PDA

View Full Version : Tuck almost retired.......

OX1
08-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Maybe this made the news when Tuck was "confessing" last year at his low point, but I don't recall
hearing he was thinking retirement.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/just_stay_NiPUjV4DDw6YWTMmzVYsrK

GameTime
08-15-2012, 09:04 AM
he had a few heart to heart talks with his family, a couple of peers, and TC. Brought his prioriteis back in line...
He has admitted that much.....

jomo
08-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Anyone with alot of pride can't stand performing that far off their best. Glad he's got cool headed family and friends around him. Go Blue!!

GameTime
08-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Anyone with alot of pride can't stand performing that far off their best. Glad he's got cool headed family and friends around him. Go Blue!!

no question he was doubting his abilities and his drive to play at a top level. Glad he came back and he isnt going anywhere

TheAnalyst
08-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Glad he stuck through it. He was riddled with injuries last year and was probably thinking about being able to walk when he is 40, unlike Osi. Wonder if this came out around the same time Osi said he would probably be in a wheelchair at 40. Makes you really think. Is it worth it?

Hopefully he stays healthy this season, cause if he battles another tough year with nagging injuries, he may call it quits, then we need to fill Osi and Tucks spots next season.

BuffyBlueII
08-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Justin Tuck showed a lot of courage by admitting his fears publically and them conquering those fears and self doubts to become the defensive leader thay we have so desperately needed since Michael Straham retired.

Justin Tuck showed NY Giant Big Blue Pride and Heart. I am very proud of him.

I bELIeve.

Carter.525
08-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Tuck is a gamer..

Nolan24
08-15-2012, 12:11 PM
One could sum up Tuck's season in two plays.

1) During the Monday Night Saints clinic, Tuck had a sack lined up on Brees, but Bress eluded his rush then ran toward the sideline and made the pass for a 1st down while Tuck stayed at the same spot in the pocket giving up on his knees.

2) During the NFC East championsip regular season finale vs. Dallas, Tuck had a sack lined up on Romo, but Romo eluded his rush then ran toward the sideline. Tuck chased after Romo and crushed him from behind forcing a fumble.

I'm glad Tuck was able to turn it around and emerge as a vocal leader and a leader by example. He was great in the Super Bowl too

chizz
08-15-2012, 02:08 PM
just heard tuck on espn radio talking about it. he said the greenbay game turned it around for him

Toadofsteel
08-15-2012, 02:43 PM
just heard tuck on espn radio talking about it. he said the greenbay game turned it around for him

the regular season one in giants stadium or the playoff game in lambeau?

giantsfan420
08-15-2012, 02:53 PM
does this concern anyone else? i love me some tuck, just seems like he isnt as passionate anymore. athletes will almost always do whatever possible to extend their career...this isnt all that diff than the aaron ross incident a couple years ago imo...

i want tuck fully invested (physically and emotionally), no more questioning yourself tuck. he's a great player and needs to remember that

miked1958
08-15-2012, 02:56 PM
really glad he decided to come back and it has paid off. hopefully he has a HUGE year this season along with JPP and OSI

JB456
08-15-2012, 03:05 PM
does this concern anyone else? i love me some tuck, just seems like he isnt as passionate anymore. athletes will almost always do whatever possible to extend their career...this isnt all that diff than the aaron ross incident a couple years ago imo...

i want tuck fully invested (physically and emotionally), no more questioning yourself tuck. he's a great player and needs to remember that

I'm not to concerned about this and its not because I underestimate Tuck's importance on the D Line. Tuck didn't feel like he could make a significant impact due to his injury, which is understandable. He is now healthy so we shouldn't have much to worry about. He will be causing havic on opposing quarterbacks for years to come.

Also, we are lucky that the right people were in Tuck's corner encouraging him.

Buddy333
08-15-2012, 03:26 PM
I didn't read the article, but did it also mention that he lost some relatives last year. Maybe it was a combination of injuries and the loss of loved ones that was weighing him down.

RoanokeFan
08-15-2012, 03:43 PM
he had a few heart to heart talks with his family, a couple of peers, and TC. Brought his prioriteis back in line...
He has admitted that much.....

He really was a basket case for a period of time. Glad he's back to being Tuck.

RoanokeFan
08-15-2012, 03:46 PM
I didn't read the article, but did it also mention that he lost some relatives last year. Maybe it was a combination of injuries and the loss of loved ones that was weighing him down.

Why not read the article? He answers your questions.

burier
08-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Its funny because last season when I.....meh whats the use.

BeatYale
08-15-2012, 04:32 PM
This really shows how hard he is on himself regarding his play on the field. When he does retire (hopefully a long time from now), I hope he retires a Giant.

chizz
08-15-2012, 05:14 PM
the regular season one in giants stadium or the playoff game in lambeau?

I dont remember , but he says he was getting his health back and I dont remember how Tuck looked the 1st GB game

eliland
08-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Tuck is a leader and a deadpan comediene. Just heard him on Lupica and he was doing a subway sandwich spot... He will be doing some event where he and "250 of my closet friends" will be making sandwiches at the same time,. He said meeting jared from subway was exciting for him, and getting into the Guiness book as part of the world record sandwich competition is right up there with two superbowls.

Morehead State
08-15-2012, 09:00 PM
This aint horse shoes.

jomo
08-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Tuck is a leader and a deadpan comediene. Just heard him on Lupica and he was doing a subway sandwich spot... He will be doing some event where he and "250 of my closet friends" will be making sandwiches at the same time,. He said meeting jared from subway was exciting for him, and getting into the Guiness book as part of the world record sandwich competition is right up there with two superbowls.Did he really say "250 of my closet friends?" You must have meant closest.