PDA

View Full Version : Ramses Barden the WR out of Cal Poly will absoluely make this team

NYG4lifeNYK
08-11-2012, 04:48 PM
He has a different confidence and rapport to him this season but the biggest difference? He is healthy.

He didn't do much last night but had that nice 14 yard reception from Eli. He may be a late bloomer but he is skilled and he has his height something you can't teach. His progression has been hampered by injuries his entire career here. Obviously need to see more but the WR of out Cal Poly isn't going anywhere.

I had my many doubts about Barden in the past and for good reason but he knows the playbook, he's finally healthy and he's starting to get it.

talbot
08-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Is that his new nickname, "The WR out of Cal Poly"?.

kbusch22
08-11-2012, 04:59 PM
I'd love to see Barden finally step up and do something. But in no way would I consider him to be a lock. You have Barden, Stanback, Douglas, DePalma, Collins, and Talley all competing for one spot. I really do believe that whoever puts together the best pre-season will end up with the #6 WR job.

The only thing Barden has going for him is that his size alone would probably guarantee he gets a job on another NFL team if cut, whereas most of the other guys (except Stanback I think) could still be practice squad eligible. But still I believe TC will give that last spot to whoever has the best showing.

penguinfarmer
08-11-2012, 05:06 PM
I always figured he makes the team, just assumed he just doesn't get resigned afterwards is all unless he steps up.

pacco_diablo
08-11-2012, 06:51 PM
I agree that he will make the team. He's in a make it or break it year and EVERYONE knows it, Ramses included. We will see him show up. People sound as if he's always hurt and that's not the case. Two years ago he had a severe break to his ankle right when he was really starting to get hot. Last season was really the first season where he was having some nagging injuries.

He has great hands, which we will all see this year. He also has the quick in route ON LOCK and does very well at using his body to position himself to make that catch. It's almost unstoppable.

All the hatred for him from a few fans on this board is clearly just fans being fans. Obviously the coaches know what's going on, which is why he got the start last night.

fansince69
08-11-2012, 06:54 PM
I agree that he will make the team. He's in a make it or break it year and EVERYONE knows it, Ramses included. We will see him show up. People sound as if he's always hurt and that's not the case. Two years ago he had a severe break to his ankle right when he was really starting to get hot. Last season was really the first season where he was having some nagging injuries.

He has great hands, which we will all see this year. He also has the quick in route ON LOCK and does very well at using his body to position himself to make that catch. It's almost unstoppable.

All the hatred for him from a few fans on this board is clearly just fans being fans. Obviously the coaches know what's going on, which is why he got the start last night.

He has great hands based on what? his 15 catches in 3 years?I am not saying he won't make the team....I am just wondering what you base that statement on?

nhpgiantsfan
08-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Here we go again. Another preseason and the Barden lovers are out in full force.

Yeah we know, he's tall. Good luck to him. I hope you are all right. I'm gonna let the Barden band wagon pass me by this time.

giantsfan420
08-11-2012, 07:28 PM
He has great hands based on what? his 15 catches in 3 years?I am not saying he won't make the team....I am just wondering what you base that statement on?
well the catches he has made have been in extreme traffic. a few of his catches prob should have been ints.

i am with the OP and any other pro giving barden a shot. hes always been an intriguing talent, and the coaches and JR obviously see something, they've kep him around thus far. last season he was on the PUP so he had no offseason. This is his 4th year, I believe he's only had 2 real offseasons...Im really hoping and pulling for him bc I do see a potential legitimate option in him

giantsfan420
08-11-2012, 07:30 PM
im all for adding legit targets. nicks/cruz are locks. we need guys behind him. randle seems like he is legit. itd be great if barden and JJ could step up bc then we'd have a wr core that could be used in a ton of diff ways and packages...

BeatYale
08-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Cool story bro.

I'd like to see him turn his career around, but I just don't believe it will happen. I think he'll get cut. Maybe he'll catch on somewhere else like Kevin Walter.

TheEnigma
08-11-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm sorry but I'm more impressed with Randle, Stanback, and Talley at this point. He's a good kid and I wish him luck in his endeavours but I don't think his future is with the Giants.

pacco_diablo
08-11-2012, 07:36 PM

His entire football career... training camp, preseason, practice, regular season, college... He has very good hands. Has he has is issues, yes. Separation and sometimes getting off the line being the biggest ones. However, with continued improvements in these areas, his physical attributes are just too big to ignore, IMO. Once he gets into a true groove, he will be a force to reckon with.

fansince69
08-11-2012, 07:39 PM
His entire football career... training camp, preseason, practice, regular season, college... He has very good hands. Has he has is issues, yes. Separation and sometimes getting off the line being the biggest ones. However, with continued improvements in these areas, his physical attributes are just too big to ignore, IMO. Once he gets into a true groove, he will be a force to reckon with.

sorry I do not see it...the few times he has been on the field...he can't get open....does not play as big as he is(has not figured out how to use his size)Seems like he drops as many as he catches.....I am sorry I just do not see it....and up till this year I was the one saying all the things in his defense....although my defense was give him time hes still learning...guess what? 4 years...learning curve over

pacco_diablo
08-11-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry but I'm more impressed with Randle, Stanback, and Talley at this point. He's a good kid and I wish him luck in his endeavours but I don't think his future is with the Giants.

