PDA

View Full Version : FIX the O-LINE

BillTheGreek
08-19-2012, 06:13 AM
FIX the O-LINE NOW!.......................Bring some of your best Defensive Line men in for a few plays........at least you know they can BLOCK ! And open a few holes.

TheEnigma
08-19-2012, 06:29 AM
Might not really happen until the next draft. Thankfully, Eli has become one of the best Under Pressured QBs in the league.

BillTheGreek
08-19-2012, 06:38 AM
Might not really happen until the next draft. Thankfully, Eli has become one of the best Under Pressured QBs in the league.
TRUE....................But Eli, can't do it by himself all the time. I say Bring some of your best Defensive Line men in , for a few plays on Offense.

ELIte4MVP
08-19-2012, 06:45 AM
TRUE....................But Eli, can't do it by himself all the time. I say Bring some of your best Defensive Line men in , for a few plays on Offense.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/399/fry.PNG?1307468855

TheEnigma
08-19-2012, 06:50 AM
I guess since we have the deepest depth at pass rusher (Mike Mayock said that as well so you know it's legit!), it's only fair that we have a bottom 5 O-line. There's barely any push at the point of attack anymore and our tackles don't really display great enough agility to handle speed rushers. Well, I guess Locklear is decent but it's just one guy so far.

Flip Empty
08-19-2012, 06:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/LdE9c.gif

Toadofsteel
08-19-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm not going to argue against the picks we made... In Reese We Trust and all that... but I'm still a bit confused as to why we waited until the comp picks in the 5th round to pick up an o-lineman... you can only get projects that late in the draft. We outright needed two good tackles (got one FA in locklear). But their play last week was just terrible.

Snappinnecks
08-19-2012, 08:31 AM
The way we are built is starting to remind me of the Patriots. They started to think why do they need to run the ball when they have that high powered offense and Tom Brady. VERY MUCH like the mentality around here now. Why do we need to run when we have these weapons and Eli Manning. It's going to be the team that can pound the ball against that is going to give trouble and beat us in the playoffs if we make it.

JesseJames
08-19-2012, 10:46 AM
every body has their opinion about why we didn't go high for an O lineman and no one seems to agree with me but, we knew we needed help to fix this Oline before the draft and didn't look at it until around the 5th round so that shows how much Reese was concerned about it. Last season we were last in running the ball and if thats not reason enough to give some serious attention to fixing the problem I don't know what is. I haven't seen enough of Locklear to have an opinion on him but I doubt he is the solution, Reese just rolled the dice on this line again hoping the same conditions would produce different results......

Giantslb66
08-19-2012, 10:56 AM
All of the top OL players were off of the board when the Giants picked. You want them to reach with a pick like Adams or something? I'll take picking 32nd every year and deal with find OL in Free Agency.

GameTime
08-19-2012, 10:58 AM
I think they have the players they just dont have the fire or chemistry yet. They need to get it and get it quick

appodictic
08-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Well we did make a move on the line, we got Bennett here. We also have guys like Petros we can develop. Beaty might come back.
Well I think we might luck out. Our WR corps are looking like they could easily be the best unit in the league. Randel will more then fill in for Mario, and seeing some things from the other guys. We might end up like the patriots. Many different wide receiver threats, forcing defences to play nickle and dime type defences most of the time. But unlike the patriots we have a number of high quality running backs now.

I agree our o-line is pretty crappy, I have been watching the texans and seeing the huge holes they open up for foster, but we have to play the hand we are dealt, and lets be real Eli likes slinging passes, gilbride likes being aggressive, and we have two very talented receivers, we cant be who we are not just because the giants 'used to be' a great running team. Actually we are built pretty well, we have a dline designed to destroy pocket passers and an offense that should get the other team behind quickly.

Nicks7
08-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Jeff Otah, I know he failed his physical for the Carolina & Jets trade but that been a couple months. He is still young and good when healthy. If he can maybe pass a physical now i would definitely give him a shot.

Buddy333
08-19-2012, 02:10 PM
They better hope Eli throws for 5,000+ yards and can get rid of the ball super fast because they can not run at all. I know it's only pre season, but after being one of the best running teams since TC became the head coach last year they where so very bad. Not to put to much stock in pre season, but they are a unit that needed to prove something. They have looked horrible.