brown a lot more than Ware. Does anyone have any footage of how Brown did in pass protection?

No, but where was that dude who made the videos into one thread after every game?

Cool Papa B.
08-11-2012, 01:54 PM
I've mentioned this in another thread, but I think it's worth mentioning again. The RB position is one of the most delicate positions on this team. We are one Ahmad Bradshaw injury away from having a huge void at that spot. If Bradshaw goes out for any lengthy period of time, I wouldn't be surprised if Reese sign another RB.

craigjr007
08-11-2012, 02:44 PM
ware = slowwwwwww

NYGiants2120
08-11-2012, 02:51 PM
NOT saying Iam a fan of ware because personally id rather see wilson as the 2nd back but you cant say he didnt impress last night. He ran hard and made a few nice moves...

greenca190
08-11-2012, 02:55 PM
NOT saying Iam a fan of ware because personally id rather see wilson as the 2nd back but you cant say he didnt impress last night. He ran hard and made a few nice moves...

We have had coaches saying our young runners are good, they just need to learn the blocking assignments of our offense. What would the benefit be of bringing in a veteran running back who doesn't know the blocking assignments either?

NYGiants2120
08-11-2012, 02:59 PM
We have had coaches saying our young runners are good, they just need to learn the blocking assignments of our offense. What would the benefit be of bringing in a veteran running back who doesn't know the blocking assignments either? Ware knows his blocking assignments... please talk to me when you know what your talking about

RoanokeFan
08-11-2012, 03:04 PM
DJ ran better than I've seen from him before. But sadly Ware does not break tackles.
I believe Wilson will.

On that 8 yard run he was carrying Jaguars every yard. As for Wilson, I love that guy and expect him to earn a spot. He left Perriloux (sp) high and dry when he missed his assignment in the 4th quarter. Obviously that's correctable and we hope it doesn't take long to fix.

stormblue
08-11-2012, 03:17 PM
nobody picks a running back in the 1st round and puts them anywhere but #1 on the depth chart.
as soon as he has the pass protection sorted out enough to be serviceable , he will be the starting running back..
Bradshaw was one-half of the leagues worst rushing attack last year.you can't blame it all on the o-line and Jacobs.
Wilson is faster and more illusive.
i don't think the Giants are going to make the same mistake they did with Jacobs ans Bradshaw.....wait 2 years to admit Bradshaw was
better than Jacobs before giving him the nod.
not this time.....by week 5 Wilson will be starting. and Bradshaw will sustain his usual foot injuries.

#1) Wilson

#2) Brown

#3) Bradshaw.

Robz
08-11-2012, 03:20 PM
im sorry i love bradshaw but...once this guy Wilson picks up the offense i want him in there on mostly every down, he's a big play threat waiting to happen.

Eli TO Shockey
08-11-2012, 03:51 PM
nobody picks a running back in the 1st round and puts them anywhere but #1 on the depth chart.
as soon as he has the pass protection sorted out enough to be serviceable , he will be the starting running back..
Bradshaw was one-half of the leagues worst rushing attack last year.you can't blame it all on the o-line and Jacobs.
Wilson is faster and more illusive.
i don't think the Giants are going to make the same mistake they did with Jacobs ans Bradshaw.....wait 2 years to admit Bradshaw was
better than Jacobs before giving him the nod.
not this time.....by week 5 Wilson will be starting. and Bradshaw will sustain his usual foot injuries.

#1) Wilson

#2) Brown

#3) Bradshaw.

woweeee. some people.

primetime
08-11-2012, 04:02 PM
We have some tough critics on Bradshaw. Bradshaw played in 12 games last season due to a broken bone in his foot. And he still had 11 touchdowns. We're all excited to see what David Wilson can add to this team, but let's not forget all the good Bradshaw does for us.

njg85m
08-11-2012, 04:03 PM
I doubt Hixon got much sleep last night.
Wilson was AWESOME on returns.

njg85m
08-11-2012, 04:05 PM
And call me crazy but if he keeps up what we saw last night I guarantee he is splitting carries with AB by week 7

GameTime
08-11-2012, 04:13 PM
one of the backs HAS to step up to a solid #2 because no way AB can handle the majority of the heavey load for whole season. AB has to be used wisely....
Wether its Wilson, and I dont give a rat's *** if he was a first rounder, Brown, Ware, or Scott......

RoanokeFan
08-11-2012, 04:19 PM
one of the backs HAS to step up to a solid #2 because no way AB can handle the majority of the heavey load for whole season. AB has to be used wisely....
Wether its Wilson, and I dont give a rat's *** if he was a first rounder, Brown, Ware, or Scott......

I think it will be Wilson before game 5.

yoeddy
08-11-2012, 04:36 PM
I thought Ware looked good...still #2 until Wilson learns the offense...

Toadofsteel
08-11-2012, 05:10 PM
I doubt Hixon got much sleep last night.
Wilson was AWESOME on returns.

If Wilson is used heavily in the offense he won't be back to return 100% of the time... Hixon will get a shot (and even if not on returns, he's still the #3 receiver, #4 at worst behind randle).

08-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Wilson was AWESOME on returns].

The KO that he returned up the right side to the 47... I cannot remember a faster KO RET> by anyone in a giants uniform ...EVER!!

08-11-2012, 05:29 PM
I say have him do KO returns forever......although opponents will begin to not kick to him,

TheShouldersOf
08-11-2012, 05:34 PM
I hope wilsons reps increase as the Pre-Season continues,

it's difficult to imagine hypothetical situations, but put Ware with the Offensive line Wilson had, would he have had his progress?

Put Wilson with First Offense, would he have produced more?

it's hard to fully evaluate given the circumstances of how many reps and with who you are playing with

I want Wilson as the Number One back, but that is a biased view because he is my favourite next to Randle,

from as best of an Unbiased view i can give, i hope they increase his Reps so he can split with Bradshaw

Eli TO Shockey
08-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Unfortunately I missed the 2nd half. Anyone have any clips of this kid?

Kase-1
08-11-2012, 05:57 PM
I thought this was gonna be about how he cant pick up the blitz.

This guy isnt gonna see the field as an RB if he cant pick up the blitz and protect Eli.... Its not like we played a tough Defense last night either

giantsfan420
08-11-2012, 06:29 PM

he really did. he improved from last i saw him. but it is preseason...

NYGiants2120
08-11-2012, 07:42 PM
he really did. he improved from last i saw him. but it is preseason... Oh yeah i know it was only pre season I agree but so far so good

stormblue
08-11-2012, 07:45 PM
woweeee. some people.

some people indeed ...."ELI to Shockey"

your name says it all.....don't know when its time to change and move on.

GiantVibes
08-11-2012, 08:00 PM
I am guessing they will keep Bradshaw, Ware, Brown, and Wilson on the active roster and we will see a backfield by committee approach. We know what Bradshaw and Ware can do. Brown and Wilson add some thunder and lightning to the rotation

RagTime Blue
08-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Wilson is making all of our backs run better. I watched Ware and Brown running like Wilson (high knees, bouncing on ball-of-feet, leaning forward, looking for an opportunity to explode. . .like the way Bolt the Olympian teaches sprinters). Not sure #44 is changing his style yet though, lol.

Cool Papa B.
08-11-2012, 08:25 PM
I must say the kid is like a Mac truck out there. Once he learns the position he will be very difficult to bring down. He reminds me of a faster version of Brian Westbrook, or a Beanie Wells.