PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Perrilloux vs David car, preseason

Marvelousmik
08-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Who won the week 1 battle?

Ryan 6/7 59 yards 1 TD (didnt have much time to throw)
Car 6/10 48 yards 2 TDs

I feel like ryan is more calm under pressure and is more accurate. However his inexperience showed a few times last night when he took some sacks instead of throwing the ball away, and a couple times when he didnt call for a timeout toward the end of the game during the hurry up offense. In my opinion he definitely has more upside than carr, but carr has more experience.

I am without a doubt rooting for Ryan over carr. I hope he wins the #2 job.

Moke
08-12-2012, 02:49 PM
I think back up QBs deserve to have more experience than upside. When Eli goes down, I am relying on a experienced QB which is David Carr.

kbusch22
08-12-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't think the #2 QB job is up for debate. It's Carr. The backup QB needs to be experienced.

I'd love to see Perrilloux have a monster camp so the Giants could get a low round draft pick for him or something for him rather than just cutting him outright at the end of camp - because I see no scenario where Coughlin carries a 3rd QB on the roster. It's a luxury that there just doesn't appear to be room for.

Carter.525
08-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Carr.. easy

BurnerNYG
08-12-2012, 03:02 PM
I need to see more before I give my answer. Ryan is inexperienced but at the same time, Carr never got anything done when given the chance.

CGYgiant
08-12-2012, 03:42 PM
I think back up QBs deserve to have more experience than upside. When Eli goes down, I am relying on a experienced QB which is David Carr.

Carr is definitely much more experienced...at being a failure. Although Ryan is raw I wouldn't mind if he was our number 2. Carr just cowers under any sort of pressure.

jomo
08-12-2012, 04:04 PM
I don't know who won the other night but I don't have any idea how Carr became a first pick overall. His throwing motion is so not NFL. His release is 3/4 and barely clears his shoulder. His arm is not particularly strong and delivery not particularly quick. I know that guys like him get drafted every year but the first pick overall still boggles my mind.

That said, I like him as our backup, he's experienced and smart and can move around to avoid pressure. Perrilloux was under so much pressure that he is hard to evaluate but he did make some nice throws.

NYG 5
08-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Carr just never looks comfortable, and really isn't very accurate at all.

RagTime Blue
08-12-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't think the #2 QB job is up for debate. It's Carr. The backup QB needs to be experienced.

I'd love to see Perrilloux have a monster camp so the Giants could get a low round draft pick for him or something for him rather than just cutting him outright at the end of camp - because I see no scenario where Coughlin carries a 3rd QB on the roster. It's a luxury that there just doesn't appear to be room for.

I'd love to see him have a monster camp so the Giants can get a low round pick for CARR.

Marvelousmik
08-12-2012, 05:10 PM
I need to see more before I give my answer. Ryan is inexperienced but at the same time, Carr never got anything done when given the chance.

Hows it going man? Its still early, but i have a feeling these next 3 weeks will give us a really good idea of who is the better QB. I feel confident that if given an equal chance, RP will come out on top. Only time will truly tell though.

Ill bookmark this thread for the week 2 battle =)

nhpgiantsfan
08-12-2012, 05:20 PM
I don't think there is a "battle". Carr is the back up. Done deal. I don't think JR and TC are treating this as a competition. Carr's experience and amount of years that he has been here learning Gillbride's offense make him the best man for the job. If "it" ever did happen, Carr gives us the best chance to stay competitive.

Giantslb66
08-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Carr could come in and do a good job if the Giants needed him. He throws a better ball than Eli........

BParcells777
08-12-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm a big Ryan Perrillioux fan....his upside is tremendous...

Carr has no upside. He folds under pressure. We cannot afford a mediocre QB if something does happen to Eli

BurnerNYG
08-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Hows it going man? Its still early, but i have a feeling these next 3 weeks will give us a really good idea of who is the better QB. I feel confident that if given an equal chance, RP will come out on top. Only time will truly tell though.

Ill bookmark this thread for the week 2 battle =)I agree... the kid has great upside and a strong arm. We all know what Carr can do and it's not much. I rather have somebody hungry than somebody that can't feel the pressure and the pocket collapsing. I just need to see more. Besides that, I'm doing good bro. How bout yourself?

