PDA

View Full Version : Alot of us were ready.....

miked1958
12-12-2011, 09:17 AM
To call for the firing of coaching staff and wanted some Heads after the final cowboys td right after the tipped INT when I think zones got behind the D to put them up 12. Me included. Check the game thread..lol ia am happy we pulled it out, but unless they play some d we just dropped a few spots in draft order cause we are not going to win all our games 42-41 guys...
We all know that, but happy still and will ride this wave as far as it takes us. We all know the D stinks, so may as well just go with it, stop complaining cause it is what it is.

nygsb42champs
12-12-2011, 09:18 AM
I am very down on Fewell.

TuckYou
12-12-2011, 09:20 AM
I still want Gilbride and Fewell out after the season. They are pathetic.

GameTime
12-12-2011, 09:21 AM
To call for the firing of coaching staff and wanted some Heads after the final cowboys td right after the tipped INT when I think zones got behind the D to put them up 12. Me included. Check the game thread..lol ia am happy we pulled it out, but unless they play some d we just dropped a few spots in draft order cause we are not going to win all our games 42-41 guys... We all know that, but happy still and will ride this wave as far as it takes us. We all know the D stinks, so may as well just go with it, stop complaining cause it is what it is.</P>

we can still complain about the defense but we have to accept the fact that the overall it blows and lower the expectations to maybe just holding the opposing team to 28 or less points. Which may be a lot to ask for as well. Some posters think this D is going to turn a switch on and play really good. No way. JPP is one man wrecking crew. He, as much as Eli, was the was and has been the reason they are even close in some games or have the opportunity to keep it close. </P>

NYGiants2120
12-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Fewell is a disgrace.... pathetic.

buddy33
12-12-2011, 09:23 AM
I have said many times that I still like TC but sometimes a change is just needed. They won, but they are in the clear just yet.

I also think PF did a fine job last year. This year the teams has a lot of injuries on defense. I don't think it's all his fault.

Gillbride? I don't know, he calls some questionable plays. I wish they would let Eli call more if the game himself.

gumby742
12-12-2011, 09:27 AM
i want the entire coaching staff overhauled.

TheEnigma
12-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Get back to me on this when the season is over. Assuming we don't win the Superbowl (which is a big *** pull at this point), it depends on if we make the playoffs and if we do, how we lose, who we lose to, etc. Lots of possibilities...

buddy33
12-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Agreed that a lot of things can still happen. First, let's see if they make the playoffs. If they do, let's see how they play. The FO is going to the injuries into consideration. How can they not? I mean it's no guarantee that they would have been better, but TT, a more seasoned Prince, Goff, and even a healthy KP last night might have made them a much better defense.

The communication issue could be fixed. Will it? I don't know, but if they could fix that they might get better for the playoffs.

hadenough
12-12-2011, 09:44 AM
I have said many times that I still like TC but sometimes a change is just needed. They won, but they are in the clear just yet.

I also think PF did a fine job last year. This year the teams has a lot of injuries on defense. I don't think it's all his fault.

Gillbride? I don't know, he calls some questionable plays. I wish they would let Eli call more if the game himself.

I think that's the problem with Fewell....he needs a fully loaded and talented team to have a good defense.

He's not good enough to make average players good and good players great.

miked1958
12-12-2011, 09:49 AM
To call for the firing of coaching staff and wanted some Heads after the final cowboys td right after the tipped INT when I think zones got behind the D to put them up 12. Me included. Check the game thread..lol ia am happy we pulled it out, but unless they play some d we just dropped a few spots in draft order cause we are not going to win all our games 42-41 guys... We all know that, but happy still and will ride this wave as far as it takes us. We all know the D stinks, so may as well just go with it, stop complaining cause it is what it is.</P>

we can still complain about the defense but we have to accept the fact that the overall it blows and lower the expectations to maybe just holding the opposing team to 28 or less points. Which may be a lot to ask for as well. Some posters think this D is going to turn a switch on and play really good. No way. JPP is one man wrecking crew. He, as much as Eli, was the was and has been the reason they are even close in some games or have the opportunity to keep it close. </P>

</P>

Hey i will be the first to admit i was one of the most upset ones on that game thread last night.. cant lie about it as it is right there for anyone to see. However, I wont lie, i am a Homer through and through and the FAN inside me thinks they will go on this improbable run all the way to a SB win. However the Realist inside me knows better. You cant win everygame in a 42-40 shootout. We all know that. I also, like alot of guys on here dont think you can just flip a switch and play good D. We just dont have the talent up and down the line on D. IT will take time with alot of these young guys. But TIME is not something we dont have alot of left in this Season. </P>

SO with that said. I guess I am okay with dropping down a few notchs in the Draft order so we can have a few more feelings like we had last night after that awesome comeback. However I do realize its a matter of time that we get Eliminated with this D, weather it is on the final day of season losing out to dallas or early in playoffs, it will happen. but lets just enjoy the ride.....lol</P>

gumby742
12-12-2011, 09:51 AM

</P>

Hey i will be the first to admit i was one of the most upset ones on that game thread last night.. cant lie about it as it is right there for anyone to see. However, I wont lie, i am a Homer through and through and the FAN inside me thinks they will go on this improbable run all the way to a SB win. However the Realist inside me knows better. You cant win everygame in a 42-40 shootout. We all know that. I also, like alot of guys on here dont think you can just flip a switch and play good D. We just dont have the talent up and down the line on D. IT will take time with alot of these young guys. But TIME is not something we dont have alot of left in this Season. </P>

SO with that said. I guess I am okay with dropping down a few notchs in the Draft order so we can have a few more feelings like we had last night after that awesome comeback. However I do realize its a matter of time that we get Eliminated with this D, weather it is on the final day of season losing out to dallas or early in playoffs, it will happen. but lets just enjoy the ride.....lol</P>

</P>

With Eli playing out of his mind, the defense just needs to get 1 or 2 more 3 and outs. And maybe hold other teams to below 30.</P>

lol.</P>

Fewell sucks crap.</P>

buddy33
12-12-2011, 09:52 AM

I think that's the problem with Fewell....he needs a fully loaded and talented team to have a good defense.

