PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Beatty lands 'back on the shelf' - Injury Problems Linger

JB456
08-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Can we please get some good news regarding the Giants offensive line? I guess the turnstyle de Diehl will be back in action at LT.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/beatty_lands_back_on_shelf_oAtMt6c1fAOcDSt16cyr6O? utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Giants

GameTime
08-17-2012, 09:50 AM
bummer....hopefully they can get whatever is bothering his sciatic nerve. Kids gotta stay healthy.....

TheAnalyst
08-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Well it looks like another 5k yards for Eli this year, cause wr won't be able to run anywhere, again. That is, if Eli stays healthy with all the hits he is going to take.

jomo
08-17-2012, 10:19 AM
bummer....hopefully they can get whatever is bothering his sciatic nerve. Kids gotta stay healthy.....Somehow, JR has to find 2 OL, one of whom can start for us when cut down day comes. That is a tall order.

talbot
08-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Well it looks like another 5k yards for Eli this year, cause wr won't be able to run anywhere, again. That is, if Eli stays healthy with all the hits he is going to take.

Beatty isn't that good in run blocking. He's better at pass protection. Gilbride usually calls runs to the right side anyways.

Toadofsteel
08-17-2012, 10:34 AM
How about Locklear at LT and Diehl at RT? Or is Locklear RT only?

ryan12
08-17-2012, 10:36 AM
beatty is a fragile piece of ****

jomo
08-17-2012, 10:41 AM
How about Locklear at LT and Diehl at RT? Or is Locklear RT only?Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade!

giantsfan420
08-17-2012, 11:44 AM
we will check post cuts for any T out there...

dang beatty is in some trouble, the sciatic nerve can be a huge issue. dammit

JB456
08-17-2012, 12:11 PM

Yup. All the weapons in the world won't make a difference if your engine breaks (Eli). I know Eli is an ironman but how many devistating hits can he take before he knocked out? Diehl better step it up or Eli will be picking more grass out of his helmit this year.

DemandedAce
08-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Yup. All the weapons in the world won't make a difference if your engine breaks (Eli). I know Eli is an ironman but how many devistating hits can he take before he knocked out? Diehl better step it up or Eli will be picking more grass out of his helmit this year.

I don't care who you are, that throw in the NFC Title game where he got obliterated and still completed the pass looking like he got run over by a truck was one of the sweetest plays ever

jomo
08-17-2012, 01:36 PM
We don't even know if this guy is a first rate NFL LT when healthy. We need replacements quickly.

Eli TO Shockey
08-17-2012, 01:59 PM
We don't even know if this guy is a first rate NFL LT when healthy. We need replacements quickly.

didnt boothe play some tackle last year?

jomo
08-17-2012, 02:07 PM
didnt boothe play some tackle last year?Maybe or was that center when Baas was down? I do know he has played some credible center for us when called upon.

Eli TO Shockey
08-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Maybe or was that center when Baas was down? I do know he has played some credible center for us when called upon.

Im a big fan of petrus..so if beatty is down for a long period of time...here is what I was thinking

LT - Boothe
LG- Petrus
C - Baas
RG - Snee
RT - Deihl

Im pretty sure Boothe played some tackle last year and did a decent job.

repeatchamps
08-17-2012, 02:10 PM
How about Locklear at LT and Diehl at RT? Or is Locklear RT only?

Locklear at LT and Diehl at RT is what was done in the Jags preseason game and I have no reason to believe that this will be changing any time soon. The Giants know the Pro-Football Focus numbers even better than we do. Diehl is playing RT, he's practicing there and I see no reason to move him back to LT any time soon.

JB456
08-17-2012, 03:07 PM
I don't care who you are, that throw in the NFC Title game where he got obliterated and still completed the pass looking like he got run over by a truck was one of the sweetest plays ever

I loved that game and that play but that wasn't what I was getting at. I'm saying that no human can absorb those type of hits and expect to play a full season. Something needs to be done and it needs to be done quick.

rainierjef
08-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Who was it that said LT is not a desired position in the nfl anymore if you have a great QB that can feel pressures smfh.

bigjeep
08-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Do I need to bring back the "who will crack first" post?

jomo
08-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Do I need to bring back the "who will crack first" post?lol...........................

rainierjef
08-17-2012, 04:21 PM
you might need to....
this is serious business

gumby74
08-17-2012, 04:27 PM

Go for it. There was some good stuff in that thread. Haha

Cool Papa B.
08-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Im a big fan of petrus..so if beatty is down for a long period of time...here is what I was thinking

LT - Boothe
LG- Petrus
C - Baas
RG - Snee
RT - Deihl

Im pretty sure Boothe played some tackle last year and did a decent job.

Boothe didn't play Tackle last year. He moved to Center when Baas got hurt and Petrus played RT. they both did a really good job in those positions adding a lot a muscle and push in those spots.

I'm like this close to giving up on Beatty! He can't stay healthy long enough for me to judge whether or not he is a good or very good LT. IMO it's time Reese get a permanent solution to that spot. Relying on Beatty is like chewing with a loose tooth right now. :(

jomo
08-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Boothe didn't play Tackle last year. He moved to Center when Baas got hurt and Petrus played RT. they both did a really good job in those positions adding a lot a muscle and push in those spots.

I'm like this close to giving up on Beatty! He can't stay healthy long enough for me to judge whether or not he is a good or very good LT. IMO it's time Reese get a permanent solution to that spot. Relying on Beatty is like chewing with a loose tooth right now. :(.....as defending SB champs he has to look at it that way.

GMENAGAIN
08-17-2012, 05:48 PM

I'm like this close to giving up on Beatty! He can't stay healthy long enough for me to judge whether or not he is a good or very good LT. IMO it's time Reese get a permanent solution to that spot. Relying on Beatty is like chewing with a loose tooth right now. :(

I am pretty sure that Petrus did not play RT last year.

Cool Papa B.
08-17-2012, 05:50 PM
I am pretty sure that Petrus did not play RT last year.

Oops...I meant RG.

jomo
08-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Oops...I meant RG.lol, I think it was LG. Didn't he go in for Boothe when Boothe slid in at center to replace Baas for a while?

giantsfan420
08-17-2012, 05:58 PM
sigh, looks like DD back to LT and Lockler at RT (or reversed)...

EJ Blue
08-17-2012, 05:58 PM
Maybe he needs a Bob-o-pedic.

TheEnigma
08-17-2012, 06:01 PM
The Bengals backup tackles are better than our starters. Seriously, we would of been better off getting Anthony Collins instead of Keith Rivers with that 5th we sent them. No offense to Rivers but we're really young and deep at LB. OT, not doing as hot...

giantsfan420
08-17-2012, 06:21 PM
jason smith has been benched in stl and hes a former top 3 pick...maybe we could try him out here...i think he took a huge pay cut

Captain Chaos
08-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Locklear will be the LT just like he was in the first preseason game, They are going to leave Double D at right....