PDA

View Full Version : Ross is a liability in the secondary

Warchild
12-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Did any else notice how many times he got beat yesterday? It was almost like everytime 3rd down rolled around, Romo just looked over to see who #31 was converging and threw it that way.

buddy33
12-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Give credit to the pressure that the defense put on Romo when he just missed a wide open WR in the 4th, but Ross was beat badly. Giants where extremely lucky on that play. It would have been anothe TD.

BlueReign
12-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Give credit to the pressure that the defense put on Romo when he just missed a wide open WR in the 4th, but Ross was beat badly. Giants where extremely lucky on that play. It would have been anothe TD.
Agreed. Ross was absolutely burnt on that play.

mstray92
12-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Aaron Ross, completely sucks donkey balls! Everytime he is covering somebody, he is flaling his arms at someone which lets You know he is beat! He has lowlight reels of him getting beat consistently! He can't cover My dead grandmother! SMFH!

TroyArcher
12-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Did any else notice how many times he got beat yesterday? It was almost like everytime 3rd down rolled around, Romo just looked over to see who #31 was converging and threw it that way.</P>

He s gone next year. Receivers just run by him like he is standing still. If TT comes back healthy and Prince develops we will have three solid CB's with Webster. </P>

</P>

Redeyejedi
12-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Ross was beat in "MAN COVERAGE" repeatedly

Gianthunter
12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
The secondary IS the liabilty.

GameTime
12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Ross was beat in "MAN COVERAGE" repeatedly</P>

or more like "no man coverage"......</P>

AGiantDynasty
12-12-2011, 10:31 AM

Couldnt agree more.

Ross, along with the rest of our secondary is the liability. Dont single him out.

Webster, Ross, Phillips, Rolle, Prince.. etc.

They have all made way too many WTF moments this season.

I hate to say it, but I still want to draft a cover safety. And hopefully Terrel Thomas doesnt stuggle too much when he gets back. He is going to have to adjust to the speed of the NFL again..

burier
12-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Did any else notice how many times he got beat yesterday? It was almost like everytime 3rd down rolled around, Romo just looked over to see who #31 was converging and threw it that way.</P>

He s gone next year.* Receivers just run by him like he is standing still.* If TT comes back healthy and Prince develops we will have three solid CB's with Webster.* </P>

*</P>

T2 is not comming back healthy. He's done. His knees are mangled. We can live with Webster and look for Prince to make a leap next season. That's really all we can do.

Warchild
12-12-2011, 10:36 AM

Couldnt agree more.**

Ross, along with the rest of our secondary is the liability.* Dont single him out.

Webster, Ross, Phillips, Rolle, Prince..* etc.

They have all made way too many WTF moments this season.*

I hate to say it, but I still want to draft a cover safety.* And hopefully Terrel Thomas doesnt stuggle too much when he gets back.* He is going to have to adjust to the speed of the NFL again..

I will single him out, because he is the weakest link back there. Watch the game again.

WilsonFisk
12-12-2011, 10:44 AM
In all seriousness it looks like Ross is playing 0 man like he has help over the top.

Now the question is... is he consistently getting the wrong call? Doubtful. Or is he just terrible playing press man with no help?....yeah it's probably the second of those....I'd prefer the first though.

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Did any else notice how many times he got beat yesterday? It was almost like everytime 3rd down rolled around, Romo just looked over to see who #31 was converging and threw it that way.

The secondary is a liability in the secondary.

Dirt66
12-12-2011, 10:51 AM
If you go back and look at him all year, he gets beat all the time. I believe the last year of his contract.....see ya Ross!

JJC7301
12-12-2011, 11:02 AM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Fewell is a liability in the secondary.</FONT>

YATittle1962
12-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Ross was beat in "MAN COVERAGE" repeatedly

he did not play a fantastic game by any stretch but............

he is playing the most difficult position on the football field...

a CB can only cover one route at a time....if he bites on a double move or gets beat on a quick slant.....you have to realize how amazingly difficult it is to cover these routes....

to the disagreement of most on these boards ....none of these corners are very good at all in man coverage against decent QBs and very good WRs

lawl
12-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Ross was beat in "MAN COVERAGE" repeatedly he did not play a fantastic game by any stretch but............ he is playing the most difficult position on the football field... a CB can only cover one route at a time....if he bites on a double move or gets beat on a quick slant.....you have to realize how amazingly difficult it is to cover these routes.... to the disagreement of most on these boards ....none of these corners are very good at all in man coverage against decent QBs and very good WRs</P>

I disagree, Webster is a fine cover corner.</P>

YATittle1962
12-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Ross was beat in "MAN COVERAGE" repeatedly he did not play a fantastic game by any stretch but............ he is playing the most difficult position on the football field... a CB can only cover one route at a time....if he bites on a double move or gets beat on a quick slant.....you have to realize how amazingly difficult it is to cover these routes.... to the disagreement of most on these boards ....none of these corners are very good at all in man coverage against decent QBs and very good WRs</P>

true....he looks good sometimes

GMENAGAIN
12-12-2011, 11:22 AM

</P>

Go back and look at the Saints game. Brees and Colston abused him.</P>

He is an above-average cover corner . . .he is by no means "fine"</P>

</P>

threenout
12-12-2011, 04:49 PM
When we first drafter this guy I thought we had a blue-chip player with good coverage and return skills.
Coming out of college I think he won the award for best DB in college.

His first 2 years were good, his rookie year very good playing hurt and playing well.

Since then this guy is a complete bust. I have never seen a guy get beat so often and so easliy.
He is definitely gone done hill and also is seems always involved in blown coverages, although who really knows when your watching on TV.

The one game he was replaced by Coe and then came back and played well. Since then he has lapsed back into being clueless. Wish Coe didn't get hurt because he was far more aggressive and aware of what is going on.

Firenugget
12-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Ross is just bad. Unfortunately he's what we have.

Redeyejedi
12-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Ross was beat in "MAN COVERAGE" repeatedly</P>

or more like "no man coverage"......</P> LOL your right but theres a belief that the Giants corners are better in man coverage, not were im standing

Redeyejedi
12-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Ross was beat in "MAN COVERAGE" repeatedly he did not play a fantastic game by any stretch but............ he is playing the most difficult position on the football field... a CB can only cover one route at a time....if he bites on a double move or gets beat on a quick slant.....you have to realize how amazingly difficult it is to cover these routes.... to the disagreement of most on these boards ....none of these corners are very good at all in man coverage against decent QBs and very good WRsYes I understand that but most people believe the Giants are better off in man from what ive seen this year no way is that the case.The only one who can even compete at a competent level in man coverage is Corey Webster

bleeding blue
12-12-2011, 06:24 PM
The lack of cover corners and communication when they play zone is all the more reason Fewell needs to change up his schemes and throw a few blitzes a game.

His defensive game plan is to let the offense dictate what happens on the field. He needs to release the dogs and play a more aggressive style.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-12-2011, 06:29 PM
The lack of cover corners and communication when they play zone is all the more reason Fewell needs to change up his schemes and throw a few blitzes a game. His defensive game plan is to let the offense dictate what happens on the field. He needs to release the dogs and play a more aggressive style.</P>

release the dogs so that the kitty cats can cover??</P>

Gianthunter
12-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Sorry boys n girls the Giants are predicated on a cover mentality. They have next to nothing to attack with. And with the hodgepodge of players confusion reins. It's timmy part deux.