Or is he not good enough to make it when he losses 3 CB's in pre season, their 1st round CB pick breaks his foot, he losses his starting MLB, and even losses some potential talent at DT when they lost Austin for the year.

I mean he is using rookie LB's and at times this year CB's that would have been siiting at home but where playing on Sunday for the Giants.

gumby742
12-12-2011, 09:53 AM
I have said many times that I still like TC but sometimes a change is just needed. They won, but they are in the clear just yet. I also think PF did a fine job last year. This year the teams has a lot of injuries on defense. I don't think it's all his fault. Gillbride? I don't know, he calls some questionable plays. I wish they would let Eli call more if the game himself. I think that's the problem with Fewell....he needs a fully loaded and talented team to have a good defense. He's not good enough to make average players good and good players great. Or is he not good enough to make it when he losses 3 CB's in pre season, their 1st round CB pick breaks his foot, he losses his starting MLB, and even losses some potential talent at DT when they lost Austin for the year. I mean he is using rookie LB's and at times this year CB's that would have been siiting at home but where playing on Sunday for the Giants.</P>

Let's revisitwho Spags had in 2008? Or maybe Spags was just THAT good and its unfair to compare any other d-coordinator to him? I guess we'll never know.</P>

hadenough
12-12-2011, 09:57 AM

Or is he not good enough to make it when he losses 3 CB's in pre season, their 1st round CB pick breaks his foot, he losses his starting MLB, and even losses some potential talent at DT when they lost Austin for the year.

I mean he is using rookie LB's and at times this year CB's that would have been siiting at home but where playing on Sunday for the Giants.

He had all of them last year and didn't fare much better

krygny
12-12-2011, 10:00 AM
There are some pseudo-fans here who are rooting for us not to make the playoffs. Coughlin / Gilbride / Fewell haters, who's only hope of getting the coaching staff fired is to continue with the late season collapse. Oh sure, they consider themselves Giants fans but I can't understand how you can root against the Giants just to advance your bigoted agenda against a coach you hate. And we all know that's what's going on.

Cheer up, haters. Maybe Coughlin will retire anyway.

GCGiant
12-12-2011, 10:08 AM
I can't understand how you can root against the Giants just to advance your bigoted agenda against a coach you hate.
</P>

</P>

Bigoted???</P>

TheEnigma
12-12-2011, 10:09 AM
There are some pseudo-fans here who are rooting for us not to make the playoffs. Coughlin / Gilbride / Fewell haters, who's only hope of getting the coaching staff fired is to continue with the late season collapse. Oh sure, they consider themselves Giants fans but I can't understand how you can root against the Giants just to advance your bigoted agenda against a coach you hate. And we all know that's what's going on.

I'll come out and admit I've not been the biggest fan of this coaching staff in years but if they get us in the playoffs and we play respectable football, I'll be all up for eating some crow and seeing them here for another year. Now if we win the division and Atlanta comes to our house and owns us, I don't want to see Coughlin get a free pass for the last few years because he made the playoffs.

There's no reason why this team should be royally embarrassed three years in a row with the talent we have. Coughlin could be like Shanahan was with the Broncos. A great coach but change just needed to happen. Let's see what happens in a few weeks and then review this thread.

SweetZombieJesus
12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
I don't think good things lie ahead for this team, and in fact this will probably be the last positive memory of the Coughlin era. But let's leave this alone for a few days and enjoy the win.

To krygny, there's a lot more than this year's injuries at stake. There are plenty of stats that condemn this coaching staff.

<ul> A Nov/Dec record of 29-41.
Late season collapses in 7 of 8 years. Missed playoffs 2 years in a row, 3 first round exits. Never won a home playoff game. Never won a playoff game outside of 2007. Head-scratching no-shows in big games (from 2005's playoff loss to Panthers 23-0 to last year's Eagles meltdown to the last ever game at Giants Stadium 41-9 to the Eagles game a few weeks ago).
[/list]
So many franchise worsts are happening under Tom Coughlin.

It's hard for anybody to defend this regime once the facts are laid out in black and white.

I don't hate TC and he certainly is a good coach and a good person, but we've got to get off this merry go round, see all the points above. Much like Joe Torre stopped working with the Yankees, that's where we are with Coughlin. The magic is not going to come back, we need a change of scenery.

gumby742
12-12-2011, 10:28 AM

</P>

Think of it as the greater good. If you know this season is lost anyway, why not get the most out of it? </P>

I don't think anyone can ever truly root against the Giants, but I just won't hurt as much when they lose.</P>

If some supreme being came to me and said that our D will continue to give up 40+ points a game for the rest of the year, but if I choose our team to lose the rest of of the games, we'd get a high draft pick and a great coaching staff, I'd be lying if i said i wouldn't seriously consider.</P>

laihovalo9
12-12-2011, 10:35 AM
I tried to like Fewell, I really did but his scheme just doesnt work. I dont like the fact we give up all the underneath passses and allow teams to take off 7 or 8 minutes of game clock. As for Gilbride, why all the three and outs? dont you think the defense would like to rest for a little bit?