PDA

View Full Version : Please post your perspective on the first Team offense tonight

dan1552
08-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Appreciate it; THANKS!

nycsportzfan
08-18-2012, 10:31 PM
They were good as was the entire team for the most part.. To be honest, at 19-3 in the 4th, seems closer then it actually is.. Giants manhandled these fools..

titwio
08-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Big question mark with the O-line. Until they get the LT position cleared up the Giants can't create a rapport up front.

dan1552
08-18-2012, 10:36 PM
Oline restricted the run tonight. But...Gilbride should have used a work around for it.

giantsfan420
08-18-2012, 10:51 PM
i think our team is really strong. our depth could be starting for a lot of teams. a lot of teams r gonna scour our waivers. cruz looks boss. bradshaw looks quick. ware/wilson/scott/brown all look legit. randle/bennett look legit. a lot of great things to build on. im expecting a dominant season

BigBlue1971
08-18-2012, 11:03 PM
im concerned with the o-line! if they can gel the Giants as an offense will be hard to stop!

giantsfan420
08-18-2012, 11:04 PM
with nicks healthy, we are going to have a TON of lethal weapons

Squekee
08-18-2012, 11:07 PM
I think the team did good. Was a little upset about the run game. Have no faith in DJ. Still don't like the fact we could not bring Brandon back. But good game by 1st team

brad
08-18-2012, 11:09 PM
It was OK... not spectacular. The O-line is a bit of a concern, not getting much push for the run and pass protection wasn't exactly stellar. The run game was average at best and Eli made a few mistakes. Overall... I think they are probably on track though, it is preseason.

gumby74
08-18-2012, 11:09 PM
lol you guys are a lot more optimistic than I am. I'll say this. Our oline hasn't gotten any better it seems. It's still pre season though.

ELITEGIANTS0711
08-18-2012, 11:11 PM
a few drops, though barden was getting assualted, run game meh, eli made 1 bad pass, overall i give them a b

ShakeandBake
08-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Our run blocking was atrocious, and DJ Ware looked mediocre as usual, other than that we looked pretty good.

Toadofsteel
08-18-2012, 11:22 PM
The O-line flat-out sucked. They couldn't create holes and defenders were having a field day in our backfield most of the game (much like last year). Eli did what he could and still has a great connection with Cruz. Ware can break out surprisingly good runs if he gets a hole (he got stuffed big time when the o-line collapsed though).

Finally, Barden running with the 1's is a mistake. It's time to cut the dead weight and let Stanback or Douglas get some 1st-team reps.

mrg3
08-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Eli Good, Barden Horrible a drop and screened . O line good pass block Horrible run block. Victor Great, TE not used, Hynoski good on short Yardage.

radar-ray
08-18-2012, 11:32 PM
O-line run blocking is pathetic. Not a fan of Ware, especially with that wiffed block on the punt. We will be missing BJ's blocking for sure this year.

Squekee
08-18-2012, 11:39 PM
BJ will be missed a lot. Hopefully Bradshaw will stay healthy so Ware does not have to start. But so far run game gets F.

Giant stuck in Texas
08-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Run blocking blows......... With that said, I think it's about time we see what Wilson can do with the first team.

Squekee
08-18-2012, 11:45 PM
Running Wilson with 1st team sound great. Give him a chance. DJ's not working.

Morehead State
08-19-2012, 12:10 AM
Appreciate it; THANKS!
I thought that except for Cruz, the entire offense was horrible.

bearbryant
08-19-2012, 01:07 AM
I didn't think that the O line could get any worse after last year... I was wrong, this years line is simply atrocious. I have no idea what the suits are thinking about but WOW! The thought process of our FO is plain stupid: draft a RB #1 but you leave the O line in worse position than it was in last year when it was 32nd in the league for the run. It was the line not the RB's! The whole line got abused, the only worthwhile player on O was cruz

Giantz4Life
08-19-2012, 01:26 AM
I thought that except for Cruz, the entire offense was horrible.

Well obviously you have to give credit for the guy that's passing to him ;)

Giantz4Life
08-19-2012, 01:31 AM
I felt as though our offense seemed a tad catatonic at times, but sometimes you could see flashes of potential. Eli and Cruz have amazing chemistry...I don't think anyone can argue that. Exciting to know that teams will be dialing in on Cruz so much that they have to worry about Nicks once he gets healthy. Randle made a spectacular catch that shows why we drafted him...excited to see more from that kid. OLine is where the good news ends. They were decent in pass protection, but when it came time to run block the whole line seemed to collapse every snap. This will no doubt make things much more difficult for us as the season progresses. I like the majority of the Giants draft picks, but I wish we had snagged an OT in the earlier rounds. If we can somehow improve the OLine situation (Beatty coming back) then I will be content.

berya
08-19-2012, 01:58 AM
I thought first team offense looked good if you somehow don't include the O-line. O-line looked like s**t.

nycsportzfan
08-19-2012, 02:02 AM
Dude, our first string offense is insane, end of story.. Ya, of course are Oline is a bit weak, but plenty good enough to not be a deciding factor into our offense being stellar or not.. If that isn't easily shown, then i don't know what else to say.. Without Nicks, we moved the ball at will, and with him, u just can't fathom how disgustingly potent were gonna be... nicks, cruz, wilson, bradshaw, jerrny, bennett, hixon, pascoe, and ELI are as insane as it gets!

