PDA

View Full Version : Prince getting tossed into tub

qroze
08-18-2012, 05:06 AM
http://www.vumee.com/members/video/2014/779 Prince looks pretty sad here.. hope he's not too soft.

TheEnigma
08-18-2012, 05:14 AM
2010 just owned 2011 son.

G-G-GMen420
08-18-2012, 06:26 AM
Haha that def. makes prince look sad! He looked like he was about to cry!

JPP playing the bully!

Cool Papa B.
08-18-2012, 06:44 AM
Relax Prince. Just roll with it and have fun with it. You can do the same to the rookie class next year. At least you didn't have to take everyone out to dinner and charge over $50,000 on your AmEx.

giantyankee1976
08-18-2012, 07:15 AM
i was listening to an interview on Podcast and well, he seems kinda soft.

I hope he can get his confidence up after a so-so Preseason performance.

Say what you will but TT getting injured again does hurt us. Plus I rather Antrel play his natural position anyway...

just musings I guess

Snappinnecks
08-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Damn...He's not even a rookie....

giantyankee1976
08-18-2012, 08:02 AM
still got treated though...

miked1958
08-18-2012, 08:40 AM
He did look like he was going to cry. Kid needs to toughen up. Also no one needs these next 3 preseason games more then him. Well maybe Austin and Hixon could use some reps as well

Sundown
08-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Prince is young and looks passive aggressive. He's gonna snap one day and hopefully he takes it out on the field

GameTime
08-18-2012, 09:35 AM
you know what.....any of you guys/girls even get pushed into a pool when you didnt really want too?? Sometimes it will just piss you off.
No biggie. Prince was not in the mood to get wet. He's prob thinking to he could have hit his head or some stupid injury from that....

All good.......he's cool with it I am sure.....

gmen0820
08-18-2012, 09:44 AM
The rumor of why Prince fell was because he was soft. I hope it isn't true.

BlueReign
08-18-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm sure if Prince was really pissed about it Weatherford wouldn't have posted it on Twitter.

RagTime Blue
08-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Only one way to go but "Up" from here.

Let's get this story started tonight, Prince.

manning to shockey
08-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Wow that did look sad. I also didn't know JPP was a bully, damn he looked like he had all the confidence in the world while price had none.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-18-2012, 11:57 AM
I will gladly trade positions with Prince, and I wont even tear up if the mess with me.

Tuckit91
08-18-2012, 12:55 PM
JPP was handling him like Prince was a little kid

DemandedAce
08-18-2012, 01:23 PM
It's a three foot deep metal tub six feet in diameter, would you want to be thrown in that and get ice cold and afraid you're gonna smash your head on it? No, I wouldn't either. He's allowed to be upset/annoyed about it

Giantz4Life
08-18-2012, 01:25 PM
I had a feeling Prince was soft....This unfortunately is leading to confirmation

Gimaniac
08-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Prince looks more like Pauper. I guess if you play like a rookie, you're gonna get treated like one.

greenca190
08-18-2012, 01:29 PM
JPP is enormous.

Cool Papa B.
08-18-2012, 01:30 PM
It all looked like a joke to me. I'm sure Prince will get his chance to get back at JPP. Prince probably should lighten up a bit.

juice33s
08-18-2012, 01:40 PM
The rumor of why Prince fell was because he was soft. I hope it isn't true.
Yeah I remember that:
(http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-3332.html)
-A lot of NFL people are skeptical about Nigerian players like Amukarma. ďAnd itís not just white men,Ē one executive said. ďItís whites and blacks.Ē Itís still a subtle form of racism. The word on Nigerians: they are soft, not tough enough and too educated. It would be a pity if thatís what cost Amukamara.-

Giantz4Life
08-18-2012, 01:45 PM
It did look pretty reckless on JPP's part the way he tossed him head first into that small tub though. Prince probably got a nose full of ice water.

Cool Papa B.
08-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah I remember that:
-A lot of NFL people are skeptical about Nigerian players like Amukarma. “And it’s not just white men,” one executive said. “It’s whites and blacks.” It’s still a subtle form of racism. The word on Nigerians: they are soft, not tough enough and too educated. It would be a pity if that’s what cost Amukamara.-

Well, as a Nigerian and former HS football player I disagree. Prince is practically American anyway. He was raised in the US. And Osi is Nigerian also. He doesn't look soft to me.

qroze
08-18-2012, 01:51 PM
gotta love Boley yelling: "STAND UP FOR YOURSELF" they really wanted to see something out of him and got nothing but a damn sadface haha

derekunion28
almost seemed to me prince did or said something to provoke jpp....doubt he just did it for no reason i em sure prince has a mouth on him , if you are gona be a wise *** you will get treated that way by the alpha dog

nygmen90
Haha I thought Prince would be laughing but his face made it look like he wanted to kill them all

ALLnygIN
08-18-2012, 02:01 PM
You can tell prince is the sensitive type. I get that impression at least when I hear him getting interviewed. Then again look at it this way the kid is use to being the star his whole life, now he's in the big time and it's gonna take work. His confidence is down a bit, theres no question the talent is there. It's only if this kid will be willing to to the work that will bring it out.

ALLnygIN
08-18-2012, 02:04 PM
but lets be fair. If JPP is carrying you around like a rag doll are you really gonna provoke him any further hahaha

myles2424
08-18-2012, 02:20 PM
It's bad when your teammates have to yell Telling you to stand up for yourself....

Cool Papa B.
08-18-2012, 02:23 PM
It's bad when your teammates have to yell Telling you to stand up for yourself....

It could be nothing. We don't know for sure.

keyofgmen
08-18-2012, 03:00 PM
1st of all..Weatherford should have shown some discretion and not posted this. 2nd, who knows what led to it? 3rd, Prince should have punched the SOB square in the mouth.

Gimaniac
08-18-2012, 03:02 PM
1st of all..Weatherford should have shown some discretion and not posted this. 2nd, who knows what led to it? 3rd, Prince should have punched the SOB square in the mouth.

