PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning for OC

Rusty192
12-12-2011, 11:02 AM
I've heard a lot of great things about this guy.

He has coached 5 or 6 late game comebacks this past year.

And has coached his offense to a lot of success this season. We cant go wrong.

TC should pull the trigger on this one guys.

burier
12-12-2011, 11:04 AM
cosign

giantsforce
12-12-2011, 11:14 AM

Coughlin, Killdrive Fewell, and the ST coach should be gone. Bring a decent HC, and let Eli call his own plays. As far as the other coaches goes, if you cannot find anyone decent, just do not hire anyone for those positions. Just let the players do whatever. It couldn't be any worse than it is now. We are already at the bottom of the NFL in those two categories.

burier
12-12-2011, 03:05 PM

Coughlin, Killdrive Fewell, and the ST coach should be gone.* Bring a decent HC, and let Eli call his own plays. As far as the other coaches goes, if you cannot find anyone decent, just do not hire anyone for those positions.* Just let the players do whatever.* It couldn't be any worse than it is now. We are already at the bottom of the NFL in those two categories.

agreed on letting Eli run the offense and letting the players on D just do whatever they want. I bet it was be a major improvement,

Rusty192
12-12-2011, 04:14 PM
seriously guys how could we go wrong with this guy?

Drez
12-12-2011, 04:21 PM
You guys do realize that Eli is still running KG's offense in the 2 minute, right?</P>

You also realize that KG implements 2 minute drill gameplans throughout the week in practice, right?</P>

Fact of the matter is KG has a lot more to do with our 2 minute successes that you give credit for.</P>

burier
12-12-2011, 04:23 PM
You guys do realize that Eli is still running KG's offense in the 2 minute, right?</P>

You also realize that KG implements 2 minute drill gameplans throughout the week in practice, right?</P>

Fact of the matter is KG has a lot more to do with our 2 minute successes that you give credit for.</P>

Its not about the 2 minute. its about KG sucking hard.

bashful
12-12-2011, 04:23 PM

</P>

</P>

You are so full of it !!! He might design the plays but he has no fking clue when to call what. You must be sleeping with this idiot too.</P>

Drez
12-12-2011, 04:24 PM

Its not about the 2 minute. its about KG sucking hard.</P>

I don't think that KG is nearly as bad as almost everyone here thinks. </P>

Roosevelt
12-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Watching Eli waiting for Gilbride's call on that second a goal was a joke. And what did they ultimately call? The same exact play to a different player.

Drez
12-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Watching Eli waiting for Gilbride's call on that second a goal was a joke. And what did they ultimately call? The same exact play to a different player.
</P>

Yeah, that was bad. I almost wonder if there was an issue with the communication system.</P>

Drez
12-12-2011, 04:28 PM

</P>

</P>

You are so full of it !!! He might design the plays but he has no fking clue when to call what. You must be sleeping with this idiot too.</P>

</P>

Yet somehow we're always in the top 10 in scoring and yards. Mind boggling.</P>

Rusty192
12-12-2011, 04:38 PM
You guys do realize that Eli is still running KG's offense in the 2 minute, right?</p>

You also realize that KG implements 2 minute drill gameplans throughout the week in practice, right?</p>

Fact of the matter is KG has a lot more to do with our 2 minute successes that you give credit for.</p>Do you realize that Eli takes KG's two minute plays and then makes changes at the line. Which results in great plays 99% of the time?

Drez
12-12-2011, 04:51 PM

Do you realize that Eli takes KG's two minute plays and then makes changes at the line. Which results in great plays 99% of the time?
</P>

A) You have no idea how often Eli audibles out of one of the called plays (mind you he calls more than 1 play in the huddle and checks into one at the line).</P>

B) Those are still KGs plays that Eli audibles into and out of. Sure, there's the occasional sight adjustment where Eli will just look at Nicks or whomever and freelance something, but that happens with all teams.</P>

Sure, KG isn't the best playcaller, particularly in the redzone, but he a whole lot better than most of you guys think he is.</P>

nyginpattown
12-12-2011, 04:52 PM
dont forget the 2 pt conversion. is there anyone in the country (besides the cowgirl d) that didnt see the delay to dj ware? i know it worked but surely we must have another play in the book.

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 04:55 PM
You all do realize that every play they have a couple different play calls, and Eli essentially picks which one he wants once they are lined up, right?

Bashing gilbride for the shotgun draw when probably most of the time it's Eli audibling to it is ridiculous.

joeybagadonutz23
12-12-2011, 05:02 PM
I really wanted to go Buddy Ryan on KG last night. 2nd and goal draw play. 3rd and goal draw play. Are you freakin kiddin me? We've got 2 elite WR's, and elite QB, a gigantic sure handed 6'5" WR, a massive sure handed 6'5" TE and he tries to run it in twice instead of using any of the previously mentioned weapons.

