PDA

View Full Version : How can they say Giants will have the worst record in the nfc east???

badnews13
08-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Watching that horrible preseason game last night between Dallas Cowgirls and Oakland Raiders was highly wrong of me but i wanted to see Dallas new players in action. Even though it was the first preseason game, there was no doubt in my mind that i was thinking what everyone else was thinking... Dallas have some serious issues!!! Mainly, Dallas front line is a major concern!!! Watching this game led me to compare my team, the defending superbowl champions , New York Giants to the, self proclaimed america's team, Dallas Cowgirls. Lets find out who is the better team and correct me if im wrong:...

Better qb... Edge, Eli "Easy E" Manning
Better receivers... Duh Giants
Better running back... Edge, Dallas until Wilson get more reps since Bradshaw seem to be hurt every season
Better defensive line... Well since Giants have Osi, Tuck and JPP, it should go to the Giants hands down
Better defensive backs... I also have to give that to the Giants especially if Terrel Thomas is healthy
Better defensive coach; Fewell by far because he utilize his players and puts them in a position to make plays
Better offensive coach, check the rings and i dont even like Gilbride
Better head coach, Coughlin baby!!! The way he gets his team to believe in his message is a thing of beauty!!!
Better team, Giants all day!!! Now obviously these are all good argumentative points but i believe the masses would agree!!! Dallas a better team??? Maybe in Madden but not in the NFL!!! Lets get it Giants!!!

fizzlesticks
08-14-2012, 06:37 PM
better defensive backs... I also have to give that to the giants especially if terrel thomas is healthy

Stopped reading here, not only are the giants DBs one of the worst in the division, they're one of the worst in the league. And getting TT back doesn't help that at all.

jomo
08-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Stopped reading here, not only are the giants DBs one of the worst in the division, they're one of the worst in the league. And getting TT back doesn't help that at all.Troll alert!

fizzlesticks
08-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Troll alert!
Really? I'm pretty sure we were 29th in passing defense last year, and as much as I like TT, he isn't nearly as good as some people on these boards think.

badnews13
08-14-2012, 06:44 PM
stopped reading here, not only are the giants dbs one of the worst in the division, they're one of the worst in the league. And getting tt back doesn't help that at all. really??? Did you not see what they did last season??? The last 6 games, giants basically shut down all offensive weapons. In the post atlanta couldn't move the ball and san fran was 1-13 in 3rd down conversions. You cant be the worst in the league and win a superbowl!!!

jomo
08-14-2012, 06:46 PM
really??? Did you not see what they did last season??? The last 6 games, giants basically shut down all offensive weapons. In the post atlanta couldn't move the ball and san fran was 1-13 in 3rd down conversions. You cant be the worst in the league and win a superbowl!!!You are communicating with a Cowboy fan. This stuff happens every year and they are easy to pick out and poke fun at.

badnews13
08-14-2012, 06:47 PM
really? I'm pretty sure we were 29th in passing defense last year, and as much as i like tt, he isn't nearly as good as some people on these boards think. tt is not as good as we all think but he allows rolle to go back to the ball hawk position or blitzing the qb... Tt brings a whole different package when he is in there. Thats why we didnt blitz as much as we wanted to last season!!!

Drez
08-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Actually, people are expecting us to finish 3rd in the division, not last. Sheesh. Get your facts straight! :cheers:

Mod_C
08-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Really? I'm pretty sure we were 29th in passing defense last year, and as much as I like TT, he isn't nearly as good as some people on these boards think.

I don't yet know if you're a troll or not, but you getting close to smack talk which is not allowed in this forum. You can spew forth in Smack Talk, but not in here

fizzlesticks
08-14-2012, 07:03 PM
I don't yet know if you're a troll or not, but you getting close to smack talk which is not allowed in this forum. You can spew forth in Smack Talk, but not in here
??? How is that even close to smack talk?

giantsfan420
08-14-2012, 07:07 PM
webster has been a top 10 corner for years now, and prince was a top pick with a ton of talent...

i'd say its a split tho between us and dallas at DB. I personally think Carr is overrated but cant prove that atm

Mod_C
08-14-2012, 07:10 PM

You only have 4 posts, one of which chides Giant's fans about not being the only team with the slogan ALL-IN. I'm pretty sure a Giants' fan wouldn't say that. You are welcome to post here regardless of your team affiliation but just tell it like it is and don't pretend

badnews13
08-14-2012, 07:12 PM
we are getting off topic

RoanokeFan
08-14-2012, 07:20 PM
What does it matter what any of them say?

jomo
08-14-2012, 07:21 PM
What does it matter what any of them say?.............and who are they anyway?

RoanokeFan
08-14-2012, 07:24 PM
.............and who are they anyway?

Point well taken!

