PDA

View Full Version : The Official Douglas for Barden Thread.

titwio
08-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Douglas has size, hands and route running. I'm finished with the Barden experiment. Not impressed at all.

Sign on if you agree...

Tuckit91
08-18-2012, 09:54 PM
douglas has size, hands and route running. I'm finished with the barden experiment. Not impressed at all.

Sign on if you agree...

i boo you!!

Moke
08-18-2012, 09:57 PM
I like barden still, but I can deal with Douglas for Barden

titwio
08-18-2012, 09:57 PM
i boo you!!

Have you followed Douglas at all this offseason? I know it's preseason but he's beating everyone and already showing more potential than Barden ever has. I'm guaranteeing right now that Douglas makes the team.

It's just a matter of who they're going to cut.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-18-2012, 09:58 PM
I agree he is a very polished and strong receiver. However let the kid play some more before you annoint him. I'm sure he will make the team because he is not going to survive stashed in the PS.

titwio
08-18-2012, 10:01 PM
However let the kid play some more before you annoint him.

Oh I'm definitely not anointing him, I'm just saying he's going to make the team and someone has to go.

I'm pretty sure it's Barden who's on the bubble.

ELIte4MVP
08-18-2012, 10:06 PM
I agree that I'm not impresed with barden, but the fact that he was starting this game makes me think the coaching staff thinks otherwise

titwio
08-18-2012, 10:09 PM
I agree that I'm not impresed with barden, but the fact that he was starting this game makes me think the coaching staff thinks otherwise

I think the fact he started was more to do with seniority than anything. The only other guy who has been here longer than him is Hixon who wasn't even healthy enough to play last week.

08-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Time to cut bait with Barden; too long to wait for him with no production or even staying on the field. Sucks the injury thing, but have to move on; plenty fresh bodies every year. Sometimes it just goes like thaT. Keep Douglas, cut Barden

Toadofsteel
08-18-2012, 10:17 PM
I'd take Jernigan, Douglas, or Stanback over Barden any day...

RoanokeFan
08-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Douglas has size, hands and route running. I'm finished with the Barden experiment. Not impressed at all.

Sign on if you agree...

Barden has to do SOMETHING positive or he's going to be inactive all season long

RoanokeFan
08-18-2012, 10:24 PM

Not necessarily. It's the same process we saw with Sinorice Moss. He'll play out his contract with the team hoping he catches on (pun intended)

grapenut
08-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Time"s up for Barden, I think they are waiting to make sure other receivers remain healthy through preseason

titwio
08-18-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm looking up Douglas' pro-day numbers and they're pretty impressive...

4.46 40
36 1/2 vertical
9''10" broad.

Those numbers are actually very similar to Nicks with his 40 time being a little faster. I've been very impressed with his route running and he seems to display solid hands.

I really don't see how this kid doesn't make the team.

mrg3
08-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Stanback another ex Cowpoke like Canty who wants to stickit to them! And he looks good

Gimaniac
08-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Douglass = Money
Barden = Phoney

miked1958
08-18-2012, 11:11 PM
I like Douglas over barden and Joe M over DJ or brown

YATittle1962
08-18-2012, 11:26 PM

Sign on if you agree...

Barden has been hot garbage since day one

anything is an upgrade

signed

TheEnigma
08-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Ramses Barden should be cut for the sake of his career. Sounds crazy but he has a much better chance doing "something" on a team like the Jets or Dolphins than with us any day of the week,

bearbryant
08-18-2012, 11:45 PM
I'd get rid either 2 of these busts for 1 decent O lineman

ELIte4MVP
08-19-2012, 07:24 AM
I'd get rid either 2 of these busts for 1 decent O lineman

are you insinuating that douglas and barden are busts? barden can be argued, but douglas is an undrafted rookie who has played in one preseason game..

