PDA

View Full Version : Here is what my NON-GMEN Fans Nephews said......

miked1958
12-12-2011, 09:19 AM
and you know... they actually have a point when i thought about it considering how the Elite teams, Pats, GB, Saints all have no D.</P>

So.....My Nephews. Joey a Cowboys fan and Kage a Pats fan both said in texts to me last night (and they were not even together) that if the Giants just had a AVERAGE DEFENSE they would be SERIOUS CONTENDERS for another SB Title. And they both hate the Gmen.</P>

Thoughts..................</P>

Drez
12-12-2011, 09:34 AM
They're right.</P>

That is all.</P>

BlueReign
12-12-2011, 09:39 AM
and you know... they actually have a point when i thought about it considering how the Elite teams, Pats, GB, Saints all have no D.</p>

So.....My Nephews. Joey a Cowboys fan and Kage a Pats fan both said in texts to me last night (and they were not even together) that if the Giants just had a AVERAGE DEFENSE they would be SERIOUS CONTENDERS for another SB Title. And they both hate the Gmen.</p>

Thoughts..................</p>
We can score with the best of them. But the combination of our lack of quality LBs and terrible soft zone defenses DEMAND that we score 30+ on a weekly basis.

gumby742
12-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Absolutely correct. No excuse for our bunch of guys - even with injuries.. not to be at least average. Even 20th is fine. But dead last? Unacceptable. Our collective individual talent is up there with the best defense in the league.

GCGiant
12-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Was that some sort of "news" for you?

buddy33
12-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Absolutely correct.* No excuse for our bunch of guys - even with injuries.. not to be at least average.* Even 20th is fine.* But dead last?* Unacceptable.* Our collective individual talent is up there with the best defense in the league.

So injuries are no excuse? Then you say their collective talent is up there? See that's the problem, injuries have taken a lot of talent off the field and they are not dead last. Actually the Patriots are dead last with Green Bay being #31.

I've said a few times now that while the offense is playing great they need to take better advantage of what the defense does give them. I know they didn't play great last night, but on the fumble that put the Giants in the red zone they only got a field goal. After they forced a punt late in the game after a JPP sack they didn't move the ball much and punted.

The offense on the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay take better advantage of when their defenses do make plays. The Giants offense is playing great. Just need to take advantage better of when the defense does make a stop or TO.

miked1958
12-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Absolutely correct. No excuse for our bunch of guys - even with injuries.. not to be at least average. Even 20th is fine. But dead last? Unacceptable. Our collective individual talent is up there with the best defense in the league. So injuries are no excuse? Then you say their collective talent is up there? See that's the problem, injuries have taken a lot of talent off the field and they are not dead last. Actually the Patriots are dead last with Green Bay being #31. I've said a few times now that while the offense is playing great they need to take better advantage of what the defense does give them. I know they didn't play great last night, but on the fumble that put the Giants in the red zone they only got a field goal. After they forced a punt late in the game after a JPP sack they didn't move the ball much and punted. The offense on the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay take better advantage of when their defenses do make plays. The Giants offense is playing great. Just need to take advantage better of when the defense does make a stop or TO.</P>

Strange and numbers 31 and 32 on the list could play for the Super Bowl.. lol</P>

Redeyejedi
12-12-2011, 09:56 AM
and you know... they actually have a point when i thought about it considering how the Elite teams, Pats, GB, Saints all have no D.</p>

So.....My Nephews. Joey a Cowboys fan and Kage a Pats fan both said in texts to me last night (and they were not even together) that if the Giants just had a AVERAGE DEFENSE they would be SERIOUS CONTENDERS for another SB Title. And they both hate the Gmen.</p>

We can score with the best of them. But the combination of our lack of quality LBs and terrible soft zone defenses DEMAND that we score 30+ on a weekly basis.
The Giants were getting torched in Man coverage as well its not just zone.

miked1958
Was that some sort of "news" for you?</P>

No...its just sad that it seems something always stops us in years where there is a good chance to win it all.. Like the year plax shot himself. we had it... that changed everything.</P>

This year if we just had a bit better luck and didnt have so many guys go down with season ending Injuries, i really think we go all the way. It would have been the perfect amount of Offense and D if we had some of those guys still playing. </P>

Moss#83
Absolutely correct.* No excuse for our bunch of guys - even with injuries.. not to be at least average.* Even 20th is fine.* But dead last?* Unacceptable.* Our collective individual talent is up there with the best defense in the league.

So injuries are no excuse? Then you say their collective talent is up there? See that's the problem, injuries have taken a lot of talent off the field and they are not dead last. Actually the Patriots are dead last with Green Bay being #31.

