PDA

View Full Version : Afraid to get too fired up!

trenken311
12-12-2011, 10:02 AM
The Skins arent a bad team, they could have beaten the Pats yesterday, plus it's a divisional game, we all know how those are no matter how bad either team is.

We lose that, with the Cowboys facing the Bucs, this could all easily come crashing down. Then we have to deal with the Jets, and then the Cowboys again who will be seriously pissed off over this loss? This road to the playoffs is far from a cake walk, especially with this awful D (aside from JPP), who are close to setting Giants records for being the worst D we've ever had, worse than Sheridan's.

Trying to remain positive, but not going to convince myself we are going to playoffs until we are actually in.

laihovalo9
12-12-2011, 10:08 AM
The Skins arent a bad team, they could have beaten the Pats yesterday, plus it's a divisional game, we all know how those are no matter how bad either team is.

We lose that, with the Cowboys facing the Bucs, this could all easily come crashing down. Then we have to deal with the Jets, and then the Cowboys again who will be seriously pissed off over this loss? This road to the playoffs is far from a cake walk, especially with this awful D (aside from JPP), who are close to setting Giants records for being the worst D we've ever had, <font size="5">worse than Sheridan's.</font>

Trying to remain positive, but not going to convince myself we are going to playoffs until we are actually in.

eh I wouldnt go that far. At least Fewell rushes the pass rushers and doesnt drop them into coverage which never made any sense to me. But yeah its a tough road ahead. Though to be honest it doesn't matter how well we do cause god already chose the broncos to win it all [:P]

trenken311
12-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Well the points they are giving up is just atrocious. It's really out of control to the point where noone seems to have much problem with throwing up 30 on us, so for us to win we need the O to be completely insane just for us to squeak by. It's not even possible for us to blow even the worst teams in the league out. Every game is a monumental struggle to win because of this D. How are we getting through the playoffs like that?

If this offense even just has a good game, not a great one, we can lose to almost anyone in this league.

Sorry Im just trying to stay grounded here. Hope for the best, expect the worst, just so Im not incredibly letdown if this doesnt work out.

G-Man67
12-12-2011, 10:15 AM
exactly, this team has not had one easy win all year ... it almost feels like you could just flip a coin for the next three ... i just hope the coin comes up heads vs. the Cowboys round 2

ny06
12-12-2011, 10:17 AM
The defense is a concern, other then JPP. </P>

It's week 14 and we still have players who don't know there assigments?</P>

Enjoy this win, it's been a month since we did. </P>

</P>

trenken311
12-12-2011, 10:19 AM
exactly, this team has not had one easy win all year ... it almost feels like you could just flip a coin for the next three ... i just hope the coin comes up heads vs. the Cowboys round 2

Yeah. You think the Jets will have any problem torching this defense? Hell no!

That was an awesome win last night. We needed it, no doubt, but it's just 1 step, there is a lot that needs to improve if we are actually going anywhere for real this year. This is not 07 where after that regular season Pats loss, we had an awesome D and rode that all the way to glory.

This D is total garbage, so it's entirely different. The Skins could put up 35 on us next week. Im not exaggerating one bit.

Giantsin04
12-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Go ahead and get fired up. Dallas is losing out. I said it two weeks ago. It was true then and its true now. Book it.

trenken311
12-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Go ahead and get fired up. Dallas is losing out. I said it two weeks ago. It was true then and its true now. Book it.

I refuse to do that. If this D looked a hell of a lot better than it does, I MIGHT start getting a little more confidence, but right now I just can't. Im seeing no signs they can shut anyone down. I can think of maybe 2 teams that couldnt score on us, Indy and KC, that's it, in the entire league.

Then you put us up against good teams look what happens, all of them are throwing up 30 every single week against us. It's crazy, and very scary.

SweetZombieJesus
12-12-2011, 10:33 AM
eh I wouldnt go that far. At least Fewell rushes the pass rushers and doesnt drop them into coverage which never made any sense to me. But yeah its a tough road ahead. Though to be honest it doesn't matter how well we do cause god already chose the broncos to win it all [:P]

They're on pace to give up 441 points (2nd worst in Giants history behind the '66 Giants who gave up 501). Worse than Sheridan's (427).

They've given up 131 points in the last 3 games.

trenken311
12-12-2011, 10:58 AM

They're on pace to give up 441 points (2nd worst in Giants history behind the '66 Giants who gave up 501). Worse than Sheridan's (427).

They've given up 131 points in the last 3 games.

My god, I didnt even realize it was 131 in 3 games. That is horrendous. Im sure anyone could understand why despite that win last night, Im a little hesitant to jump on any bandwagons just yet. Im a realist and have been a Giants fan for a long time, I know nothing is guaranteed, especially when your D cant stop anyone.