PDA

View Full Version : Confession Time.... I threw in the towel

rebelfan1966
12-12-2011, 11:59 AM
When the boys went up by 12 with 5 to play, I made a post on my FB page saying the Giants loss... and gave congrats to my friends who are Cowboy fans....</P>

Man.... I am sure proud I was wrong !!!! ironically, my Cowboys friends are awful silen on FB today ???? HAHAHA!</P>

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!</P>

SweetZombieJesus
12-12-2011, 12:00 PM
I wasn't expecting the comeback but I knew it was possible.

You should have learned by now...

rebelfan1966
12-12-2011, 12:01 PM
These games are hard on my nerves.... lol

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 12:02 PM
When the boys went up by 12 with 5 to play, I made a post on my FB page saying the Giants loss... and gave congrats to my friends who are Cowboy fans....</P>

Man.... I am sure proud I was wrong !!!! ironically, my Cowboys friends are awful silen on FB today ???? HAHAHA!</P>

I stuck it out hoping for some garbage time catches from Ballard and Nicks (both on my FF team).

God bless FF!

burier
12-12-2011, 12:02 PM

What exactly do you gain by quiting?

Were you trying to jinx the Giants to a win?

I mean I've been known to turn a game off but only when its an absolute rap. never when there's even a glimmer of reasonable hope and Id never congratulate the opponent until the clock was at zero

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 12:04 PM

I mean I've been known to turn a game off but only when its an absolute rap. never when there's even a glimmer of reasonable hope and Id never congratulate the opponent until the clock was at zero

I hope I'm just like you when I grow up.

burier
12-12-2011, 12:07 PM

I hope I'm just like you when I grow up.

I'm just curious if quitting on a game makes people feel any better about losing or something.

Like you look at the score in the morning and think..."Well we lost but at least I turned the game off in third quarter"

lttaylor56
12-12-2011, 12:08 PM
The last time I gave up on this team they surprised me with a championship. I won't make that mistake again.

Pakman
12-12-2011, 12:08 PM
With 5 minutes to go...I took out my books and started to study for my final ....right in front of the TV lol

rebelfan1966
12-12-2011, 12:11 PM

What exactly do you gain by quiting? Were you trying to jinx the Giants to a win? I mean I've been known to turn a game off but only when its an absolute rap. never when there's even a glimmer of reasonable hope and Id never congratulate the opponent until the clock was at zero I hope I'm just like you when I grow up. I'm just curious if quitting on a game makes people feel any better about losing or something. Like you look at the score in the morning and think..."Well we lost but at least I turned the game off in third quarter"</P>

I did not quit watching the game, ( Thank God). I just presumed with the way our defense was playing, coming back from a 12pt deficit with 5 minutes left was not possible. Luckily, we scored quickly and the defense managed a 3 &amp; out.... ( may have been the only one all night )... It was then I started to realize we might win this game.</P>

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 12:12 PM

What exactly do you gain by quiting? Were you trying to jinx the Giants to a win? I mean I've been known to turn a game off but only when its an absolute rap. never when there's even a glimmer of reasonable hope and Id never congratulate the opponent until the clock was at zero I hope I'm just like you when I grow up. I'm just curious if quitting on a game makes people feel any better about losing or something. Like you look at the score in the morning and think..."Well we lost but at least I turned the game off in third quarter"</P>

I did not quit watching the game, ( Thank God). I just presumed with the way our defense was playing, coming back from a 12pt deficit with 5 minutes left was not possible. Luckily, we scored quickly and the defense managed a 3 & out.... ( may have been the only one all night )... It was then I started to realize we might win this game.</P>

You mean Romo managed a 3 and out.

Miles Austin couldn't have been more open if the stadium was empty.

