PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com Offensive Power Rankings

nhpgiantsfan
08-16-2012, 08:10 AM
They have Packers, Patriots, and Saints in the top tier. Then they have us in the second tier with the Panthers, Steelers, Eagles, and Lions. I kinda think our offense is better than the teams they grouped us with.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000050370/article/offensive-power-rankings-patriots-packers-soar?module=HP11_content_stream

ashleymarie
08-16-2012, 08:16 AM
:) I know. Don't lose any sleep over it. There was a time not long ago when we would not even be mentioned. I remember watching NFLN for 3 hrs just to hear a 10-second blurb on our Giants, and that was after our first Eli superbowl win.

bigblue58
08-16-2012, 10:35 AM
They have Packers, Patriots, and Saints in the top tier. Then they have us in the second tier with the Panthers, Steelers, Eagles, and Lions. I kinda think our offense is better than the teams they grouped us with.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000050370/article/offensive-power-rankings-patriots-packers-soar?module=HP11_content_stream

You're going to have to ignore what amounts to someone's opinion or you will drive yourself crazy by the end of the season! The boobs at NFL.com, NFL Network and ESPN are no smarter than anyone else, thus their opinions carry no more weight than anyone else's. I go by who has the ring, what i'm seeing with my own eyes to judge who the best in the NFL is. The Giants are the reigning SB Champions and nobody's anti Giants bias can change that.
These sports outlets are in love with numbers, which in the end...come crunch time, are meaningless.
To give you some idea of how meaningless... the Skip Bayless' of the world love to point out howTony Romo has the second best QB rating all time......totally ignoring the other more relevent fact that he has just one playoff win and zero rings! As for the Packers, putting them in the top of the power rankings, when they are severely injury ravaged on offense right now, is equally absurd!

Moke
08-16-2012, 10:41 AM
It pisses me off that the Patriots are in the top tier. That's the only thing that I care about right now.

The Giants have a much more offensive power, and talent, than the Patriots do.

Nicks, Cruz, Bradshaw > Lloyd, wes welker, gronkowski.

If the Giants are going to be 2nd tier (the best out of all of those) then the patriots should be 2nd tier too. Saints and Packers I can agree with though.

But then again, I rather have a more balanced team anyway which we definitely can boast about over the Saints/Packers

jax5338
08-16-2012, 04:29 PM
It pisses me off that the Patriots are in the top tier. That's the only thing that I care about right now.

The Giants have a much more offensive power, and talent, than the Patriots do.

Nicks, Cruz, Bradshaw > Lloyd, wes welker, gronkowski.

If the Giants are going to be 2nd tier (the best out of all of those) then the patriots should be 2nd tier too. Saints and Packers I can agree with though.

But then again, I rather have a more balanced team anyway which we definitely can boast about over the Saints/Packers

ehhh im usually a homer but i agree the pats offense is dirty.

gronk is unstoppable in the redzone, welker is the best slot guy around. hernandez is a great talent, and lloyd is a great player who will likely have a career year with brady (he's never had a great QB IIRC). mix in danny woodhead, and some vets like branch and gaffney and they can be dangerous.

not to say our offense cannot be just as nasty, but their's is more proven at this time IMO.

rainierjef
08-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Why do you guys QQ over this?

the pats/saints/packers are all high powered arial attacks, they don't run the ball nearly as much as the giants do they rely on spreading the field thats why they are favored as the top tier. who cares at the end of the day wins and losses and all those teams lost when it counted last year, its a new year lets see how our offense evolves, before getting pissed over pre-season determined rankings. remember eli is not even top 10 on the top 100 list that should give you your merit to these ranking polls

Captain Chaos
08-16-2012, 06:30 PM
They ranked us that high, dang I would have expected much lower....