Good luck taking a swing at JPP.

TheEnigma
08-18-2012, 03:11 PM
I really wish we knew what lead up to these events. This video could either be hilarious or sad depending on what happened to cause all of this.

keyofgmen
08-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Good luck taking a swing at JPP.

Yup..I'm sure I would need a crane ( and an armored suit)...nice reply.

Buddy333
08-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Where is all the talk about him being soft coming from? I thought it was the opposite. I thought he was known as a very physical defensive back and he showed it last year. If he had any knock on him it was having short arms.

Eli TO Shockey
08-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Prince probably tried a practical joked on JPP...JPP's machismo didnt like it and made prince look like a fool...knowing prince would just take it....

He really almost teared up, quite sad actually....why he just took it and didnt try to wiggle out of it is beyond me...

JPP THE BULLY!!

Eli TO Shockey
08-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Where is all the talk about him being soft coming from? I thought it was the opposite. I thought he was known as a very physical defensive back and he showed it last year. If he had any knock on him it was having short arms.

I remember his "awkward personality" being one of the reasons for his stock falling..nothing with being soft

TheEnigma
08-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Should of drafted Jimmy Smith obviously. Would of never let himself in this situation.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
08-18-2012, 03:35 PM
The probably pick on him all the time. He didn't fight back and he looked sad as all hell.

GameTime
08-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Yeah I remember that:
-A lot of NFL people are skeptical about Nigerian players like Amukarma. ďAnd itís not just white men,Ē one executive said. ďItís whites and blacks.Ē Itís still a subtle form of racism. The word on Nigerians: they are soft, not tough enough and too educated. It would be a pity if thatís what cost Amukamara.-
maybe you remember a play named Christian Okoye....AKA the Nigerian Nightmare.......
Palamalu, while not Nigerian, is very soft spoke and seeming intelligent, he aint soft either. So if Prince is soft it has 0 to do with his intelligence and or heritage.

titwio
08-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Wait, is this from last year or this year?

Anyway I wish I knew what was going on beforehand cause Prince didn't look like he was in the joking mood...lol

qroze
08-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Wait, is this from last year or this year?

Anyway I wish I knew what was going on beforehand cause Prince didn't look like he was in the joking mood...lol

I'd bet this is recent.

We gotta bet that with the locker room we have, someone will pull Prince aside and let him know what's up and really make him feel a part of the team. We got too many good personalities.

egyptian420
08-18-2012, 04:33 PM
they're just goofing around...it happens

GMenNY21
08-18-2012, 04:40 PM
LOL! Jpp owned prince on that one

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Well when your name is "Prince" he acted just as his name states, like a little wet biach! Have some fun, cause when you get older the fun almost gets sucked away instantly! Like I stated earlier, trade places with me Prince and I will laugh anything off they do to me. Nothing wrong with a little hazing. I dealt with good humored hazing for 20 years in the Navy!

wado1
08-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Couple things from this vid

1. This is uncensored young black cats having fun, LOL. You can tell by the number of n bombs
2. Apparently Prince told JPP or someone that he would do something to JPP, JPP obviously knew Prince wouldn't do anything because at the end JPP says " F That N bomb, he ain't gon do squat to me"....thats paraphrasing.
3. JPP is crazy strong, Prince is not a small dude, like 5:10 200lbs of muscle. JPP carries him like a ragdoll.
4. Prince obviously has an issue of respect in the locker room hench guys screaming "U gotta stand up for your self". At some point he needs to let that aggression loose. I know he has like 3-4 sisters but being in a fooball locker room all these years, you would expect him to man up.

Eli TO Shockey
08-18-2012, 06:25 PM

1. This is uncensored young black cats having fun, LOL. You can tell by the number of n bombs
2. Apparently Prince told JPP or someone that he would do something to JPP, JPP obviously knew Prince wouldn't do anything because at the end JPP says " F That N bomb, he ain't gon do squat to me"....thats paraphrasing.
3. JPP is crazy strong, Prince is not a small dude, like 5:10 200lbs of muscle. JPP carries him like a ragdoll.
4. Prince obviously has an issue of respect in the locker room hench guys screaming "U gotta stand up for your self". At some point he needs to let that aggression loose. I know he has like 3-4 sisters but being in a fooball locker room all these years, you would expect him to man up.

agreed. im sure he lost respect from some of his teammates.

ELIte4MVP
08-18-2012, 06:32 PM
lol i'm glad you guys aren't my psychiatrist

titwio
08-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Prince is 6'0 and nearly 210lbs...He's not small at all. Steve Smith (Car) or Pac-Man Jones (guys who are much smaller) would have stuck up for themselves.

But I'm sure it was lighthearted kidding around with the way everyone was so loose and laughing...no need to put up a fight.

*If it was me though, I would have been squirming around and grabbing anything to avoid going into that tub. Prince looked placid as hell and like a man who already accepted his fate....lol

giantyankee1976
08-18-2012, 06:44 PM
yeah we all know STeve Smith (CAR) likes to punch team mates in the muzzle and ****

I feel bad for Prince though...maybe if he steps up his play on the field some of the hazing will let up.

as for JPP, keep that swagger but less on your teamates and more on those fugazi *****es in Dallas, Philly and DC/VA

ragdoll those ***** *** QBs for those teams. (with their ***** *** es)

EJ Blue
08-18-2012, 06:56 PM
they're just goofing around...it happenslooks like he was getting bullied by grown men to me.

ponch inda face
08-18-2012, 08:04 PM

His reaction and the "stand up for yourself" comments made this real sad. Someone on the board shortly after Prince was drafted and way before I joined made mention of him being soft. That was some straight bully stuff right there and Prince just looked sad, wet and defeated. the stand up for yourself comment kinda made it even worse like if his teammates knew he didn't have it in him and were trying to get it out of him. that said, im not in the locker room so what do i know, but JPP clowned him and Prince didn't go back at him. Not talking about fighting, but if it was in good fun, i think his reaction would have been different.

wado1
08-19-2012, 02:49 AM
Yeah, it definitely wasn't good fun......but he's a grown man, you gotta stand up. Your not 12, your in your early 20's in great shape. Just shove someone or something jeez.