Giantsin04
12-12-2011, 12:13 PM
I was watching the game with 5 friends. When the Giants went down by 12, three of them got up, said bye bye Coughlin and left. I stuck it out and was rewarded handsomely.

rebelfan1966
12-12-2011, 12:14 PM

I did not quit watching the game, ( Thank God). I just presumed with the way our defense was playing, coming back from a 12pt deficit with 5 minutes left was not possible. Luckily, we scored quickly and the defense managed a 3 &amp; out.... ( may have been the only one all night )... It was then I started to realize we might win this game.</P>

You mean Romo managed a 3 and out. Miles Austin couldn't have been more open if the stadium was empty.</P>

True....</P>

Ruttiger711
12-12-2011, 12:16 PM
I shut the tv off on the Saints game but not this one - not saying i was all full of faith but i figured i would see it through, even when we came back within 5 I was sure it was only just so they could disappoint again.

GCGiant
12-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Well...besides JPP and Eli...you all can thank me for the comeback. How you say? It's like this...</P>

As I stated in another thread, it had already been an exhausting day on the nerves as I watched the Saints come down to the last play to preserve a win, and then the whole Tebow thing in the late game. My buddy...my wife, that is, had been there with me the whole time. </P>

Somewhere around the beginning of the Giants game, she let me know she was getting pretty tired. I told her not to go to sleep in the den because that would be bad luck. I might as well have been talking to the wall.</P>

So, when the 'Boys went up by 12 in the 4th, I had had enough of her jinxing things by laying there sleeping, so I left her alone to sleep with the game blaring in her ear and I retired to the bedroom before it was too late.</P>

Sure enough, our fortunes turned the moment I got the bedroom TV turned on and was able to get away from Sleeping Beauty in the other room.</P>

No thanks are necessary, though. Just doing my part!</P>

CDN_G-FAN
12-12-2011, 12:19 PM
i have a 3 yr old and a 6 month old.</P>

when we were down by 12 i turned off the tv and prepared for the anticipated wake ups throughout the night.</P>

when i got up this morning i went to SI.com, looked at the title page and thought "jeez, why does Eli have his hands above his head in that pic ? ".</P>

went to the pvr and watched the rest of that game !!!!!</P>

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 12:23 PM
The last time I gave up on this team they surprised me with a championship. I won't make that mistake again.

+1 I was damn near the Lone Ranger in the Game Day thread. I guess there were three or four of us still cheering as Atlantis was sinking into the abyss. You have to have faith until the game is over. I have been around long enough to not say uncle as long as there is hope.

I thought TC was wasting his time with the TO. Prepared for the overtime coin toss. HA!

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 12:25 PM

Do what I do, have the local rescue squad park in your driveway [;)]

GiantWarfare
12-12-2011, 12:25 PM
When Boys when up by 12 I signed out of the boards but I kept watching...I wasnt even mad after Romo hit Dez for the long TD, I was like "and that's probably our season right there" but I always had that small glimmer of hope that Eli and the offense could pull out the win from outta the blue....and he did just that. The dude is just magic in the 4th...

But for once, I'd like us to have a game won before it reaches the final seconds...these thrillers are too much to take...

Drez
12-12-2011, 12:32 PM

</P>

I'll admit I thought things were looking pretty bleak, too at that point. I texted my brother and a friend that barring a miracle that was our season. </P>

And a miracle we got. </P>

I have to say, as much fun/heartbreaking as these games are, I sure would like for us to win a game 24-10 or something like that, lol.</P>

mattajw

+1 , why can't we just dominate a team for just one week!

chasjay
I don't do the boards during the game - sometimes check in at halftime or between quarters.

