PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Austin Hurt?

Redeyejedi
08-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Getting his back checked at the Hospital of Special Surgery

Redeyejedi
08-14-2012, 11:35 AM
So we have no Canty, Martin Rucker is done for the season with a herniated disk and Rodgers has a blood clot in his leg. Plus Austin is at the Hospital of Special Surgery.

Redeyejedi
08-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
DT Shaun Rogers was diagnosed with and being treated for a blood clot in his leg/calf. #NYG

DT Martin Parker will need surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back. #NYG

DE Justin Trattou is still having problems with his heel and the Giants say he won't be back on the field for "several weeks". #NYG

DT Marvin Austin has been sent to the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC for a "back issue". #NYG

Awesome day of news today

GameTime
08-14-2012, 11:40 AM
sucks.....some guys no matter how good shape they are in are just not capable of staying healthy and enduring the grind of the NFL.
Rogers of course is an older player but some of these younger guys I feel for.

Moke
08-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Of course. 1st preseason game and we have injuries. It was bound to happen

Redeyejedi
08-14-2012, 11:45 AM
On a lighter said speaking of DT's

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Giants' teammates have been doing an Arnold voice to playfully mock Kuhn. Today's line should be, "Come with me if you want to win!" #nyg

jomo
08-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Rocky Bernard is also nicked up.

Redeyejedi
08-14-2012, 11:47 AM
If Austin for some reason cant play this season its safe to say he is a bust. No way 3 years away he wil ever be able to play with NFL players.

Redeyejedi
08-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Joesph is going to have to play the whole game now against the jets. Which could open him up for injury

jomo
08-14-2012, 11:52 AM
If Austin for some reason cant play this season its safe to say he is a bust. No way 3 years away he wil ever be able to play with NFL players.That's not a stretch.

S.I 2 VA GMEN
08-14-2012, 12:01 PM
On the positive side: if Hendricks, Tracy N Kuhn had another good game against the jets, they may win a spot in the team n see some playing time. We may have lucked into some good young DT/ DE.

Nolan24
08-14-2012, 12:03 PM
bummer with Austin.

Hendricks did look good the other night, hope he can step up if Austin is done

TheAnalyst
08-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Well, looks like we found our injury position that gets decimated this season. Defensive Tackle. Last year was CB, year before was LB, year before was WR, year before was Safety....

Canty now sounding like he wont be ready to open the regular season. Austin having back issues, Bernard has knee swelling, Rogers having issues, Parker done for the season. Thats 5 DTs already affected and we only played 1 preseason game.

timmytimm3
08-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Linval believes these dorm-room mattresses are contributing to the back problems. #nyg

RoanokeFan
08-14-2012, 12:41 PM
sucks.....some guys no matter how good shape they are in are just not capable of staying healthy and enduring the grind of the NFL.
Rogers of course is an older player but some of these younger guys I feel for.

I wonder if the number of back issues at camp is related to the relative spartan living arrangements in a college dorm.

RoanokeFan
08-14-2012, 12:42 PM
They had better put bubble wrap around Tracy

timmytimm3
08-14-2012, 12:50 PM
I wonder if the number of back issues at camp is related to the relative spartan living arrangements in a college dorm.

Lots of complaints about the beds:

• MikeGarafolo: Bennett on the dorm beds: "We're big humans. Every bed is small. You can't put a damn dinosaur in a twin-sized bed." #nyg

Carter.525
08-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Hendricks & Kuhn time !

Carter.525
08-14-2012, 12:56 PM
I really hope Austin isnt William Joseph 2.0

Cool Papa B.
08-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Joesph is going to have to play the whole game now against the jets. Which could open him up for injury

Why the heck would you want one of your most important players play an entire preseason game???

RoanokeFan
08-14-2012, 12:59 PM
I wonder if Tracy can play interior line??

Cool Papa B.
08-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Lots of complaints about the beds:

• MikeGarafolo: Bennett on the dorm beds: "We're big humans. Every bed is small. You can't put a damn dinosaur in a twin-sized bed." #nyg

Hmm. I wonder if players from other teams are having the same issues at their training camp. It would be kind of odd if it was only the Giants.

RoanokeFan

They would never do that in pre-season

Buddy333
Sad. I was pulling for Austin. Is there any way he went to the hospital for something minor and cold play this week?

jomo
08-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Hendricks & Kuhn time !I liked what I saw from Hendricks. Didn't see the promised dynamism from Kuhn. I'll watch closer this week. Next up!

titwio
08-14-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm not panicking on Austin till I hear a freakin prognosis. As far as I'm concerned right now, his doctor visit is only precautionary.