Roswell777
08-19-2012, 08:57 AM
Barden is probably done in Blue unless he has a monster game next week. Douglas has made some great catches in practice and if he falls victim as a result of the glut of WR talent the Giants have, probably would not be put on the practice squad, for fear of being claimed. More likely, if Reese is truly impressed but cannot find a spot for Him, Douglas will be IR'd like Cruz was two years ago with his "hamstring injury."

krygny
08-19-2012, 09:03 AM
I like Barden's catching technique. He "snaches" the ball out of the air. But he still hasn't learned how to run crisp routes or get separation. I just don't know.

Diamondring
08-19-2012, 09:13 AM
I like Barden's catching technique. He "snaches" the ball out of the air. But he still hasn't learned how to run crisp routes or get separation. I just don't know.Giants have a lot of players with talent but Barden is a lost case and it is time to get rid of him. He needs to be cut and let another team deal with him.

B-Red22
08-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Barden literally made me sick to my stomach with his performance last night, this bum needs to go we have waited long enough to see if he pans out and he hasn't

tru4blu88
08-19-2012, 09:29 AM
I have always been a fan of Barden, espically because my grandfather played basketball with his father in college at NYU. But barden hasnt done anything to show hes worth holding on to other then his size, but we just drafted that in Randle and hes already making noise with the second team. Douglas seems to have much more upside then Barden and gets nice seperation to get open. I think hes a steal and reminds me alot of Cruz in his style.. i say keep Douglas groom him hell be a big threat player, let barden walk were stacked at reciever anyways..

Roosevelt
08-19-2012, 10:49 AM
I've been pulling for Barden, but he just doesn't have what it takes. Time to move on.

GameTime
08-19-2012, 10:57 AM
I felt Barden would be gone before the end of camp I still feel that way. Maybe if he gets cut it will make him realize he needs to work much harder to be a legit NFL WR. He has the tools but lacks the desire IMO. Thats what separate all the legit players from the has beens.

fansince69
08-19-2012, 11:52 AM
I felt Barden would be gone before the end of camp I still feel that way. Maybe if he gets cut it will make him realize he needs to work much harder to be a legit NFL WR. He has the tools but lacks the desire IMO. Thats what separate all the legit players from the has beens.

sometimes HEART is better than talent or physical gifts........Barden lacks the desire to fight for the ball

GameTime
08-19-2012, 12:03 PM
sometimes HEART is better than talent or physical gifts........Barden lacks the desire to fight for the ball
its more like he lacks the desire to do the hard work to be an NFL WR. He looks lazy to me when he plays.....

jakegibbs
08-19-2012, 12:08 PM

Sign on if you agree...

+1 I'm all in. He made a great catch last night in double coverage. Barden vs Douglas. No compitition.

BlueMetal 40
08-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Has Douglas even played against the ones yet? Didn't see the game last night, so I am not sure if we can replace Barden with Douglas at this point.

fansince69
08-19-2012, 12:27 PM
its more like he lacks the desire to do the hard work to be an NFL WR. He looks lazy to me when he plays.....

Maybe but it seems to me when there is a battle for the ball he just does not want it as bad as the guy who is defending him......the slant he ran last night perfect example.....he had perfect position...has the size to compete...just is not the guy that wanted it the most....in most sports the winner is the team or player that wants it most

GameTime
08-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Maybe but it seems to me when there is a battle for the ball he just does not want it as bad as the guy who is defending him......the slant he ran last night perfect example.....he had perfect position...has the size to compete...just is not the guy that wanted it the most....in most sports the winner is the team or player that wants it most
we are saying the same thing pretty much

fansince69
08-19-2012, 12:35 PM
we are saying the same thing pretty much

Have we ever agreed before? lol

B-Red22
08-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Has Douglas even played against the ones yet? Didn't see the game last night, so I am not sure if we can replace Barden with Douglas at this point.

And what exactly did barden do against the one's last night?

fansince69
08-19-2012, 12:50 PM

He was tall....isn't that enough?

hugehomer
08-19-2012, 12:50 PM
You have to give it to Barden, he is tall and he has llashed in practice, Oh wait, what has he ever shown in preseason or the regular season?