Before the kickoff after the Cowboys walk-in TD, I told my wife that I knew I was being foolish, but I still thought they had a chance - a long one, but a chance. I'm not sure I even believed it, but - it was just great - that's about all I can say about it.

miked1958
12-12-2011, 12:33 PM

</P>

News Flash.... I think we all threw in the Towel to some degree after we went down 12. If we say we didnt we would be lieing. I mean go look at the game thread right around the time when the tipped INT while we were on a drive and then the quick TD by the cowboys you will see that we all blew our tops.. we were calling for people to be fired. we were saying the season is over. just alot of ranting and raving. So you are not alone. We all felt like we were the laughing stocks of the NFL with that Defense. And to some degree we still our. no one respects this D or is to worried about playing the Giants. even after Eli fought back to get the lead the D still almost blew it in 46seconds. </P>

I mean back to back weeks they can even defend enough to stop Rodgers starting on hisown 20 with 58 seconds to beat us with a FG and with only 46 couldnt stop Romo starting on his own 20 getting them into FG range really easy. Its just a miracle that TC kept that flag in his pocket on that punt because if he challenged like he always does we would not have had the timeout to ice the kicker and JPP would not have had the chance to tip the ball and we would have lost.</P>

Roosevelt
12-12-2011, 12:35 PM
When the boys went up by 12 with 5 to play, I made a post on my FB page saying the Giants loss... and gave congrats to my friends who are Cowboy fans....</p>

Man.... I am sure proud I was wrong !!!! ironically, my Cowboys friends are awful silen on FB today ???? HAHAHA!</p>

Way to go GIANTS!!!!!!</p>

I thought our season was over too.

Incredible.

burier
12-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I shut the tv off on the Saints game but not this one - not saying i was all full of faith but i figured i would see it through, even when we came back within 5 I was sure it was only just so they could disappoint again.

I shut the saints game off too.

Drez
12-12-2011, 01:04 PM

I shut the saints game off too.</P>

That is something I cannot ever do, save for under a minute left and down by 2 or more scores.</P>

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-12-2011, 01:18 PM

</P>

News Flash.... I think we all threw in the Towel to some degree after we went down 12. If we say we didnt we would be lieing. I mean go look at the game thread right around the time when the tipped INT while we were on a drive and then the quick TD by the cowboys you will see that we all blew our tops.. we were calling for people to be fired. we were saying the season is over. just alot of ranting and raving. So you are not alone. We all felt like we were the laughing stocks of the NFL with that Defense. And to some degree we still our. no one respects this D or is to worried about playing the Giants. even after Eli fought back to get the lead the D still almost blew it in 46seconds. </P>

I mean back to back weeks they can even defend enough to stop Rodgers starting on his*own 20 with 58 seconds to beat us with a FG and with only 46 couldnt stop Romo starting on his own 20 getting them into FG range really easy. Its just a miracle that TC kept that flag in his pocket on that punt because if he challenged like he always does we would not have had the timeout to ice the kicker and JPP would not have had the chance to tip the ball and we would have lost.</P>

This. I freaked out completely after the Dez TD and wanted everyone except a couple dozen players fired. I feel nothing but apathy right now. I'm glad we won, and an ugly win is better than a loss, but for some reason, because of our defensive secondary, I just don't feel good about it. If our secondary doesn't get their crap together, this team ain't going nowhere. I've just reached my boiling point with them. If Miles Austin catches that ball- the one where he ran right by Ross- we aren't having this discussion right now. I didn't turn off the game though, but I seriously thought it was over after the Dez TD.

Delicreep
12-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Well...I will also admit that it looked grim, but I tried to have faith in BOTH QB's.

Eli to keep his head and lead us down the field and Romo to keep doing what he does best.

Remember, it's December and Romo is like Santa to opposing teams!

Edit:

Anybody catch the post game interview with Romo? They asked him what went wrong on the pass to Ausin that would have won them the game. He actually said Austin lost the pass in the lights.

Best.
Answer.
Ever.

BigBlue1971
12-12-2011, 01:31 PM

</P>

</P>

i almost switched as well but decided to watch until the end. i still wansnt convinced when Ballard scored. </P>

when the d held on that next turds possession i began to liven up some and the rest is history!</P>

what a great nights sleep i had.......once i got to sleep.</P>