TheShouldersOf
08-19-2012, 03:25 AM
The third string was the only ones to score a Offensive touchdown, regardless if it's pre-season or not, the First team has to convert the drives to Touchdowns,

at least they got field goals out of it

chasjay
08-19-2012, 04:23 AM
I try to remember that the play-calling and personnel usage, even for the 1's, is still based on the fact that it's a pre-season game. I was traveling and heard the Papa and Banks Sirius broadcast, so my thoughts aren't based on anything I saw.

I liked the call on the first play - a long pass for Cruz against Revis. Papa made it sound like they came close to connecting. I was pleased that the EM to Cruz connection clicked well, but I had hoped for more with the tight end and those filling in for Nicks. Like everyone else, I had hoped that at least one drive would have produced a TD. I'm sold on Tynes having developed into a dependable FG kicker - I consider the kicker a part of the offense.

Again, I didn't see the game, but based on the radio broadcast, it sounded like the O line held up fairly well for passing and was more down than up on run blocking. From just listening, I wasn't able to make a judgement on the performance of the various RB's.

The partially-blocked punt troubled me because I didn't pick up on the main cause for it - I couldn't tell if someone whiffed a block - if Weatherford kicked it too low or if a Jet just made a great play.

I didn't like hearing that the pick came about after Eli threw short when he was trying to go out of bounds with it. But I don't expect that to be a recurring mistake.

All in all, I had hoped for a little more bang, but I didn't hear anything that disturbed me - the Jets do have a decent defense.

lawrenceS59
08-19-2012, 04:55 AM
I try to remember that the play-calling and personnel usage, even for the 1's, is still based on the fact that it's a pre-season game. I was traveling and heard the Papa and Banks Sirius broadcast, so my thoughts aren't based on anything I saw.

I liked the call on the first play - a long pass for Cruz against Revis. Papa made it sound like they came close to connecting. I was pleased that the EM to Cruz connection clicked well, but I had hoped for more with the tight end and those filling in for Nicks. Like everyone else, I had hoped that at least one drive would have produced a TD. I'm sold on Tynes having developed into a dependable FG kicker - I consider the kicker a part of the offense.

Again, I didn't see the game, but based on the radio broadcast, it sounded like the O line held up fairly well for passing and was more down than up on run blocking. From just listening, I wasn't able to make a judgement on the performance of the various RB's.

The partially-blocked punt troubled me because I didn't pick up on the main cause for it - I couldn't tell if someone whiffed a block - if Weatherford kicked it too low or if a Jet just made a great play.

I didn't like hearing that the pick came about after Eli threw short when he was trying to go out of bounds with it. But I don't expect that to be a recurring mistake.

All in all, I had hoped for a little more bang, but I didn't hear anything that disturbed me - the Jets do have a decent defense.

Eli to Cruz on the first play came REAL CLOSE to connecting. Eli put the ball too far to the side line and it went out of bounds by like 2 feet. Cruz had Revis beat. If the ball was inbounds Cruz would have ran it in for a touchdown. No doubt about it.

They could have definitely used the TE more. On the play Eli threw the interception, Bennett was open on the other side. I guess Bennett showed too late so Eli tried to throw the ball away.

Offensive line was fine in pass protection but terrible in run blocking. Henry Hynoski also played bad. The Jets Linebackers made him look really bad. For the most part the TE's blocked well. At least Bennett did. Only times he got in trouble is when he had to block Calvin Pace.

The block punt: D.J. Ware had to block Aaron Maybin and failed. Maybin pushed him all the way back to the punter and blocked the punt. This was right after D.J. Ware dropped a pass. He had a few bad possessions.

The 2nd and 3rd team defensive lines played well. Secondary wasn't too hot though. They had Tebow looking like a real QB. Then the d'line shut him down. Sacked him 4 times.

All in all, first team was a little shaky but still managed 6 offensive points and 7 defensive points.

chasjay
08-19-2012, 05:01 AM
Eli to Cruz on the first play came REAL CLOSE to connecting. Eli put the ball too far to the side line and it went out of bounds by like 2 feet. Cruz had Revis beat. If the ball was inbounds Cruz would have ran it in for a touchdown. No doubt about it.

They could have definitely used the TE more. On the play Eli threw the interception, Bennett was open on the other side. I guess Bennett showed too late so Eli tried to throw the ball away.

Offensive line was fine in pass protection but terrible in run blocking. Henry Hynoski also played bad. The Jets Linebackers made him look really bad. For the most part the TE's blocked well. At least Bennett did. Only times he got in trouble is when he had to block Calvin Pace.

The block punt: D.J. Ware had to block Aaron Maybin and failed. Maybin pushed him all the way back to the punter and blocked the punt. This was right after D.J. Ware dropped a pass. He had a few bad possessions.

The 2nd and 3rd team defensive lines played well. Secondary wasn't too hot though. They had Tebow looking like a real QB. Then the d'line shut him down. Sacked him 4 times.

All in all, first team was a little shaky but still managed 6 offensive points and 7 defensive points.

Thanks for the details!