PDA

View Full Version : sintim waived

Jahh
08-16-2012, 10:09 AM
eat your heart out

GameTime
08-16-2012, 10:10 AM
good....he needed to be gone. I wish the guy well but he is done....for now. Good luck to him

Moke
08-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Good luck to him. I doubt he would ever have played here

rxc999
08-16-2012, 10:13 AM
about time....he needed to be gone.

manning to shockey
08-16-2012, 10:16 AM
I never like to hear that someone got cut but I think we all knew this was going to happen.

JimC
08-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Do you have a link?

miked1958
08-16-2012, 10:23 AM
not surprised at all in hearing this news. I guess they waited a bit to long, dont you think? he was taking up valuable roster space

Jahh
08-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Do you have a link?

Tweeted by Ralph V and confirmed by the others. Roster moves won't be official until later today.

jomo
08-16-2012, 10:30 AM
No way!! lol

Can't wait to see the posts that he's really build for the 3-4 defense and didn't get a fair shot here.

ryan12
08-16-2012, 10:31 AM
the clint sintim project is offically over

ShakeandBake
08-16-2012, 10:31 AM
:cheers: woohoo good riddance

Juanito
08-16-2012, 10:32 AM
He was a terrible fit for our system, but I'm not sure he was that good either.

timmytimm3
08-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Future Pro Bowler in a 3-4 (/red font)

Moke
08-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Future Pro Bowler in a 3-4 (/red font)

You can easily put red font now :)

JesseJames
08-16-2012, 10:43 AM
I think Sintims injuries made it easy for the Giants to cut him rather than have to admit they made a mistake when they drafted him....

ryan12
08-16-2012, 10:44 AM
I think Sintims injuries made it easy for the Giants to cut him rather than have to admit they made a mistake when they drafted him....

agreed 100%

Mod_C
08-16-2012, 10:45 AM
eat your heart out

Please post a link for this.

GameTime
08-16-2012, 10:46 AM
seeing a player with good up side and talant in the draft and taking a chance on him is NOT a mistake. Every draft pick is a gamble to some degree.

Sintim for whatver reason, which include injury, just hasnt cut it.

Moke
08-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Please post a link for this.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/08/giants-part-ways-with-former-second-round-pick

BlueReign
08-16-2012, 10:50 AM
I thought we had a good player on our hands when we drafted him...too bad he got bitten by the injury bug.

ShakeandBake
08-16-2012, 10:55 AM
I thought we had a good player on our hands when we drafted him...too bad he got bitten by the injury bug.

It didn't help that the guy went to a 4-3 team either. Oh well this experiment is over finally.

moo
08-16-2012, 10:57 AM
That's the 2nd round pick from the 09 draft gone, next up: the 3rd round pick.

TheAnalyst
08-16-2012, 11:15 AM
What a waste. I bet he signs with the Ravens or Steelers and becomes a very good player.

GameTime
08-16-2012, 11:41 AM
What a waste. I bet he signs with the Ravens or Steelers and becomes a very good player.
I bet not.....

GameTime
08-16-2012, 11:43 AM
It didn't help that the guy went to a 4-3 team either. Oh well this experiment is over finally.
Kiwi goes from DE to LB and back and forth..
No excuse for Sintim. The injury thing is legit of course but to pigeon hole a guy to just a 4-3/3-4 player. If thats the case then he isnt all that good anyway.

Not ragging on you its just my opinion. All of these NFL players are very talented what separates them is drive and desire to be the best.

jomo
08-16-2012, 11:45 AM
seeing a player with good up side and talant in the draft and taking a chance on him is NOT a mistake. Every draft pick is a gamble to some degree.

Sintim for whatver reason, which include injury, just hasnt cut it.The draft is not an exact science. On balance we do exceedingly well with the draft under JR.

Toadofsteel
08-16-2012, 11:54 AM
That's the 2nd round pick from the 09 draft gone, next up: the 3rd round pick.
(insert beer mug here)

jomo
08-16-2012, 11:57 AM
(insert beer mug here)I miss the beer mug, I also miss a bunch of other icons that are not included in the paltry smiley package. Where is a good wink when you need it? lol

Carter.525
08-16-2012, 11:58 AM
this had to be the year he finally got cut.. I wish him the best.

sskeller
08-16-2012, 01:16 PM
It's official, he's a bust.

