PDA

View Full Version : Victor Cruz was once a JET?!!

thomsoad
08-18-2012, 08:26 PM
What the heII was that announcer talking about when he said the Jets let V Cruz go due to roster cuts?!!
Am i the only one who heard that?
Am I missing something?!!

G-G-GMen420
08-18-2012, 08:29 PM
No I heard that! He must be smoking something lol!

BROADWAYSTORM
08-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Talking out of his behind he was confusing Danny Ware's story with Victor Cruz.

Tuckit91
08-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Didn't the Giants pick him up as an undrafted free agent and the first year the Giants put him on IR that made him unhappy.

miked1958
08-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Yes cause Rex Ryan didn't even know who he was in that preseason game when he got the 3 tds

Die-Hard
08-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Cruz was never a Jet. These guys must be replacement announcers to go along with the replacement refs

derekunion28
08-18-2012, 08:53 PM
replacement announcers lmao die hard u sick......

fizzlesticks
08-18-2012, 09:18 PM
I don't know if it's you guys who are wrong or everyone else, but I've heard people (nfl analysts, sports writers, etc, not just random people on the street) say he was on the Jets practice squad ever since the Giants picked him up.

Die-Hard
08-18-2012, 09:25 PM
I don't know if it's you guys who are wrong or everyone else, but I've heard people (nfl analysts, sports writers, etc, not just random people on the street) say he was on the Jets practice squad ever since the Giants picked him up.

Rex came right out and said that he hoped the Giants cut him(Cruz) in '10, so that the Jets could snap him up. He was never a Jet at any point

titwio
08-18-2012, 09:33 PM
I thought he was confusing him for Danny Woodhead...lol

giantsfan420
08-18-2012, 09:35 PM
cruz was a camp body for the jets. after he was released we looked at him. theres no limit to the number of local UDFA u can bring in which is why we both brought him in

Die-Hard
08-18-2012, 09:46 PM
cruz was a camp body for the jets. after he was released we looked at him. theres no limit to the number of local UDFA u can bring in which is why we both brought him in

He was never a camp body for the Jets. After the draft, he was contacted directly by Chris Pettit, who is a scout for the Giants who saw Cruz at BC's pro day and recommended him after the draft. He was called, came into camp, and the rest is history

giantsfan420
08-18-2012, 11:00 PM
He was never a camp body for the Jets. After the draft, he was contacted directly by Chris Pettit, who is a scout for the Giants who saw Cruz at BC's pro day and recommended him after the draft. He was called, came into camp, and the rest is history

oh my bad. i could have sworn the nyj brought him in for like a day and then waived him. i still actually think that happened ill look it up

giantsfan420
08-18-2012, 11:04 PM
i stand corrected my bad.

Moke
08-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Didn't he say DJ Ware?

Redeyejedi
08-18-2012, 11:19 PM
The on field guy and announcers were saying the wrong things all night long. At one point they said Hynoski was the 3rd down back because he was the best blocker. Coples interview said he sacked manning. Coples sacked Carr. He said to Landry we arent used to seeing Eli throw picks, Really any fan of football knows Eli throws his share of Interceptioons

RoanokeFan
08-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Didn't the Giants pick him up as an undrafted free agent and the first year the Giants put him on IR that made him unhappy.

It made me unhappy

BigBlueAllDay
08-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Cruz was never a Jet. These guys must be replacement announcers to go along with the replacement refs

It was CBS, which is the Jet's channel with their Jets announcers, so the game calling was definitely a bit biased toward the Jets even though the Jets got completely dominated in the game. They're not familiar with Giants players. They wished they ever had Victor Cruz. lol

Moke
08-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Victor Cruz just dominated the Jets anyway. Plus Revis got burnt

FUUFNF
08-18-2012, 11:27 PM
CBS coverage of NFL football is just terrible. It must suck to follow an AFC team.

plc
08-19-2012, 12:07 AM
Victor CruZZZZ was interferred with in the end zone.No call.Should have been 1st and ten on the one.The great revis was burned on that 3rd down play.LOL, top 5 five defense, give me a break.Last year the jestors blamed offense coordinator,now the jestor fans are blaming general manager.Put the blame squarely where it belongs rexy and the owner.Remember during rexy's first 2 years he was coaching mangini's players now the jestors are falling apart with rexy's players.

BigBlueAllDay
08-19-2012, 12:17 AM
Totally agree with the pass interference on Cruz by Kyle Wilson playing Cruz instead of the ball in the endzone, but its the replacement refs where expectations are low.

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 12:24 AM
it was blatant too. one, he didnt turn back to the ball. thats bad enough but while he was face guarding and intruding on the area cruz was entitled to, he's also grabbing at his forearms and pulls one of his hands away from the pass...

this has been the worst offciating i've ever seen/ i've seen hs games reffed better

LB5656
08-19-2012, 12:58 AM
It was hilarious and borderline pathetic. That was the one, the only, GREG BUTTLE. The biggest Jets homer on earth. He's also a full blown ******. He usually does the Jets radio i believe. He's always been an idiot though.

Breezely
08-19-2012, 01:06 AM
He might have been ON a Jet but I do not believe he was ever a Jet. Never heard that before.

lawrenceS59
08-19-2012, 01:20 AM
These refs need to go. Same thing happened to Jerrigans last week on that pass from Eli. The dude held his hand down and didn't get the call. They're really bad.

inexorably
08-19-2012, 01:48 AM
That announcer, Buttle, not only claimed Cruz was once on the jets practice squad but he also gave revis credit for that throw out of bounds by Eli.

He said something along the lines that Revis forced the pass to go out of bounds when mr. island got burned by Cruz.

He's a clown.

And yes, some badly missed calls by the refs, including the head shot by landry on Cruz.

dave56dj
08-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Ian Eagle isn't bad but Gregg Buttle is atrocious. He did in fact claim Cruz was a Jet and he never was and Ian should have corrected him but never did. He was either thinking of Ware or recently retired Derrick Ward - either way you should know the biggest breakout star in all of the NFL last year.

Buttle also siad the throw for Tebow - TO A WIDE OPEN stephen hill was tough cause he was on the move - there was literally not a giant for 20 yards - its a throw any qb in the league can make eyes closed.

On a jet holding he actually said he wasnt sure how holding penalties worked.

Awful