PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs still saying good things about the Giants

BeatYale
08-16-2012, 04:55 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19804484/jacobs-never-at-a-loss-for-words-when-it-comes-to-talking-about-49ers-jets-and-more

Sorry if this was posted already.

Here's the Giants bit:

Q: Any thoughts about your former head coach, Tom Coughlin?

Jacobs: "He and [Harbaugh] just have different temperaments, just a different way of coaching. But I miss the old dude. I can tell you that, and definitely mean it. I miss the old dude. But I am extremely happy where I am now."

jomo
08-16-2012, 05:46 PM
...........and we are still saying good things about Jacobs.

Captain Chaos
08-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Two superbowl rings probably keep those warm feelings foing for a while....

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Jacobs is without a doubt a CLASS act! even with his shenanagins He does wear his heart on his sleeve. With that said, He speaks volumes for OUR organization! Good deal. Love him for all he did for us both physically and mentally!!!! Go ahead and say something different. cricket* cricket* . He was our modern day Strahan as far as pumping this team up! Now who will fill his shoes???????

btbrennan
08-16-2012, 10:07 PM
He'll be back.

derekunion28
08-16-2012, 10:42 PM
i wish,,,,wAS MY FAV

rainierjef
08-16-2012, 10:58 PM
...........and we are still saying good things about Jacobs.
not most fans jomo. lol

TheAnalyst
08-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Love me some BJ!

rainierjef
08-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Love me some BJ!

nhpgiantsfan
08-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Jacobs was a good dude, and was really great taking AB under his wing right from the start. I really wish him much success with the 49'ers, just not against us. But knowing Jacobs and how he plays when he is extra motivated, he will probably have his best game against us.

NWKEffectElement
08-17-2012, 12:20 AM
He most likely misses the priority TC gave the vets in training camp. Poor guy has to work his butt off for PT this season.

timmytimm3
08-17-2012, 07:35 AM
I hope he signs a 1 day deal and retires a Giant. Thanks for sacrificing your body and helping us get two rings.

Jahh
08-17-2012, 07:47 AM
He'll be back.

Yeah, I don't think so.

Toadofsteel
08-17-2012, 09:06 AM
From what I've heard, Jacobs has done enough in the first preseason game alone to make the team. It's actually scary to see what he can do when he gets actual run-blocking from the O-line. Also with his experience at playing twinkle-toes here in NY, he has gotten real good at making cuts when it's needed. He still has some of his old issues (i.e., he doesn't lower his shoulders), but he definitely looks improved over 2011.

GameTime
08-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Jacobs was cool and good Giant. I dont see him doing markedly better or worse for the Niners.

TheAnalyst
08-17-2012, 09:40 AM
He is going to look much better this year. Reason? His new oline. Our oline is garbage compared to what he has now. They love running the ball there. Here, we gave up running for passing. Jacobs is going to get big holes to run though in SF as opposed to here where he had to drag 3 defenders past the LOS most times.

Bee
08-17-2012, 09:47 AM
I like how he still refers to Coughlin as "Coach"

"The way they work when it comes down to games ... those divisional games ... coach [Coughlin] knows how to pull it off. But I left the NFC East; I'll worry about this division."

The CBS writer had to clarify in brackets. It's awesome to see how he still gets that respect, even though he's not his official coach anymore.

JB456
08-17-2012, 09:47 AM
He is going to look much better this year. Reason? His new oline. Our oline is garbage compared to what he has now. They love running the ball there. Here, we gave up running for passing. Jacobs is going to get big holes to run though in SF as opposed to here where he had to drag 3 defenders past the LOS most times.

I think he will look better than last year but not much better. I just don't see him getting that many touches with all the Backs they have over there.

Jacobs was a great Giant and I have the utmost respect for him but it was time to get younger and healthier at RB. I Really hope Willson pans out.

ponch inda face
08-17-2012, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=FIFTY6G-MAN;450234]Jacobs is without a doubt a CLASS act! even with his shenanagins He does wear his heart on his sleeve. With that said, He speaks volumes for OUR organization! Good deal. Love him for all he did for us both physically and mentally!!!! Go ahead and say something different. cricket* cricket* . He was our modern day Strahan as far as pumping this team up! Now who will fill his shoes???????[/QUOTE

It's funny, I was thinking the same thing when I heard he was leaving, but then I saw the SB videos and heard Tuck give his pregame speeches for the SB and a couple other playoff games (I think it was the 49er game). Some of the stuff he was saying made me want to kick my flat screen off the wall. When he was calling out the players circled around him as they get ready for the biggest game in their lives...

"I got a ring. Rocky, you don't have a ring, you don't know what it feels like. Linval, you don't have a ring you don't know what it feels like. Baas, you don't have a ring you don't know what it FEELS like!!! I'm telling you right now it's the best feeling in the world!!"

Seeing that on the video was cool especiall because Tuck comes off like the type to shy away from the rah rah stuff and has said in the past that he would rather lead by example than be vocal.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-17-2012, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=FIFTY6G-MAN;450234]Jacobs is without a doubt a CLASS act! even with his shenanagins He does wear his heart on his sleeve. With that said, He speaks volumes for OUR organization! Good deal. Love him for all he did for us both physically and mentally!!!! Go ahead and say something different. cricket* cricket* . He was our modern day Strahan as far as pumping this team up! Now who will fill his shoes???????[/QUOTE

It's funny, I was thinking the same thing when I heard he was leaving, but then I saw the SB videos and heard Tuck give his pregame speeches for the SB and a couple other playoff games (I think it was the 49er game). Some of the stuff he was saying made me want to kick my flat screen off the wall. When he was calling out the players circled around him as they get ready for the biggest game in their lives...

"I got a ring. Rocky, you don't have a ring, you don't know what it feels like. Linval, you don't have a ring you don't know what it feels like. Baas, you don't have a ring you don't know what it FEELS like!!! I'm telling you right now it's the best feeling in the world!!"

Seeing that on the video was cool especiall because Tuck comes off like the type to shy away from the rah rah stuff and has said in the past that he would rather lead by example than be vocal.You are right. Tuck doesnt say things often, but when he does LOOK OUT! "Speak softly, Carry a big stick"!

njg85m
08-17-2012, 11:29 AM
He'll be back.

He will, at the very least, retire as a Giant. Same as we did for Tyree and Toomer. That I am sure of.

nycisgreat
08-17-2012, 01:32 PM
BJ is the man. The Giants will miss his passion.

BigBlue1971
08-17-2012, 01:59 PM
the guy obviously wanted to stay with the Giants cuz he is a true Giant. i mean you just dont get two sb rings with any team that comes along.

i hope he does eventually come and finish his career with the G-Men.