PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Rogers season over as well

ELITEGIANTS0711
08-14-2012, 03:37 PM
feel bad for him, could help the dline

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN (https://twitter.com/RVacchianoNYDN) Tom Coughlin said the blood clot in Shaun Rogers' leg is a season ending injury.

GameTime
08-14-2012, 03:39 PM
he is done for career prob. Too bad. Thought he could have helped out nicely in the middle. Good luck to him...

Moke
08-14-2012, 03:47 PM
That sucks for him. Oh well, good luck with the healing

egyptian420
08-14-2012, 04:21 PM
That sucks for him...and the team. So he's gone for good and Austin's back could also possibly be an issue. Big hit to our D-line today. I sure hope Hendricks is ready to step up if need be and help out Canty and Linval

fourth&forever
08-14-2012, 05:23 PM
This sucks for Shaun. And it sucks for us.
a darn shame

jomo
08-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Sorry for Shaun, he's been a good pro and he could have helped our DT rotation.

manning to shockey
08-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Yeah that sucks for him. I feel bad he lost a lot of weight and was really trying to be apart of this team.

Carter.525
08-14-2012, 06:02 PM
HUGE! loss..

btbrennan
08-14-2012, 06:52 PM
he is done for career prob. Too bad. Thought he could have helped out nicely in the middle. Good luck to him...

Yeah his career is most likely done. My dad had a blood clot in his leg during a season of soccer in high school. Ended up destroying both his legs (ulcers resulting from the clots, nasty stuff). He was a great player but never played again, you can still see the damage in his legs to this day and he is in his 50s.

btbrennan
08-14-2012, 06:55 PM
That being said, Rocky is the next man up until Canty is healthy. Hopefully Austin can make a speedy recovery as well, assuming the injury he has isn't serious, and make a name for himself. This is his time to shine.

Worse comes to worse Tuck can always fill in at DT and rotate Kiwi, JPP, and Osi at DE. We'll be okay :D

tonyt830
08-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Get well Shaun! A lot of us fans were looking forward to seeing your contributions to our great D-Line.

From what I read on Garafolo's article, Coughlin mentioned that Rogers got down from the 380s to the mid 330s? Wow! He was serious about getting into game shape to get his chance at making our team and getting another ring.

Lets just hope Austin's back will not be a chronic issue, and Canty can get back in the next week or 2. Time for Bernard and Hendricks to step up!

If the Giants IR Rogers, and with the cutting of Jackson, I wonder if there any DTs that the Giants have their eye on. Maybe after 1st cuts, there may be someone out there the Giants can sign

nycsportzfan
08-14-2012, 09:15 PM
I hate that he got injured, but i thought he was kinda a virus from what i read early on? Either way, it su-cks for him, but i'm looking forward to the guys who are gonna have to step up in his place, because i beleive they have more to offer then a unmotivated slug like Rodgers..

miked1958
08-14-2012, 10:06 PM
So we all thought the worst thing about the first game was the refs and jags announcers. We were all wrong as the injury bug still struck with several season ending injuries

shockeyisjesus
08-15-2012, 06:10 AM
Was hoping we would pick up my boy Ronnie Cameron an undrafted free agent from Old Dominion, the CAA defensive player of the year and an FCS All American.

He was cut by the Bears despite leading them in tackles in their first preseason game. He is a beast and could end up being a very solid player in the league some day.

Unfortunately, the Browns already picked him up on waivers immediately after the Bears cut him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/tag/_/name/ronnie-cameron

Actually just read this article on him and it looks like we did in fact put in a waiver wire claim on him we just got beat out by the stupid Browns.

Regardless, he is someone we should keep an eye on all preseason because if the Browns are dumb enough to let him go too, we should jump all over that!

G.I. Ants
08-15-2012, 06:25 AM
Wish that man the best, he had an great career. Would have been nice to have another season vet in the line to help the young guys.

tonyt830
08-15-2012, 06:39 AM
I hate that he got injured, but i thought he was kinda a virus from what i read early on? Either way, it su-cks for him, but i'm looking forward to the guys who are gonna have to step up in his place, because i beleive they have more to offer then a unmotivated slug like Rodgers..unmotivated slug? I wouldnt call dropping 50lbs and getting into shape for camp unmotivated? He may have only had the chance to get 20 snaps or so a game, but with his size, would have helped our 3 other D-linemen get to the QB.

Yeah I am excited to see what Hendricks can show on a regular basis, as well as Kuhn. My concern is losing Parker and Rogers this early, plus Austin is having back issues(he cant afford to miss time) and of course Canty and his knee still rehabbing.

giantyankee1976
08-15-2012, 07:17 AM
that sucks...I was excited with him a part of the DT rotation.