PDA

View Full Version : Michael Boley? Is he ok?

Grail1972
08-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Whats up with Boley? I know he had the hamstring issue, but I thought it wasn't that serious. The last I heard it was becoming bothersome. Has he been practicing? Will he play this week?

JB456
08-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Whats up with Boley? I know he had the hamstring issue, but I thought it wasn't that serious. The last I heard it was becoming bothersome. Has he been practicing? Will he play this week?

This is a great question and I would also love to have additional info about it. Boley proved to be a key component on our defense and when he went down last year, our defense tanked.

BlueJayC
08-16-2012, 10:17 AM
This is a great question and I would also love to have additional info about it. Boley proved to be a key component on our defense and when he went down last year, our defense tanked.

Definitely warrants answering......hamstrings are one of those "god forbid" injuries that only time can heal and can potentially keep a guy out for an entire year......<see Aaron Ross>......hopefully it will subside and he'll be 100% come the regular season.

JesseJames
08-16-2012, 10:45 AM
my question is who plays the WIL position if Boley can't go for a while...

ELIte4MVP
08-16-2012, 11:31 AM
my question is who plays the WIL position if Boley can't go for a while...

my guess would be keith rivers

TheAnalyst
08-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Man, we need Nicks, Boley, Williams, Beatty and Canty to be ready week 1.

jomo
08-16-2012, 11:48 AM
On the one hand, having him sit a while and get totally healed gives us a chance to sort out the best of a large group of talented LB's in camp.

On the other hand, we haven't gotten much from the Giants on his condition and that always worries me.

JesseJames
08-16-2012, 05:02 PM
my guess would be keith rivers
Rivers would be my guess too but if thats true then we will lose some speed at the WIL position and I'm not sure about Rivers coverage skills compared to Boley

Carter.525
08-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Rivers would be my guess too but if thats true then we will lose some speed at the WIL position and I'm not sure about Rivers coverage skills compared to Boley

would be Williams if he was healthy.. thinking Rivers too.

Captain Chaos
08-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Lets get him healthy, I really don't hting that there is a need to press anything right now.

ELIte4MVP
08-16-2012, 07:54 PM

i do agree with the loss of a little speed, but rivers will add some more intensity in my opinion (idk about the difference in their sizes), but rivers seems to be more physical. one of the reasons why i am not so worried about boley is that we do have rivers behind him. the only drawback would be boleys experience within the system

jomo
08-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Next man up.

BigJ
08-16-2012, 09:41 PM
I could be wrong but im pretty sure that rivers is actually faster the Boley.

BigJ
08-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Also i think its alright that Boley is resting because we know what he can do already. Its good to see what the other guys can do like Rivers and Paysinger.Them 2 are getting most reps this Saturday We traded for Rivers and he was a 9th overall pick so lets see what hes worth for us and Paysinger has been really showing up but every snap counts for him out there we have so many Will Backers