Marvelousmik
08-18-2012, 11:39 PM
The NFL is brutal. I can only imagine how tough it is to make an NFL roster. Last week Ryan graded out well. In spite of the fact he had no time to throw he went 6/7 for 59 yards and a TD. His posture is always calm. Today when Carr came into the game and played the whole 3rd quarter, i was hoping ryan would get the whole 4th quarter to himself. But i was wrong. Carr played for most of the 4th quarter also. Ryan finally comes in and im like "Thank God, Ryan please, please go out there and kill them. You dont have much of an oppotunity so in order for u to make this team u have to turn nothing into something. And what does he do? On the first play he attempts a pass most Qb's wouldnt make. He throws it up high and over the middle in double coverage, but puts the ball in a perfect place where only his reciever can get it (great catch by the hungry Douglas). Next play he finishes off the drive with a TD pass to the Fullback.

On the next possession im hoping for a quick 3 and out and our defense holds up nicely. "Yes, theres only about 3 minutes on the clock, but thats enough time to make use of the limited opportunity you're getting. And what happens? 2 straight running plays and a delay a game on what would have most likely been another run play on 3rd and 2. I then said to myself " YES, 3rd and 7. this is a passing situation so make something happen!!" Nope. Another run. Thats it. Only got to throw 2 passes.

I just want the guy to have a fair chance to prove himself to not only the coaches, but you fans as well. The only thing carr has over him in my opoinion is experience. And it shows. Tonight he had the delay of game and the game before he didnt run out of bounce to stop the clock during the 2 min drill. If he keeps playing 2 to 3 snaps per game he will never get that experience. Talent wise he has a better arm, is more accurate and is definately a more poised QB than carr when under pressure. Do i think ryan is a start in the NFL? No. Hes definitely going to make his share of mistakes.

I know its only preseason. But when its all said and done, he has done almost everything right when put on the spot.

BigBlueAllDay
08-18-2012, 11:50 PM

Carr hasn't been truly been given a chance either. I think Eli has the longest current active streak of games started and played amongst all NFL QBs. Putting Carr in meaningless situations and games does not count.

Gimaniac
08-18-2012, 11:54 PM
PerryLou has a nice throwing motion, Carr looks like he's throwing a shotput.

BParcells777
08-19-2012, 12:11 AM

Carr is a life long NFL LOSER.............you do NOT want this guy out there......he gets hit, he turns to glass

Toadofsteel
08-19-2012, 12:11 AM
I have a feeling Perriloux may be a future starting QB for the team if his upside pans out. That's a big if, but it's possible.

Also, if God Forbid something happened to Eli, you can bet Perriloux would be signed to the roster the next day.

miked1958
08-19-2012, 12:13 AM
I have a feeling Perriloux may be a future starting QB for the team if his upside pans out. That's a big if, but it's possible.Also, if God Forbid something happened to Eli, you can bet Perriloux would be signed to the roster the next day.Going to have to agree with you. The kid has a cannon for and arm

BParcells777
08-19-2012, 12:14 AM
we will not be able to yo yo Perrilloux anymore.............he has to be kept on the roster........its imperative
Guys like Carr are a dime a dozen

Toadofsteel
08-19-2012, 12:17 AM
Going to have to agree with you. The kid has a cannon for and arm

My biggest worry about him is his football intelligence. If Eli can mentor this guy well (which he could if he was signed to the roster, though idk if we'd carry 3 QBs), he could be tremendous later on...

Then, in 2020, the super bowl will be a Giants/Pats rematch, except this time it will be the Battle of the Ryans: Perrilloux vs Mallett...

gmen0820
08-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Considering that we are screwed either way, I'd rather keep Perrilloux. Carr is just ****ty, completely shell shocked. He stares right at the DT at the first sign of penetration.

BurnerNYG
08-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Carr hasn't been truly been given a chance either. I think Eli has the longest current active streak of games started and played amongst all NFL QBs. Putting Carr in meaningless situations and games does not count.Carr played for like 4 different teams and he had plenty of opportunity in Houston.

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 12:44 PM
if we were ok with the hefty lefty as our backup for those years, dont see why Ryan P couldnt be our backup...
One thing i love about having Carr is that he is a seasoned experienced vet and that helps out the young back up guys a lot. having a guy who knows the system and where and what the other guys need to do is a luxury. thats the only thing Id say Carr does real well. Although he doesnt look bad when he is given time...but behind this OL, that may not happen all that much...

Marvelousmik
08-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Ryan must have sucked really bad during practice and training camp. That's all i can think of as to why they aren't letting him compete for the #2

stormblue
08-25-2012, 12:28 AM
thats 2 weeks in a row carr has sucked......not even a field goal drive in the entire 2nd half.
i can't believe they are going with carr over perriloux......carr sucks.

DandyDon
08-25-2012, 12:32 AM
Carr.. easy

I agree (extra characters needed to reply cause apparently you need more than 10 characters to reply ;-)