PDA

View Full Version : WE LOST THE COIN TOSS!!!....

Morehead State
12-12-2011, 08:21 AM
<FONT color=#ff0000>.........FIRE KILLDRIVE!!!!!!!</FONT></P>

</P>

The negativity on the "Official Game Thread" was a disgrace last night. I know we all get frustrated with our team, but for God's sake, stop with the foolish hysterics.</P>

My compliments to my friend Roanoke and also Gmen Surg. for trying to bring some sanity and optimism to a avalanche of negative Giant hate.</P>

BTW..... We won.</P>

chizz
12-12-2011, 08:30 AM
wasnt really mad at the offensive calling besides in the red zone. The defense is what had my blood boiling all night.

gumby742
12-12-2011, 08:34 AM
I've been saying get rid of KG for the last few years now. Last night was no exception.

Morehead State
12-12-2011, 09:18 AM
I've been saying get rid of KG for the last few years now. Last night was no exception.</P>

The hysterics reminded me of my daughter when she was 4 and didn't get to stay up late.</P>

It was embarrassing.</P>

Giantsin04
12-12-2011, 09:23 AM
I can only imagine what that place looked like.

Morehead State
12-12-2011, 09:36 AM
I can only imagine what that place looked like.</P>

When we were ahead 5-0 they were calling for the entire coaching staff to be fired because they didn't score a TD after the big Nicks play.</P>

I'm going to say something. I may not like all the play calling or even the scheme that we run on defense. But our problems especially on defense were about bad execution. I'm quite sure Fewell's defense doesn't call for WR's to be running open by 10 yards in the secondary.</P>

These first and second round draft picks have to start playing better.</P>

gumby742
12-12-2011, 09:36 AM
I've been saying get rid of KG for the last few years now. Last night was no exception.</P>

The hysterics reminded me of my daughter when she was 4 and didn't get to stay up late.</P>

It was embarrassing.</P>

</P>

To be fair i turned the TV off at the 6 minute mark, because my blood was already boiling and didn't want to lose anymore sleep then I already would have. Although it was more targeted at Fewell. I'm not a fan of KG, but he's not our biggest problem right now. Fewell is. With KG, it's more an issue of opimizing our players. With Fewell, it's a matter of basic competence.</P>

BlueReign
12-12-2011, 09:44 AM
KG could have easily cost us the game last night with his boneheaded RZ plays, that asinine screen call, the multitude of draws and the list could just keep going. We all know Eli thrives in hurry-up situations, but do you think that could be attributed to Eli making the calls? I sure do.

Giantsin04
12-12-2011, 10:16 AM

When we were ahead 5-0 they were calling for the entire coaching staff to be fired because they didn't score a TD after the big Nicks play.</P>

I'm going to say something.** I may not like all the play calling or even the scheme that we run on defense.* But our problems especially on defense were about bad execution.* I'm quite sure Fewell's defense doesn't call for WR's to be running open by 10 yards in the secondary.</P>

Too funny. "We left 5 points out there!!!! Fire Everyone!!" When we score 14 points in two minutes... crickets. Score 40 instead of 41, Gilbride ****ed us.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-12-2011, 10:20 AM

*</P>

Actually the Coin toss was loss because of the special teams coordinator! He needs to get canned!

GMENAGAIN
12-12-2011, 10:26 AM
You are fighting a losing battle Morehead.</P>

KG haters do not account for execution at all . . . if a play doesn't work, it was a bad play call. If it works, it was a great call. End of story.</P>

The KG haters also have no idea whether the play(s) in question came in from the sideline or were plays that Eli checked into at the line of scrimmage. They don't consider that information to be important, I guess. </P>

Lastly, KG haters come on the MB and trash him after or team just scored 36 points on the road.</P>

Keep up the good fight, but in the end, you'll just be pulling out your hair . . . . . </P>

bigblue58
12-12-2011, 10:27 AM

*</P>

The negativity on the "Official Game Thread" was a disgrace last night.** I know we all get frustrated with our team, but for God's sake, stop with the foolish hysterics.</P>

My compliments to my friend Roanoke and also Gmen Surg. for trying to bring some sanity and optimism to a avalanche of negative Giant hate.</P>

BTW..... We won.</P>

That's total nonsense! I NEVER lost faith in the ability of Eli and the offense to keep us in this game.....I lost faith in the swiss cheese Defense protecting the lead that Eli kept recapturing for us
I'm happy we won, but I'm not going to apologize for giving up on, and trashing the Defense, when they deserved every bit of the criticism.
It's not "foolish hysterics" to believe that the Giants aren't going to always win like that every week, with only 1/11 of the defense playing his butt off.
I'm alittle shocked at your views on the matter, because you're usually the first one to point out that you can't overlook the problems with the team, just because they won!
As for Gilbride....he still selects plays at times that everyone from us fans to the opposing Defense sees coming a mile away, that end up going nowhere!