I declare refusal in allowing myself to believe this is serious! I declare it I say!!

Cool Papa B.
08-14-2012, 01:05 PM
If Bernard and Austin are out for a long period of time, I can see the Giants signing a DT to shore up the line.

Are there any good DT's still available out there?

jomo
08-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Hmm. I wonder if players from other teams are having the same issues at their training camp. It would be kind of odd if it was only the Giants.Interesting point you make. This bed thing seems so obvious to all of us. I wonder if it is a leftover from the old school idea of camp having to be rustic and tough in all apects? These linemen aren't 6'2" 245 pounds anymore.

RoanokeFan
08-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Interesting point you make. This bed thing seems so obvious to all of us. I wonder if it is a leftover from the old school idea of camp having to be rustic and tough in all apects? These linemen aren't 6'2" 245 pounds anymore.

This is the last year at U A under the current contract. Coughlin hates that they can't get indoors when weather dictates. It's hard for me to understand why they don't now use the TIMEX center which is state pf the art. They could still sequester the team in a nearby hotel for a lot less cost than setting up camp in Albany.

Buddy333
08-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Any FA DT's available?

gumby74
08-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Can't say I'm too worried. Anytime you still have Osi, Tuck, JPP, and Joseph, you can't really complain.

Buddy333
08-14-2012, 01:21 PM
You really think its no big deal having 1 DT?

GameTime
08-14-2012, 01:23 PM
maybe.....cant imagine a bad bed causing an issue that needs to be treated or diagnosed by a doctor?? But I hope thats all the matter is.

Cool Papa B.
08-14-2012, 01:24 PM
This is the last year at U A under the current contract. Coughlin hates that they can't get indoors when weather dictates. It's hard for me to understand why they don't now use the TIMEX center which is state pf the art. They could still sequester the team in a nearby hotel for a lot less cost than setting up camp in Albany.

True.

But one of the points to having camp is to get away from the comforst of your home and the normal everyday routine so that the team could focus on just football, gelling and getting lean and mean as a unit. I like the idea of camp, but maybe they should find another facility that accomodates their needs. and has better more ergonomic beds.

DVision
08-14-2012, 01:27 PM
If Bernard and Austin are out for a long period of time, I can see the Giants signing a DT to shore up the line.

Are there any good DT's still available out there?

Where are you guys hearing Rocky is out? He missed the preseason game, but it has been reported that he's been back at practice since.

ShakeandBake
08-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Can't say I'm too worried. Anytime you still have Osi, Tuck, JPP, and Joseph, you can't really complain.

You should be because the run defense is going to suffer. I'm surprised no one has started a "OMG WE NEED TO SIGN ALBERT HAYNESWORTH" thread yet.

gumby74
08-14-2012, 01:35 PM
You should be because the run defense is going to suffer. I'm surprised no one has started a "OMG WE NEED TO SIGN ALBERT HAYNESWORTH" thread yet.

Yeah. We're definitely going to feel some impact. But if we start giving up 5 yards a carry like we did during the last pre season game, missing 1 DT isn't going to be the difference. Not with 3 all pros/pro bowlers on the line.

I just think the "injury excuse" is over used. It's up to the DC to figure out how we should adjust.

Cool Papa B.
08-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Where are you guys hearing Rocky is out? He missed the preseason game, but it has been reported that he's been back at practice since.

Maybe I missed something, but I haven't read anything saying Bernard is back in practice. I really hope he is though.

Gmen2005
08-14-2012, 01:54 PM
get these guys larger beds!

Buddy333
08-14-2012, 01:57 PM
What does having 3 all pro DE's have to do with not having enough healthy DT's to secure the middle?

gumby74
08-14-2012, 02:06 PM
What does having 3 all pro DE's have to do with not having enough healthy DT's to secure the middle?

Haha. don't want to start this discussion again. You made some good points with our other discussion so I'm not going to address that. All I'm saying is that by having quality players - 3 pro bowl DEs and 1 good DT, you shouldn't see that huge a drop off. Some, definitely. Losing players technically should cause an incremental decrease in performance. Not an "all or none". And that's what I worry about. Hopefully, Fewell adapts well enough to accomodate for injuries.

Buddy333
08-14-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm not saying its all over, but as of today, with Joseph being the only healthy DT, I could see them having issues in he middle even with all the talent they have at other positions. Tuck, Osi, and JPP are DE's, not DT's. As far as putting pressure on the QB they are great. Clogging the middle to stop the run I'm not so sure. Hopefully Canty is back sooner than later and is 100% when he does.

BurnerNYG
08-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Can't say I'm too worried. Anytime you still have Osi, Tuck, JPP, and Joseph, you can't really complain.And what happens when one of them gets hurt? This doesn't make any sense.

