PDA

View Full Version : This win means nothing with our defense

SBChamps85
12-12-2011, 09:54 AM
It was a great win no question about that, but let's be serious. This defense is horrendous and terribly flawed. They never get pressure anymore, they never blitz, and the secondary is pathetic. If the offense doesn't score at least 30.... Or close to 40 against teams with great offenses we can't win consistently.

If we some how make the playoffs it will be a miracle of we can win any games. Not being a pessimist but a realist. This is probably the worst set of coordinators we have had in awhile. Only reason were above .500 is because Eli and JPP and playing out of their minds. I'm hoping we can turn it around but I just don't see it with our personnel and terrible scheme

hadenough
12-12-2011, 09:58 AM
It was a great win no question about that, but let's be serious. This defense is horrendous and terribly flawed. They never get pressure anymore, they never blitz, and the secondary is pathetic. If the offense doesn't score at least 30.... Or close to 40 against teams with great offenses we can't win consistently.

If we some how make the playoffs it will be a miracle of we can win any games. Not being a pessimist but a realist. This is probably the worst set of coordinators we have had in awhile. Only reason were above .500 is because Eli and JPP and playing out of their minds. I'm hoping we can turn it around but I just don't see it with our personnel and terrible scheme

I agree...so just enjoy the ride and see what happens

timmytimm3
12-12-2011, 09:59 AM

If they can't cover anyone rushing 4, I'd hate to see them blitz too much.

Look what Eli did to the Cowboys when they kept blitzing him.

NorwoodBlue
12-12-2011, 10:05 AM
This is the new NFL, nobody's defense can stop a passing attack any more, the rules are so much in favor of the offense and letting the receivers run free it takes away a lot of old school defense. Are the Packers good on defense? Not really, Eli lit them up. The Patriots D is horrible, as are most of the other contenders. This is the age of big scores, and if the Giants play like they did against Green Bay and Dallas, they've got as good a shot as anybody.