PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Beckum over Trattou

BlueMetal 40
08-16-2012, 12:19 PM
This speaks volumes of what the coaches think of Travis Beckum's ability. Even with all of our receiver depth, they chose to keep Beckum, rehabbing from an ACL tear, over Trattou, who has the heel thing going on. Maybe I was just hoping that Justin T. was going to be on the 53 the entire season....

giantsfan420
08-16-2012, 12:24 PM
im surprised too. been good reports coming outta camp on trattou.

i think the te situation and lack of ppl who fully grasp the playbook is what led to keeping beckum (up to this point at least). the FO has been really supporting beckum, they must see something in him...i do. i think he can be a viable option in the pass game

gumby74
08-16-2012, 12:25 PM
im surprised too. been good reports coming outta camp on trattou.

i think the te situation and lack of ppl who fully grasp the playbook is what led to keeping beckum (up to this point at least). the FO has been really supporting beckum, they must see something in him...i do. i think he can be a viable option in the pass game

Dunno, my friend who went to UWisconson keeps on telling me that we got a steal. We'll see, but I sure hope so.

ryan12
08-16-2012, 12:35 PM
kinda pissed about trattou i was expecting him to be this years tolefson

primetime
08-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Adrian Tracy made it easy to cut Justin Trattou. Also doesn't help your cause when you're injured.
As for Travis Beckum, he has 9 lives on this team...

jomo
08-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Adrian Tracy made it easy to cut Justin Trattou. Also doesn't help your cause when you're injured.
As for Travis Beckum, he has 9 lives on this team...Beckum is either a good sized wide-out with below average speed for that position or an undersized TE with blocking skills that are way below what that position demands.

Especially with a sub-par OL and plenty of WR I would think that our TEs need to be able to block like mad dogs first and foremost.

Redeyejedi
08-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Trattou will be probably be given another chance with the Giants when he heals up. Maybe he will catch on the practice squad later in the year or next season be invited 2 camp

BlueSanta
08-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Beckum is either a good sized wide-out with below average speed for that position or an undersized TE with blocking skills that are way below what that position demands.

Especially with a sub-par OL and plenty of WR I would think that our TEs need to be able to block like mad dogs first and foremost.

Furthermore, I think it highly unlikely we keep 4 TEs. So who loses out if we eventually keep Beckum? Bennett is a lock.Robinson(4th roundpick) is likely a lock.

that leaves Pascoe vs Beckum. Pascoe's versatilty would be missed. He plays more positions than just end line TE. He is the backup FB. He is our H-back.

I said this offseason that if Joe Martinek could serve the role of backup FB / h-back then Pascoe's value would drop somewhat because he would be valuated purely as a TE. However, I have not been hearing much about Joe and the Giants have been using Pascoe quite a bit in camp/ Jags game. So I think Pascoe has to remain on the roster otherwise we lose our backup FB. Yet, another case where versatility helps a guy(pascoe) and lack of it hurts another guy(Beckum.)

I also think the Giants bringing in a bunch of guys to try out for the slot WR position will hurt Beckum's chances. He did line up there quite often in the past.

Eli TO Shockey
08-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Beckum is either a good sized wide-out with below average speed for that position or an undersized TE with blocking skills that are way below what that position demands.

ive been preaching this for years. amen brother. I dont see what the giants see in him...especially now after an ACL tear.

TheAnalyst
08-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Travis Beckum and Ramses Barden are the new Sinorice Moss's.

BlueMetal 40
08-16-2012, 02:24 PM
As for Travis Beckum, he has 9 lives on this team...
Funny thing is, with the D-Line injuries, I thought we would be keeping as many D-Ends as we could to allow Tuck and JPP to slip inside and fill the void at DT.

BlueMetal 40
08-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Trattou will be probably be given another chance with the Giants when he heals up. Maybe he will catch on the practice squad later in the year or next season be invited 2 camp
Is he PS eligible? He had like 5 or 6 games on the 53 last season, didn't he? Not really sure of the requirements, please don't shoot me if I am incorrect. ;)

jomo
08-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Furthermore, I think it highly unlikely we keep 4 TEs. So who loses out if we eventually keep Beckum? Bennett is a lock.Robinson(4th roundpick) is likely a lock.

that leaves Pascoe vs Beckum. Pascoe's versatilty would be missed. He plays more positions than just end line TE. He is the backup FB. He is our H-back.

I said this offseason that if Joe Martinek could serve the role of backup FB / h-back then Pascoe's value would drop somewhat because he would be valuated purely as a TE. However, I have not been hearing much about Joe and the Giants have been using Pascoe quite a bit in camp/ Jags game. So I think Pascoe has to remain on the roster otherwise we lose our backup FB. Yet, another case where versatility helps a guy(pascoe) and lack of it hurts another guy(Beckum.)

I also think the Giants bringing in a bunch of guys to try out for the slot WR position will hurt Beckum's chances. He did line up there quite often in the past...........and if Martinek can fill some of Pascoes role, that still doesn't make Beckum and NFL tight end.

scoopscj
08-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Is Travis Beckem the new SInorice Moss? sheesh he has 9 lives for sure.

Captain Chaos
08-16-2012, 06:42 PM
With the way Tracy has been playing I think that was an easy call for them; especially if Trattou would be hampered all year with that foot injury.

jomo
08-16-2012, 07:46 PM
With the way Tracy has been playing I think that was an easy call for them; especially if Trattou would be hampered all year with that foot injury.Agreed.............

G4L
08-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Beckum won't be counting as a roster spot to start the season, so I don't really see it as Beckum over Trattou. Beckum will start the season on PUP after his Super Bowl ACL tear and can be activated after week 6 or IR'd. So we don't have to make a decision on Pascoe vs Beckum until then.

MikeSherrard
08-16-2012, 10:01 PM
I just watched the road to the Super bowl. Beckham played surprisingly well. Had some clutch catches.

fourth&forever
08-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Beckum won't be counting as a roster spot to start the season, so I don't really see it as Beckum over Trattou. Beckum will start the season on PUP after his Super Bowl ACL tear and can be activated after week 6 or IR'd. So we don't have to make a decision on Pascoe vs Beckum until then.
Pascoe Vs Beckum? We can make that call right now. Beckum will never be better than Pascoe at the TE position.

giantsfan420
08-16-2012, 11:08 PM
if anything, he def showed flashes, rare they may be, last season. and i think that will buy him this season as well. we were starting to find a nice little niche for him we were moving him around off and on the line...he actually took over pascoes role now that i think about it. well to an extent i guess, beckum was playing some h-back during that playoff run...

YATittle1962
08-16-2012, 11:16 PM
ive been preaching this for years. amen brother. I dont see what the giants see in him...especially now after an ACL tear.

I still cry with laughter every time I see that avi

jomo
08-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Pascoe Vs Beckum? We can make that call right now. Beckum will never be better than Pascoe at the TE position.That was easy, now go find us a starting left tackle! lol