TheAnalyst
08-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Where are you guys hearing Rocky is out? He missed the preseason game, but it has been reported that he's been back at practice since. Swelling in knee, day to day. Not as serious as the others, but still a concern.

TAILGATIN'
08-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Im pulling for Austin this year and am not going to worry until I hear the outcome and significance of the back issue. This guy was a beast at NC, and if he can stay healthy and prove himself nfl worthy, he can be a huge asset. That being said, this seems like make or break year for the big guy.

DVision
08-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Maybe I missed something, but I haven't read anything saying Bernard is back in practice. I really hope he is though.

Rocky hasn't been listed on the practice injury report and according to Graziano he's been practicing this week, so I think he's ok.

BurnerNYG
08-14-2012, 02:32 PM
It's crazy how you can go through school rarely ever gettIng hurt and prove to the world that you're good enough at your position to land your dream job in the NFL even after not playing for a year only to get held back by health issues that never plagued you before.

gumby74
08-14-2012, 02:33 PM
And what happens when one of them gets hurt? This doesn't make any sense. When they start getting hurt, then I'll worry.

NorwoodBlue
08-14-2012, 02:59 PM
What is his injury? Until someone can definitively say what's going on, it's aweful early to start the doom and gloom. Last I heard there were four reasonable DT choices practicing, Canty is coming back, and Rogers should be back shortly. Austin probably will be back shortly as well. Typical panic thread with little to substantiate the panic.

Bottom line is Hendricks and Kuhn get alot of playing time in the next preseason game, and the staff gets a lot more film on them. It's a chance to really see these guys play before you have to make a decision about who to keep and who to cut.

Tuckit91
08-14-2012, 03:11 PM
On the positive side: if Hendricks, Tracy N Kuhn had another good game against the jets, they may win a spot in the team n see some playing time. We may have lucked into some good young DT/ DE.

Opens it up for some of the younger guys ..Show what they can do and may be make the team.

miked1958
08-14-2012, 03:36 PM
maybe i read the thread wrong yesterday, will have to go back and look it up. but i am almost sure there was a thread saying that Rogers and Martin were both released by the giants due to their injuries and that we were now thin at DT.

Drez
08-14-2012, 03:37 PM

They're not staying in the actual dorms. IIRC, they're in one of the student apartment units. I want to say it's Empire Commons. The beds probably still suck, though. lol

Drez
08-14-2012, 03:38 PM
maybe i read the thread wrong yesterday, will have to go back and look it up. but i am almost sure there was a thread saying that Rogers and Martin were both released by the giants due to their injuries and that we were now thin at DT.
They were released from HSS, not the team.

EJ Blue
08-14-2012, 03:45 PM
I... I don't even..

miked1958
08-14-2012, 03:49 PM
They were released from HSS, not the team.Well told you I misread it lol. Anyway, that thread doesnt even exsist any longer as far as i can see, and i posted in it about Janzen Jackson being cut. oh well

Tuckit91
08-14-2012, 04:00 PM
They said that no one complained about the beds in the past and if they did the team would buy new ones

BeatYale
08-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Maybe it's time to give Jonas a call.

slipknottin
08-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Giants were rumored to be in contact with Haynesworth earlier in the offseason around the time they signed Rogers. So who knows

slipknottin
08-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Rogers blood clot means he is done for the year.

So who is left?

Linval
Bernard
Hendricks
Kuhn
Canty (Pup)
Austin (at the hospital)

So they have four healthy now, with Canty supposedly being healthy early in the season. Austin is an unknown

TheEnigma
08-14-2012, 05:26 PM
I had a feeling we should of taken another DT in the draft but not for this reason. Unfortunate luck it seems. Hoping Austin's case is nothing serious because if it is, there's no way he comes back after missing 3 seasons.

Redeyejedi
08-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Why the heck would you want one of your most important players play an entire preseason game???We have no healthy DT's

Redeyejedi
08-14-2012, 06:35 PM
get these guys larger beds!How about let them sleep in their own beds . No reason for them to be in Albany

Redeyejedi
08-14-2012, 06:40 PM
They would never do that in pre-seasonThey have 3 Healthy DT's. Unless they are going to get creative with the fronts dont see how he wont be playing into the 2nd half rotating here and there

dave56dj
08-14-2012, 07:33 PM
They will not let joseph play 4 or evem 3 quarters. They will have hendricks and kuhn play and bring in some bodies after placing Rogers on IR. They will have some camp bodies for sure. Bernard hopefully gets back soon and we will soon see if Hendricks or Kuhn can play with the 1's and 2's. Rumor is they already had some guys in for an audition.

buster55
08-14-2012, 07:46 PM
I've been worried @Canty since day 1. That guy has played his *** off last 2-yrs. Did not like what I heard at his press conference on Giants.com. He claims his knee is better than last Nov and Dec and he still is not on the field. Austin has done nothing I was not counting on him at all. I mean the guy has not played ball in 2-yrs i hope he proves me wrong. Hope the younger guys can step up or rotate Kiwi on the Dline as well I think he is better there than LB. Didnt Tuck play DT his first yr or 2? Missing Cofield thats another guy who played every snap and gave it 100% all the time.