No need to apologize. We are all entitled to our opinions. Lucky for us all, it's only the coaches and front office's that really count.

Plus, if we're counting career catches, Stanback has 10 less than Barden in 3 full seasons. I personally wouldnt get too hyped over one great catch.

Hey, to each his own though.

pacco_diablo
08-11-2012, 07:52 PM
sorry I do not see it...the few times he has been on the field...he can't get open....does not play as big as he is(has not figured out how to use his size)Seems like he drops as many as he catches.....I am sorry I just do not see it....and up till this year I was the one saying all the things in his defense....although my defense was give him time hes still learning...guess what? 4 years...learning curve over

I guess we will see then... We obviously have differing opinions. Nothing wrong with respectfully disagreeing. If he doesnt make the team then you were right. Again, I'd trust the opinion of the coaches and front office.

fansince69
08-11-2012, 08:14 PM
I guess we will see then... We obviously have differing opinions. Nothing wrong with respectfully disagreeing. If he doesnt make the team then you were right. Again, I'd trust the opinion of the coaches and front office.

Obviously you are not reading all of my posts...I have said on several occasions...he will probably make the team...but it is more from default than because he is good....honestly...i hope he turns out to be the best player ever...I just do not see anything yet to expect that

pacco_diablo
08-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Obviously you are not reading all of my posts...I have said on several occasions...he will probably make the team...but it is more from default than because he is good....honestly...i hope he turns out to be the best player ever...I just do not see anything yet to expect that

By default. Hahaa. I'd certainly hope that decisions arent made based on seniority. I would hope that the coaches on FO would choose to keep the best players, whoever that may be.

gmen0820
08-11-2012, 11:03 PM
physical attributes are just too big to ignore Which are what, exactly?

penguinfarmer
08-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Which are what, exactly?

He's got Luca Brasi height and speed.

GameTime
08-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Giants haven't needed him and dont need him. Not against him being a Giant but I fail to see hwere he has any leverage over any other WR trying to make the squad.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-11-2012, 11:32 PM
DONE,DONE AND DONE!!!!!! STICK A FORK IN HIM HE IS DONE!!!!!! Thank god he is gone. Waste of my oxygen.

miked1958
08-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Liked that one hand grab stanback got for the TD with the defender draped all over him. I don't know a whole lot about him other then them saying he was a former Cowboy. I think depalma has potential to be a Welker Clone, but sadly maybe not on this team. You can only hide a guy on the practice squad dor so long. As for Collins an tally both have flashed but both will be cut. Do they carry 7WRs?

appodictic
08-12-2012, 12:56 AM
I do not like him. Watched some of his games on NFL rewind. You know he just can not use his size. Watch the giants vs jets, we tried to lean on him and he was pathetic. Let cromarty walk him out of bounds. He is just one of those big people that is a gentle giant. He plays ball like he does not belong out there. Stumbles over his own feet on routes. Hes done.

BigBlue1971
08-12-2012, 01:09 AM
Barden has been under much scrutiny here beginning his 2nd year! he was injured much of the time and hasnt contributed even to this point!

the Giants obviously see something in this guy cuz hes staying around.....and doesnt even play special teams!

he has to play well this preseason cuz hes got some competion with potential ballers in Standback and Douglas!

NYG4lifeNYK
08-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Haha!!! OK BARDEN!!!!!! I SEE YOU!!!!!

nycisgreat
08-24-2012, 10:21 PM
The dude is finally showing some life. This is what I am talking about.

nycisgreat
08-24-2012, 10:21 PM
RAMSES is looking really good tonight. The best I could remember.

GMan-67
08-24-2012, 10:23 PM
not to be impulsive, but YES, he's been solid, he knows the playbook, he and Eli have some repoire ... let's put it this way he's not Sinorice Moss .... oh and he can play some STs ... def. makes the team

Buddy333
08-24-2012, 10:37 PM
He made a good case of why he should tonight.

Redeyejedi
08-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Which are what, exactly?

He is tall but he does not know how to use his size to his advantage.He is a 6'6" slot guy that cant make guys miss

nycsportzfan
08-24-2012, 10:50 PM
As ramses biggest supporter through the yrs, i finally gave up on him recently, and hes showing now why it took so long for me to make that statement.. Dude has made guys miss, used his size, and showed his solid hands.. Dude made a ton of incredible catches at Cal Poly!

lawrenceS59
08-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Facts: He lined up with the first team and went against the bears first team defense. He looked like he knew what he was doing and he caught the ball unlike in preseasons past. I still feel like if he can keep this confidence he could be a problem for opposing defenses in the red zone. He just needs to be more consistent. I'm sure they'll give him a shot based on what he did today. Should be an interesting season for him.

miked1958
08-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Hope he makes it

Axels17
08-25-2012, 02:29 AM
Facts: He lined up with the first team and went against the bears first team defense. He looked like he knew what he was doing and he caught the ball unlike in preseasons past. I still feel like if he can keep this confidence he could be a problem for opposing defenses in the red zone. He just needs to be more consistent. I'm sure they'll give him a shot based on what he did today. Should be an interesting season for him.

Tillman is no slouch. Barden looked good tonight