PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Hendricks Looking Good

Dline83
08-17-2012, 05:55 PM
I was impressed last preseason watching Hendricks play and I was rooting for him to be a sleeper pick to make the 53 man roster, which did not happen and he was relegated to the practice squad. Last preseason he had 5 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble and several QB pressures. Now I realize that there has only been one preseason game so far but Hendricks looks much more polished this year and the kid has a motor that just doesn't stop. Look at the plays he made starting at 8:37 left in the second quarter against the Jags. First play stopped the runner for a loss, the very next defensive series at 2:40 in the second, on first down gets a good push on his blocker on second down he man handles #61 and gets a big hit on Henne, that one was impressive to me, on 3erd down he gets a face mask penalty called on the guy blocking him #61 again, fights through the face mask and gets a sack. With 14:30 in the 3erd he makes two stops in a row of the run, first one was a group tackle, and on the next play which was unfortunately a completion for about 30 yards to Thomas he gets another hit on the QB. He got taken out for a few snaps, came back in and on the first one back follows theQB on a rollout and knocks him out of bounds for a loss of three. The stat line for the first preseason game this year, 3 tackles (all solo, and they didn't count him in on any Ast tackles even though I thought he was in on at least two) and 2 sacks.

I also noticed that he gets up field following the runner or the pass and I really like how compact he gets in his stance. I think coupled with his skill set and the fact that Coughlin seems high on him that this might be his year to have a spot in the DT rotation. I understand that he was going against an undrafted rookie free agent some of the time but I was still happily impressed. Now, im not saying there isnt work to do, but i like what I see so far, I'm rooting for Hendricks!

nygmen90
08-17-2012, 05:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF15rgdVuYM&feature=g-all-u

f (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF15rgdVuYM&feature=g-all-u)or anyone who missed his performance....really like the guy who makes these vids

Dline83
08-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks that was a great little refresher, and time saver...I recorded the game and just spent a good amount of time watching all the plays again...

jomo
08-17-2012, 06:05 PM
I love what I've seen so far.

DownWitJPP
08-17-2012, 06:56 PM
just re-watched that vid and he sheds his blocks nicely, has a good bull rush, and goes hard on every play. Coughlin is also really high on him saying no one out works him. This kid might open up some peoples eyes.

dude looks pretty jacked for a DT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3lGOwDiLc&feature=related

TheEnigma
08-17-2012, 06:57 PM
I think he'll have a good game against the Jets as well. Other than Mangold and Ferguson, they don't have anyone else that's particularly awesome.

Captain Chaos
08-17-2012, 08:27 PM
He looked pretty solid, can't wait to see what he does this week!

RoanokeFan
08-17-2012, 08:45 PM
I love what I've seen so far.

As does your drinking buddy, Tom Coughlin

BigBlueAllDay
08-17-2012, 10:44 PM
He's got my vote so far... He'll only get better with further development.

TheAnalyst
08-17-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm liking Adrian Tracy, the A Train, a bunch too. I just made up that nickname yes.

derekunion28
08-18-2012, 03:20 PM
he looked good against jags butt gota see him go against 1st team to get to excited