PDA

View Full Version : NFL redzone

nygmen90
08-17-2012, 12:00 AM
anyone here who has it....how do you like it? and how much will it be costing for optimum customers if someone could let me know

DVision
08-17-2012, 12:53 AM
Optimum's press release say's it's included in the iO Sports & Entertainment Pak. That comes with the Gold Package otherwise it's $6.95 a month.

GoDeep80
08-17-2012, 02:02 AM
I had it for a year (for free) OMG it's so awesome! It's like watching everygame at the same time, YOU DON"T MISS A THING, I'm planning on getting it back because it's great for thos days when the Giants have a late game or bye week. 1000% Recommend.

nygmen90
08-17-2012, 02:07 AM
I had it for a year (for free) OMG it's so awesome! It's like watching everygame at the same time, YOU DON"T MISS A THING, I'm planning on getting it back because it's great for thos days when the Giants have a late game or bye week. 1000% Recommend.

you think its worth 7 a month?

@Dvision do you think it would be better to upgrade my silver to gold or buy the package and when the season is over and repeat if i can even do that

ryan12
08-17-2012, 09:51 AM
love nfl red zone its great

SackingMyths
08-17-2012, 11:05 AM

@Dvision do you think it would be better to upgrade my silver to gold or buy the package and when the season is over and repeat if i can even do that

If you do fantasy football...NFL Red Zone is a MUST HAVE.

If you don't do fantasy football, but you're an NFL junkie...NFL Red Zone is a MUST HAVE

On days when games being televised in your local area are light (or the one you're watching is at halftime), Red Zone is more than worth its weight in gold. It hops around all day Sunday from game-to-game WITH NO COMMERCIAL INTERRUPTION.

Every time a team approaches the red zone, they go Live to the action and stay until they score (or change possessions). If a team from another game scores in the meantime OR is getting closer to the end zone than the one you're currently watching, they go Live to that one. AND if there are "Two" teams threatening to score, they go Split-Screen. Even if you miss one, they'll re-play it immediately after. If you kept it on all day, you'd literally see every TD and FG from every team.

Most Sundays, I just watch Big Blue, Red Zone, and then SNF. Especially when you're being force-fed the Jets putrid offense this year, you'll be glad you have much better option to turn to.

I can't possibly imagine you regretting shelling out your $7/mo. I'd say talk to your cable company and find out the best deal for it. It's literally only on on Sundays, and then once the season's over, it's gone 'til Sept. Enjoy!

jomo
08-17-2012, 11:21 AM
It is really good and I haven't had it until now because I am a Cablevision customer. However, during halftime of all the games at GIANTS Stadium, I am out by the concessions watching the Red Zone intently with a boat load of other fans.

DVision
08-17-2012, 01:10 PM

I have the silver package and think I'm just going to pay the $7 a month. The sports Pak also includes NBA TV and the NHL Network. If I like those I'll keep it all year, if not I'll cancel the Pak after the football season. I spend almost $7 a day on coffee. Lol.

nygmen90
08-17-2012, 01:12 PM
I have the silver package and think I'm just going to pay the $7 a month. The sports Pak also includes NBA TV and the NHL Network. If I like those I'll keep it all year, if not I'll cancel the Pak after the football season. I spend almost $7 a day on coffee. Lol.

what about nfl network? does the package include that because right now I dont have it

DVision
08-17-2012, 01:22 PM
what about nfl network? does the package include that because right now I dont have it

Yeah NFL Network is included in the Silver. The io Sports Pak is only necessary if you want the Redzone Channel. I'm watching it now on channel 150, although when I check the guide or hit the INFO button it says "No data available"

nhpgiantsfan
08-17-2012, 01:24 PM
If you are into fantasy football, the Redzone channel is a dream come true. Watch every scoring play all day.

nygmen90
08-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah NFL Network is included in the Silver. The io Sports Pak is only necessary if you want the Redzone Channel. I'm watching it now on channel 150, although when I check the guide or hit the INFO button it says "No data available"

when I go to 150, its not working and I know I have silver...very odd

DVision
08-17-2012, 01:44 PM
when I go to 150, its not working and I know I have silver...very odd