Cool Papa B.
08-14-2012, 08:06 PM
We have no healthy DT's

So then you start the 3rd team Dline if you must. No way do you jeapordize the health of one of your most important players by playing him the whole game of a completely meaningless game!

Drez
08-15-2012, 12:06 AM

SUNY is building a new football stadium and other athletic fields. They really should build a bubble that could accommodate a pro football practice. I know that that issue was a sticking point when they last extended the contract.

Buddy333
08-15-2012, 12:08 AM
No word on Austin yet?

miked1958
08-15-2012, 12:39 AM
Have not heard one way or the other

OX1
08-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Yeah. We're definitely going to feel some impact. But if we start giving up 5 yards a carry like we did during the last pre season game, missing 1 DT isn't going to be the difference. Not with 3 all pros/pro bowlers on the line.

I just think the "injury excuse" is over used. It's up to the DC to figure out how we should adjust.

I'd like to see the stats on other teams that have lost this many guys at a single psotion, for this many years in a row.
Yeah, one or 2 guys at a position, but when your down 4 or 5 guys and the year hasn't even started. You really calling
that an "excuse" ?

Buddy333
08-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Busy day. Any word on Austin?

giantsfan420
08-15-2012, 06:43 PM
i read that austins back locked up on him during practice and that the team is hopeful its just a minor muscular thing. should be fine and back on the field soon

TroyArcher
08-15-2012, 06:44 PM
DT Shaun Rogers was diagnosed with and being treated for a blood clot in his leg/calf. #NYG

DT Martin Parker will need surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back. #NYG

DE Justin Trattou is still having problems with his heel and the Giants say he won't be back on the field for "several weeks". #NYG

DT Marvin Austin has been sent to the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC for a "back issue". #NYG

Awesome day of news today

Is the Ramses Barden of Defensive Tackles.

jomo
08-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Is the Ramses Barden of Defensive Tackles.I don't think he's tall enough lol.

I actually heard earlier that Austin's situation is not considered serious. He does need to step up and show something.

Captain Chaos
08-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Is the Ramses Barden of Defensive Tackles.

I don't think he's tall enough lol.

I actually heard earlier that Austin's situation is not considered serious. He does need to step up and show something.

Really Jomo another poke at Barden??????

I'm hoping that Austin's back is not serious we could really use his skils now that we are thin at DT.

jomo
08-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Really Jomo another poke at Barden??????

I'm hoping that Austin's back is not serious we could really use his skils now that we are thin at DT.Seriously, Captain I can't help myself with that stuff lol. It actually isn't even a poke at Barden, just a poke at those who fall unrealistically in love with something like height and think that makes a guy good. I am trying to control my cheap shots. Thank you for pointing that out sir!

jomo
08-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Юридический центр (http://lcspb.ru) Прайм. http://lcspb.ru Предлогает услуги (http://lcspb.ru) населению. Бытует суждение, кто обращаться изза консультацией к юристу надо когда задание уже пожирать, и требует неотложного решения, вот единственный для запущенной стадии даже настоящий сведущий и опытный защитник, уже не сможет всегда разрешить спешно и без потерь, чудес не бывает! Быть этом надо вникать, сколько присуждать уже сложившуюся проблему гораздо дороже, чем предотвратить наступление опасной ситуации. В нашем центре вы можете получить консультации следующих специалистов: юрист (http://lcspb.ru) адвокат (http://lcspb.ru) жилищный юрист (http://lcspb.ru/uslugi-zhilishchnogo-yurista) земельный юрист (http://lcspb.ru/zemelnoe-pravo) семейный юрист (http://lcspb.ru/semeynoe-pravo) страховой юрист (http://lcspb.ru/strahovye-spory) адвокаты (http://lcspb.ru/ugolovnoe-pravo) . В нашем центре есть юристы по недвижимости,через нас вы можете купить квартиру (http://lcspb.ru/nedvizhimost) продать квартиру (http://lcspb.ru/nedvizhimost) доверительное управление недвижимостью (http://lcspb.ru/nedvizhimost/doveritelnoe-upravlenie-nedvizhimostyu) ипотека (http://lcspb.ru) .Так-же мы занимемся межжевание земельных участков получением кадастровых паспартов межжевание (http://lcspb.ru). Все регионы России .I hear you brother, but could you try to enunciate a little better? lol

NorwoodBlue
08-15-2012, 10:22 PM
What is his injury? Until someone can definitively say what's going on, it's aweful early to start the doom and gloom. Last I heard there were four reasonable DT choices practicing, Canty is coming back, and Rogers should be back shortly. Austin probably will be back shortly as well. Typical panic thread with little to substantiate the panic.

