PDA

View Full Version : Boley- The Anti-Witten

Moss#83
12-12-2011, 08:58 AM
As usual, Boley did work on Witten. Dude used to kill us before Boley got here. He's been a non factor since.

It looked like Witten was about to have a huge day against our starting LB and then Boley stepped onto the field. And then he got shut down.

NorwoodBlue
12-12-2011, 09:25 AM
+1 Boley has been a real bright spot on this defense

BlueReign
12-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Big fan of Boley's since day one. Super athletic and excellent sideline to sideline speed

Moss#83
12-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Witten can still hear Boley's footsteps.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 09:35 AM
We've seen what games without Boley look like

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Witten can still hear Boley's footsteps.

As can Tony Romo, with a wince [;)]

MikeIsaGiant
12-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Boley has been impressive in general, especially stopping one of the biggest forces on the cowboys offense - Witten

Moss#83
12-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Receiving TE are basically a non factor when Boley plays. If we can make the playoffs and he stays healthy I like our chances. NO and GB love to utilize their TE more than anyone in the NFC.

EVGiant17
12-12-2011, 10:15 AM
IMO it isn't Boley that has made Witten a non-factor, it is Tony Romo and the Cowboys. I should know as Witten lost me a fantasy game last night hah (although I'll take a Giants win over that any day of the week). The Giants have given up their fare share of plays to tight ends this season and are fourth worst in fantasy points allowed to tight ends.

Witten though has been used primarily as a blocker ever since about mid season. Early season when both Miles Austin and Dez Bryant were injured he was a monster. After that he has been about a 4-5 catch a game guy, which he was again last night. Romo rarely looks for him when he is running routes, preferring to hit his WRs.

Moss#83
12-12-2011, 11:23 AM
IMO it isn't Boley that has made Witten a non-factor, it is Tony Romo and the Cowboys. I should know as Witten lost me a fantasy game last night hah (although I'll take a Giants win over that any day of the week). The Giants have given up their fare share of plays to tight ends this season and are fourth worst in fantasy points allowed to tight ends.

Witten though has been used primarily as a blocker ever since about mid season. Early season when both Miles Austin and Dez Bryant were injured he was a monster. After that he has been about a 4-5 catch a game guy, which he was again last night. Romo rarely looks for him when he is running routes, preferring to hit his WRs.I disagree. I had a feeling Witten was going to destroy the LB because Boley didn't start. Once he came in and manned up Witten was toast.

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 11:26 AM
As usual, Boley did work on Witten. Dude used to kill us before Boley got here. He's been a non factor since.

It looked like Witten was about to have a huge day against our starting LB and then Boley stepped onto the field. And then he got shut down.

Defintely one of the saving graces of our LB corps this year.

titwio
12-12-2011, 11:42 AM

Last night we saw what games with Phillips look like too. The safety play was just horrendous.