That is strange. I've had it all morning. Last night I couldn't even tune to 150. In fact the only channel I had in the 150's was 158. I'd just keep checking. If you have the Silver Package I'm sure it will be on sometime today. If it doesn't come on today, I'd give them a call. By the way, I'm in North Jersey, so that may have something to do with it.

nygmen90
08-17-2012, 01:46 PM
That is strange. I've had it all morning. Last night I couldn't even tune to 150. In fact the only channel I had in the 150's was 158. I'd just keep checking. If you have the Silver Package I'm sure it will be on sometime today. If it doesn't come on today, I'd give them a call. By the way, I'm in North Jersey, so that may have something to do with it.

when I go to 150 it shows a black screen with a blue box that says, "not authorized to order nflhd service on channel 150, please call [866]483-4448"
wish i just had it

DVision
08-17-2012, 01:53 PM
when I go to 150 it shows a black screen with a blue box that says, "not authorized to order nflhd service on channel 150, please call [866]483-4448"
wish i just had it

You should call the number and ask them what the delay is. I never had that screen and the fact that it acknowledges that 150 is NFLHD makes me think that it is available and for some reason your just not getting it.

nygmen90
08-17-2012, 02:06 PM
You should call the number and ask them what the delay is. I never had that screen and the fact that it acknowledges that 150 is NFLHD makes me think that it is available and for some reason your just not getting it.
called, all i got was a recording

titwio
08-17-2012, 03:23 PM
called, all i got was a recording

I had the same problem this morning. I called them yesterday and they said I would have the channel...woke up this morning and I didn't...called them back and they made me get the Sports-pak for an additional $6.95 a month. They told me one thing one day and another the next...really pissed me off but I have the channel now.

Don't even know if the Sports-Pak includes Redzone or not. I was too anxious to get off the phone with the operator because she was annoying and wasn't listening to anything I was trying to tell her about my previous conversation I had with them in which I didn't have to buy anything additional.

nygmen90
08-17-2012, 03:26 PM
I had the same problem this morning. I called them yesterday and they said I would have the channel...woke up this morning and I didn't...called them back and they made me get the Sports-pak for an additional $6.95 a month. They told me one thing one day and another the next...really pissed me off but I have the channel now.

Don't even know if the Sports-Pak includes Redzone or not. I was too anxious to get off the phone with the operator because she was annoying and wasn't listening to anything I was trying to tell her about my previous conversation I had with them.

redzone comes with that...i called a different number and got through to a person and they wanted me to buy the pak...i might spring for it

titwio
08-17-2012, 03:33 PM
redzone comes with that...i called a different number and got through to a person and they wanted me to buy the pak...i might spring for it

Do you know what channel Redzone is?

nygmen90
08-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Do you know what channel Redzone is?

its only on sundays and im not sure maybe 151 lol

titwio
08-17-2012, 03:54 PM
its only on sundays and im not sure maybe 151 lol

Thanks....

DVision
08-17-2012, 06:43 PM

Don't even know if the Sports-Pak includes Redzone or not. I was too anxious to get off the phone with the operator because she was annoying and wasn't listening to anything I was trying to tell her about my previous conversation I had with them in which I didn't have to buy anything additional.

Do you have the Silver Package? If so that's strange because I don't have the Sports-Pak and I get the NFL Network. I also get ESPNU and ESPN Classic which are offered in the Pak, but none of the other channels.

titwio
08-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Do you have the Silver Package? If so that's strange because I don't have the Sports-Pak and I get the NFL Network. I also get ESPNU and ESPN Classic which are offered in the Pak, but none of the other channels.

One day they told me I had the preferred package...next day they told me I had the family package. I tried telling the lady but she wasn't hearing it.

Before I ordered it I had all the ESPN's minus the Classic. Anyway I'm not sure how they run business there...almost seemed like they tricked me into ordering the Sports-Pak when all I wanted was NFLN.

Oh well...lol

miked1958
08-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Optimum's press release say's it's included in the iO Sports & Entertainment Pak. That comes with the Gold Package otherwise it's $6.95 a month.I got it though mediacom cable. I bought the NFL Network Sports and info Pak for $7.95 a month. With that they gave an option to get Redzone for $45 for the entire season. Which I gladly took.