GiantWarfare
08-19-2012, 03:55 AM
Yeah, it definitely wasn't good fun......but he's a grown man, you gotta stand up. Your not 12, your in your early 20's in great shape. Just shove someone or something jeez.

Basically this.

Being skittish, and afraid to stand up for yourself invites hazing like this. I must say though, watching JPP carry Prince on his shoulders like a little kid was pretty funny. Dude didn't fight back or nothing, just went w/ the flow...lol. Felt bad afterwards hearing Boley say "you gotta stand up for yourself!"

Anyhow, things like this go on all the time in locker rooms, particularly football ones, this is a man's game, no place for kids/softies. Prince has a lot of talent man, the kid seems to lack the confidence that a pro player needs to perform well. Looking forward to seeing him develop and get back on track for us this season. Him and Hosley, the future of our secondary.

titwio
08-19-2012, 04:07 AM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1160956/wayneisbad_medium.gif

Oh, ok Jason...We forgive you.

GiantWarfare
08-19-2012, 04:17 AM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1160956/wayneisbad_medium.gif

Oh, ok Jason...We forgive you.

I know Hunter on the Jets is criticized as one of the weaker tackles in the league but damn oh damn did JPP own him. Shoved him out the way just like that...almost effortlessly and was on Sanchez literally in 2 seconds. Freakish...

Jppallday
08-19-2012, 10:59 AM
I know the competition level wasn't high yesterday, but did anyone else feel much more comfortable with Prince Amukamara's play? I did not feel great about his play week one. What did you guys think?

nhpgiantsfan
08-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Not much of a gauge last night.

Jppallday
08-19-2012, 11:10 AM
I was just happy he wasn't getting beat like he was against the Jags

Evo'Ed
08-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Yesterday's game was hardly a test for Prince.

Holmes was out and our front 4 pressured Sanchez and Tebow all night.

I guess when you never hear a CB's name mentioned during a game that's a good thing.

ashleymarie
08-19-2012, 11:18 AM
I was just happy he wasn't getting beat like he was against the Jags

Welcome. Maybe the bath woke him up. J/K. It seemed last night he was running hot and cold. But an improvement.

fansince69
08-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Welcome. Maybe the bath woke him up. J/K. It seemed last night he was running hot and cold. But an improvement.

Guess I was the only one that noticed he took out 2 blockers on a sweep unfortunately I don't remember who made the tackle...but between Prince going low to remove the blockers and whoever made the tackle it was a really nice play.

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Guess I was the only one that noticed he took out 2 blockers on a sweep unfortunately I don't remember who made the tackle...but between Prince going low to remove the blockers and whoever made the tackle it was a really nice play.

I think it may have been rivers who made the tackle on that one he had a TFL...

I thought Prince looked solid in coverage. yeah the competition wasnt great, but that doesnt change how prince needs to respond and position himself...I thought the coverage looked good...we'll see vs Chitown, but I feel Prince matches up better on bigger/ more possession type wr's so we'll see

fansince69
08-19-2012, 12:32 PM
I think it may have been rivers who made the tackle on that one he had a TFL...

I thought Prince looked solid in coverage. yeah the competition wasnt great, but that doesnt change how prince needs to respond and position himself...I thought the coverage looked good...we'll see vs Chitown, but I feel Prince matches up better on bigger/ more possession type wr's so we'll see

I have mentioned in a couple other threads...these second year players....are not typical second year players because they missed all of preseason last year.....it may take guys like Jernigan and prince longer to develop than many draft picks.....anyone that does not understand that ....does not get this game.

juice33s
08-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Hard to gauge considering the Jets are one of the worst pass offenses in the league (even worse with out Holmes on the field), but he did have a great play in run support where he basically took out the lead blocker and the running back in the backfield.

People have been questioning his toughness recently with the whole JPP ice tub incident, but on the field he has shown he's not afraid to get physical.

NWKEffectElement
08-19-2012, 02:23 PM
He was much more physical at the point of attack yesterday. Encouraging to say the least.

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 02:26 PM
He's not produced what we'd expect of a first round pick. At the time of the draft there were rumors about his not being all that which is why he was there when we picked. They will keep developing him and see how it goes.

fansince69
08-19-2012, 02:31 PM
He's not produced what we'd expect of a first round pick. At the time of the draft there were rumors about hissi not being all that which is why he was there when we picked. They will keep developing him and see how it goes.

I will have to disagree with you RF because he is a first round pick that missed almost all of last year(all training camp and half the season)

jomo
08-19-2012, 02:40 PM
I know the competition level wasn't high yesterday, but did anyone else feel much more comfortable with Prince Amukamara's play? I did not feel great about his play week one. What did you guys think?I thougth he was better.

jomo
08-19-2012, 02:41 PM
He was much more physical at the point of attack yesterday. Encouraging to say the least.I watched closely and what you say is correct.

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 02:45 PM
I will have to disagree with you RF because he is a first round pick that missed almost all of last year(all training camp and half the season)

I get that, but he needs to step up his game with TT unavailable for who know how long. The next game should give us some more insight into what we can expect this season.

Tuckit91
08-19-2012, 03:13 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_prince_amukamara_thrown.html

He maybe a little soft!

Buddy333
08-19-2012, 03:14 PM
He's not produced what we'd expect of a first round pick. At the time of the draft there were rumors about his not being all that which is why he was there when we picked. They will keep developing him and see how it goes.I also remember reading about a former Super Bowl head coach that rated him as the best DB in that draft. As far as producing, he was injured most of last year. Had rough start when they just threw him out their because of injuries but he played like a 1st round pick in the post season. Also, I believe oher teams made some huge reaches for QB's the year he was drafted and that's why he fell.