RoanokeFan
08-16-2012, 01:20 PM
The draft is not an exact science. On balance we do exceedingly well with the draft under JR.

I think the patience they exhibit with "developing players" is huge. Would Tynes and Weatheford have survived elsewhere?

GameTime
08-16-2012, 01:26 PM
I think the patience they exhibit with "developing players" is huge. Would Tynes and Weatheford have survived elsewhere?
Folks....with age comes wisdom.....
Ro is evidence of that......:o

RoanokeFan
08-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Folks....with age comes wisdom.....
Ro is evidence of that......:o

LMAO, I'm debating the intent here

RoanokeFan
08-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Sintim failed his physical

GameTime
08-16-2012, 01:34 PM
LMAO, I'm debating the intent here
considering the source (me) I would certainly question the intent......:)

TheAnalyst
08-16-2012, 01:59 PM

Yes, developing players... except Dodge.

ShakeandBake
08-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Kiwi goes from DE to LB and back and forth..
No excuse for Sintim. The injury thing is legit of course but to pigeon hole a guy to just a 4-3/3-4 player. If thats the case then he isnt all that good anyway.

Not ragging on you its just my opinion. All of these NFL players are very talented what separates them is drive and desire to be the best.

Not really a fair comparison considering Kiwi can play both DE and LB in our 4-3 defense(which is extremely rare) where Sintim could play neither LB nor DE in our system. Kiwi was a defensive end in college(4-3) where Sintim was an outside linebacker in a 3-4, so one would expect that Kiwi would adapt more easily than Sintim would/did.

Toadofsteel
08-16-2012, 02:39 PM

What happens when players have been here for 4 years and done nothing when given the chance?

scoopscj
08-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Good luck kid.

GameTime
08-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Not really a fair comparison considering Kiwi can play both DE and LB in our 4-3 defense(which is extremely rare) where Sintim could play neither LB nor DE in our system. Kiwi was a defensive end in college(4-3) where Sintim was an outside linebacker in a 3-4, so one would expect that Kiwi would adapt more easily than Sintim would/did.
my point is these guys if they have enough drive and desire should be able to adapt. If he cant adapt to a 4-3 from a 3-4 then he wasn't really all that good anyway IMO.

titwio
08-16-2012, 03:34 PM
He was wasted here...Loved him coming out of the draft but his career would have been better 10fold if he was drafted by a 3-4 team.

Hope he catches on with another team.

RoanokeFan
08-16-2012, 04:09 PM
What happens when players have been here for 4 years and done nothing when given the chance?

I assume they are at the end of their rookie contract at year 4

JesseJames
08-16-2012, 04:32 PM

Sintim for whatver reason, which include injury, just hasnt cut it.

I respectfully disagree, anybody who saw Sintim play could see he simply wasn't cut out for the defense we play, actually I thought he would have had a better career as a pass rusher because his coverage skills weren't too good and he didn't have the speed..

Roosevelt
08-16-2012, 04:39 PM

Great point. Clint was given a fair opportunity to get on the field.

jomo
08-16-2012, 05:00 PM
I think the patience they exhibit with "developing players" is huge. Would Tynes and Weatheford have survived elsewhere?Tynes for sure and guys like Boothe as well but I think Weatherford was pretty much an instant hit with us last year after beating out the shankster in training camp.

RoanokeFan
08-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Tynes for sure and guys like Boothe as well but I think Weatherford was pretty much an instant hit with us last year after beating out the shankster in training camp.

We could probably point to a few more players like Blackburn for example. I may have confused Weatherford's start here with Dodge but I thought I recalled Weatherford as the guy getting ALL of TC's attention when he didn't punt out of bounds to the Eagles.

RoanokeFan
08-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Great point. Clint was given a fair opportunity to get on the field.

I think they give every player every opportunity. This year is Barden's year to sink or swim, as an example. Many of us would have cut him by now.

BigBlueAllDay
08-16-2012, 05:17 PM
We could probably point to a few more players like Blackburn for example. I may have confused Weatherford's start here with Dodge but I thought I recalled Weatherford as the guy getting ALL of TC's attention when he didn't punt out of bounds to the Eagles.

