PDA

View Full Version : Painfully S...L...O...W!!!

TarheelKen
08-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Is anyone else finding the new message board painfully slow? I'm finding that it takes forever to open a thread ... to change pages within a thread ... and to open a link! MODS ... any particular reason for this? Can it be corrected?

penguinfarmer
08-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Is this supposed to be written in red? I find it incredibly fast. Upon clicking on reply, the page refreshes instantly.

Moke
08-11-2012, 12:23 PM
It's actually incredibly fast. I think you have slow internet or you live in limbo.

fansince69
08-11-2012, 12:25 PM
I am not having any problems at all..

byron
08-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Ive been having the many of the same problems as the OP....it seems to happen most after I've been reading for awhile and then when I move to a new page it hangs up....I never had these problems with the old board.....I've checked my pc for problems and found none ...What browser are you guys who are having no problems using ?...I'm using MS iexplorer 9

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Ive been having the many of the same problems as the OP....it seems to happen most after I've been reading for awhile and then when I move to a new page it hangs up....I never had these problems with the old board.....I've checked my pc for problems and found none ...What browser are you guys who are having no problems using ?...I'm using MS iexplorer 9I am using google chrome, also when I use IE i switched back to IE8 and it worked fine.IE9 sucks!

byron
08-11-2012, 12:44 PM
I am using google chrome, also when I use IE i switched back to IE8 and it worked fine.IE9 sucks! thanks for the reply...Its the only thing I can think of at this point...as long as I stay on the move everything seems fine...stop and read or make a post and its like it goes into sleep mode ....I'm going to look and see when the ie9 upgrade was installed that may be the whole problem ....thanks

slipknottin
08-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Its really slow for me too. And Im not using IE

Moke
08-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Okay nevermind, it is going slow today.

It must be because the mods thought my avatar was too explicit, even though it wasn't so they had to message me and waste my time

byron
08-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Its really slow for me too. And Im not using IE see thats what I don't get there are more than just few of us having these problems there has to be some sort of common link ....I'm using a cable connection /Time Warner.... if I was using a dial up I'd understand....what happens to me feels like something is timing out....it sucks

byron
08-11-2012, 01:12 PM
I know the IT crew is probably busy but it would be nice to here an opinion on what could be going on....

Moke
08-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Actually, I feel like it's my whole browsers to be honest... I noticed it on other websites as well. Maybe there is something wrong with vBulletin

byron
08-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Actually, I feel like it's my whole browsers to be honest... I noticed it on other websites as well. Maybe there is something wrong with vBulletin yeah but why are some having no problems ...Idk.. I don't want to start installing different browsers without some clue that, that's the problem....

byron
08-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Again it would be nice to here form one of the IT guys associated with this forum.... is Nalay the man to contact ? not sure I spelled his name right...I'd like to get this figured out ..knowing if its on my end or the boards end would be nice ....

FUUFNF
08-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Seems to be pretty fast for me.

craigjr007
08-11-2012, 01:38 PM
interesting...thought this was going to be a thread about danny ware...hmmmm

byron
08-11-2012, 03:39 PM
my conclusion after installing firefox and running it for a couple hours now.... " my problem" is/was IE9 related....its an easy download and install not saying it will work for others...but it may be worth a try for some....proceed at your risk.........thanks FIFTY6G-MAN for you planting the seed after reading reviews on ff...gc and IE...ff seemed like the best fit for me....

dave56dj
08-11-2012, 04:31 PM
My replies are moving slow as is the page in general. I am with TWC as well.

byron
08-11-2012, 04:40 PM
My replies are moving slow as is the page in general. I am with TWC as well. yeah I don't know whats up... I'm using firefox right now with no problems.... I'm starting to think IE or some IE setting was /is my problem...