Buddy333
08-19-2012, 03:17 PM
I really don't get where all this soft talk is coming from. I remember hearing how coming out of college he was very physical and the only knock on him was short arms as far as the tub thing, maybe JPP took things a little further than he was expecting and that's why he was so bothered. It didn't look like he was fighting. It looked like he was going along with a prank and what JPP did could have lead to an injury.

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 03:19 PM
I also remember reading about a former Super Bowl head coach that rated him as the best DB in that draft. As far as producing, he was injured most of last year. Had rough start when they just threw him out their because of injuries but he played like a 1st round pick in the post season. Also, I believe oher teams made some huge reaches for QB's the year he was drafted and that's why he fell.

He'll make the roster so we'll just have to wait and see.

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 03:26 PM
I get that, but he needs to step up his game with TT unavailable for who know how long. The next game should give us some more insight into what we can expect this season.

u know how TC is with playing people. what does that tell u of what they think of prince that they would play him off injury and missing the entire preseason? it tells me they think he is so talented that it could hopefully overcome typical rookie issues...
and this next game, this season isnt going to tell us who prince is gonna be ultimately...sure, it will give us insight into how he may play early in the season, but this is for all intents and purposes prince's rookie season...lets say second half of his rookie season bc he did play near the end of last season and the postseason (and despite being so green, he was able to do a damn good job in coverage in the playoffs imo).

i personally believe Prince will become a Revis like corner. i just personally believe that. he has to get more confident, but I see amazing things in this kids future. the way he moves, keeps his hips fluid, turns and runs, and most importantly, his closing speed are just seriously outta this world. Prince was the top rated corner in all of college football the season before his last...he had a so so final year by his standards, and he still was a top 10 type talent that luckily fell to us...Prince and Hosely could be a downright scary duo down the road...

Buddy333
08-19-2012, 03:27 PM
I have to say I didn't like the language used when I saw that video. I think Prince was going along with a prank but JPP took it to far. Is Prince soft because of the look on his face? Maybe he wasn't expecting to be tossed head 1st into a tub. Hello JPP! The team needs Prince to be healthy and on the field. I'm sure that TC is going to give JPP an ear full. Usually these rookie hazings are innocent and no one gets hurt. Luckily Prince is ok.

Buddy333
08-19-2012, 03:32 PM
He'll make the roster so we'll just have to wait and see. Of course he will. I don't get why so many are so down on him. Is it because he had a bad pre season game last week? What about last year in the playoffs or the Super Bowl? I know he didn't start, but when he was in he was excellent.

fansince69
08-19-2012, 03:34 PM
u know how TC is with playing people. what does that tell u of what they think of prince that they would play him off injury and missing the entire preseason? it tells me they think he is so talented that it could hopefully overcome typical rookie issues...
and this next game, this season isnt going to tell us who prince is gonna be ultimately...sure, it will give us insight into how he may play early in the season, but this is for all intents and purposes prince's rookie season...lets say second half of his rookie season bc he did play near the end of last season and the postseason (and despite being so green, he was able to do a damn good job in coverage in the playoffs imo).

i personally believe Prince will become a Revis like corner. i just personally believe that. he has to get more confident, but I see amazing things in this kids future. the way he moves, keeps his hips fluid, turns and runs, and most importantly, his closing speed are just seriously outta this world. Prince was the top rated corner in all of college football the season before his last...he had a so so final year by his standards, and he still was a top 10 type talent that luckily fell to us...Prince and Hosely could be a downright scary duo down the road...

Exactly what I think....nicely said

Eli TO Shockey
08-19-2012, 03:38 PM
I have to say I didn't like the language used when I saw that video. I think Prince was going along with a prank but JPP took it to far. Is Prince soft because of the look on his face? Maybe he wasn't expecting to be tossed head 1st into a tub. Hello JPP! The team needs Prince to be healthy and on the field. I'm sure that TC is going to give JPP an ear full. Usually these rookie hazings are innocent and no one gets hurt. Luckily Prince is ok.

the sad part is that prince isnt a rookie

Eli TO Shockey
08-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Giants 101
‎Prince Amukamara confirms the JPP ice tub splash was hazing and not retaliation. Said it's happened 8 times last year as well, and it was unprovoked.

“Yeah, um, well, I mean, I just don’t get it. I don’t understand the rules,” he said.. “I mean, I’m not a rookie anymore, so I don’t know why I’m getting thrown in the tub."

He added that he feels it's all "in love" though, but does not know when it will stop.

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Of course he will. I don't get why so many are so down on him. Is it because he had a bad pre season game last week? What about last year in the playoffs or the Super Bowl? I know he didn't start, but when he was in he was excellent.

Relax, we're having a debate, not maligning him.

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 03:40 PM

We all hope he's successful

DEgiants89
08-19-2012, 03:47 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/19/coughlin-says-hell-look-into-cold-tub-incident/

looks like there will be punishment going to be involved (maybe more so to Stevey W. more because of posting the video). I was pretty confused by Prince's reaction though as since in the article, he sounds quite clueless for an event that seems quite clear.

Buddy333
08-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Relax, we're having a debate, not maligning him.Who's getting excited? Just asked some questions.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Come On Man! T.C. has more pressing issues to look into, like a non-run blocking O-line.

Buddy333
08-19-2012, 03:53 PM
the sad part is that prince isnt a rookieI think he said the vets told him he has 3 more games to be one of them. So they still consider him a rookie because he hasn't played a full year.

Buddy333
08-19-2012, 03:56 PM
They are lucky Prince was not injured. I think his reaction to the incident was because JPP took it to far.

primetime
08-19-2012, 03:56 PM
"Looking into it"

Tom Coughlin: Is everything ok?

Players: Yes coach.

