PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Tracy has a new position and a new nickname

RoanokeFan
08-15-2012, 07:06 PM
LINK (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Adrian-Tracy-has-a-new-position-and-new-nickname-80608315)

Excerpt: "At last, after two long years with the Giants (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/new-york-giants/67056), Adrian Tracy (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/adrian-tracy/766579) has found a spot on defense. He also has a new name. Meet ''Young Osi,'' the defensive end who has a lot in common with his fellow position mate, Osi Umenyiora (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/osi-umenyiora/140319). Tracy is a little undersized to be an end, but he has the same type of speed and explosive burst that helped make Umenyiora a two-time Pro Bowl standout and a constant threat to quarterbacks in passing situations." Read more...

RoanokeFan
08-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Tracy was very active in the Jaguar's game. I hope that continues.

Captain Chaos
08-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Let's hope that doesn't Jinx him, he seemed to be doing very well; lets hope he continues.

jomo
08-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Let's hope that doesn't Jinx him, he seemed to be doing very well; lets hope he continues.He is certainly a busy player when he's out there. Imagine we give Tuck a breather and bring that guy in? No rest for offensive right tackles!

Moke
08-15-2012, 07:31 PM
That'd be awesome if he was the "young Osi". He was active in the Jags game and hope he continues it.

DownWitJPP
08-15-2012, 07:36 PM
LOL Tolly was Wosi, now we have Yosi

Carter.525
08-15-2012, 07:50 PM
can Sintim be "Young Tuck"?

giantsfan420
08-15-2012, 08:03 PM
i think tracy is a good reminder of how not to give up on a developmental player cough cough Barden cough cough. Tracy has been every bit a project Barden has imo, and its nice to see Tracy finally getting it. there wasnt doubt about tracy and his athleticism and potential, the doubt arose when wondering if he'd ever put it all together. it seems like he's finally doing that, and that he could end up being a helluva Giant.
I only can hope that like Tracy, Barden puts his athleticism and potential to use bc if he can, he could also be one helluva Giant.

We have given Tracy, a 6th round pick, the time to try and put it together. We have also done that for Barden, who was a 3rd round pick IIRC, and I believe this could be the year he finally earns his keep.

DownWitJPP
08-15-2012, 08:34 PM
i think tracy is a good reminder of how not to give up on a developmental player cough cough Barden cough cough. Tracy has been every bit a project Barden has imo, and its nice to see Tracy finally getting it. there wasnt doubt about tracy and his athleticism and potential, the doubt arose when wondering if he'd ever put it all together. it seems like he's finally doing that, and that he could end up being a helluva Giant.
I only can hope that like Tracy, Barden puts his athleticism and potential to use bc if he can, he could also be one helluva Giant.

We have given Tracy, a 6th round pick, the time to try and put it together. We have also done that for Barden, who was a 3rd round pick IIRC, and I believe this could be the year he finally earns his keep.

while both of them have been developmental players, Tracy was asked to play a completely different position than what he played in college in LB. Barden on the other hand has always played WR, you can't fairly compare the two. Tracy being moved back to his original position is why he is now "getting it"

GoDeep80
08-15-2012, 08:45 PM
This makes "Old Osi" all the more expendable.

rainierjef
08-15-2012, 08:46 PM
can Sintim be "Young Tuck"?

he already has the nickname for it...Yuck?

gumby74
08-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Herzlich and Tracy baby! Go go go!

Rat_bastich
08-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Tracy a little undersized to be an end? I believe he is the same height and weight as Osi.

YATittle1962
08-15-2012, 09:22 PM
This makes "Old Osi" all the more expendable.

your sig is tremendous

jomo
08-15-2012, 09:38 PM
can Sintim be "Young Tuck"?More like "no luck."

RoanokeFan
08-15-2012, 10:03 PM

Expectations for a 3rd round pick are higher than for a 6th round pick. If Barden doesn't play up to expectations this season his contract won't likely be renewed/extended

GoDeep80
08-15-2012, 10:12 PM
your sig is tremendousThanks to rainierjeff

NorwoodBlue
08-15-2012, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=Rat_bastich;449639]Tracy a little undersized to be an end? I believe he is the same height and weight as Osi.[/QUOTE

That worries me because Osi can't play the run to save is life, can Tracy?

egyptian420
08-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Tracy could truly become a remarkable player, he was just Blowing past the Jags' O-line on almost every play.

I can totally understand why it took him a while to get his name heard....getting noticed as a new DE for the Giants is really tough because we got a handful of beasts at that position.

gmen46
08-16-2012, 04:34 AM
Tracy a little undersized to be an end? I believe he is the same height and weight as Osi.

1 inch shorter, 10lb lighter

gmen46
08-16-2012, 04:38 AM
Tracy could truly become a remarkable player, he was just Blowing past the Jags' O-line on almost every play.

I can totally understand why it took him a while to get his name heard....getting noticed as a new DE for the Giants is really tough because we got a handful of beasts at that position.

Except that his first 2 years he was designated at LB, which was not filled with beasts ahead of him. This is the first time as a Giant he's put into DE and he's actually been looking much more promising. even though he's behind the real beasts.

Rat_bastich
08-16-2012, 05:13 AM
Except that his first 2 years he was designated at LB, which was not filled with beasts ahead of him. This is the first time as a Giant he's put into DE and he's actually been looking much more promising. even though he's behind the real beasts.

Yep. In college he played primarily as a defensive end, but I think that when he was coming into the NFL he was projected more as a linebacker due to his weight(245 lbs.). Over the years defensive ends have become thinner and shorter. Defensive ends we have nowadays are about the size that outside linebackers were in the 80's and even the 90's.