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 10:49 AM

*</P>

The negativity on the "Official Game Thread" was a disgrace last night.** I know we all get frustrated with our team, but for God's sake, stop with the foolish hysterics.</P>

BTW..... We won.</P>

The sky really isn't falling?

MattMeyerBud
12-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Gilbrides red zone play calling in the first half was brutal.

Jump ball to Beckum? really?

GMENAGAIN
12-12-2011, 10:58 AM

</P>

Yeah, I must admit that I am getting a little tired of the fade to the left corner of the endzone . . . . </P>

giantsforce
12-12-2011, 11:00 AM
You are fighting a losing battle Morehead.</p>

KG haters do not account for execution at all . . . if a play doesn't work, it was a bad play call. If it works, it was a great call. End of story.</p>

The KG haters also have no idea whether the play(s) in question came in from the sideline or were plays that Eli checked into at the line of scrimmage. They don't consider that information to be important, I guess. </p>

Lastly, KG haters come on the MB and trash him after or team just scored 36 points on the road.</p>

Keep up the good fight, but in the end, you'll just be pulling out your hair . . . . . </p>So how do you account for the fact that we scored twice in the last 3 minutes of the game and in the first half we got only 6 points inside their 20? What is different? I am sure you all loved the 2 fades in a row for 0 yards. So why not run the no huddle from the beginning of the game and make their defense think twice? Why when we need 5 yards for a 1st, we throw deep most of the time unsuccessfully? Or if we need 9 yards on a 3rd down, we throw for 3? There is blame to go all over, but the main blame always goes to the man in charge. And the man in charge for the offense is Killdrive.

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 11:00 AM

You wanted him to call the fade to Bradshaw?

Mr Excitement
12-12-2011, 11:01 AM
All I can say is..thank God the Cowboys defense was worst than ours last night...

NYGFaninILL
12-12-2011, 11:02 AM

If Ware doesn't make a helluva play on Diehl to basically get passed him with .5 seconds after the ball was snapped, Thant would have been a TD on the draw to ward

thegreatone
12-12-2011, 11:02 AM
I've been saying get rid of KG for the last few years now. Last night was no exception.</p>

The hysterics reminded me of my daughter when she was 4 and didn't get to stay up late.</p>

It was embarrassing.</p>well what do you expect? we have had to put up with the same inept playcalling for years. hell he cant even get play into eli on time. its coming to a boil with fans and is only gonna get worse until he's gone. The playcalling in the redzone was some of the worst ive ever seen and coming from KG that is REALLY saying something. Ive heard it said before and i agree that with a better OC our offense is unstoppable. having said ALL THAT id still keep kg over fewell, lol

stormblue
12-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Eli has been in the league long enough ....let him call his own plays....his brother does it......
his dad used to do it....once upon a long time ago most QB's called their own plays.
TC and KG should form a general game plan and let ELI pick and choose which plays to run and when to run them.
this is the modern NFL and any team that has
a good QB passes more than they run.

stop trying to set up the pass with the run.
set up the run with the pass.

play action plays take too long to call in the huddle......and faking a hand off makes the
QB take his eyes off the defensive coverage.

stop wasting precious possessions with 2 or 3 runs , when you have a QB who can carve "em up.

Morehead State
12-12-2011, 03:26 PM
I wasn't singling out KG. My point was to point out the hysterics on the thread last night. KG, Fewell, TC...they were all targets.</P>

First down......"we're going to the superbowl!!!"</P>

One yard short of the first down....."season over, fire the entire staff and every player except Eli and JPP"</P>

</P>

The overreaction to every play was staggering. And the negativity was frightening.</P>

DragonSoul
12-12-2011, 03:28 PM

*</P>

BTW..... We won.</P>KG was bad again, but the said thing is, is that few ell was even worse.

NoHuddle10
12-12-2011, 03:43 PM
All I can say is..thank God the Cowboys defense was worst than ours last night...

The Cowboys defense was DEFINITELY not worse than ours last night..... Not by a long shot...

