PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jacobs

EVGiant17
12-12-2011, 11:29 AM
We won the game and I am ecstatic but IMO there was one flaw in the game plan that really irked me. Our defense is what it is at this point and I'm not going to complain about that but I think we almost lost this game because we went away from BJ.

Brandon Jacobs has been god awful this year. Part of it is the offensive line, more of it is him running without that killer instinct like he did of years past. Tonight, from the opening snap, he was the old Brandon Jacobs. He did not get knocked down on first contact once. When he did get knocked down, he fell forward for 3 yards. His first half was one of the best halves I've ever seen him play and his reward? We completely went away from him in the second half.

I love Ahmad Bradshaw and I think he is the #1 RB on this team but BJ was hot and you feed the hot hand. In the second half Bradshaw should have been the change of pace back for BJ and not the other way around. There was a play early in the 2nd half where it was 3 and 2 and we ran Bradshaw up the middle where he was stuffed. That should have been BJ based on how he was running.

Let me put it into numbers....

In the first half Jacobs had:
13 carries- 62 yards 1 TD 0 Fumbles

That is 4.7 ypc and earned the old fashion way without one big run boosting the stats.

The second half started and our first three plays were Bradshaw runs for 8 yards and we settled for a punt. He finished with 8 carries for 12 yards.

Jacobs had 6 carries for 39 yards and a TD in the 2nd half.

To me it was inexcusable that Bradshaw had more carries than Jacobs in the second half but even more problematic was that we weren't rushing as much as we should have. I don't think we would have needed two long come back drives (which obviously at that point you have to throw) if we had mixed up Jacobs and Eli in the third quarter.

Jacobs, play like that the rest of the season and you will be welcome in NY for years to come.

CDN_G-FAN
12-12-2011, 11:34 AM
BJ certainly played better last night, but he had alot of help too.</P>

i was screaming at the tv at the number of times he was running laterally to try and make the corner, and he got lucky that the front 7 of the cowboys had a pretty horrible game.</P>

bradshaw has the ability to make something out of nothing for us, jacobs simply doesn't have that ability.</P>

i agree that he was finally crashing more than he has been all season, but there's no WAY i'm going to complain about the ball being in Eli's hands more than in Jacobs.</P>

Jacobs era is over. he isn't and will never be a key for us winning anymore.</P>

</P>

GameTime
12-12-2011, 11:36 AM
BJ certainly played better last night, but he had alot of help too.</P>

i was screaming at the tv at the number of times he was running laterally to try and make the corner, and he got lucky that the front 7 of the cowboys had a pretty horrible game.</P>

bradshaw has the ability to make something out of nothing for us, jacobs simply doesn't have that ability.</P>

i agree that he was finally crashing more than he has been all season, but there's no WAY i'm going to complain about the ball being in Eli's hands more than in Jacobs.</P>

Jacobs era is over. <FONT color=#0000ff size=4>he isn't and will never be a key for us winning anymore</FONT>.</P>

</P>

Iwas getting pissed when I saw him run for the edges....but he did and he was successful. </P>

He was last night.......not "the" key but a big part.....</P>

</P>

nostrildamus
12-12-2011, 11:41 AM
LOVED Jacobs's performance last night, his best game of the year, but good grief, was anybody else holding their breath everytime he made a big play that he was going to get flagged 15 yds for taunting?</P>

I was surprised that his "slap a ho'" dance on the Dallas star didn't get called.</P>

Keep the attitude, Jake, just keep it focused.</P>

burier
12-12-2011, 11:43 AM
You have to remember that if Jacobs is going to be asked to run like he did last night at this point in his career you're going to have to monitor his attempts. He tweaked a hammy I think last week...he gets hurt alot. If he plays hurt he's not effective. You just have to watch his attempts.

All that said the Cowboys were about sick of takling him so I was yelling at the tv aswell. But Bradshaw was running really hard too so I'm not gonna complain.