GameTime
08-14-2012, 07:29 PM
agreed....no smack talk at all....

but the Giants def wont be last in their div. I fully expect the Skins to occupy the basement again....

08-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Eagles will be a nightmare to defend... But the cowboys are not as good as them or us

gmen46
08-14-2012, 08:05 PM

You're right, we were 29th vs passing in yards.

But this goes into the "So What?" category. The 3 teams worse than us defending the pass last year? Saints, Patriots, Packers.

There wasn't a stat more irrelevant to a team's success last year than yards given up against the pass.

fizzlesticks
08-14-2012, 08:28 PM
You're right, we were 29th vs passing in yards.

But this goes into the "So What?" category. The 3 teams worse than us defending the pass last year? Saints, Patriots, Packers.

There wasn't a stat more irrelevant to a team's success last year than yards given up against the pass.

Success at winning games? I would agree. Success at having a good set of DBs? Yes that stat matters.

gmen46
08-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Success at winning games? I would agree. Success at having a good set of DBs? Yes that stat matters.

Don't care about bragging rights of who has "best" db's.

jomo
08-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Success at winning games? I would agree. Success at having a good set of DBs? Yes that stat matters.lol.........................

embeshAtYa
08-14-2012, 08:54 PM
I dont know man. I think we gona be slow out of the gate, All teams we play is same stuff. If we can get into the playoffs maybe we have a chance. We are pretty young team and we have the people to do it

fizzlesticks
08-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Don't care about bragging rights of who has "best" db's.

Than why reply? He said we have the best DBs in the division, I said we don't. Seems like that is what everything is about.

Carter.525
08-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Giants are usually picked 3rd.. Fly under the radar. Just the way they like it.

Drez
08-14-2012, 10:31 PM
.............and who are they anyway?
Them, over there ------------->>>>>

BlueSanta
08-14-2012, 11:31 PM
A better question is why anyone would care what "they" say? And for the record, I didnt read your post so I have no idea who "they" is. I just dont care and am baffled why you, or anyone, does care.

miked1958
08-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Watching that horrible preseason game last night between Dallas Cowgirls and Oakland Raiders was highly wrong of me but i wanted to see Dallas new players in action. Even though it was the first preseason game, there was no doubt in my mind that i was thinking what everyone else was thinking... Dallas have some serious issues!!! Mainly, Dallas front line is a major concern!!! Watching this game led me to compare my team, the defending superbowl champions , New York Giants to the, self proclaimed america's team, Dallas Cowgirls. Lets find out who is the better team and correct me if im wrong:...Better qb... Edge, Eli "Easy E" Manning Better receivers... Duh Giants Better running back... Edge, Dallas until Wilson get more reps since Bradshaw seem to be hurt every season Better defensive line... Well since Giants have Osi, Tuck and JPP, it should go to the Giants hands down Better defensive backs... I also have to give that to the Giants especially if Terrel Thomas is healthy Better defensive coach; Fewell by far because he utilize his players and puts them in a position to make playsBetter offensive coach, check the rings and i dont even like GilbrideBetter head coach, Coughlin baby!!! The way he gets his team to believe in his message is a thing of beauty!!!Better team, Giants all day!!! Now obviously these are all good argumentative points but i believe the masses would agree!!! Dallas a better team??? Maybe in Madden but not in the NFL!!! Lets get it Giants!!!I would say Nicks is better then Miles Austin (which would be a beast if he could stay healthy) and Cruz has Dez by a mile ( but if the kid gets his head on straight he will be a nightmare to defend). They have a 6'4 kid Holmes fighting for 3rd spot and a host of others like we have Hixon, RR, JJ and barden. I guess advantage giants again as we have Hixon that knows the offense here. TE is advantage cowboys with Whitten. But his understudy may creep up on him pretty quick this season..... The Black Unicorn

gmen46
08-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Than why reply? He said we have the best DBs in the division, I said we don't. Seems like that is what everything is about.

The thread is about the question of where Giants finish in the NFC East. You're the one who hijacked the thread. I might ask you the same question---why reply?

Weygand
08-15-2012, 03:27 AM
Who cares....the Giants were 7-7 after week 15 last year and things worked out to a net positive. It's defending as champs that seems to be the collective undoing

Rat_bastich
08-15-2012, 04:45 AM
Does it matter? Watch ESPN and they flip flop from show to show who will lead each division. Do the same with any media covering the NFL and they will also flip flop. None of it matters unless you are using them for your Vegas bets. The real game is played on the field and not on paper. Predictions are meaningless.

