PDA

View Full Version : Eli's interception

Bones911
08-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Last night one play really intrigued me, but didn't bother me. When Eli threw that interception. After the game Eli said he meant to throw the ball out of bounds and just misjudged.

But originally it appeared to me that Randle possibly ran the wrong route. It looked like an option route where Randle could have made a rookie mistake and went off to the side rather than running straight ahead in a go route which Eli may have thought that's what he was going to do. Ralph V. and Mike G thought the same thing at first.

Do you think Eli was protecting his rookie receiver by saying it was his fault rather then throwing the rookie under the bus?

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Eli was throwing it away, he just didn't throw it far enough.

Eli TO Shockey
08-19-2012, 03:44 PM
get the cobwebs out

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 03:47 PM
get the cobwebs out<br><br>They come with old age

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-19-2012, 03:50 PM
I think he was protecting Randle. If it happens during regular season I think he will do the same thing and let the coaches take care of it. I was however screaming my head off though!

fansince69
08-19-2012, 03:54 PM
funny part is ....as much as we all want to sit here and speculate like we know something.........reality is we will NEVER know

TheAnalyst
08-19-2012, 04:12 PM
It was a horrible throw by Eli. Don't think he saw the safety that deep.

Harooni
08-19-2012, 10:29 PM
This was a good example of sometimes taking a sack, but he had guys underneath should have checked down instead of looking deep the whole time.

JSpin
08-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Last night one play really intrigued me, but didn't bother me. When Eli threw that interception. After the game Eli said he meant to throw the ball out of bounds and just misjudged.

But originally it appeared to me that Randle possibly ran the wrong route. It looked like an option route where Randle could have made a rookie mistake and went off to the side rather than running straight ahead in a go route which Eli may have thought that's what he was going to do. Ralph V. and Mike G thought the same thing at first.

Do you think Eli was protecting his rookie receiver by saying it was his fault rather then throwing the rookie under the bus?

He was definitely not protecting Randle. Any time you see it's the wide out running the wrong route, Eli shows it with his reaction after the play. He was under pressure and tried to throw it away but did a terrible job of that.

Roosevelt
08-19-2012, 11:22 PM
He told Tom he tried to throw it out of bounds.

It's pre-season, plus I think Eli is the least of our worries.

egyptian420
08-19-2012, 11:28 PM
This was a good example of sometimes taking a sack, but he had guys underneath should have checked down instead of looking deep the whole time.
I agree, I thought he should've just took the sack instead of what he did ....then I realized its preseason

BurnerNYG
08-19-2012, 11:34 PM
I think he was protecting Randle. If it happens during regular season I think he will do the same thing and let the coaches take care of it. I was however screaming my head off though!Screaming your head off for a pre-season game?

Flip Empty
08-20-2012, 12:53 AM
Screaming your head off for a pre-season game?
It stills gives a sense of Eli's thought processes. He still tries to make a play instead of letting it die.

ELI_Iz_God
08-20-2012, 12:59 AM
It stills gives a sense of Eli's thought processes. He still tries to make a play instead of letting it die.

Or maybe he thought since it's preseason, might was well try to turn a play out of it rather than taking a sack....would be silly to take a sack that could potentially end your season...You think Defenses are going to hit Eli less hard since it's preseason?

gmen0820
08-20-2012, 01:07 AM
Definitely not Eli's fault. The way Randle turned his hips after showing the slant-like route, it looked like Randle was -- for sure -- running a corner route. I mean look at the way he turned his hips, looked like a corner route and without hesitation, Eli threw the corner route. Randle then rounded off his stem, and ended up no where in the vicinity of the ball.

rainierjef
08-20-2012, 02:26 AM
Eli was throwing it away, he just didn't throw it far enough.
is that how you really see it?
i think he over threw the ball anticipating the receiver getting to that spot, with pressure in his face.

giantsfan420
08-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Definitely not Eli's fault. The way Randle turned his hips after showing the slant-like route, it looked like Randle was -- for sure -- running a corner route. I mean look at the way he turned his hips, looked like a corner route and without hesitation, Eli threw the corner route. Randle then rounded off his stem, and ended up no where in the vicinity of the ball.
something threw eli off. he appeared to want to go downfield, he even started his throwing motion while his eyes were downfield. but something didnt look right to him. by the time he decided where he was going, the pressure was already in his face.