PDA

View Full Version : Sorry DJ Ware I'm not a fan. What is the prognosis of Da'Rel Scott?

NYG4lifeNYK
08-11-2012, 09:30 PM
I thought Ware was pretty good last night but that's all he is is average. He's never going to be anything more than solid.

Ware also missed a big bitz pickup last night and he's supposed to be the Giants best backup RB in pass protection.

I would take Andre Brown over Ware. I'd like to see what Scott has to offer. How he's progressed in protection and overall running.

Anyone know the deal with Scott?

BlueSanta
08-11-2012, 09:48 PM
I agree Ware will never be anything special. But, I havent seen anything out of Brown to make me think better of him either. After last night, I still think Ware is above Brown on the depth chart and may in fact have widened the gap.

Scott needs to heal so he can show his stuff, and show he is over his fumble problems.

JSpin
08-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Ware also missed a big bitz pickup last night and he's supposed to be the Giants best RB in pass protection.

Bradshaw is definitely our best back when it comes to blocking. According to ProFootballFocus.com he was the 2nd best pass protector in the league last year out of all runningbacks.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-11-2012, 10:05 PM
That's supposed to say "next to Bradshaw".

I tried to quote your post but it just keeps loading for some reason.

But yea out of our backup RB's Ware is the best and he missed a bad one last night.

Denaliman316
08-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Wares a shifty back that helped us out with conversions. I just don't see him as a number 2 starter. Scott needs more time out there.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Seems "reply with quote" isn't working right now for some reason. Just keeps loading.

So does anyone know what's wrong with Scott and if he will practice this week and hopefully play vs the Jets?

Toadofsteel
08-12-2012, 12:51 AM
I still think Andre Brown brings more of a power dimension that none of the other RBs have, and should be kept on the roster for that purpose.

At this point I'm seeing us take 4 RBs, with the depth as Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, and Brown...

Moke
08-12-2012, 01:51 AM
I still think Andre Brown brings more of a power dimension that none of the other RBs have, and should be kept on the roster for that purpose.

At this point I'm seeing us take 4 RBs, with the depth as Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, and Brown...

I agree there.

yoeddy
08-12-2012, 08:13 AM

I thought DJ Ware showed plenty of power when he carried all those Jags for the first down near the goal-line. I think he's still the #2 until Wilson proves otherwise...

keyofgmen
08-12-2012, 10:59 AM
I thought DJ Ware showed plenty of power when he carried all those Jags for the first down near the goal-line. I think he's still the #2 until Wilson proves otherwise...

Agree...........

Mercury
08-12-2012, 11:15 AM
I don't remember DJ Ware missing a block. However, I do remember Brown definitely missed one and it led to sack on Carr.

Personally, I think Wilson is #2 already, though he may not get those snaps until the season starts. I think Coughlin will continue to assess Brown and Ware for the third spot by having them in the game before Wilson. So far, DJ Ware has the job over Brown.

Toadofsteel
08-12-2012, 01:27 PM

I'm not quite sure about #2 (unless Wilson's pass protection is THAT bad), but he at least showed enough to remain on the roster definitely... I was thinking that he and Barden should both be cut from the team, but Ware at the very least has shown he actually has some fire in there somewhere. If that story about how he used to slack off during offseasons prior to this year is true, that might explain it and we could see a resurgent Ware. I'm all for eating crow if that happens, since it means our running game improves.

yoeddy
08-12-2012, 01:33 PM
One thing to remember about Brown is that he only played in the 2nd half of this preseason game...and that we've had plenty of guys in the past who have looked great playing in the 2nd half of preseason games (eg. Keith Elias) who end up looking terrible against starters and 2nd stringers...

Marvelousmik
08-12-2012, 01:49 PM
I thought Ware was pretty good last night but that's all he is is average. He's never going to be anything more than solid.

Ware also missed a big bitz pickup last night and he's supposed to be the Giants best backup RB in pass protection.

I would take Andre Brown over Ware. I'd like to see what Scott has to offer. How he's progressed in protection and overall running.

you shocked me until i read the miss blitz pick up part, because i thought he ran the ball like a beast the other night. But if hes not making the right blocks then thats a problem. But after watching run the other night, i definitely want to see him get more opportunities. He looks hungry

ozzie0075
08-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Barring injury there is no way Ware is not making the team. He is a reliable back that knows the offense and is always on the same page as Eli. The last spot comes down to Brown and Scott.

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
Eli Manning called RB DJ Ware "our best route runner out of the backfield" -- very important for a third-down back. #NYG

RoanokeFan
08-12-2012, 02:14 PM

I don't recall Ware missing a blitz pick up but I do recall Wilson being MIA on a handoff. Ware has been reliable for the GIANTS and they like him. He will likely make the final 53.

ozzie0075
08-12-2012, 02:17 PM
I don't recall Ware missing a blitz pick up but I do recall Wilson being MIA on a handoff. Ware has been reliable for the GIANTS and they like him. He will likely make the final 53.

