TroyArcher
12-12-2011, 11:12 AM
30 Giants</P>

31 Packers</P>

32 Patriots</P>

Kind of interesting. </P>

sligoker
12-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Very interesting---makes you question the old adage "Defense Wins Championships"

BlueReign
12-12-2011, 11:16 AM
A complete embarrassment to everything the Giants stand for and represent.

EVGiant17
12-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Very interesting---makes you question the old adage "Defense* Wins Championships"

I wouldn't be surprised if none of those three teams won the Super Bowl though. I know everyone is on Green Bay's jock strap but they are beatable and as the Patriots showed in their ALMOST undefeated season (HAH) that slip up will come. I'd actually feel better about Green Bay's chances if they drop one in the regular season.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-12-2011, 11:17 AM
There's a difference, the other 2 are blowing people out, well GB is, while the giants are having to come back from behind.

G-Man67
12-12-2011, 11:20 AM
while that is interesting ... total yards is the absolute worst way to rank defenses ... points allowed, turnovers created and negative plays (sacks / tackles for loss) are all so much more important

teams that score a lot of points will almost always give up extra yards due to the other team needing to try to make a comeback

having said that, nobody is going to say that defence won a championship for the Pats or Packers and if we somehow miraculously win, Eli will almost certainly be the hero

Drez
12-12-2011, 11:21 AM
30 Giants</P>

31 Packers</P>

32 Patriots</P>

Kind of interesting. </P>

</P>

Here's where they rank in scoring defense:</P>

27 Giants
15 Packers
14 Patriots</P>

While we may be close in terms of yards given up, we're giving up significantly more points than those teams.</P>

We're also tied for giving up the second most pass TDs at 24, and tied for giving up the 6th most rushing TDs.</P>

</P>

Redeyejedi
12-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Giants arent forcing Turnovers like they were last year.

GameTime
12-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Very interesting---makes you question the old adage "Defense Wins Championships"
I wouldn't be surprised if none of those three teams won the Super Bowl though. I know <FONT color=#008000 size=4>everyone is on Green Bay's jock strap but they are beatable</FONT> and as the Patriots showed in their ALMOST undefeated season (HAH) that slip up will come. I'd actually feel better about Green Bay's chances if they drop one in the regular season.</P>

they are??? by whom?? They are 13 - 0 for the season and like 19-0 from last season...</P>

their D gives up yards but is in the middle of the pack in points given up.</P>

AGiantDynasty
12-12-2011, 11:35 AM

Dont be so quick. None of those 3 teams play "playoff style" football.

Even the packers are going to struggle when snow starts to fall when strong defenses and running games shine.

Our defense is awful either way.

GiantWarfare
12-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Packers D is underrated if you ask me.

Sure they give up a boatload of yards but they lead the league by far in forcing turnovers, and they don't give up many points in the red zone.

Our defense as a whole is absolutely dreadful, embarrassingly so.....can't believe the great New York Giants, a team which prides itself on an intimidating, formidable defense has come to this.

Yea, we had a whole lot of injuries but it shouldn't have ever come to the point where we expect to lose leads only minutes after we get them, where we expect to be scored on no matter the situation, where we pray for our offense to run a lot of clock, then score because we're certain our defense can't stop the other team. It's pathetic.

Thank the good Lord for JPP! Honestly, had it not been for Eli's stellar year, he'd be the clear MVP of our team. W/o him, our defense would be soooo much worse....and that's saying something.

The kid deserves Pro Bowl honors...

buddy33
12-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Giants arent forcing Turnovers like they were last year.

This. Green Bay does not have a good defense, but they do create opportunities for the offense and their offense takes better advantage of those opportunities.

burier
12-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Very interesting---makes you question the old adage "Defense* Wins Championships"

Not really. None of those three teams have won a championship with defenses ranked so poorly and I doubt any of them will.

As far as the Giants. We needs better production from the D. A little better. Nothing drastic and we should be ok.