I've said a few times now that while the offense is playing great they need to take better advantage of what the defense does give them. I know they didn't play great last night, but on the fumble that put the Giants in the red zone they only got a field goal. After they forced a punt late in the game after a JPP sack they didn't move the ball much and punted.

The offense on the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay take better advantage of when their defenses do make plays. The Giants offense is playing great. Just need to take advantage better of when the defense does make a stop or TO.Just stop. The defense sucks. 4 plays 80 yards? 2 plays 50 yards?

LMAO only 2 solid defenders on the Giants right now. JPP and Boley. The rest are pathetic.

Moss#83
12-12-2011, 09:57 AM

The offense on the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay take better advantage of when their defenses do make plays. The Giants offense is playing great. Just need to take advantage better of when the defense does make a stop or TO.Just stop. The defense sucks. 4 plays 80 yards? 2 plays 50 yards?

LMAO only 2 solid defenders on the Giants right now. JPP and Boley. The rest are pathetic.

GameTime
12-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Absolutely correct. No excuse for our bunch of guys - even with injuries.. not to be at least average. Even 20th is fine. But dead last? Unacceptable. Our collective individual talent is up there with the best defense in the league. So injuries are no excuse? Then you say their collective talent is up there? See that's the problem, injuries have taken a lot of talent off the field and they are not dead last. Actually the Patriots are dead last with Green Bay being #31. I've said a few times now that while the offense is playing great they need to take better advantage of what the defense does give them. I know they didn't play great last night, but on the fumble that put the Giants in the red zone they only got a field goal. After they forced a punt late in the game after a JPP sack they didn't move the ball much and punted. The offense on the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay take better advantage of when their defenses do make plays. The Giants offense is playing great. Just need to take advantage better of when the defense does make a stop or TO.</P>

the O put up 37 points!!! I hear what you are saying but the big picture is the D sucks. Aside from JPP and 2 or 3 other players they cant tackle and they couldn't cover reciever with a broken leg who tripped during his route. I understand injuries but to be dead last and to have the breakdowns they have is just a joke. The big plays are coming on blown assigmnets and blown communication. It happens to all defenses but with the Giants its a few a game. Is that a lack of talent??? Or is it these guys dont trust each other to do their job and are often out of position because they think they have to compensate....</P>

</P>

BlueReign
12-12-2011, 09:58 AM

The Giants were getting torched in Man coverage as well its not just zone.
Ross was, and prince only got beat once in man. The big play on Prince was in quarters D

G-Man67
12-12-2011, 09:59 AM
i still think the defence can get it together ... i think games like last nite are just so typical ... there is very little talent difference between all the teams

Robert21156
12-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Yes, the Patriots are last in YPG allowed and Green Bay is next to last. GMen are 30th. HOWEVER, the Patriots and Packers are in the middle of the pack in points allowed, giving up 71 and 75 fewer points than our Giants. Add it all up and we truly are one of the 3 or 4 worst defenses in the league. It's an absolute miracle that we won last night. Give the Cowboys 25 seconds more and they'd probably be standing in the end zone.

jints1964
12-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Poor all around D play with flashes of what could be great play. We've seen QBs trying to find open receivers but our coverage was great but the D line couldn't sack the guy. Other times the line puts great pressure with blitz packages and their receiver catches a short slant on 3rd and 8 and goes for 15yds. You can almost feel a 3rd down conversion coming when its 3rd and 4. Giant fans are use to good D and some years it was flat out great D. I think thats why we feel even worse than pat fans. They just love their O . In some previous games the LBs and Secondary were still trying to communicate assignments while the ball was being snapped.

hungrrrry
12-12-2011, 10:46 AM
and you know... they actually have a point when i thought about it considering how the Elite teams, Pats, GB, Saints all have no D.</P>

So.....My Nephews. Joey a Cowboys fan and Kage a Pats fan both said in texts to me last night (and they were not even together) that if the Giants just had a AVERAGE DEFENSE they would be SERIOUS CONTENDERS for another SB Title. And they both hate the Gmen.</P>

</P>

I agree but I feel it isn't an effect of the players ability to shut them down as it is an effect of the scheme. Fewell thinks he has players that suit a zone defense...read and react. These guys were built on the idea that we would send 4 or five at the QB and play man coverage. If we did that consistantly we would dominate the league. We don't play the run because eveyone thinks every play is a pass play.</P>