I don't recall Ware missing one either. I do remember a defensive tackle running over Brown when he tried to pick him up after Petrus whiffed on the block.

jomo
08-12-2012, 02:24 PM
I don't recall Ware missing a blitz pick up but I do recall Wilson being MIA on a handoff. Ware has been reliable for the GIANTS and they like him. He will likely make the final 53.Yes, I agree. I although I have been a critic of Ware on these boards, usually just pushing back against unrealistic supporters of his, Ware stands as our only proven, reliable RB after Bradshaw. That alone will place him on our final 53. Look no further than those muffed punts to realize how devastating unreliable skill position players can be.

RoanokeFan
08-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't recall Ware missing one either. I do remember a defensive tackle running over Brown when he tried to pick him up after Petrus whiffed on the block.

That's why preseason games are so important. If mistakes are made, can they make the necessary corrections quickly?

RoanokeFan
08-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Yes, I agree. I although I have been a critic of Ware on these boards, usually just pushing back against unrealistic supporters of his, Ware stands as our only proven, reliable RB after Bradshaw. That alone will place him on our final 53. Look no further than those muffed punts to realize how devastating unreliable skill position players can be.

It's a situation where "better runners" are always on the roster. But when it comes to knowing the assignments, Ware has been there and they keep him around for a reason.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-12-2012, 03:01 PM
I think Ware is a lock to make the team... just like every season... he should be cut every year but he never is.

He's still a Giant and I will root for him but he's not very talented

TheShouldersOf
08-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Personally, I'm not a fan of Ware, should they keep him for third Down Situations? Probably, he has been reliable thus far, and he had a good pre-season game

As far as Rookie mistakes from Wilson, of course, it happens, how fast he fixes those mistakes, and the dedication to watching Film and working on them will be the difference i believe from Second to third,

also, you have to take into consideration he was playing with horrid blocking, a couple of the Zero gain yardage, probably would have been better had he been given superior blocking, he made some good blocks, and on the Punt Return made a great block,

i believe what everyone needed was the first game, the remaining should paint a different picture

RoanokeFan
08-12-2012, 03:32 PM
I think Ware is a lock to make the team... just like every season... he should be cut every year but he never is.

He's still a Giant and I will root for him but he's not very talented

I wish the coaches would listen to us on personnel matters

fansince69
08-12-2012, 03:35 PM
I wish the coaches would listen to us on personnel matters

You mean they don't read this and take our advice?....I've been wasting all my time.....we all know that most on here think they know more than the people on the sidelines

TheShouldersOf
08-12-2012, 04:45 PM
I think we all know Coaches don't read these and take them into consideration,

it's just a place for us to get personal opinions out into the Universe, rather then keep them bottled up

RoanokeFan
08-12-2012, 06:14 PM
You mean they don't read this and take our advice?....I've been wasting all my time.....we all know that most on here think they know more than the people on the sidelines

It is shattering, I know :o

RoanokeFan
08-12-2012, 06:15 PM
I think we all know Coaches don't read these and take them into consideration,

it's just a place for us to get personal opinions out into the Universe, rather then keep them bottled up

I was being sarcastic

btbrennan
08-12-2012, 08:29 PM
I don't see Scott making the team if he cannot stay healthy to play for the remainder of the preseason. Ware is a lock to make the team. Like it or not, he has won two rings with the Giants and knows the offense inside and out. He blocks well and can catch the ball out of the backfield as well. If Bradshaw or Wilson (assuming he's number two on the depth chart) TC is going to want someone back there to block first and foremost and someone who knows the offense.

That being said, Brown will have to keep playing hard to prove he's not bogged down by injury and show he can step in during an injury crisis providing solid, reliable play.

So far Scott has not been reliable with the chances he's been given, and if he can't get healthy to show he can in fact be reliable, he will never gain TC's trust and will not make the team. His speed alone will not get him a spot especially with the freakish speed and playmaking ability Wilson has.

mcillo
08-12-2012, 09:31 PM
you shocked me until i read the miss blitz pick up part, because i thought he ran the ball like a beast the other night. But if hes not making the right blocks then thats a problem. But after watching run the other night, i definitely want to see him get more opportunities. He looks hungry Don`t be shocked, Dj Ware didn`t miss the block, it was Andre Brown who missed one though. There was an outside chip Ware threw on the outside of the DE . The DE then went inside our tackle for the pressure. That`s on our OT.Don`t be so ready to listen to football professionals here on the MB - sounds like their eye witness accounts are biased.

RagTime Blue
08-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Ware is a much safer option than DaRel at this point. In fact, I really think Da'Rel would clear waivers as a PS candidate (if eligible).

1. Bradshaw
2. Ware
2a. Wilson
4 Brown

fansince69
08-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Ware is a much safer option than DaRel at this point. In fact, I really think Da'Rel would clear waivers as a PS candidate (if eligible).

1. Bradshaw
2. Ware
2a. Wilson
4 Brown

he is not eligible