Tom Coughlin: Good, let's get back to work.

njsean
08-19-2012, 03:59 PM
I have a feeling he's going to be giving Steve an earfull more than anyone else.

appodictic
08-19-2012, 04:00 PM
If JPP through me in a tub of ice and it bothered me I would just key his ride. Who gives a crap?

fansince69
08-19-2012, 04:02 PM
If JPP through me in a tub of ice and it bothered me I would just key his ride. Who gives a crap?

Are you 15?

middlecountrygiantsfan
08-19-2012, 04:23 PM
I have a feeling he's going to be giving Steve an earfull more than anyone else.

Exactly. He said there isnt conduct like this in a family. As in the boys need to keep their shenanigans in house and not tell family secrets haha.

titwio
08-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Reading Prince's comments....this does not make the Giants look good, at all. I also don't like the fact this is going to bring negative publicity towards the Giants.

Steve needs to use better judgment imo with this twitter nonsense.

Bing Crosby
08-19-2012, 04:39 PM
All Top Cat has to do is tell them to stop putting the things they film online. Remind them that the season is starting, and he doesn't want to be asked about crap like that during interviews.

.scrimmage.
08-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Cut JPP and send a message

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 04:58 PM
"Looking into it"

Tom Coughlin: Is everything ok?

Players: Yes coach.

Tom Coughlin: Good, let's get back to work.

More like this:

Coughlin: Knock it the **** off

Players: Who, us?

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 04:59 PM

That certainly would send a message...straight to the front office with a follow up visit to a shrink

Cool Papa B.
08-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Prince has been thrown into the cold tub "8 times"?!?!?....
And they do this because they are trying to "develop an edge" In him...
And He has "three more games before he becomes one of them."...

Those are some really telling and eye-opening words. I wasn't sure about this yesterday, but maybe Prince is soft, or possibly even a little spoiled or priveleged.

fansince69
08-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Prince has been thrown into the cold tub "8 times"?!?!?....
And they do this because they are trying to "develop an edge" In him...
And He has "three more games before he becomes one of them."...

Those are some really telling and eye-opening words. I wasn't sure about this yesterday, but maybe Prince is soft, or possibly even a little spoiled or priveleged.

or maybe a rookie that wasn't around enough in training camp last year to receive the hazings that ALL rookies get......sometimes there just isn't a deeper meaning ....why do we all have to look for one?

Cool Papa B.
08-19-2012, 05:12 PM
or maybe a rookie that wasn't around enough in training camp last year to receive the hazings that ALL rookies get......sometimes there just isn't a deeper meaning ....why do we all have to look for one?

The article said, among other things, that the veterans are trying to develop an edge in Prince. You don't have to dig deep into this, they made it crystal clear.

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 05:16 PM
This is one of those stories where we just "know" we don't have all the information we need to make any sort of judgment call except that "hazing" can be dangerous. I don't know if this rises to the level of hazing or not. I'm pretty sure TC will take care of it whatever it is/was.

fansince69
08-19-2012, 05:31 PM
The article said, among other things, that the veterans are trying to develop an edge in Prince. You don't have to dig deep into this, they made it crystal clear.

So because Garfalo( a guy trying to sell newspapers)said this.... it is true?I saw no quotes...only HIS opinion....as I said before....we don't know and we never will

ImElectric2
08-19-2012, 05:38 PM

LMFBO. I truly feel thats the only option. We gotta be stern or we lose the locker room.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Will anyone stand up for the Prince if he can''t stand up for himself? He should have punched JPP's ugly nerd lenses right off his face after that stunt he pulled. So now that this ice tub incident is all of a sudden getting tons of bad press are teams going to catch on to the fact Amukamara seems like he has no backbone and pick on him and pick on him and beat him like a drum? Are his team mates too embarrassed to help him out? Is our defense going to suffer for it? That is all I really care about. I could care less if Prince is a helpless diva, I just worry about our defense. So based on that what can Prince do to gain back his confidence and manhood? Discuss.

NYGiants2120
08-19-2012, 06:02 PM
i dont like this at all. JPP and Prince, two big parts to our D? I hope they get along and theres no bad blood between the two

derekunion28
08-19-2012, 06:09 PM
its bulllying at the highest level and weathford shouldnt hav posted it TC is gona rip into them

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Will anyone stand up for the Prince if he can''t stand up for himself? He should have punched JPP's ugly nerd lenses right off his face after that stunt he pulled. So now that this ice tub incident is all of a sudden getting tons of bad press are teams going to catch on to the fact Amukamara seems like he has no backbone and pick on him and pick on him and beat him like a drum? Are his team mates too embarrassed to help him out? Is our defense going to suffer for it? That is all I really care about. I could care less if Prince is a helpless diva, I just worry about our defense. So based on that what can Prince do to gain back his confidence and manhood? Discuss.

Teams are going to challenge Amukamara until he stops them. That's nothing new and it's certainly not restricted to Amukamara and I don't think the "dunking" has anything to do with that.

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 06:12 PM
u guys r prob looking way to into this. one, prince sure looked like he was a happy member of the d jumping up doing back fives after the int and tfl...teams are like families, fraternities, etc...you have to earn your way in. im sure prince has encountered this before being a freshman in hs and then college...ppl who play sports encounter this...now i dont know about this jpp/prince incident, nor do i really care.
what i am worried about is the players feel prince is a snitch or an outsider, which is the opposite of what JPP was prob trying to do, which is make prince feel like he belongs. how that occurs from hazing? i dont know, all I know is its almost always a part of sports. maybe jpp went too far this time but i doubt its as big a deal as the OP and others are making it out to be...like it will make our defense bad or something lmao