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 11:57 AM
30 Giants</P>

31 Packers</P>

32 Patriots</P>

Kind of interesting.* </P>

It's the seventh sign.

EVGiant17
12-12-2011, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if none of those three teams won the Super Bowl though. I know <FONT color=#008000 size=4>everyone is on Green Bay's jock strap but they are beatable</FONT> and as the Patriots showed in their ALMOST undefeated season (HAH) that slip up will come. I'd actually feel better about Green Bay's chances if they drop one in the regular season.</P>

they are??? by whom?? They are 13 - 0 for the season and like 19-0 from last season...</P>

You are right. They are 13-0 but they have flaws like every other team. Aaron Rodgers is going to have an off day like every other QB in the NFL does and when it happens Green Bay fans better hope its not in the playoffs.

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 12:16 PM
30 Giants</P>

31 Packers</P>

32 Patriots</P>

BTW the difference between the Giants and the Pats/Pack is that we can't seem to keep the peddle to the metal.

Those other guys don't stop just because the teams they're playing do.

DEgiants89
12-12-2011, 01:41 PM

maybe they won't win then? I sure hope not...maybe the defense will get it together in the playoffs like they did in 07 and how the colts stepped up in 06

NYSPORTS
12-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Don't forget, the 6th most points allowed in the NFL.

TuckYou
12-12-2011, 02:01 PM
</P>

Yeah, the saying is, Defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS. No one won anything yet. I would not be shocked if these teams dont win it all. You need defense. </P>

Offense wins games, Defense wins championships. </P>

Gmen2005
12-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Aaron Ross is a big reason why this defense sucks. He is terrible.

NoHuddle10
12-12-2011, 02:45 PM
30 Giants</P>

31 Packers</P>

32 Patriots</P>

Packers have allowed 278 points.

Pats have allowed 274 points.

Giants have allowed 349 POINTS!!!!!!!

NoHuddle10
12-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Aaron Ross is a big reason why this defense sucks. He is terrible.

So true. I noticed he was way to concerned with watching the center snap the ball.

Everytime I looked at him he was looking at the center, ball would be snapped, he would try to turn his head back to the receiver as soon as possible, but the receiver would already be blowing by him.... Total lack of focus last night imo.

BlueSanta
12-12-2011, 03:17 PM
NE , NYG and the Colts are the true worst defenses.

GB is only there because they have had the luxury of playing with huge leads for a majority of the year. In that scenario giving up yards is ok, as long as you make them waste clock doing so. You may also notice their defense is actually statistically ok vs the run and at keeping scores down. They only look bad on total defense because they give up big yards and give up passing yards. But again, thats because they are playing with huge leads.

NoHuddle10
12-12-2011, 03:51 PM
NE , NYG and the Colts are the true worst defenses.

GB is only there because they have had the luxury of playing with huge leads for a majority of the year. In that scenario giving up yards is ok, as long as you make them waste clock doing so.* You may also notice their defense is actually statistically ok vs the run and at keeping scores down. They only look bad on total defense because they give up big yards and give up passing yards. But again, thats because they are playing with huge leads.

I totally agree. I found it funny that last night the people recapping the NE game said that the reason Brady threw the interception in the end zone and got flustered on the side line was because he is frustrated with his poorous defense.

Seems like Brady gets a pass for EVERYTHING.. Whereas the last few years anytime we would state these same very logical "excuses for Eli" none of the "experts" would even consider any excuses being made for Eli legitimate.

JMGGIANTS
12-12-2011, 03:56 PM

Did you catch the game last week when they played the NY Giants? That game was pretty much even. With a break or two the Giants win the game.

sharick88
12-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Everyone knows that our defense is ****ing garbage. I blame Fewell 90% and the personnel 10%. He isn't utilizing his resources properly. Sitting back in zone coverage, rushing 3 or 4 every single play, and this cover 2 nonsense is putting an endless amount of pressure on the offense. Rex Grossman, Alex Smith, Charlie Whitehurst, and Vince Young had their way with the defense. That alone should tell you what's up with this defense. JPP can't do alone