nycsportzfan
08-15-2012, 05:13 AM
The Giants offense alone is way to potent to ever finish last in the NFC east.. There Dline has five studs in Linval, JPP, Tuck, Osi, and Canty, which is enough to at least keep teams at bay on days our offense isn't lighting up the score board, which i think it will more often then not.. There is no way teams are stopping Cruz, nicks, bradshaw, eli, d.wilson, bennett, pascoe, jerny/barden/hixon, Randle, and Hynoski... There is just to many diffrent ways to be beat.. U got deep threats, over the middle threats, slot threats, running threats, runners that can catch threats, redzone threats, trick play threats if gilbride wants, speed threats..etc U get the point.. Way way way way to many weapons on offense..

shockeyisjesus
08-15-2012, 05:27 AM
Bottom line, the secondary is younger and healthier right now than it was at any point last season. Provided this isn't a nagging injury for TT all season long, I expect his addition, along with Hosley and some of the other solid young players who were all out injured last year to really boost the part of our team last year that was the most disappointing.

Besides, any amateur football fan can tell you that the D-line had a lot to do with our struggles in the secondary last year as well. When we failed to get pressure, we got picked apart. When we got pressure, we were an entirely different ball club.

I'm far more concerned about the injuries to our DT's than I am about the play of our secondary. Getting pressure is the key to defensive football. Period. We do that as well as ANYONE when we are healthy.

fizzlesticks
08-15-2012, 08:11 AM
The thread is about the question of where Giants finish in the NFC East. You're the one who hijacked the thread. I might ask you the same question---why reply?

Hijacked the thread? I disagreed with one of his points, which going by last years stats, not just the playoff run is clearly just not true.

GameTime
08-15-2012, 08:22 AM
first three spots are up for grabs but I think the Gmen and Philly have the advantage for the top spots. The Skins will be in the basement again...
You dont need stats or detailed position breakdown to see that. Just know the game of football and it is apparent.

TheAnalyst
08-15-2012, 10:08 AM

#1 - CWeb is one of the best CBs in the league. Rolle and Phillips is one of the best safety tandums in the league.
#2 - Our running game was ranked 32nd. Does that mean we have the worst RBs in football? No. It means our Oline was horrible.

GameTime
08-15-2012, 11:16 AM
#1 - CWeb is one of the best CBs in the league. Rolle and Phillips is one of the best safety tandums in the league.
#2 - Our running game was ranked 32nd. Does that mean we have the worst RBs in football? No. It means our Oline was horrible.
what all that means is AS A TEAM they could get theri **** together at times. RBs and Oline are a cohesive unit. Cant have good running without either.
Cant place all the blame online.....
Rolle and Phillips....top ten tandums but Rolle was out of position much of the time. The D did suffer for it at times. They pulled it togther at the right time....

BeatYale
08-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Troll alert!

How is that considered trolling? A Giants fan did elaborate on TT's poor play a while back with factual information about yards given up, completion % etc. even though his ints and tackles lead the team that one year, he was one of the worst CB's in the league.

Ntegrase96
08-15-2012, 11:41 AM

Webster really isn't a top CB. He was at one time and could possibly return to that stature, but he's not any more and really hasn't been in some time. I really liken him to our own, Mike Jenkins. Phillips is a great safety. Rolle, maybe not so much. But they do make a good safety tandem.

Doesn't really matter though as it did not affect your playoff run last year.

Ntegrase96
08-15-2012, 11:45 AM
first three spots are up for grabs but I think the Gmen and Philly have the advantage for the top spots. The Skins will be in the basement again...
You dont need stats or detailed position breakdown to see that. Just know the game of football and it is apparent.

At this point I think the Giants and Eagles are 1 and 2, but it would not surprise me if Dallas snuck up on them.

Skins could be a pretty tough match up for both Dallas and NY this year.

BeatYale
08-15-2012, 11:57 AM

How did he hijack the thread? He disagreed with the OP doubting his credibility because of the statement he made about our secondary and TT. Of course he could have phrased it differently, but it is what it is. Things got off course when people jump in with bootleg logic "negative comment about team = troll". Even the Giants fan that brought out the numbers that exemplified TT's poor play a long time ago took a lot of heat from the mob (the people who get hostile when something negative is said about the team even if it's factual information).

jomo
08-15-2012, 05:51 PM
How is that considered trolling? A Giants fan did elaborate on TT's poor play a while back with factual information about yards given up, completion % etc. even though his ints and tackles lead the team that one year, he was one of the worst CB's in the league.

Here is his quote:

"Stopped reading here, not only are the giants DBs one of the worst in the division, they're one of the worst in the league. And getting TT back doesn't help that at all. "

Now mind you, we've got a pretty darn good corner in CW, a safety tandem that is first rate and 2 young corners drafted in the early rounds and this chap calls us one fo the worst set of DB's in the league.

Where I come from, when a guy with 4 posts in his career here puts an audacious statement out there like the one above, I raise the alert flag. But that's just me.