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 06:15 PM
u guys r prob looking way to into this. one, prince sure looked like he was a happy member of the d jumping up doing back fives after the int and tfl...teams are like families, fraternities, etc...you have to earn your way in. im sure prince has encountered this before being a freshman in hs and then college...ppl who play sports encounter this...now i dont know about this jpp/prince incident, nor do i really care.
what i am worried about is the players feel prince is a snitch or an outsider, which is the opposite of what JPP was prob trying to do, which is make prince feel like he belongs. how that occurs from hazing? i dont know, all I know is its almost always a part of sports. maybe jpp went too far this time but i doubt its as big a deal as the OP and others are making it out to be...like it will make our defense bad or something lmao

The real bad guy here is Weatherford for taking it outside the organization

BROADWAYSTORM
08-19-2012, 06:16 PM
I am counting on the Prince to step up and be a shut down cornerback. Old man Webster only has so much left in the tank and can't be babysitting that secondary forever. Prince is the next man up now that mother nature is trying to screw with T2. So I would think it is in our best interests for Prince to man up some and stop giving the impression of a ballerina instead of a mean defensive back.

rainierjef
08-19-2012, 06:17 PM
its only bad press to us, good teams know how to make these thing go away within the week. its not that serious, horse playing at its finest, wetherford used poor judgement posting it, but i don't think there is any issue between players by it. personally i hink it will blow over in a day or two. big challenge coming up friday.

BeatYale
08-19-2012, 06:22 PM
My only gripe is that locker-room-code was broken by putting the video on the internet. Stuff like that shouldn't be made public because the media, fans (and rival fans) can use it against the team. Like what's happening here right now, a topic is created questioning Prince's toughness etc.

I would only question his toughness if I felt he wasn't physical with WRs at the LOS or not willing to take on blockers or the ball carrier in run support.

derekunion28
08-19-2012, 06:27 PM
cut himmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 06:29 PM
cut himmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

Wouldn't that be like putting the team in the cold water tank? :sarcastic:

titwio
08-19-2012, 06:29 PM
I know Hunter on the Jets is criticized as one of the weaker tackles in the league but damn oh damn did JPP own him. Shoved him out the way just like that...almost effortlessly and was on Sanchez literally in 2 seconds. Freakish...

Hunter was busier trending on twitter last night than he was protecting his QB...

Cool Papa B.
08-19-2012, 06:34 PM
So because Garfalo( a guy trying to sell newspapers)said this.... it is true?I saw no quotes...only HIS opinion....as I said before....we don't know and we never will

"Develop an edge" was in quotes.

TheEnigma
08-19-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm surprised Goodell isn't licking his chops and trying to figure out if he can fine JPP for some money.

egyptian420
08-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Lol people need to relax...I do admit it was reckless considering the way he got dropped could've caused an injury, but at the end of the day, it's just boys being boys.....I'm pretty sure Coughlin will talk...or scratch that....Yell some sense into them.

The thing that bothers Coughlin the most is probably how Weatherford put the video online for everyone to see.

Giantz4Life
08-19-2012, 06:37 PM
It's really all on Weatherford. I'm sure this type of horseplay/hazing whatever you want to call it happens all the time across locker rooms except it just doesn't get posted on a social media site for millions to see.

Toadofsteel
08-19-2012, 06:37 PM
The thing that bothers Coughlin the most is probably how Weatherford put the video online for everyone to see.

It's a good thing #5 is probably the best punter the Giants ever had. Imagine if Matt Dodge posted a video like that on the internet. He'd be cut faster than you could say "pack your ****"...

Giantz4Life
08-19-2012, 06:38 PM
It's a good thing #5 is probably the best punter the Giants ever had. Imagine if Matt Dodge posted a video like that on the internet. He'd be cut faster than you could say "pack your ****"...

Better than Feagles? That's a serious statement brotha!

rainierjef
08-19-2012, 06:38 PM
prince ain't no ***** on the field
so why does it matter if he's a lil bit of a ***** in the locker room?
its all fun, stop making it more than it is.
to them he is still like a rookie cause of the time missed probably ( that's assumption )
or this stuff happens all the time in giants locker room with different guys but we just don't hear about it or they don't mention it.

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 06:41 PM
looks like he was getting bullied by grown men to me.

Aren't they both grown men?

nhpgiantsfan
08-19-2012, 06:42 PM
The real bad guy here is Weatherford for taking it outside the organization

This! WTF is Weatherford thinking. This sort of stuff happens in every locker room, but Weatherford who thinks he's a comedian needs to publish it.

Steve, remember you're still just a punter...

NYG4lifeNYK
08-19-2012, 06:45 PM
This thread is just silly.

Are teams going to disrespect Prince? How? I HOPE they do because he's a good CB and getting better.

Of course they're going to target him, he's opposite Corey Webster.

I don't understand what you mean.

TheEnigma
08-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Ehhh. I think opposing offenses already kinda knew that Prince was a weak spot in this defense. Webster is a quiet shut down corner and Prince is still unproven. Even if this video didn't come out, he would still be targeted a lot.

zimonami
08-19-2012, 06:54 PM
its only bad press to us, good teams know how to make these thing go away within the week. its not that serious, horse playing at its finest, wetherford used poor judgement posting it, but i don't think there is any issue between players by it. personally i hink it will blow over in a day or two. big challenge coming up friday.
Voice of reason. Once Coughlin vents on Weatherford, and others to a lesser extent, this will be forgotten quickly in the locker room. Whatever point JPP thought he was making was made. Prince didn't like it, but message received. The players move past this kind of stuff a lot faster than we do. I'm not worried in the least about our locker room psyche. Lots of good, veteran heads to keep things cool.

GiantVibes
08-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Teams are going to challenge Amukamara until he stops them. That's nothing new and it's certainly not restricted to Amukamara and I don't think the "dunking" has anything to do with that.

Agreed 100%. People questioned Eli's toughness and he shut them up with his great play.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-19-2012, 07:03 PM
Cut JPP and send a messageIs that you Bill Belicheck????You're so silly.

FourthAndOne
08-19-2012, 07:06 PM
I think this is really being blown out of proportion. It was just a prank. Amukamara didn't look too happy about it, but who would?

