PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys game, then Afghanistan!

ArmyJintsGuy
08-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Here I was excited about the season ahead, when low and behold I came down on to deploy in Sep (Active Army soldier). The deployment doesnt phase me, leaving my kids and missing the Giants season is what did. Hopefully I am put on a FOB (Forward Operating Base) with some tv or internet access to be able to catch a game here and there. But every cloud has a silver lining.....my awesome girlfriend went out and bought tickets for the season opener!! Section 108 row 8!!!! She knew I was bummed about missing the season and the game was my going away present...top top it off she also got me an Eli Manning ELITE jersey....I am so pumped. Can't wait to drive up from Virginia for the game!! ....a week after the gamer then off to Afghanistan. But at least I get to watch a game live this season...GO BIG BLUE!!! (oh and ironically she is from Texas)...go figure..lol

rainierjef
08-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Where they sending you. i almost got sent to kandahar but im a code 4 for dental/oral suergery and the air force desn't not like losing its money. i have some army buddies in the sand box now, you should be able to catch some games with AFN or you can get game rewind from nfl.com hopeful you get that shared ****ty internet so you can catch some stuff.
make friends with some chair..air force guys we got air condioning :)

good luck
be safe
come home

Die-Hard
08-16-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm glad you'll be able to get a game in. Best of luck over there, and thank you for serving!

RoanokeFan
08-16-2012, 05:13 PM
We appreciate your service and wish you God's speed.

ArmyJintsGuy
08-16-2012, 05:15 PM
The unit I am going with is splitting up into 5 different place (I am in a Combat Support Hospital) So not really sure. Yeah I heard Kandahar is like being on a
regular base almost with lots of comforts. Then again Air Force runs it and you guys always have the best set ups..lol. Sorry to hear you couldnt roll out, thanks for the well wishes bro!

Snappinnecks
08-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks for your service! Be safe!

jomo
08-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Thank you for keeping us secure over here.
You wouldn't be the first to stay in touch on these boards while in theatre.
We'd love to continue hearing from you.
Be safe!
Go Blue!

Tuckit91
08-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Good luck and be safe and thanks for your service...Got a lot of family that has served or are still in and some that are over there now.

DownWitJPP
08-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Thanks for your service, and good luck over there. Glad you are going to a game before you deploy

Captain Chaos
08-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Good luck and maybe the G-men will give you something to cheer about when you're over there.

Spytheweb
08-16-2012, 10:00 PM
The unit I am going with is splitting up into 5 different place (I am in a Combat Support Hospital) So not really sure. Yeah I heard Kandahar is like being on a
regular base almost with lots of comforts. Then again Air Force runs it and you guys always have the best set ups..lol. Sorry to hear you couldnt roll out, thanks for the well wishes bro!

My son just left kandahar on July 10th. He worked in a hospital unit there. He's AF but the unit was Navy. He said it was pretty messed up. Guys coming in injured that you never hear about on the news. I told him, never go off base. He's glad to be home, Eglin AFB.

Good Luck.

nhpgiantsfan
08-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Here I was excited about the season ahead, when low and behold I came down on to deploy in Sep (Active Army soldier). The deployment doesnt phase me, leaving my kids and missing the Giants season is what did. Hopefully I am put on a FOB (Forward Operating Base) with some tv or internet access to be able to catch a game here and there. But every cloud has a silver lining.....my awesome girlfriend went out and bought tickets for the season opener!! Section 108 row 8!!!! She knew I was bummed about missing the season and the game was my going away present...top top it off she also got me an Eli Manning ELITE jersey....I am so pumped. Can't wait to drive up from Virginia for the game!! ....a week after the gamer then off to Afghanistan. But at least I get to watch a game live this season...GO BIG BLUE!!! (oh and ironically she is from Texas)...go figure..lol

Your post puts alot into perspective. AS we all sit in our cool, safe, air conditioned homes bickering back and forth about whou should be the 7th LB that makes the team, you remind us that there are more important things in life. I hope the G-Men give you a great send off, and may God be with you and your brothers while you're away serving our country. Thanks man!

Carter.525
08-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Thank you for your service, come home safe.. GO BIG BLUE !

NYG4lifeNYK
08-16-2012, 10:31 PM
God bless you man, have fun at the Dallas game and enjoy watching Big Blue kick some Cowgirl ***!!!

Come home safe brother

derekunion28
08-16-2012, 10:34 PM
god blesss you and thanks.....come home safe

nygfan90
08-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Have fun at the game man! Hopefully we win for you. Be safe over there and thank you so much for your sacrifices!

G-Men Surg.
08-17-2012, 02:15 AM
Be strong and dont do anything stupid, good bless you bro and come home safe !

Toadofsteel
08-17-2012, 02:31 AM
Thank you for your service, and stay safe out there!

giantyankee1976
08-17-2012, 06:18 AM
Thank You for your service...God Bless you.

(19K '02-'06)

firstgamein49
08-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Good luck and maybe the G-men will give you something to cheer about when you're over there.
Thank you for your service! Awesome girlfriends help out a lot when you're "over there'" and it sounds like you've got one! Stay safe, and come home well! While away, root for Big Blue! Prayin' for you and all the other men and women serving us, I am first game in 49!

GameTime
08-17-2012, 09:10 AM
thank you for what you are doing and all the service people. Be safe.

GeoGoGo
08-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Enjoy the game! Thank you for keeping us safe. Becareful out there. God bless and God speed!

BillTheGreek
08-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Good Luck and stay Safe ! God Bless You. Maybe you will be home to see the Giants win another Super Bowl !

BigBlue1971
08-17-2012, 01:49 PM
thanks for your service to our country and good luck to you in Afghanistan!

Go Giants!

jhostetler
08-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Do not sweat it bro - KAF has all the amenities, 5 different country d-facs, restaurants like TGIF, all the fast food joints, green beans coffee everywhere, hockey rink, soccer field, basketball courts everywhere, you get to live in a CHU (container Housing Unit) - heaven forbid the POGS suffer a little hardship - me on the other hand, as an 11B, is stuck in the horn of Panjwai where I can only follow the games here on the game day thread - good luck at candy land

Shockeystays08
08-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Thanks for your service. Be safe stay smart. Enjoy the game!

zimonami
08-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Thank you for serving . We'll look for your safe return. Enjoy thee game

krygny
08-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Take care of yourself.

Muzzle-cover every Afgahn cop or soldier you see.

ArmyJintsGuy
08-22-2012, 10:54 PM
I want to thank everyone for the well wishes and prayers. Means alot to know there are people that people that dont get caught up in the politics of what we are doing over there. The important part of it all are the fathers, brothers sisters and mothers and sons that are out there thankful for all of the support. Thanks guys! Cant wait till game day (tickets came in the other day) along with the Eli Manning Elite jersey (good quality, but seems a little stiff if you ask me).

ArmyJintsGuy
08-22-2012, 11:08 PM
http://boards.giants.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83&d=1345690971

ArmyJintsGuy
08-22-2012, 11:10 PM
http://boards.giants.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=82&d=1345690803