The Cowboys D had one big hickup when they blew the coverage on Manningham and left him wide open. Otherwise we marched the ball down the field by running precise routes and Eli throwing dime pieces and literally picked apart their defense.

We scored because we were better. They scored because they were wide open due to a number of complete blown coverages.

The Cowboys defense outplayed our defense last night, and it wasnt even close.

Morehead State
12-12-2011, 03:46 PM
The Cowboys defense was DEFINITELY not worse than ours last night..... Not by a long shot... The Cowboys D had one big hickup when they blew the coverage on Manningham and left him wide open. Otherwise we marched the ball down the field by running precise routes and Eli throwing dime pieces and literally picked apart their defense. We scored because we were better. They scored because they were wide open due to a number of complete blown coverages. The Cowboys defense outplayed our defense last night, and it wasnt even close.</P>

The Manningham TD was about as blatant a blown coverage you could ever have. Dallas' defense was horrible. More than 500 yards, and Eli went through them like butter in the last two drives. I was actually glad Manningham dropped the TD pass because there would have been too much time left and there was NO DOUBT in my mind that we were going to score.</P>

gumby742
12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
The Cowboys defense was DEFINITELY not worse than ours last night..... Not by a long shot... The Cowboys D had one big hickup when they blew the coverage on Manningham and left him wide open. Otherwise we marched the ball down the field by running precise routes and Eli throwing dime pieces and literally picked apart their defense. We scored because we were better. They scored because they were wide open due to a number of complete blown coverages. The Cowboys defense outplayed our defense last night, and it wasnt even close.</P>

The Manningham TD was about as blatant a blown coverage you could ever have. Dallas' defense was horrible. More than 500 yards, and Eli went through them like butter in the last two drives. I was actually glad Manningham dropped the TD pass because there would have been too much time left and there was NO DOUBT in my mind that we were going to score.</P>

</P>

I'm going to give the Dallas D the thumbs up. Mainly because they managed to get a few three and outs. </P>

jax5338
12-12-2011, 04:06 PM
i just hate KG's predictablitly. i know it's beaten to death but it's true. same plays, same situations. incompletion on first down means run on 2nd down. BJ dives, and shotgun draws on 3rd and shorts. (why do they work so well on 2 pt conversions?)

beckum fade was dumb. guy jumps about as high as me. nicks is a fiend in the red zone. he's gotta get the majority of the looks, even if you go at him a few straight times.

Morehead State
12-12-2011, 04:18 PM
i just hate KG's predictablitly. i know it's beaten to death but it's true. same plays, same situations. incompletion on first down means run on 2nd down. BJ dives, and shotgun draws on 3rd and shorts. (why do they work so well on 2 pt conversions?) beckum fade was dumb. guy jumps about as high as me. nicks is a fiend in the red zone. he's gotta get the majority of the looks, even if you go at him a few straight times.</P>

I think his play calling sucks. But the design of the offense is very sound. We score a lot of points and exploit a lot of matchups.</P>

That said, I'm no KG fan.</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-12-2011, 04:51 PM

You wanted him to call the fade to Bradshaw?

oh, didn't realize we had 2 man talent group on this team... bradshaw or beckum...

well when you put it like that....

MattMeyerBud
12-12-2011, 04:53 PM
I wasn't singling out KG. My point was to point out the hysterics on the thread last night. KG, Fewell, TC...they were all targets.</p>

First down......"we're going to the superbowl!!!"</p>

One yard short of the first down....."season over, fire the entire staff and every player except Eli and JPP"</p>

</p>

The overreaction to every play was staggering. And the negativity was frightening.</p>

haha thats the way it is in here...

Mods are trying to do something about it, I threw my two cents in to just let these maniacs get it all out so we can have as much peace as possible for the rest of the week. Imagine if that crap came out in here all week like that?

I'd have to go somewhere else to talk to your sweet face

oldgiantfan
12-12-2011, 04:57 PM

</P>

Yeah, I must admit that I am getting a little tired of the fade to the left corner of the endzone . . . .* </P>

Well there's always the inside handoff. Just kidding - sort of.

yatitle
12-12-2011, 05:24 PM

I'm going to say something. I may not like all the play calling or even the scheme that we run on defense. But our problems especially on defense were about bad execution. I'm quite sure Fewell's defense doesn't call for WR's to be running open by 10 yards in the secondary.</P>

</P>

No but it is the job of the DC to put the players he has available in the best postion to succeed. Under no stretch of the imagination can you make the case the Fewell has done that in his short tenure here.</P>