That would be Dodge... The Giants may have huge patience with "developing" players, but Dodge was a huge exception with a one and done rookie season. When a veteran player like Weatherford enters camp, wants to make the team, delivers good directional punts that TC is looking for, puts up decent hang-time for the punt coverage, etc... It was a no-brainer for the Giants last preseason. With Sintim, it looks like the patience bank has run out for him.

TheEnigma
08-16-2012, 05:18 PM
He was wasted here...Loved him coming out of the draft but his career would have been better 10fold if he was drafted by a 3-4 team.

Hope he catches on with another team.

Pretty much how I feel on the situation. Odds are that it's too late for him now to do anything though. Good luck to him with whatever he tries next.

BigBlueAllDay
08-16-2012, 05:26 PM
I think they give every player every opportunity. This year is Barden's year to sink or swim, as an example. Many of us would have cut him by now.

Barden's career so far has always been tough playing behind the high caliber WRs Nicks, Manningham, and then Cruz last year. Now with 2nd-Rd draft pick Ruben Randle and Hixon in the mix minus Manningham, the competition level to see the football field is still very high. I almost can't blame Barden for that, but he needs to show why he should be on the field over some of the other WRs mentioned.

jomo
08-16-2012, 05:31 PM
That would be Dodge... The Giants may have huge patience with "developing" players, but Dodge was a huge exception with a one and done rookie season. When a veteran player like Weatherford enters camp, wants to make the team, delivers good directional punts that TC is looking for, puts up decent hang-time for the punt coverage, etc... It was a no-brainer for the Giants last preseason. With Sintim, it looks like the patience bank has run out for him.Punters are different. You only carry one and there is no place to hide a second on the roster. A guy like Boothe or Blackburn can be parked down the depth chart while they develop. Punter, no such luxury, you have to be at the top of your game. I would tell you that in that context, the Giants were very patient (as is their style) in waiting a full year for Dodge who was pretty much inconsistent or poor all year with an occasional boomer 15 feet high and 70 yards long.

BigBlueAllDay
08-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Punters are different. You only carry one and there is no place to hide a second on the roster. A guy like Boothe or Blackburn can be parked down the depth chart while they develop. Punter, no such luxury, you have to be at the top of your game. I would tell you that in that context, the Giants were very patient in waiting a full year for Dodge who was pretty much inconsistent or poor all year with an occasional boomer 15 feet high and 70 yards long.

Don't forget, Blackburn was actually let go last season and teaching before the Giants signed him back later in the season because no other team was even thinking about signing him the whole time. Also, the Giants were going to give Dodge another season until Weatherford beat him out at the end while they were testing both punters during all of preseason last year. I think we're all glad Weatherford won that one punter's spot.

Captain Chaos
08-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Tough break for the kid, back to back knees....

GMENAGAIN
08-16-2012, 06:34 PM
It was inevitable . . . . good luck to him. Hopefully he can jump start his career somewhere else . . . .

jonnyhaze
08-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Sinorice Moss has competition now for worst production out of a Jerry Reese giants 2nd round draft pick

Toadofsteel
08-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Sinorice Moss has competition now for worst production out of a Jerry Reese giants 2nd round draft pick

No, Barden is a 3rd round pick, not 2nd... though he does compete with Sinorice for worst production out of any Jerry Reese pick, period.

jonnyhaze
08-16-2012, 06:59 PM
No, Barden is a 3rd round pick, not 2nd... though he does compete with Sinorice for worst production out of any Jerry Reese pick, period.

I was comparing Sinorice to Sintim. Barden is still a work in progress to me.

Joe Morrison
08-16-2012, 07:17 PM
I thought Sinorice came before Reese

jomo
08-16-2012, 07:27 PM
I was comparing Sinorice to Sintim. Barden is still a work in progress to me.Work in progress, that's for sure.

fourth&forever
08-16-2012, 09:44 PM
so long Clint. We hardly knew ye.

BigJ
08-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Obviously trust Reese with his draft picks but we havnt drafted a LB high in a real long time and he uses the 12 or 13th pick in the second round to finally draft a linebacker but he drafts Sintim a 34 outside linebacker he really just didnt fit in our system. I dont get y he would draft him.

Buddy333
08-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Before he was injured last year Carl Banks said he was looking very good. It's to bad he was hurt again.

berya
08-16-2012, 10:59 PM
About time.