One time Eli got a bunch of people to park around Tyne's car during preseason. Since ST players had less meetings to go to, Tynes could've left early, but was forced to wait several hours until everyone else was done until he could leave. Just recently some rookie (on some other team) got their car saran-wrapped and filled with packing peanuts. Pranks and what not seem pretty common.

Seriously, if Prince "stood up for himself" and got into a fight with JPP, how would that be any better? I'm sure Chiefs fans were pleased with Jon Baldwin for getting into a fight with Thomas Jones.

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 07:06 PM
i think the OP may be a troll as well, questionable join date, name, and this thread arent exactly an endorsement of being a giants fan

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 07:09 PM
yeah, im almost positive its a cowboys fan...JPP and his "nerd glasses"..."no backbone"..."beat like a drum"...the whole thing reads of a cowboy fan. especially when he refers to his defense and says he's scared its going to suck. that right there lets me know it prob is a 'boys fan bc we giants fans arent worried our defense is gonna suck rather if it wont play to its potential

GameTime
08-19-2012, 07:13 PM
wow...you guys are over the top with this. Weatherford may have made a blunder but geeze its not some crazy bad thing.
As fars as Prince.....you think its really going to effect how other players from other teams treat him?? Or that he should have punched JPP??

you guys are nuts....

bELIeve_in_Giants
08-19-2012, 07:20 PM
I didn't see the video. Could Prince have gotten hurt? I saw someone say that it was shallow water and he might have gotten a head or neck injury.

That's what I would be more concerned with - whether it crossed the line from a prank to something more dangerous. Otherwise, it's probably no big deal, but I hope he's not being singled out to be bullied or something.

giantyankee1976
08-19-2012, 07:25 PM
http://www.vumee.com/members/video/2014/779

naaa **** that ! that **** is not cool ! feel bad for Prince on that BS !

I mean hazing is hazing and we all got that done to us or did it.

The US Army wasn't nothing nice once I got to my duty station (back in '02) but you gotta throw them fists sometimes, cuss a SoB out do whatever...

giantyankee1976
08-19-2012, 07:27 PM
if by disrespect you mean call him out of his name and all that?

Most of the time the players and their fans do that anyway.

But if you mean throw at him to test him out, of course. They have to test him out.

titwio
08-19-2012, 07:28 PM
@Weatherford5 Steve Weatherford

I want to apologize to the fans... The video I posted was distasteful. Our team is a family, and we love each other. I am sorry to the fans.

giantyankee1976
08-19-2012, 07:30 PM
too late Steve...damn yo

Redeyejedi
08-19-2012, 07:33 PM
prince ain't no ***** on the field
so why does it matter if he's a lil bit of a ***** in the locker room?
its all fun, stop making it more than it is.
to them he is still like a rookie cause of the time missed probably ( that's assumption )
or this stuff happens all the time in giants locker room with different guys but we just don't hear about it or they don't mention it.The problem is Stupid *** Weatherford putting it up on Twitter.

Redeyejedi
08-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Did JPP throw Marvin Austin in the Tub dude hasnt played 1 game yet

NYG1970
08-19-2012, 07:36 PM
JPP is my 2nd favorite player on the team behind Cruz. This made me lose a little respect for him. Hazing is hazing, Prince obviously didn't like it, and it seemed kind of a bullyish thing to do, that and acting like a thug with his language makes me think twice about buying his jersey.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-19-2012, 07:36 PM
i think the OP may be a troll as well, questionable join date, name, and this thread arent exactly an endorsement of being a giants fan

How do you know it's not an Eagles fan or a 49ER fan? Maybe it's Clay Matthews cousin Prince Matthews.

titwio
08-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Did JPP throw Marvin Austin in the Tub dude hasnt played 1 game yet

I would pay Steve to post that video...lol

Cool Papa B.
08-19-2012, 07:43 PM
@Weatherford5 Steve Weatherford

Damage control. I wonder if Coughlin told him to do this.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-19-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm worried. I'm really worried about this. :(

Cool Papa B.
08-19-2012, 07:46 PM
is that you bill belicheck????you're so silly.

lol lol lol...

titwio
08-19-2012, 07:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo4OnQpwjkc

Jppallday
08-19-2012, 07:47 PM
We all hope he's successful

Yes we are all rooting for him, we are all on the same team here. I was very happy yesterday to see some toughness and aggressiveness. Prince is a big puzzle piece to another run at a SuperBowl title defense this year

TheEnigma
08-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Even in interviews, Prince has always had a different personality compared to most football players. I'm sure this is part of the reason he is targeted in hazing and pranks by the teammates. I always got a metrosexual vibe from Prince myself and if that is truly the case (just speculating, don't jump on me), it's not hard to see why the young JPP messes with him.

BigBlueAllDay
08-19-2012, 08:00 PM
I just hope this incident doesn't become a distraction once the regular season starts. I don't think Goodell will get involved here. This is such a minor issue in this situation.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-19-2012, 08:02 PM
So you're saying you think he is too metrosexual for his own good?

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Agreed 100%. People questioned Eli's toughness and he shut them up with his great play.

Good analogy

GameTime
08-19-2012, 08:06 PM
I just hope this incident doesn't become a distraction once the regular season starts. I don't think Goodell will get involved here. This is such a minor issue in this situation.
a distractiom during the reg season????!!!!
are you kidding me???
Its stupid video of guys busting each others balls during camp......wow.

you guys are freakin crazy with the reactions......

UmenYiourAnIdiot
08-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Poor Prince! waaa

TheEnigma
08-19-2012, 08:10 PM

Not at all. If anyone has the issue, it would be JPP. He's only been in limited environments before he came to NY and probably isn't used to people like Prince. I'm sure JPP never meant to be a bully about the situation but with the way Prince looked after the incident, it came across that way. Ashame the situation has been overblown. Every locker room has interesting people (Eli is for example) but I'm thinking Prince will be left alone once his play earns respect.

