PDA

View Full Version : JPP dumps Prince into the cold tub

DEgiants89
08-18-2012, 11:37 PM
idk what really to make of this but I wonder what Coughlin will have to say

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/18/jpp-dumps-prince-amukamura-in-cold-tub/

DEgiants89
08-18-2012, 11:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeT83OqyFJY&feature=player_embedded

Buddy333
08-18-2012, 11:46 PM
To me it looks like Prince was just playing along with it but the way JPP grew him in the tub it looks like Prince could have been hurt. Maybe that's why he looked the way he did when he got out. I'm sure TC and Reese will have a talk about this.

appodictic
08-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Maybe we should talk about how amukamara is a wasted draft pick and how will hill and hosley in a boot can play better.

Buddy333
08-19-2012, 12:01 AM
What? How is he a waste of a draft pick?

Giant stuck in Texas
08-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Maybe we should talk about how amukamara is a wasted draft pick and how will hill and hosley in a boot can play better.That was a moronic statement. Please feel free to punch yourself in the face.

FUUFNF
08-19-2012, 12:12 AM
The last thing we need is a starter getting hurt because of a prank.

appodictic
08-19-2012, 12:25 AM
That was a moronic statement. Please feel free to punch yourself in the face. He's getting smoked by second team players in pre-season of his second year. Last year when he came in all wide receivers licked their lips. Instantly targeted. Hosley will have his spot by mid year. Next year he will assume the barden, moss roll, and then hopefully we will cut ways with him and not keep him around for four or so years.

Buddy333
08-19-2012, 12:29 AM
Really? He seemed to do very well last year in the post season.

Giant stuck in Texas
08-19-2012, 12:54 AM
He's getting smoked by second team players in pre-season of his second year. Last year when he came in all wide receivers licked their lips. Instantly targeted. Hosley will have his spot by mid year. Next year he will assume the barden, moss roll, and then hopefully we will cut ways with him and not keep him around for four or so years.

This is his first year with ota's and his first preseason. Last year he was thrown to the wolfs midseason (on a tender foot) and anyone with a lick of common sense would understand this, so knock it off.

nygmen90
08-19-2012, 12:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeT83OqyFJY&feature=player_embedded

LOL it got removed for being a display of bullying

Buddy333
08-19-2012, 12:58 AM
I just hope this doesn't turn into a huge story in the media and it gets spun in a negative way. Those things can tear a team apart.

TheEnigma
08-19-2012, 01:00 AM
LOL it got removed for being a display of bullying

It's official: JPP is in fact a bully. Once Google/Youtube says you are, no escaping it.

berya
08-19-2012, 01:42 AM
To me it looks like Prince was just playing along with it but the way JPP grew him in the tub it looks like Prince could have been hurt. Maybe that's why he looked the way he did when he got out. I'm sure TC and Reese will have a talk about this.

I don't know man didn't look like Prince was just playing along to me. Looked like he was pretty upset afterwards. JPP was talking trash afterwards too. Something is up IMO.

appodictic
08-19-2012, 01:49 AM
This is his first year with ota's and his first preseason. Last year he was thrown to the wolfs midseason (on a tender foot) and anyone with a lick of common sense would understand this, so knock it off. "Tender foot" says it all, soft. High draft picks like him are supposed to be ready for action. Instead lets relive his career.

Held out for weeks after draft,
comes into camp after hold out,
hurts his foot the first day (probably an existing injury)
never gets up to speed (partially because of a holdout)
comes on the field and gets abused,
has an entire summer to work out and train,
comes into pre season,
gets abused by second stringers.

Maybe jpp threw him in the tub so he could wake up and play football. He was a high draft pick, not drafted to be a high liability dime back that cant cover.

lawrenceS59
08-19-2012, 02:05 AM
Nevermind. I see it.

lawrenceS59
08-19-2012, 02:15 AM
Kinda bad. I have no idea how it even got to that level but I do know it shouldn't have happened. He's not a rookie so it can't be hazing. Prince needs to man the heck up. If he had to fight, so be it. Can't have the locker room thinking you're soft.

GiantsFan27
08-19-2012, 02:40 AM
Kinda bad. I have no idea how it even got to that level but I do know it shouldn't have happened. He's not a rookie so it can't be hazing. Prince needs to man the heck up. If he had to fight, so be it. Can't have the locker room thinking you're soft.

agree 100%. prince may have a lot of talent, and i hope he does well but the guy comes across as a softy. i guess thats what happens when you have 5 sisters. but i recall a bunch of comments from other giants that imply he's soft, kinda like the younger brother that gets picked on. jacobs said "the kid's slow on life" and bradshaw saying they keep trying to toughen him up. and rolle joked about him having the least "swag" (hate that word) on the team. it's just not the kinda attitude you want your first round CB having. hopefully he matures and at least during games he can turn up the intensity.

lawrenceS59
08-19-2012, 02:49 AM
agree 100%. prince may have a lot of talent, and i hope he does well but the guy comes across as a softy. i guess thats what happens when you have 5 sisters. but i recall a bunch of comments from other giants that imply he's soft, kinda like the younger brother that gets picked on. jacobs said "the kid's slow on life" and bradshaw saying they keep trying to toughen him up. and rolle joked about him having the least "swag" (hate that word) on the team. it's just not the kinda attitude you want your first round CB having. hopefully he matures and at least during games he can turn up the intensity.

