PDA

View Full Version : Game not televised...How did the O-Line look?

Shockeyitus
08-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Thoughts on the first, second and third team's performance?

Also, How did the TE's look?

miked1958
08-18-2012, 11:25 PM
OLine was pretty bad right down the line... Even causing Eli to rush a throw which was picked off. Couldn't run ball at all. DJ had a few nice ones early then he went really bad, DW had couple nice gains?

Didn't throw hardly at all to the TEs. I only remember one play for about 8 yards to bennett. Other then that nothing.

First team defense was absolutely DOMINATING. Jets couldn't do anything. 4 or so sacks. JPP a beast. Hosley had an awesome 77 yard pick six and some nice PRs. However he was seen in a walking boot after game.

First team offense moved ball well. Should of had ten points but there Ws no call when Cruz was mugged in endZone. Seconds were good Joe M with acrobat Td. Douglas and Randall with SIck catches.

Second team D had some good things as well orozco, rivers, Hendricks, Marshall and others..Kicking game was outstanding. Weatherford with great punts. Tynes with some bomb kickoffs and 4-4 on FGs with a few 40+ yards tight down middle. One was 45.

Buddy333
08-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Eli will be throwing the ball a lot his year.

Giantsfan241
08-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Bad very bad, Beatty won't be any better with back issues going up against Orakpo D ware and Cole.

BillTheGreek
08-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Bad>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>very bad !

penguinfarmer
08-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Run blocking just wasn't there. I thought the second/third team Oline looked so much better than last week. But they were improving on what was a clusterfk against the Jags.

giantyankee1976
08-19-2012, 08:33 AM
not that others haven't mentioned it but, the OLine looked like *** out there.

no push at the point of attack

no holes

at one point the leftside got a push but the Back ran through the 4 hole and got ate up

the jets 34 was coming off the ball and the pocket was folding--- the boys and skins run a 34 and the birds run that wide 9 crap so draw your conclusions there.

if this is the way, Gilbride might want to start thinking Spread more often...that or max-protect

something

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Thoughts on the first, second and third team's performance?

Also, How did the TE's look?

Oline needs work, Bennett will be an asset

TheEnigma
08-19-2012, 08:42 AM
if this is the way, Gilbride might want to start thinking Spread more often...that or max-protect

something

As silly as people might think that sounds, I'm more confident in a short passing game moving the chains methodically for us versus running the ball at this point, This roster is loaded with YAC players that could benefit from such a strategy.

giantyankee1976
08-19-2012, 08:51 AM
yeah, but Coughlin appears to like that deep-ball throw off the playaction as well so a strong or at least effective run game should be emphasized

(I just don't see them going with 4 WRs)

Redeyejedi
08-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Im thinking about full cutting up all the plays from the game and posting on Youtube

gumby74
08-19-2012, 09:06 AM
absolute ****

Roswell777
08-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Bad very bad, Beatty won't be any better with back issues going up against Orakpo D ware and Cole.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The NFC East has a "murderer's row" of DEs and OT is the Giants' biggest question mark.

Redeyejedi
08-19-2012, 09:11 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing. The NFC East has a "murderer's row" of DEs and OT is the Giants' biggest question mark.Dont forget the AFC North which boasts 2 of the Top 7 teams in sacks last season + the Steelers

Redeyejedi
08-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Bengals ,Ravens and Steelers all can hit the QB. Throw the 49ers into the pile as well who would of knocked out any other QB besides Eli in that NFC Championship game

TheEnigma
08-19-2012, 09:18 AM
Bengals ,Ravens and Steelers all can hit the QB. Throw the 49ers into the pile as well who would of knocked out any other QB besides Eli in that NFC Championship game

You think at this rate with how the O-line is playing and combined with lots of the college offensive linemen being predicted as late 1sts, it's possible we pick up someone like Barret Jones or Chris Faulk? Though that depends on the depth development I suppose.

Roswell777
08-19-2012, 09:19 AM

I wonder if a team's upcoming season schedule factors into the choices they make on draft day?

TheAnalyst
08-19-2012, 09:22 AM
The oline wad bad last year and we did nothing to fix it. Eli better do a ton of 3 step drops this season otherwise he is going to get killed. I am still standing by the fact we needed an olineman more then a RB in round 1, but in Reese we trust I guess.

B-Red22
08-19-2012, 09:58 AM
absolutley terrible seems like a fitting description

Flip Empty
08-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Let's look at the bright side - the Cowboys' line looks worse.

The oline wad bad last year and we did nothing to fix it. Eli better do a ton of 3 step drops this season otherwise he is going to get killed. I am still standing by the fact we needed an olineman more then a RB in round 1, but in Reese we trust I guess.
I agree, but there were none of value at #32

I do think Wilson will be great though.

NorwoodBlue
08-19-2012, 10:27 AM
I think that Couglin needs to shake up this line; but that's not his style. Baas didn't impress last year, and Beatty can't seem to stay on the field. They ran the best last year when Boothe slid over to center and Petrus came in at guard. I read Petrus hasn't looked good so far in preseason, so what they do now is anyone's guess. It's just not Coughin's thing to take a free agent signing like Baas and bench him, so we'll see. The LT spot is open; but it's going to take a while to get a new person in sync with this line, so that may be a while. Beatty doesn't show some durability, he could end up sliding right off the roster.

penguinfarmer
08-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Im thinking about full cutting up all the plays from the game and posting on Youtube

NYGiantsCentral had all his NFL videos removed before. His NCAA vids were re-established, but just be wary of that. I'd keep it private with access via link only.