PDA

View Full Version : Giants sign DT Thomas

rainierjef
08-17-2012, 12:10 AM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/giants-sign-ex-broncos-dt-marcus-thomas-1.3910372

don't know much about this guy, all i want to know is how much did jerry spend on him.

TheEnigma
08-17-2012, 12:50 AM
Probably not as much as he was originally seeking from the Broncos. Has he even talked to any other teams since then?

ELIte4MVP
08-17-2012, 02:16 PM
it doesn't matter how much he spent, cause it's a one year deal. so as long as he fit under the cap this year, and we don't need to buy any expensive players during the season, we're fine

jomo
08-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Now we need to sign 2 NFL grade OL, one of them a starting left tackle.

rainierjef
08-17-2012, 02:48 PM
it doesn't matter how much he spent, cause it's a one year deal. so as long as he fit under the cap this year, and we don't need to buy any expensive players during the season, we're fine
is it a one year deal?
has the terms of the deal been released yet?

JB456
08-17-2012, 04:02 PM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/giants-sign-ex-broncos-dt-marcus-thomas-1.3910372

don't know much about this guy, all i want to know is how much did jerry spend on him.

This actually looks like a pretty good pickup. He had 43 tackles (29 solo) in only 12 games last year. Check out his stats on the link below.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8207/marcus-thomas

ELIte4MVP
08-17-2012, 04:38 PM
is it a one year deal?
has the terms of the deal been released yet?

i saw a few credible giants writers tweet that it was one year, but i do not think the terms have been released other than that. ill see what i can dig up

EDIT: nothing about terms, but various sources say it is one year

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson
Sources: DT Marcus Thomas is walking right now to sign his 1-year deal with the New York #Giants.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
DT Marcus Thomas signs a one-year deal with the Giants, per source. #nyg

Dline83
08-17-2012, 06:09 PM
I like the signing, good value for a role player

BlueMetal 40
08-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Does anyone know why he was still available at this time of the preseason? You could reason that if he was a half decent DT, he would have been in somebody's camp, unless he didn't want to go through camp and sign after the fact......

DownWitJPP
08-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Does anyone know why he was still available at this time of the preseason? You could reason that if he was a half decent DT, he would have been in somebody's camp, unless he didn't want to go through camp and sign after the fact......

he is a decent DT and Denver wanted to keep him. I heard he was asking for too much money and it back fired on him

Captain Chaos
08-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Well a one year deal, he will be looking to make a big impression for next years free agency.

RagTime Blue
08-17-2012, 08:40 PM
I don't know about the numbers, but hope it leaves some flexibility for potential future signings.

As far as OT, I'm not quite as worried. Yea Diehl isn't very good, but he won't lose the game by himself. And if he's THAT bad, we have Locklear. Also, we drafted TWO OT's this year. . .one of them has got to be able to play. . .RIGHT???