SackingMyths
08-19-2012, 01:43 PM
I had such high hopes for Barden when he was drafted, but he's shown less than nothing & makes no contributions on STs. (So really...when would he be active on gameday anyway?) SIGNED

I'd be happy rolling with...
1 - Nicks
2 - Cruz
3 - Hixon
4 - Randle
5 - Jernigan (too soon to pull the plug. Has at least shown flashes of his receiving ability)
6 - Stanback (who plays ST)
***MAYBE 7- Douglas, but he'd REALLY have to show the coaches something in the Pats game

Toadofsteel
08-19-2012, 01:48 PM
I had such high hopes for Barden when he was drafted, but he's shown less than nothing & makes no contributions on STs. (So really...when would he be active on gameday anyway?) SIGNED

I'd be happy rolling with...
1 - Nicks
2 - Cruz
3 - Hixon
4 - Randle
5 - Jernigan (too soon to pull the plug. Has at least shown flashes of his receiving ability)
6 - Stanback (who plays ST)
***MAYBE 7- Douglas, but he'd REALLY have to show the coaches something in the Pats game

I like this. Hixon and Randle are maybe interchangeable between 3 and 4, but both will see offensive snaps in the season. Jernigan is a fairly good ST gunner at least, especially since we no longer have Devin Thomas. I wouldn't want him back to receive punts, but he'd be good on the punt coverage team....

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 01:56 PM
listen im about ready to jump off the barden ship with the rest of u guys, but if we are gonna excuse the JJ missed chance and the Cruz missed chance last night bc of a blown call, it was fairly clear to me that Cromartie had a fist full of Bardens jersey and def. ddnt defend him legally. that said he still should make the catch

Cool Papa B.
08-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Ramses Barden should be cut for the sake of his career. Sounds crazy but he has a much better chance doing "something" on a team like the Jets or Dolphins than with us any day of the week,

It's gonna stink watching him play and possibly succeed with another team, but I agree with you. Time to cut him loose and develop Douglas and Stanback.

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 02:01 PM
listen im about ready to jump off the barden ship with the rest of u guys, but if we are gonna excuse the JJ missed chance and the Cruz missed chance last night bc of a blown call, it was fairly clear to me that Cromartie had a fist full of Bardens jersey and def. ddnt defend him legally. that said he still should make the catch

Watching Barden last night, I got the impression he's just not motivated. Maybe I'm just down on him but it's just they way he plays.

BlueMetal 40
08-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Didn't see the game, I mentioned that in my post you quoted. But my point was more that we want to unload one receiver for another, when neither have done anything in an actual game. The benefit I see from keeping Douglas is the possibility of him being a contributor on ST. I'm all for giving the guy a shot and releasing Barden, but can we be sure that, if needed, Douglas could step in on game day and be relevant? I would think (or hope) Barden is closer to this scenario than an UDFA.

jomo
08-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Watching Barden last night, I got the impression he's just not motivated. Maybe I'm just down on him but it's just they way he plays.Watching Barden for the past 3 years, I got the impression he's just not motivated.

SackingMyths
08-19-2012, 02:51 PM
I like this. Hixon and Randle are maybe interchangeable between 3 and 4, but both will see offensive snaps in the season. Jernigan is a fairly good ST gunner at least, especially since we no longer have Devin Thomas. I wouldn't want him back to receive punts, but he'd be good on the punt coverage team....

Totally agree. I think once the coaches are sure Randle fully grasps their complex offense, and Eli trusts him to make sight adjustments, he'll wrestle the #3 spot away from Hixon. When that actually occurs is anyone's guess. But so far, so good.

I think we can all agree that Hixon's our best punt returner - hands down. Unfortunate that he's needed at WR and has suffered so many injuries. It would have a great trickle down effect if he could handle that for us and I wouldn't have a heart attack every time our D forces a punt.

O.C. Giant Fan
08-19-2012, 02:58 PM
I've seen more of Barden in the SNY studios furthering his post-play broadcasting ambitions than on the field for the Giants.....I remember the game against Dallas where he played well and got hurt a couple seasons ago, really thought he had turn the corner as a receiver..........but in your fourth season, with his size, you should be at least the third receiver challenging for the second or with great effort the top spot...........barring a major injury to the receiving corp Barden's days as a Giant are numbered......