PDA

View Full Version : Just subscribed to NFL Network via Cable Company

miked1958
08-15-2012, 12:02 AM
I finally broke down and got NFL Network. That will get me all the rest of the Giants Pre Season Games, American's Game on the Gmen which aires on Sept 4th at 9pm, the Carolina Panthers Thursday night game in 3rd week of season and tape of giants games during the week of the 5 or 6 games I won't get this season in my area.

Also not to mention the non stop NFL coverage all week with the different shows they offer. Well worth the $7.95 a month I will pay. The Sports Pak also comes with ESPNU and a host of other sports and info channels. Like 12 or 13 other stations.

They also offer RedZone at a discount ($49) for the season with the Subscription.

I decided Friday night was going to be the last time I watched slow feeds or followed online 10 plays behind, lol

miked1958
08-15-2012, 12:04 AM
Anyone have any experience with nfl network, good or bad?

gmen0820
08-15-2012, 12:07 AM
NFLN is necessary, but you will feel like you don't need it.

derekunion28
08-15-2012, 12:08 AM
love it hate espn watch it all day long free with verizon fios

titwio
08-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Where do you live cause in NYC NFL Network isn't available through cable....only Direct tv.

I used to have DTV but now I have Optimum which doesn't pick up the channel. It sucks but I have an NFLN stream I use and I can watch the channel online whenever I want.

miked1958
08-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Where do you live cause in NYC NFL Network isn't available through cable....only Direct tv. I used to have DTV but now I have Optimum which doesn't pick up the channel. It sucks but I have an NFLN stream I use and I can watch the channel online whenever I want.I was transferred down south by my job. Originally from CT area. Now live down on Alabama/Florida border. It's all WhoDat this and WhoDat that down here. I have MediaCom Cable which offers NFL Network. On local tv you get saints, falcons, jags, TB, Miami and even Dallas games down here before you get a giants game. Lucky for me we have a ton of prime time games and 4pm regional featured games this season

Jet-Blue
08-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Where do you live cause in NYC NFL Network isn't available through cable....only Direct tv.

I used to have DTV but now I have Optimum which doesn't pick up the channel. It sucks but I have an NFLN stream I use and I can watch the channel online whenever I want.

Yeah, I've got Cablevision in NJ and NFL Network is not available either. I don't really miss the games, but it would be nice for the other things they show.

miked1958
08-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Anyone have RedZone? Is it worth it! Not worth it?

gmen0820
08-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Anyone have RedZone? Is it worth it! Not worth it?I don't like the idea of it, but I know many people who swear by it.

miked1958
08-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Yeah, I've got Cablevision in NJ and NFL Network is not available either. I don't really miss the games, but it would be nice for the other things they show.Yes.. For example, for the next week until the second batch of preseason games happen I can watch every preseason game if I want to check up on what the cowboys, Philly, skins, jets or Pats look like. Also I watched the SF game and got to see Jacobs play.. Didn't watch whole game just scanned it so I didn't see MM. Don't know if he even played or not. But it's nice to be able to watch the replay of any game you want. They have them on back to back.Also they have the giants jets game live this weekend

miked1958
08-15-2012, 12:31 AM
I don't like the idea of it, but I know many people who swear by it.So you get Live updates on all active games and highlights of every TD all on one channel?

ashleymarie
08-15-2012, 12:37 AM

RedZone is woth it, we get it free with DishNetwork package, only when the Giants games are not televised here. RedZone will show highlights of all games playing at the time.

NFLN is another we have free. I watch it a lot during football season just to keep up with certain teams and players.

miked1958
08-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Thinking about paying the 49 dollars for the entire season for redZone

rainierjef
08-15-2012, 02:10 AM
Had it, now i dont have it i miss it, alot of repeated shows but still needed like what gmen0820 said

Cool Papa B.
08-15-2012, 07:14 AM

How did you get the NFLN streamed? I have cablevision too, but I would like to find away to stream the channel also.

giantyankee1976
08-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Anyone have any experience with nfl network, good or bad?

prefer it over ESPN, cowboy/ eagle love fest evident though.

thursday night games will be nice.

NFL Combines are nice, etc.

SweetZombieJesus
08-15-2012, 07:22 AM
There are times I watch it but they're just as filled with homers and bomb throwers as ESPN.

Worth it for the off-season replays of games, special features like America's Game, and of course more and more games are migrating to the network.

barran21
08-15-2012, 07:46 AM
I have had NFLn for 7 years now and it's great during the season, but pathetic in the off season, also Rich Eisen is awesome when he's on the air, to bad he's chosen to reduce his work load IMO he's the figure head of the network, but then again i started watching the network when he was the only lead anchor, now there are so many of them...

TheAnalyst
08-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Sports Package is vital. NFLNet, Redzone is awesome although I never know when to use the bathroom cause there are no commercials, MLB network is awesome too. I dont know how I ever lived without this setup.

nhpgiantsfan
08-15-2012, 11:16 AM

I have it. To me, if you do fantasy football (which I don't) then it is awesome. Obviously you aren't going to watch it when the Giants are playing, but it is great when the Giants aren't playing a 1 o'clock game. It shows every scoring play as its happening. Even splits he screen when two teams are in the redzone. It really is a dream come true for fantasy players. Only reason I have it is because it is a part of my Fios bundle that gives me NFLN. With Fios you can even set it up where if you aren't watching the channel ou can still get pop ups on whatever channel you are watching that tells you what teams are threatening to score.

