PDA

View Full Version : X Giant Brandon Jacobs injures knee against Texans

jakegibbs
08-19-2012, 12:23 PM
http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_21345874/san-francisco-49ers-running-back-brandon-jacobs-injures

Tough break but doesn't look like he's gonna be out for season. MRI to be run today that will tell the tale.

As far as the Giants 1st string running game goes through 2 preseason games they appear to be again going to be ranked toward the bottom of the list in overall running in the league this year. Doesn't apprear as though the 1st round RB Wilson will ever crack playing with the 1st string either. Doom dispair and agony on me... deep dark depression constand misery.

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 12:26 PM
harbough ssaid he's expected back soon. it was a thigh muscle injury and it isnt serious, at least thats what nfl.com said harbough said

and ill bet anything wilson gets reps with the 1s vs chicago. the 3rd game of the rpeseason is closest to an actual game, and the starters get the most playing time of the preseason with over a half of action. thats when u see the 2s 3s and other players being mixed and matched. we even saw last night some depth guys working with the 1s in the secondary. u just cant do it right out of the bat bc u have to make sure the players are ready for it...wilson is ready

GameTime
08-19-2012, 12:31 PM
http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_21345874/san-francisco-49ers-running-back-brandon-jacobs-injures

Tough break but doesn't look like he's gonna be out for season. MRI to be run today that will tell the tale.

As far as the Giants 1st string running game goes through 2 preseason games they appear to be again going to be ranked toward the bottom of the list in overall running in the league this year. Doesn't apprear as though the 1st round RB Wilson will ever crack playing with the 1st string either. Doom dispair and agony on me... deep dark depression constand misery.
where in that article does mention a season ending injury?? You have DW all figured out already??

Toadofsteel
08-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Wilson has been running with the 3's because if he screws up a block, it's only endangering Ryan Perriloux, not Eli Manning...

Cobravision
08-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Just caught the tail end of the play on NFL, and the announcers seemed pretty sure it was a thigh and not knee inury.

DownWitJPP
08-19-2012, 05:50 PM
its a knee, read the article, they also said his ACL and patella are ok

derekunion28
08-19-2012, 06:18 PM
sucks for bj wana see him do well

rainierjef
08-19-2012, 06:23 PM
its a knee, read the article, they also said his ACL and patella are ok
you also have the MCL/PCL/LCL
lateral meniscus / medial meniscus
patella tendon
you can't just say well its a knee, all those can lead to season ending injury.

BeatYale
08-19-2012, 06:30 PM
I feel bad for the big fella, he takes a lot of shots to the knees, hands/forearm (defenders like to place their helmet in that area to try to force the ball loose) than most players because of his height and running style.

DownWitJPP
08-19-2012, 07:49 PM
you also have the MCL/PCL/LCL
lateral meniscus / medial meniscus
patella tendon
you can't just say well its a knee, all those can lead to season ending injury.

I was just going by what the article said..the poster i replied to said it was his thigh.