PDA

View Full Version : Injury Count and Return - and Mattresses

Red Dog
08-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Tough to keep track of all the injuries and blood clots etc, but who will be back before season - during season - and/or not at all. Mattress problems make sense as I have a bad back and a bad soft mattress at hotels or when visiting relatives kills me. I invested in an expensive one to help, and it does. Perhaps Giants might consider there may be some merit to "mattress issue" before next year's training camp.

Notice rash of injuries by year: Corners one year, LB's next year, this year DTackles. Am I incorrect thinking that they seem to run in position patterns each year?

miked1958
08-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Yes you are correct. however this is the first i have heard of the players complaining about the Bed's in their Dorm rooms. Dont recall hearing that in other offseasons.

However it is what it is, would have been nice to have Rogers and some of the others as a cushion during the season but we must move on and fill the holes with other able bodies.. I trust in Reese that he will find some kid out there that no one knows about and bring him in to shine

jomo
08-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Yes you are correct. however this is the first i have heard of the players complaining about the Bed's in their Dorm rooms. Dont recall hearing that in other offseasons.

However it is what it is, would have been nice to have Rogers and some of the others as a cushion during the season but we must move on and fill the holes with other able bodies.. I trust in Reese that he will find some kid out there that no one knows about and bring him in to shineI don't either but a freind told me today that he remembered hearing it last year.

Rely on Eli
08-16-2012, 05:53 AM
You would think someone on the medical or training staff would look into the situation.

ashleymarie
08-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Had my gall blader removed. Operation went fine. Walked stooped over because of back pain from their mattress. Finally used BenGay and a heating pad. No one wanted to be in the room because of the way I smelled.

Back pain can lay anyone low, even our Giants players.

Rat_bastich
08-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Had my gall blader removed. Operation went fine. Walked stooped over because of back pain from their mattress. Finally used BenGay and a heating pad. No one wanted to be in the room because of the way I smelled.

Back pain can lay anyone low, even our Giants players.

Hahhaha yeah I remember reading players not playing because of back spasms in the past and thought they were wusses. I had back spasms before. Then I had a real spasm that almost put me on the floor. I don't discount any injury anymore...no matter how small it may seem.

wuzpapn
08-16-2012, 09:00 AM
Watching Around The Horn last night I have to agree with the panelists. We're the damn World Champions and we're giving grown *** men twin beds to sleep on? It's pretty ridiculous, and if the players are complaining, then go get those boys some new beds Reese!

giantsfan420
08-16-2012, 09:40 AM
back issues can become a nagging injury as well. and back pain sucks so bad. I've had surgeries on my back, a triple discectomy at my lower back, and I totally undrestand what the guys complaining about the bed are saying. the back is such a complicated part of our biology, i would think the giants would at LEAST have the proper sized bed. hell, a twin is almost too small for me and im 5'10 and 160 pounds, how the hell is a 6'5 near 300 pound monster getting sleep on that...its def contributing to the back issues...brewer, austin, beatty have missed time bc of back problems already, need to get this resolved.