KG is the bain of my existence. I'd love to beat the man senseless.

nyginpattown
12-12-2011, 05:02 PM
i see your point but i dont agree. they lined up in the shotgon and ran the draw. i may be wrong but it didnt look like an audible to me. they did the same thing against green bay.

joeybagadonutz23
12-12-2011, 05:07 PM
i see your point but i dont agree. they lined up in the shotgon and ran the draw. i may be wrong but it didnt look like an audible to me. they did the same thing against green bay.

It wasn't an audible on any of the three occasions I recall seeing.

steve12smith
12-12-2011, 05:09 PM
a gigantic sure handed 6'5" WR,
umm plaxicos on the jets now? our only 6'5'' WR sees the field about 3x a game

joeybagadonutz23
12-12-2011, 05:13 PM

He's got some pretty good receivers ahead of him. But if you're going to throw the fade route a couple times, it might be a good idea to have a guy like Barden in there as opposed to Beckum.

steve12smith
12-12-2011, 05:15 PM

He's got some pretty good receivers ahead of him. But if you're going to throw the fade route a couple times, it might be a good idea to have a guy like Barden in there as opposed to Beckum.
yeah i def agree, that was dumb having beckum there. nicks is still beast on the fades, id just throw it to him everyyyytime lol hes so strong and athletic hell come down with it 90% of the time

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 05:21 PM

How did it "not look like an audible" to you?

In either case, though, Eli could audible out of the draw if he didn't think it would work.

gmen46
12-12-2011, 05:23 PM
dont forget the 2 pt conversion. is there anyone in the country (besides the cowgirl d) that didnt see the delay to dj ware? i know it worked but surely we must have another play in the book.

So now we are down to criticizing plays that work. The successful 2 point play that worked last night is the same successful 2 point play that worked just a week ago vs the undefeated Packers, of all teams.

And the Giants are 4-for-4 on 2 point conversions this season. I don't know of any other team that's had that level of success with 2 point conversions this year.

With so many legitimate plays and execution of plays to criticize this season, to focus on successful execution of certain plays is plain nuts.

nyginpattown
12-12-2011, 05:38 PM
I guess we're going with the run it til they stop it rule. I dont want to look a gift horse in the mouth since we are 4 for 4 on conversions, i just dont want to see them get so predictable.

Drez
12-12-2011, 05:44 PM
I guess we're going with the run it til they stop it rule. I dont want to look a gift horse in the mouth since we are 4 for 4 on conversions, i just dont want to see them get so predictable.</P>

Every team is predictable if you watch them enough.</P>

Rusty192
12-12-2011, 05:47 PM
You guys do realize that Eli is still running KG's offense in the 2 minute, right?</p>

You also realize that KG implements 2 minute drill gameplans throughout the week in practice, right?</p>

Fact of the matter is KG has a lot more to do with our 2 minute successes that you give credit for.</p>

Do you realize that Eli takes KG's two minute plays and then makes changes at the line. Which results in great plays 99% of the time?
</p>

A) You have no idea how often Eli audibles out of one of the called plays (mind you he calls more than 1 play in the huddle and checks into one at the line).</p>

B) Those are still KGs plays that Eli audibles into and out of. Sure, there's the occasional sight adjustment where Eli will just look at Nicks or whomever and freelance something, but that happens with all teams.</p>

Sure, KG isn't the best playcaller, particularly in the redzone, but he a whole lot better than most of you guys think he is.</p>Do you know that this thread is obviously one of satire? Its not a bash/defend Kevin Gilbride thread. I think our offense would be sweet if Eli just read defenses and called his own shots. ala Peyton. Kind of sad that I have to explain this.

And im not a KG hater. Do I think we should have an OC change? Sure why not. Try someone else for a while and hey, if it doesn't work out then bring KG back lol. I doubt anyone would pick him up lol

Drez
12-12-2011, 06:18 PM

</P>

A) You have no idea how often Eli audibles out of one of the called plays (mind you he calls more than 1 play in the huddle and checks into one at the line).</P>

B) Those are still KGs plays that Eli audibles into and out of. Sure, there's the occasional sight adjustment where Eli will just look at Nicks or whomever and freelance something, but that happens with all teams.</P>

Sure, KG isn't the best playcaller, particularly in the redzone, but he a whole lot better than most of you guys think he is.</P>

Do you know that this thread is obviously one of satire? Its not a bash/defend Kevin Gilbride thread. I think our offense would be sweet if Eli just read defenses and called his own shots. ala Peyton. Kind of sad that I have to explain this.

And im not a KG hater. Do I think we should have an OC change? Sure why not. Try someone else for a while and hey, if it doesn't work out then bring KG back lol. I doubt anyone would pick him up lol

</P>

Considering how much flak KG gets in these parts, forgive me for not picking up on the satirical nature.</P>

giantsforce
12-12-2011, 06:26 PM

He's got some pretty good receivers ahead of him. But if you're going to throw the fade route a couple times, it might be a good idea to have a guy like Barden in there as opposed to Beckum.Beckum has an owie again. He hurt himself standing in the field.