JJC7301
12-12-2011, 11:14 AM

</P>

You have smart nephews.</P>

giantsforce
12-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Yes, the Patriots are last in YPG allowed and Green Bay is next to last. GMen are 30th. HOWEVER, the Patriots and Packers are in the middle of the pack in points allowed, giving up 71 and 75 fewer points than our Giants. Add it all up and we truly are one of the 3 or 4 worst defenses in the league. It's an absolute miracle that we won last night. Give the Cowboys 25 seconds more and they'd probably be standing in the end zone.Does the fact that both GB and the Pats have better coaching staff than us has anything to do with it?
You are absolutely correct! 25 more second and Austin would be walking in tho the end zone and he would have deprived us from the pleasure of seeing Jerry's sad face after the loss!

buddy33
12-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Absolutely correct.* No excuse for our bunch of guys - even with injuries.. not to be at least average.* Even 20th is fine.* But dead last?* Unacceptable.* Our collective individual talent is up there with the best defense in the league. So injuries are no excuse? Then you say their collective talent is up there? See that's the problem, injuries have taken a lot of talent off the field and they are not dead last. Actually the Patriots are dead last with Green Bay being #31. I've said a few times now that while the offense is playing great they need to take better advantage of what the defense does give them. I know they didn't play great last night, but on the fumble that put the Giants in the red zone they only got a field goal. After they forced a punt late in the game after a JPP sack they didn't move the ball much and punted. The offense on the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay take better advantage of when their defenses do make plays. The Giants offense is playing great. Just need to take advantage better of when the defense does make a stop or TO.</P>

the O put up 37 points!!! I hear what you are saying but the big picture is the D sucks. Aside from JPP and 2 or 3 other players they cant tackle and they couldn't cover reciever with a broken leg who tripped during his route. I understand injuries but to be dead last and to have the breakdowns they have is just a joke. The big plays are coming on blown assigmnets and blown communication. It happens to all defenses but with the Giants its a few a game. Is that a lack of talent??? Or is it these guys dont trust each other to do their job and are often out of position because they think they have to compensate....</P>

*</P>

Again, the offense is playing great, but I would like to see how the defense plays if the offense gets those 8 points when they where in the red zone last night.

What I'm saying is that 37 points is great, but what if they had them earlier? Could that help the defense out? If they had a bigger lead to work with could they make a team one dimentional and allow the secondary extra man to defend?

That's how I see the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay. They take advantage of when the defense does actually make a play and gets them a lead to change the way teams play.

GCGiant
12-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Again, the offense is playing great, but I would like to see how the defense plays if the offense gets those 8 points when they where in the red zone last night. What I'm saying is that 37 points is great, but what if they had them earlier? Could that help the defense out? If they had a bigger lead to work with could they make a team one dimentional and allow the secondary extra man to defend? That's how I see the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay. They take advantage of when the defense does actually make a play and gets them a lead to change the way teams play.</P>

C'mon, man!</P>

GameTime
12-12-2011, 11:55 AM

</P>

Again, the offense is playing great, but I would like to see how the defense plays if the offense gets those 8 points when they where in the red zone last night. What I'm saying is that 37 points is great, but what if they had them earlier? Could that help the defense out? If they had a bigger lead to work with could they make a team one dimentional and allow the secondary extra man to defend? That's how I see the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay. They take advantage of when the defense does actually make a play and gets them a lead to change the way teams play.</P>

I understand what you are saying but the Giants D issues go way beyond game situations and how much lead they have to play with. Besides the defenses' biggest reason for playing with no lead is because "of" the defense.....most times.</P>

They lack chemistry and communication. Bottom line is the D stinks no matter what the offense does or doesnt do. </P>

Drez
12-12-2011, 12:01 PM

</P>

I understand what you are saying but the Giants D issues go way beyond game situations and how much lead they have to play with. Besides the defenses' biggest reason for playing with no lead is because "of" the defense.....most times.</P>

They lack chemistry and communication. Bottom line is the D stinks no matter what the offense does or doesnt do. </P>

</P>

You must remember, no matter how many 80 yard drives for TDs the defense gives up, if the offense does not score touchdowns on every possesion they are abject failures.</P>

buddy33
12-12-2011, 12:18 PM
I get what you guys are saying. My point is that the offense can score two TD's in 4 minutes on long drives but can't score a TD when they have 1st and goal. Also, as bad as the defense has been the last 3 games, there where times they manage to force a punt but the offense was unable to do anything with it. I understand hey can't score every time, just saying that while 37 points is great it might have made a difference if they had that by early in the 4th instead of needing 2 TD's in like 4-5 minutes.

Also, why do some act so surprised? They have way to many injuries to be a good defense. Without injuries their #2 CB might hav been cut in the summer. That is how bad they are with injuries.