He neeeeeds to. Football is a big boy sport. We aren't the only people that saw the video. What happens when opposing receivers see it and start talking smack on the field? Is he going to buckle? Lose focus? I really hope not. I'm hoping this happened last year when he was a rookie. If this REALLY happened this year he has to take a stand. Someone else tries that he has to snuff them. Get the fine....let them know it's not that type of party.

GiantsFan27
08-19-2012, 03:44 AM
He neeeeeds to. Football is a big boy sport. We aren't the only people that saw the video. What happens when opposing receivers see it and start talking smack on the field? Is he going to buckle? Lose focus? I really hope not. I'm hoping this happened last year when he was a rookie. If this REALLY happened this year he has to take a stand. Someone else tries that he has to snuff them. Get the fine....let them know it's not that type of party.

yea i dont wanna make a big deal out of it but for him to just let JPP carry him without even trying to get away was pretty weak and even the players were telling him to stand up for himself. then JPP is like "he aint gonna do ****". (lol)

the physical tools are all there. just needs to focus and play tough ny giant defense.

VA#80
08-21-2012, 03:53 PM
agree i think that kid is soft. They need to keep dumping his *** in water till he wakes up or at least grow a pair>>>

Kase-1
08-21-2012, 04:11 PM
BFD, people get hazed in competetive sports especially when playing with people that are older than you. IMO the fact that he got tossed into the ice bath isnt a big deal, the big deal is that it should have never made its way to the internet

Rely on Eli
08-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Prince needs to display some attitude. That being said, we don't need our players turning into a bunch of jerks and hurting one another. Fun is fun, until someone gets hurt.

easterbeast
08-21-2012, 04:47 PM
to me..jpp is not a seasoned veteran where he can haze rookies

Diamondring
08-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Hey guys, you talk about Prince being soft but JPP is a big man not the same size as Prince. If it was a wr trying to dump Prince, then I would agree with some of you. Yet JPP is one big man and take care of men who are bigger than him cause JPP is built that way. Even if Prince would have fault back and still did nothing, you guys would maybe still call him soft.

wuzpapn
08-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Maybe we should talk about how amukamara is a wasted draft pick and how will hill and hosley in a boot can play better.
I'm sorry but I have to kind of agree with appodictic in this situation. This is the NFL, where the best of the best play. If he can't get up to par and play like the 1st round draft pick he is, then he needs MORE tubs in the future.

He is a softy. In interviews and stuff he actually comes off as a *****. Don't get me wrong, having good character and respect for others is great character, but he is just a softy! He's like a 4th grade teacher that will say "OK, JUST DON'T DO IT AGAIN! LOL". Like seriously, grow some hate, grow some anger, get some damn PASSION inside of you to be a part of Big Blue defense. It's almost like the whole locker room listens to Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, and metal to get amped while Amukamara is off to the side catching up on Spongebob before games.

I condone more ice tubs until I see no more goofy *** smiles from Prince. I can see why they call him "Coming to America", because he just doesn't seem to get it here. And he is continuously getting beat in coverage (did you watch the Jaguars game?). We're talking Jaguars QB's and WR's bullying on our CB. He needs to start grindin' NOW.

Napstew
08-21-2012, 05:26 PM
JPP and Prince are around the same age.
JPP is not a vet.
Prince is not a rookie.
It's not hazing.

All the downplaying...let it go. They pick on the dude regularly. This is just one video, but you can hear it in the players interviews, and when they speak of him, how they look at him.

What's really "soft" and "weak" is going at somebody that you know isnt going to give you a challenge. JPP and Osi or David Diehl or Tuck...yeah, that's competition.

Prince is an adult. If he isn't a fighter, and like to keep it peaceful, let him be. JPP or any of the other Giants are not his pops, and he ain't their son. They're only concern should be his play on the field.

Marvelousmik
08-21-2012, 05:30 PM
JPP and Prince are around the same age.
JPP is not a vet.
Prince is not a rookie.
It's not hazing.

All the downplaying...let it go. They pick on the dude regularly. This is just one video, but you can hear it in the players interviews, and when they speak of him, how they look at him.

What's really "soft" and "weak" is going at somebody that you know isnt going to give you a challenge. JPP and Osi or David Diehl or Tuck...yeah, that's competition.

Prince is an adult. If he isn't a fighter, and like to keep it peaceful, let him be. JPP or any of the other Giants are not his pops, and he ain't their son. They're only concern should be his play on the field.

Cowboys fan?

If not, go watch the prince locker room interview, and listen to everything prince had to say about it. its on giants.com. We have a media section just like the cowboys.

BuffyBlueII
08-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Prince Amukumara came through in the post season. I think he will improve and get better.The video never should have been made public. That was just stupid. It seems like they are hazing but with hazing, the more that Prince doesn't fight back and lets it go on the worse it is going to get. Drom the video it is already almost at the point beyond hazing. The next time JPP steps to him, Prince needs to smack the taste out his mouth. Prince needs to stand up and get violent for it to relent.

plaxattack17
08-21-2012, 07:31 PM
i saw the vid its fine, its lockerroom stuff. leave it to the media to blow it out of proportion. Prince was told to stand upfor himself.this aint bullying, but this is football ,you gotta earn your respect in the lockerroom. Prince has to show he's boss. I read in strahans book Jeremy Shockey had a punchup his first day as a rookie. Worse happens in every lockerroom i'm sure.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
08-21-2012, 07:56 PM
SMH @ ESPN making a big deal of this.

It's not hazing bc Prince isn't a rookie. However it's just horse play I don't see anything wrong, I think the sad look on Prince's face makes it seem worse.