PDA

View Full Version : Why is DJ Ware playing instead of the rookie?

BigBlue10Eli
08-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Get the rookie some snaps.

VegasGmen
08-18-2012, 09:04 PM
It's preseason! Wilson will play most of the 2nd half.

titwio
08-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Because DJ is higher on the depth chart. No need to get Eli killed experimenting with the rookie.

miked1958
08-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Because DJ is higher on the depth chart. No need to get Eli killed experimenting with the rookie.That's the reason right there

thomsoad
08-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Because DJ is higher on the depth chart. No need to get Eli killed experimenting with the rookie.

exactly the reason

dan1552
08-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Because he is playing worse than one

Toadofsteel
08-18-2012, 09:36 PM
They'd rather Wilson screw up blocking with Carr or Perriloux behind him rather than Eli.

giantsfan420
08-18-2012, 09:37 PM
he'll be with the 2nd team

ELIte4MVP
08-18-2012, 09:38 PM
they did put wilson in on one protection, and he actually looked good. he didnt need to block anyone, but he was in good positioning and would have blocked someone if necessary. baby steps..

RoanokeFan
08-18-2012, 11:30 PM

So simple, yet so misunderstood

TheEnigma
08-18-2012, 11:34 PM
I have a theory that Ware has incriminating evidence of some foul crime on the coaching staff and that's why he is still on the team.

radar-ray
08-18-2012, 11:36 PM
It doesn't matter who runs with this line. Even Barry Sanders couldn't do squat consistently.

CDN_G-FAN
08-18-2012, 11:47 PM
again, if you've watched any Coughlin era games, when HBs show they understand their protections they get more snaps. It was the same with Jacobs, it was the same with Bradshaw. it's been the same with Scott

All of them had fans screaming for more snaps and i don't mind one bit that we wait until these guys understand how to not get their QBs heads torn off before they're given a significant workload.

YATittle1962
08-19-2012, 12:30 AM
I thought Ware ran well considering the O line was doing a turnstyle imitation

Wilson looks lost

and Scott looks like he is running with his eyes closed

TheShouldersOf
08-19-2012, 03:28 AM
How can you say Ware ran good and Wilson looks lost? ware missed the block for the blocked punt, scott missed a block, and Wilson picked up a Blitz,

the Offensive line was wonky, but Ware still ran mediocre at best

RichGiants81
08-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Because he can block... Did you want this years starter we lose to in pre season to be Eli because a rookie rb missed a block and let him get killed?

TheShouldersOf
08-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Ware missed the block on the Punt,

this is only Wilson's second game, and the mistakes he made in game one have already improved

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Who's in a better position to know what they want from the running backs and who is producing the best results at this point in time. We, the arm chair coaches, or those other guys who watch them at every practice, game, etc.?

fansince69
08-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Who's in a better position to know what they want from the running backs and who is producing the best results at this point in time. We, the arm chair coaches, or those other guys who watch them at every practice, game, etc.?

And actually know something about x's and o's

BigBlue1971
08-19-2012, 02:17 PM
along with Wares experience as an "Eli protector" i suspect they are also giving him the opportunity to remain as the #2 at this point.

no doubt once Wilson is comfortable with his blocking techniques and maybe even before that, he will be the #2.

by mid season i firmly believe Ware will be in the same position as hes been the last 3 years.

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 02:34 PM
along with Wares experience as an "Eli protector" i suspect they are also giving him the opportunity to remain as the #2 at this point.

no doubt once Wilson is comfortable with his blocking techniques and maybe even before that, he will be the #2.

by mid season i firmly believe Ware will be in the same position as hes been the last 3 years.

I don't think they see Ware as the "#2." I think they see Ware as a positive contributor who does what they ask of him.

ELI_Iz_God
08-19-2012, 03:17 PM
How can you say Ware ran good and Wilson looks lost? ware missed the block for the blocked punt, scott missed a block, and Wilson picked up a Blitz,

the Offensive line was wonky, but Ware still ran mediocre at best

That's because Ware is mediocre..he's been that way, is that way and will retire that way. Wilson is top tier talent any touch he gets can potentially turn into a big play..he has big play explosiveness that Ware will never possess.

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 03:19 PM
That's because Ware is mediocre..he's been that way, is that way and will retire that way. Wilson is top tier talent any touch he gets can potentially turn into a big play..he has big play explosiveness that Ware will never possess.

It's not about the ability to run that's the concern. If that were the case, Ware would have been gone long ago. But year after year he survives because they want him here. That will come to an end some day, but I don't think that day is here yet.

fansince69
08-19-2012, 03:22 PM

you are entirely correct but,he also does not fumble ,knows the play book and blocks well....In other words reliable which is one of Coughlin's favorite traits.......he will remain right where he is until wilson can combine his big play ability with a certain amount of reliability

In other words.....mediocre+ reliable>big play potential +unreliable

buster55
08-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Ware is hot and cold and gets hurt often seems to me he gets a concussion or 2 per season. I thought he started off the game running hard which he does but missed a block on the punt and dropped a screen pass. Overall did not play well enough. I want Scott to get some more reps seems like he fell out of favor last year after fumbling in game. Guys up front need to do a better job holding the blocks. Have to get the running game going. WILSON is FAST.

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Ware is hot and cold and gets hurt often seems to me he gets a concussion or 2 per season. I thought he started off the game running hard which he does but missed a block on the punt and dropped a screen pass. Overall did not play well enough. I want Scott to get some more reps seems like he fell out of favor last year after fumbling in game. Guys up front need to do a better job holding the blocks. Have to get the running game going. WILSON is FAST.

Unfortunately, fumbling or otherwise losing the ball is TC's biggest NO-NO. It usually lands the offending player in the dog house. Bradshaw was there for a time a few years ago.

jomo
08-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Unfortunately, fumbling or otherwise losing the ball is TC's biggest NO-NO. It usually lands the offending player in the dog house. Bradshaw was there for a time a few years ago.............and the doghouse is the place where fumblers belong.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3lw9YIQVDzSArmaBSmomG6YB7k1lZK lHFd-pAN5zmzCuC3iTy