PDA

View Full Version : Linval Joseph

Tmurda1984
08-19-2012, 03:54 PM
What a beast this young man is becoming, and nobody even talks about him. I was so disappointed to see Cofield go, but this guy has filled in and done a better job than I even expected. He's very strong and is a force in the middle of that defense. I see sooo many posts about Hendricks (who played against backups and a guy new to the offensive line position for the Jaguars), and not even about Joseph. This guy is an unsung hero to this defense and I just wanted to point this out because he has really impressed me.

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 03:56 PM
What a beast this young man is becoming, and nobody even talks about him. I was so disappointed to see Cofield go, but this guy has filled in and done a better job than I even expected. He's very strong and is a force in the middle of that defense. I see sooo many posts about Hendricks (who played against backups and a guy new to the offensive line position for the Jaguars), and not even about Joseph. This guy is an unsung hero to this defense and I just wanted to point this out because he has really impressed me.

We are going to need him with all the injuries we've been having, Stay healthy Big Man

nhpgiantsfan
08-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Linval is a beast. Jets announcer said he might be strongest player in the NFL.

jomo
08-19-2012, 04:24 PM
He is a manly tackle in a real classic sense...............and Bernard looks as good as I've seen him with the Giants.

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 05:01 PM
He is a manly tackle in a real classic sense...............and Bernard looks as good as I've seen him with the Giants.

You know it was nice hearing Bernard's name called.

penguinfarmer
08-19-2012, 05:17 PM
I was wondering what that really stacked line with Joseph and Rogers would look side by side. Even Bernard is more of your run stuffing type.

DownWitJPP
08-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Linval looks like he lost a lot of body fat, he looks more muscular this year

RoanokeFan
08-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Let's hope Canty gets healthy soon

NYGiants2120
08-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Linval is everything you could want in a DT. Big, strong, fast.

derekunion28
08-19-2012, 06:12 PM
i wish him the best this year

giantyankee1976
08-19-2012, 06:23 PM
ooooooo hell yes the guy is physical and beastly. one play he goes in there gets the hit and tackle and his hat goes flying off.

I want more guys like him in the interior.

Kase-1
08-19-2012, 07:57 PM
This guy is NOTHING like that last Joseph we had at DT.

He's gonna be a key piece of the DL for us for a long time, now if we could only get Canty back on the field cause right now Marvin Austin isnt looking like anything special

UmenYiourAnIdiot
08-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Linval just better keep improving and getting better as well as stay healthy. We lost what looked to be an up-and-coming stud DT when we cut 'what's his name' coming off an injury that ended his career. He had the big sack on Brady's last drive of our first super-bowl win against the Pats. Can't think of his name but you guys know who I am talking about. I just hope our guys stay healthy, it's always too good to be true.

TheEnigma
08-19-2012, 08:16 PM
I linked an article a few weeks ago that stated Linval Joseph was the best pass-rushing DT during the playoffs last year. That is extremely good news to hear since it means Joseph is still growing and getting closer to his maximum potential. He's probably never going to get a Pro-Bowl nod because he's not going to post pretty numbers but he will constantly require two blockers and will collapse the pocket for our premier DE's.

GameTime
08-19-2012, 08:18 PM
He has become a Giant through and through.

BigJ
08-19-2012, 08:21 PM
This guy is NOTHING like that last Joseph we had at DT.

He's gonna be a key piece of the DL for us for a long time, now if we could only get Canty back on the field cause right now Marvin Austin isnt looking like anything special
I completly agree with Austin i thought he would make more of an impact guy always seems to be hurt but if healthy he can give us good depth, We def need Canty back and were set on the Line. Also as someone said before its good to hear Bernards name bein called he looked good last night. But Linval has really stepped upkids a monster and the Jets announcer didn say he is the strongest in the NFL but he is on our team

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Linval just better keep improving and getting better as well as stay healthy. We lost what looked to be an up-and-coming stud DT when we cut 'what's his name' coming off an injury that ended his career. He had the big sack on Brady's last drive of our first super-bowl win against the Pats. Can't think of his name but you guys know who I am talking about. I just hope our guys stay healthy, it's always too good to be true.
jay alford

Cool Papa B.
08-19-2012, 09:11 PM

You mean Jay Alford? Didn't they cut him because of his work ethic and lack of growth?

fansince69
08-19-2012, 09:36 PM
You mean Jay Alford? Didn't they cut him because of his work ethic and lack of growth?

he got hurt and then was never quite the same player....although honestly I think he was over valued on these boards because of that one play

NorwoodBlue
08-19-2012, 09:38 PM
I completly agree with Austin i thought he would make more of an impact guy always seems to be hurt but if healthy he can give us good depth, We def need Canty back and were set on the Line. Also as someone said before its good to hear Bernards name bein called he looked good last night. But Linval has really stepped upkids a monster and the Jets announcer didn say he is the strongest in the NFL but he is on our team

To me Austin is a guy who's durability is making it a real question of whether he makes this team. Hendricks seems to be going the other way, and is really making a run for a roster spot. I think Austin would be eligible for a practive squad spot if he's still having nagging injury issues; but, he has to clear waivers, and how long do you stick with him. He's got to get his butt on the field and show something. They did drop a second round pick on him, he's got to get on the field and prove he's worth it.

Joseph, and Bernard can hold down the fort for a while; but they need somebody to step up to give them a breather every now and then, especially in the hot games early in the year. Hopefully Canty isn't going to be out too long; but he's rehabbing a knee so he's got to go slow when he does return.

giantsfan420
08-19-2012, 09:57 PM
no way norwood. austin is locked to this team. he also has shown legit flashes of being worth a 2nd round pick imo in that first game. he hasnt played in 2 yrs, but he looked good aside from conditioning. we need him to be the player he is capable of being, no way we try to PS him or release him

UmenYiourAnIdiot
08-19-2012, 10:16 PM

Yes I meant Alford and no he wasn't cut because of a lack of growth...He was being proclaimed the guy to watch out for in the pre-season following our Super-Bowl win and he was injured. Osi said he was the guy to watch and the coaches were also high on him. Anyway he got hurt and apparently was never able to recover and while it may have had something to do with his effort it was clearly the injury that derailed his momentum.

B-Red22
08-20-2012, 06:02 AM

Now he just needs a sweet sack dance like Cofield had :D

B-Red22
08-20-2012, 06:04 AM

Your talking bout Jay Alford

B-Red22
08-20-2012, 06:06 AM
I linked an article a few weeks ago that stated Linval Joseph was the best pass-rushing DT during the playoffs last year. That is extremely good news to hear since it means Joseph is still growing and getting closer to his maximum potential. He's probably never going to get a Pro-Bowl nod because he's not going to post pretty numbers but he will constantly require two blockers and will collapse the pocket for our premier DE's.

This is great and suprising news that he was the top pass-rushing DT

Dline83
08-20-2012, 08:30 AM

You are absolutely correct, I have been one of the guys excited about Hendricks potential as a pass rushing DT but Joseph had a really good game yesterday, he took up multiple blockers on several plays, opened holes for the LB's to make plays, and shut down the short yardage plays, very impressive. Last year he had 49 tackles, 2 sacks, and 4 pass deFences, really good for a DT playing with all of our speedy ends. It would have been something to have him and Rodgers taking up space in the middle, but I think if Canty can get healthy they will make a really good combination!

repeatchamps
08-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Am I missing something? Did something happen with Marcus Thomas after it was reported that he signed? He will be added depth too that people are not taking in to account.

TheAnalyst
08-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Anyone know where I can get a Linval Joseph blue T shirt jersey? I looked all around but cant find it and want one. Thanks.