PDA

View Full Version : Justin Tuck Willing To Play Tackle...

Cool Papa B.
08-17-2012, 05:48 PM
"We’ll see. Obviously, I did both and I’ve had success doing both,” Tuck said Wednesday in Manhattan at an event where he helped try to set a Guinness World Record for most sandwiches created at once. “Wherever the team needs me to help us being successful, that’s what I’m willing to do.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/justin_says_needed_will_tuck_in_xeCnYRSyLGX4xdMs72 wQfP#ixzz23qIHcsXy

I love his attitude. Team first! Truely a Giant at heart.

It's not ideal, but I can see him doing it. What do you guys think

jomo
08-17-2012, 05:52 PM
"We’ll see. Obviously, I did both and I’ve had success doing both,” Tuck said Wednesday in Manhattan at an event where he helped try to set a Guinness World Record for most sandwiches created at once. “Wherever the team needs me to help us being successful, that’s what I’m willing to do.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/justin_says_needed_will_tuck_in_xeCnYRSyLGX4xdMs72 wQfP#ixzz23qIHcsXy

It's not ideal, but I can see him doing it. What do you guys thinkHe is one of the very good ones! Love J Tuck

Redeyejedi
08-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Teams run what 25-30 times a game now. Really wouldnt be a big deal if he always played inside on passing downs

SweetZombieJesus
08-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Didn't he play cornerback for Sheridan?

RoanokeFan
08-17-2012, 06:04 PM
With Tracy coming on, this might be a solid solution if we can't get the tackles on the field.

Great job by the defensive Captain

Bones911
08-17-2012, 06:15 PM
With Tracy coming on, this might be a solid solution if we can't get the tackles on the field.

Great job by the defensive Captain

You know the at first when I read this thread I thought he was talking about Offensive Tackle.

rainierjef
08-17-2012, 06:15 PM
JPP - Joseph / Tuck - Osi
could work

Tuckit91
08-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Team player!!!

Cool Papa B.
08-17-2012, 06:25 PM
You know the at first when I read this thread I thought he was talking about Offensive Tackle.

LOL....I'll never question Tuck's heart if he does that.

Justin Tuck...the new 60 minute man of the NFL.

Mod_C
08-17-2012, 06:28 PM

Don't press our luck lol

Cool Papa B.
08-17-2012, 06:28 PM
I wonder if it would make sense to try JPP at Tackle. He has mentioned on a few interviews that he actually prefers the interior than rushing out from the ends.

Cool Papa B.
08-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Don't press our luck lol

You mean don't press our Tuck...LOL

RoanokeFan
08-17-2012, 06:31 PM
I wonder if it would make sense to try JPP at Tackle. He has mentioned on a few interviews that he actually prefers the interior than rushing out from the ends.

When they put him on special teams (field goal defense) he plays inside

jomo
08-17-2012, 06:39 PM
I wonder if it would make sense to try JPP at Tackle. He has mentioned on a few interviews that he actually prefers the interior than rushing out from the ends.Shorter route to the QB. wink!

Cool Papa B.
08-17-2012, 06:41 PM
When they put him on special teams (field goal defense) he plays inside

I think he would do well at DT. With the level he is at right now at DE, you just want to keep him there and watch him grow into an absolute beast. But if we get to week 1 and we're still thin in the interior, I would ask him to move there and watch him go all-pro in that position

NYG 5
08-17-2012, 07:18 PM
with the way he gets dinged up, no, not as often as he claims he would like to. with all the pass rushing linemen the team has, they just need one or two pure run stoppers. on Nascar plays, its ok, but i don't want to see tuck playing noseguard on goal line plays. maybe if it were 2007 again, but not now

Captain Chaos
08-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Love his attitude but want a big run stuffer in there so our LBs (which should be very good this year) can run wild!

RagTime Blue
08-17-2012, 07:29 PM
It all depends if our backup DT's THAT MUCH worse than our backup DE's. Neither Tuck nor JPP are big enough to play 3tech for long stretches.

nycisgreat
08-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Didn't he play cornerback for Sheridan? lmao, good one. It sure looked like it.

BigBlueAllDay
08-17-2012, 09:34 PM
I'd rather save the "Tuck playing DT position" scheme for another playoff run again. Gotta see if other players will step up first.

ImElectric2
08-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Didn't he play cornerback for Sheridan?Hahaha, fantastic!

GameTime
08-18-2012, 09:41 AM
good stuff from Tuck but no way he plays DT as "regular" position. Wont happen....

BillTheGreek
08-19-2012, 06:26 AM

It's not ideal, but I can see him doing it. What do you guys think

Put him on the O-Line for a few plays, until they find some guys that will turn things around.He will show them what to do !