Bottom line is Hendricks and Kuhn get alot of playing time in the next preseason game, and the staff gets a lot more film on them. It's a chance to really see these guys play before you have to make a decision about who to keep and who to cut.

Wow, Rogers is done for the year with a blood clot. I'm amazed they can't take care of that situation in a few weeks. It must be some serious stuff to IR a guy. Hope he's going to be OK in the long term. He seemed to be a nice addition to the team too.

miked1958
08-16-2012, 03:44 AM
They signed 2/3 DT brought in yesterday and are bringing in another one tomorrow. Dude played for Denver

bafzel
08-16-2012, 05:46 AM
Wow, Rogers is done for the year with a blood clot. I'm amazed they can't take care of that situation in a few weeks. It must be some serious stuff to IR a guy. Hope he's going to be OK in the long term. He seemed to be a nice addition to the team too.

A blood clot is pretty serious.
Usually you get treated with a blod thinner called Warfarin wich is also used as rat poison (the rats bleed to death).
During the time you are using a blood thinner you should basically avoid all situations that could give you bleedings since the blood won't clot as easily and that could be life threatening if the bleeding is internal.

I hope for the best for both Rogers and Austin and get back soon!

Rat_bastich
08-16-2012, 06:22 AM
If we ran the 3-4 we wouldn't be having this issue(Red font)

I figured I would throw something in about the 3-4 since that subject has not seemed to rear it's ugly head this season.....yet.

timmytimm3
08-16-2012, 12:07 PM

Marvin Austin walking just fine. "I'm good, I'm straight," he said. We'll get you more later. #nyg

Holding my breath. We need ya!

Buddy333
08-16-2012, 12:19 PM
That's good to hear.

giantsfan420
08-16-2012, 01:26 PM
yeah i posted a page or two earlier that i had read his back locked up on him and that it was a muscular issue and minor. and that he should be back on the field real soon...

timmytimm3
08-16-2012, 01:47 PM
FULL ARTICLE:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_marvin_austin_doesnt_ex.html

That is great news.

ryan12
08-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Giants | Marvin Austin does not have serious injury
Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:37:42 -0700

New York Giants DT Marvin Austin (back) does not have any serious back injuries after having his back examined. He said he expects to be fine after resting his back for a while and does not think the injury will linger.

0 Comments | Source: ESPNNewYork.com - Ohm Youngmisuk | Share:

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz23jUTpfS0

GameTime
08-16-2012, 02:53 PM
stay healthy big man.....

TheAnalyst
08-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Do you guys still think he can play in this league after the long layoff? Im starting to doubt it. He showed some push vs the Jags, but got pushed around much more then Hendricks / Tracy. Maybe he needs more conditioning?

titwio
08-16-2012, 04:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yZYX7a19rI

egyptian420
08-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Ohm Youngmisuk ‏@NotoriousOHM

Coughlin says Giants will wait and see after working out DT Marcus Thomas

Mike Garafolo Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo

Coughlin says Austin will go for more tests on his back. Hints there are some structural issues but won't say what. #nyg
Expand

Ralph Vacchiano Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN

Remember the "good" news about Marvin Austin? Forget it. Tom Coughlin says he's still "dealing with some issues" and needs more tests. #NYG
Expand

Ohm Youngmisuk Ohm Youngmisuk ‏@NotoriousOHM

Coughlin says Austin will have more tests on his back. He hopes Austin will play soon but out for this weekend

egyptian420
08-16-2012, 04:47 PM
that's a reeeeal bummer....missing more time doesn't bode well for him at all

titwio
08-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Damn you e420...I was feeling good about the Austin situation and now It's back to crap.

egyptian420
08-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Damn you e420...I was feeling good about the Austin situation and now It's back to crap.
Not sure if this should make you feel any better lol:

DT Marcus Thomas signs a one-year deal with the Giants, per source. #nyg

titwio
08-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Not sure if this should make you feel any better lol:

DT Marcus Thomas signs a one-year deal with the Giants, per source. #nyg