Nolan24
08-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Red Zone is amazing based on the fact that you will never have to watch a single commercial on football sunday ever again.

I flip to it during commercials during giants games. I watch all day when the Giants play at night, bye weeks, etc. You see everything that's going on in the NFL, they do a real good job with it in my opinion.

BigBlue1971
08-15-2012, 12:04 PM
as an avid nfl football fan i think the nfln is essential. i mean they provide the information we need as fans not to mention broadcasting live games this season.

i think you made a good choice picking up that network.

Giantz4Life
08-15-2012, 12:47 PM
I tried to get Direct TV for the Ticket.....Neighbor's trees are blocking the signal
Tried to get Verizon Fios .... They do not offer service in my area

I am stuck in non-NFL Network-Cablevision hell. I really do hate Cablevision, but I literally have no other choice. The channels and on-demand services are always screwed up, and they don't carry NFLN which was a huge deal breaker for me. Damn monopolies!

BlueReign
08-15-2012, 12:55 PM

No FiOS in the BX? They just got in in Queens/Manhattan I believe so it shouldn't be too long for you.

miked1958
08-15-2012, 01:51 PM
as an avid nfl football fan i think the nfln is essential. i mean they provide the information we need as fans not to mention broadcasting live games this season.

i think you made a good choice picking up that network.I am happy with it just for the pre season games, the Americas game replays, the Regular shows they have all week and the Thursday nighter vs Carolina. Anything else is gravy.

Was wondering. Do they re broadcast some of the NFL games during the week in the regular season?? I will miss 5 poss more giants games due to where i live.. Alot of the 1pm games vs teams like Cleveland and TB,cinny, maybe even Skins I will miss.

Steelers,Niners, eaglesx2, Dallasx2, GB, Saints, Ravens, Panthers,falcons I will get due to being prime time, 4pm, monday or thursday nite or just a game of interest that seems to make it all they way down here (alabama/florida boarder)...

TheAnalyst
08-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Comcast is pretty bad, but getting better. They overcharge, but not for the sports package. Only $8 a month, used to be $5. Redzone all day unless the Giants game is on. Love it. I dont play fantasty football either. Its just great coverage.

miked1958
08-15-2012, 02:00 PM
I think you guys sold me on RedZone

gmen46
08-15-2012, 03:23 PM
I am happy with it just for the pre season games, the Americas game replays, the Regular shows they have all week and the Thursday nighter vs Carolina. Anything else is gravy.

Was wondering. Do they re broadcast some of the NFL games during the week in the regular season?? I will miss 5 poss more giants games due to where i live.. Alot of the 1pm games vs teams like Cleveland and TB,cinny, maybe even Skins I will miss.

Steelers,Niners, eaglesx2, Dallasx2, GB, Saints, Ravens, Panthers,falcons I will get due to being prime time, 4pm, monday or thursday nite or just a game of interest that seems to make it all they way down here (alabama/florida boarder)...

"Was wondering. Do they re broadcast some of the NFL games during the week in the regular season??"

Unless there's been a change for this season, NFLN rebroadcasts (ie, NFL Replay) 3 games--2 on Tues, 1 on Wed--each week. They select those games that in their opinion will be of most interest to the nation overall. They tend to be games that were highly competitive throughout, or at least close at the end of the game, and/or that include at least one team who's considered one of the premier teams at the time.

So, usually there are a couple Giants games during a season that make NFL Replay, but you never know which 3 games for certain any given week until Monday PM.

Also, Sunday Night, Monday Night games usually are not included, presumably because they are nationally televised games in the first place.

I'm in a similar broadcast situation as you (Denver area), where there are approx 6-7 games per season that are not broadcast here. For me, going to the local Sports Bar (Buffalo Wild Wings) is an acceptable venue for those games. It mixes up the season for me, and I watch with a handful of transplanted Giants fans like me who I wouldn't otherwise see normally. Win-win for me.

But yeah, I've had NFLN for 7 years now and it's one of my few default channels. Their Total Access show is their daily counterpart to ESPN NFL Live, I believe, and it is vastly superior in my opinion. I used to rely upon NFL Live, but I' stopped watching it 5-6 years ago.

You'll enjoy catching up with all the "Top 10..." episodes they've done with NFL Films over the past 10 years, because they continue to repeat them along with the handful of new ones they produce each year. And they--mostly in off season-- broadcast the occasional "Classic" games of early TV coverage in the 50s and 60s in addition to the more recent better known games of the past 20-30 years.

And, if the past 2 weeks mean anything, it looks like they've added Shaun Ohara to their stable of pundits (although I've not heard any official statement from NFLN, so I don't know if this is just for pre season while most of the regulars are on vaca).

gmen46
08-15-2012, 03:29 PM
I am happy with it just for the pre season games, the Americas game replays, the Regular shows they have all week and the Thursday nighter vs Carolina. Anything else is gravy.

