PDA

View Full Version : Battle at DT

juice33s
08-12-2012, 10:02 PM
The past three seasons I believe the Giants only kept 4 DT's on the active roster:
2011- Canty, Joseph, Bernard, Kennedy
2010- Canty, Cofield, Joseph, Bernard
2009- Canty, Cofield, Robbins, Bernard

This year I see 7 players all with the potential to make the team (Canty, Joseph, Rodgers, Bernard, Austin, Hendricks and Kuhn) and when you add in the fact that perhaps the biggest long shot (Hendricks) had a break out game, things just got that much tighter....so who stays and who goes?

NYG4lifeNYK
08-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Austin isn't going anywhere, neither is Rocky.

if anyone is the odd man it's Rogers who has unimpressed thus far.

Carter.525
08-12-2012, 10:06 PM
maybe keep 5 this year?

Canty, Joseph, Austin, Benard and Rogers

juice33s
08-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Austin isn't going anywhere, neither is Rocky.

if anyone is the odd man it's Rogers who has unimpressed thus far.
The Giants did start Rodgers on Saturday...that should tell you something considering Rocky has been with the team since 2009

juice33s
08-12-2012, 10:11 PM
maybe keep 5 this year?

Canty, Joseph, Austin, Benard and Rogers
No love for Hendricks?....Coughlin seems pretty high on him:

"Anyone that goes against Dwayne Hendricks (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13082/dwayne-hendricks) -- he is going full speed every play, OK? so if you're foolish enough to think he's not going to make you look bad, you're ridiculous," Coughlin said. "So he goes out and plays the game just like he practices and he does very well for himself."

Carter.525
08-12-2012, 10:13 PM
maybe it will be Rogers or Hendricks

titwio
08-12-2012, 10:20 PM
The Giants did start Rodgers on Saturday...that should tell you something considering Rocky has been with the team since 2009

It was probably because Rocky and Canty didn't dress. I think they started Rogers over Austin because Rogers is more of a vet and because the Giants planned on using Austin for far more reps than Shaun.

Cool Papa B.
08-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Rogers was pretty good on Friday IMO. And Hendricks was very good and relentless.

Who stays and who gets cut will have a lot to do with how healthy Chris Canty is. If Canty is ready to go vs. Dallas I think it will be Canty, Joseph, Rogers, Austin. But if Hendricks performs the way he did vs. the Jaguars I can see him making it with Austin and Kuhn on the practice squad.

juice33s
08-12-2012, 10:25 PM
It was probably because Rocky and Canty didn't dress. I think they started Rogers over Austin because Rogers is more of a vet and because the Giants planned on using Austin for far more reps than Shaun.
Ahh yes, forgot Bernard didn't play....Eitherway both those guys are 33 and only have so much left in the tank. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a youth movement at the position and go with Joseph, Canty, Austin and Hendricks

tonyt830
08-12-2012, 10:25 PM
The past three seasons I believe the Giants only kept 4 DT's on the active roster:
2011- Canty, Joseph, Bernard, Kennedy
2010- Canty, Cofield, Joseph, Bernard
2009- Canty, Cofield, Robbins, Bernard

This year I see 7 players all with the potential to make the team (Canty, Joseph, Rodgers, Bernard, Austin, Hendricks and Kuhn) and when you add in the fact that perhaps the biggest long shot (Hendricks) had a break out game, things just got that much tighter....so who stays and who goes?I guess it all depends on Canty's knee on how many DTs we keep. I think 5 is a possibility. As for Hendricks, I liked what I saw the other night. But I will give it another game or 2 to see if he has the potential to beat out Rogers or Bernard. I think Kuhn could be practice squad material, unless he breaks out the next 3 games.

titwio
08-12-2012, 10:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a youth movement at the position and go with Joseph, Canty, Austin and Hendricks

I'd prefer that too....Although I thought I heard Michael Eisen say he still considers Hendricks a long shot.

Crimsongiant
08-12-2012, 10:32 PM
I'n really pulling for Kuhn i think he can be really good. just will take time and have this feeling he won't make it to practice squad. to be honest i think the only real safe ones are canty and joseph.

juice33s
08-12-2012, 10:36 PM
I guess it all depends on Canty's knee on how many DTs we keep. I think 5 is a possibility. As for Hendricks, I liked what I saw the other night. But I will give it another game or 2 to see if he has the potential to beat out Rogers or Bernard. I think Kuhn could be practice squad material, unless he breaks out the next 3 games.
Can't remember the last time we kept 5 DT's. I went back to 2006 and every year we've kept 4 including 08' when we only kept 3 depending on whether or not you consider Reynaldo Wynn a full time DT

tonyt830
08-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Can't remember the last time we kept 5 DT's. I went back to 2006 and every year we've kept 4 including 08' when we only kept 3 depending on whether or not you consider Reynaldo Wynn a full time DTMaybe I should have clarified better, if Canty starts the regular season on the PUP, I think we keep 5 DTs, until he comes off the PUP. But that is just a what if right now.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-13-2012, 04:19 AM
Rogers was dominating the line. He is a presence. Sometimes I don't know where you people make conclusions from. It seems you either don't watch the game or don't understand the roles the players play within a scheme. Rogers stood out immediately when Tuck, Joseph, Osi and comp werent even hustling.

BigJ
08-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Rogers was dominating the line. He is a presence. Sometimes I don't know where you people make conclusions from. It seems you either don't watch the game or don't understand the roles the players play within a scheme. Rogers stood out immediately when Tuck, Joseph, Osi and comp werent even hustling.
I wouldnt say he was dominating he is def not at all what he use to be, he looked better then Austin but like i said hes not what he use to be i wouldnt be surprised if he actually did get cut