GiantWarfare
08-19-2012, 08:14 PM
JPP is my 2nd favorite player on the team behind Cruz. This made me lose a little respect for him. Hazing is hazing, Prince obviously didn't like it, and it seemed kind of a bullyish thing to do, that and acting like a thug with his language makes me think twice about buying his jersey.

good thing most of us dont get to see the everyday events and the behind-the-scenes footage involving many of the other NFL players or you'd lose a little respect for a lot of those guys too. Prince himself said he's been dumped in the tub 8 times before, you don't think any other of the guys had a hand in that...Boley, Grant, Osi etc?

I can see why some would see this as bullying but this is the NFL, hazing happens. Not saying it's right but it happens. In a testosterone-filled environment such as this, things like that occur all the time. Unfortunately, Weatherford pulled a dumb move by filming and releasing said film on a social media site.

This issue is quite minor IMO but you know how the media is, especially in the NY market, a little smoke here, and they turn it into a full-blown fire.

bELIeve_in_Giants
08-19-2012, 08:20 PM
I draw the line at any hazing that can be dangerous. Putting popcorn in someone's car is a harmless prank. This might have caused injury. They need to stick to the harmless pranks.

BurnerNYG
08-19-2012, 08:25 PM
I have to say I didn't like the language used when I saw that video. I think Prince was going along with a prank but JPP took it to far. Is Prince soft because of the look on his face? Maybe he wasn't expecting to be tossed head 1st into a tub. Hello JPP! The team needs Prince to be healthy and on the field. I'm sure that TC is going to give JPP an ear full. Usually these rookie hazings are innocent and no one gets hurt. Luckily Prince is ok.Language bothered you Buddy?

Toadofsteel
08-19-2012, 08:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo4OnQpwjkc

Now if only the dip**** that posted the video realized it wasn't Bob Marley...

giantyankee1976
08-19-2012, 08:41 PM

c'mon man really ?

Toadofsteel
08-19-2012, 08:42 PM
get matt dodge on the phone now!

qroze
08-19-2012, 08:50 PM

I'm a Giants fan.. and I never bothered to join before I did because I didn't feel like posting anything. Way to jump to conclusions, weirdo

Roosevelt
08-19-2012, 08:50 PM

+1 .

BigJ
08-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Haha Really??? taking it that seriously??? all u people making a big deal of this are jokes. Prince got picked up by JPP and threw him in water. it isnt that serious and if Prince thinks it is a big deal then he truely is soft likek everyon is saying. He only got thrown in water, dont cry about it just think of a way to get JPP back this stuff happenes all the time with teams

DVision
08-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Those of you complaining about the language are ridiculous!!! They weren't in front of the media, or some kids, they weren't at church, or in some sort of business settings. The were clowning around in a locker room full of grown men!! smh

BigJ
08-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Those of you complaining about the language are ridiculous!!! They weren't in front of the media, or some kids, they weren't at church, or in some sort of business settings. The were clowning around in a locker room full of grown men!! smh
Agreed these are grown men, not to mention pro football palyers in their locker room.

plc
08-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Maybe this just what Prince needs.A good kick in the butt.So much talent .Hopefully he will gain the respect of his of his fellow players by becoming a beast on the field.If Prince improves over the next 2 games I will say JPP did him and the team a huge favor.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Not at all. If anyone has the issue, it would be JPP. He's only been in limited environments before he came to NY and probably isn't used to people like Prince. I'm sure JPP never meant to be a bully about the situation but with the way Prince looked after the incident, it came across that way. Ashame the situation has been overblown. Every locker room has interesting people (Eli is for example) but I'm thinking Prince will be left alone once his play earns respect.

I don't know... I feel like JPP may actually be the metrosexual in this story based on the glasses he was wearing.

Rudyy
08-19-2012, 09:21 PM
LET'S CUT JPP AND WEATHERFORD NOW. THEY ARE BULLIES!1!!!!11
Calm down. We have other things to worry about. (Injuries, OL).
Yes, I probably wouldn't have posted it on Twitter, or have done it in the first place, but Tom Coughlin will speak to those who were involved.

Tony Bruno
08-19-2012, 09:41 PM
I had a feeling Prince was soft....This unfortunately is leading to confirmation

My thoughts exactly... They must see something too... Tough love that's all...

Martyr
08-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Prince is a chump

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't know... I feel like JPP may actually be the metrosexual in this story based on the glasses he was wearing.

awe, is a cowboys fan worried about our defense?

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm a Giants fan.. and I never bothered to join before I did because I didn't feel like posting anything. Way to jump to conclusions, weirdo
sorry, the mods merged ur thread and another one. my pst was reference to broadwaystorm...its pretty clear if u read his posts. he calls JPP a metrosexual lmfao...

he's a scared widdle 'boys fan

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 10:07 PM
How do you know it's not an Eagles fan or a 49ER fan? Maybe it's Clay Matthews cousin Prince Matthews.
i know what u are, a scared widdle 'boys fan.

Daytona Giant
08-19-2012, 10:07 PM
TC sould take Weatherspoon camera have Prince give it a Ice bath's.Usally the rookie with the big buck contract gets the most abuse, not because he is soft.

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 10:10 PM

wow. for some one who loves the 'boys, you sure like the term metrosexual...

are you really that scared of our defense? i know i know, u lost witten for 3 months, ur OL is garbage, and ur D is led by man addicted to ice cream...but u can find better ways to feel better. i suggest u follow ur D Cordinator and turn to Cherry Garcia (he likes that flavor the best bc he thinks he looks like jerry garcia"

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 10:11 PM

why wouldnt you be. you love the dallas 'boys.

ur OL is even worse than ours. Witten is gone for 3 months. Austin has no hamstring left. Bennett is gonna be an all pro after leaving pedo central. Dez beats up his mom...yeah we all know you are worried

Mod_C
08-19-2012, 10:29 PM
This thread is clised