SORRY FOR THIS DUPLICATE POST. I've tried to delete it, but am unable to.

"Was wondering. Do they re broadcast some of the NFL games during the week in the regular season??"

Unless there's been a change for this season, NFLN rebroadcasts (ie, NFL Replay) 3 games--2 on Tues, 1 on Wed--each week. They select those games that in their opinion will be of most interest to the nation overall. They tend to be games that were highly competitive throughout, or at least close at the end of the game, and/or that include at least one team who's considered one of the premier teams at the time.

So, usually there are a couple Giants games during a season that make NFL Replay, but you never know which 3 games for certain any given week until Monday PM.

Also, Sunday Night, Monday Night games usually are not included, presumably because they are nationally televised games in the first place.

I'm in a similar broadcast situation as you (Denver area), where there are approx 6-7 games per season that are not broadcast here. For me, going to the local Sports Bar (Buffalo Wild Wings) is an acceptable venue for those games. It mixes up the season for me, and I watch with a handful of transplanted Giants fans like me who I wouldn't otherwise see normally. Win-win for me.

But yeah, I've had NFLN for 7 years now and it's one of my few default channels. Their Total Access show is their daily counterpart to ESPN NFL Live, I believe, and it is vastly superior in my opinion. I used to rely upon NFL Live, but I' stopped watching it 5-6 years ago.

You'll enjoy catching up with all the "Top 10..." episodes they've done with NFL Films over the past 10 years, because they continue to repeat them along with the handful of new ones they produce each year. And they--mostly in off season-- broadcast the occasional "Classic" games of early TV coverage in the 50s and 60s in addition to the more recent better known games of the past 20-30 years.

And, if the past 2 weeks mean anything, it looks like they've added Shaun Ohara to their stable of pundits (although I've not heard any official statement from NFLN, so I don't know if this is just for pre season while most of the regulars are on vaca).

The Red Zone option depends upon what is important and preferable to you. For me it's not worth the extra $, but then I don't do Fantasy Football, and I find watching the after-games highlight show at 11:30 pm Sundays adequate for my highlights thirst. I can see it being important to the FF players, though.

miked1958
08-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the info. Hopefully we will luck out and some of the games we don't get will be the ones they rebroadcast!!!

DVision
08-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Good news for Cablevision customers!!! Starting Friday they will offer NFL Network and NFL Redzone! Finally!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000050872/article/cablevision-signs-deal-to-carry-nfl-network-nfl-redzone?module=HP11_headline_stack

Snappinnecks
08-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Omg!!!! Yes!!!

BigBlueBomber
08-16-2012, 12:47 PM
About damn time!!! Now I can take off directv and get the triple play!

Carter.525
08-16-2012, 01:19 PM
love it.. just called to make sure I get it.. Boo-Yah !

Snappinnecks
08-16-2012, 01:50 PM
love it.. just called to make sure I get it.. Boo-Yah !

Did the same....They said it will be active late tonight or tomorrow early morning.

TheAnalyst
08-16-2012, 01:53 PM
I honestly cant believe CAblevision didnt have it before now. They will make so much more money just by having that alone. Enjoy it guys.

miked1958
08-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Just added Redzone for $45 dollars for the entire season as an add on to the NFLn sports and info Pak I bought

MikeyMike01
08-18-2012, 02:21 AM
NFL Network and RedZone were one (of many) of the best things about switching from Cablevision to FiOS. Great to have.

miked1958
08-18-2012, 08:37 AM
NFL Network and RedZone were one (of many) of the best things about switching from Cablevision to FiOS. Great to have.Yes I am looking foward to it. Am I correct in thinking that the channel that Redzone appears on is only there on Sundays. I was told it would be on an HD channel in the 700s which as of now doesnt exist as a choice yet

derekunion28
08-18-2012, 02:11 PM
happy for cablevision customers now i can watch it when at others house cant stand espn .....nfln stays on my tv 24 hours a day

stormblue
08-18-2012, 03:42 PM
stuck up here in watertown ny area.....only time warner with no nfln.

as far as i can tell you CAN NOT get it streamed online in the US , but i read a post on here somewhere that said you can.

i would like to know how. can anyone confirm / deny ?

fansince69
08-18-2012, 04:03 PM
stuck up here in watertown ny area.....only time warner with no nfln.

as far as i can tell you CAN NOT get it streamed online in the US , but i read a post on here somewhere that said you can.

i would like to know how. can anyone confirm / deny ?

check your inbox

stormblue
08-18-2012, 04:21 PM
and a public thank you also.

ashleymarie
08-18-2012, 04:24 PM
You are going to have a great time tonight, miked. I'm proud for you. You realize this will be a permanent fixture in your home from now on? :)

stormblue
08-18-2012, 05:28 PM
i have had it in Tampa since its inception....i had Verizon Fios down there.
ever since i moved back up here this spring it has been killing me....."you don't know what you got til it's gone"...!!!!!