PDA

View Full Version : Tiebreakers for the Division

CDN_G-FAN
12-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Unless Dallas loses to both TB and Philly, we still need another dallas win.</P>

because of our crappy conference record, we can't afford to go to tiebreaks with dallas.</P>

i can't see a scenario where we can beat dallas on tiebreaks WITHOUT beating them twice this season.</P>

</P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Unless Dallas loses to both TB and Philly, we still need another dallas win.</P>

because of our crappy conference record, we can't afford to go to tiebreaks with dallas.</P>

i can't see a scenario where we can beat dallas on tiebreaks WITHOUT beating them twice this season.</P>

</P>

</P>

it is true. we need to beat dallas twice and Wash once or the jets once...3/4 wins with 2wins coming from dallas.</P>

UK-Giantsfan
12-12-2011, 12:26 PM
to be honest ....if we cant beat that mediocre Dallas team and the Skins at the Meadowlands ....i dont think we are worthy of the playoffs

miked1958
12-12-2011, 12:36 PM
to be honest ....if we cant beat that mediocre Dallas team and the Skins at the Meadowlands ....i dont think we are worthy of the playoffs</P>

True. this team needs to stop the scoreboard watching that they have been doing for several weeks now. That win put destiny back in our hands. We win our games we go to the playoffs. dont need to worry about what dallas does, bears, lions or falcons. If we slip up vs skins or jets then like you said we dont deserve to be in playoffs anyway</P>

repeatchamps
12-12-2011, 12:36 PM

</P>

</P>

This is absurd. So you are sold 100% that Dallas will win their next two with ease? I think they will lose both games actually. It really is simple Giants win the next two, Dallas loses to Philly, the Giants clinch making the final game irrelevant. The tie breaker that would work in the Giants favor is Common Opponents not conference record. For the divsion tiebreaker it goes:</P>

Head to Head</P>

Division Record </P>

Common Opponents</P>

Conference record</P>

CDN_G-FAN
12-12-2011, 12:45 PM

</P>

</P>

This is absurd. So you are sold 100% that Dallas will win their next two with ease. I think they will lose both games. It really is simple Giants win the next two, Dallas loses to Philly, the Giants clinch making the final game irrelevant. The tie breaker that would work in the Giants favor is Common Opponents not conference record. For the divsion tiebreaker it goes:</P>

Head to Head</P>

Division Record </P>

Common Opponents</P>

Conference record</P>

</P>

the first line of the thread is "unless dallas loses to both philly and TB". i'm not convinced they win two.</P>

If dallas losesto philly, we win our two, then we're a game up on them going into the final game.</P>

if dallas wins the final game of the year, we have the same record.</P>

we split head to head.</P>

we have identical divisional records.</P>

we tie common opponents.</P>

we lose conference record.</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>totally absurd.</FONT></P>

repeatchamps
12-12-2011, 12:47 PM

</P>

</P>

This is absurd. So you are sold 100% that Dallas will win their next two with ease. I think they will lose both games. It really is simple Giants win the next two, Dallas loses to Philly, the Giants clinch making the final game irrelevant. The tie breaker that would work in the Giants favor is Common Opponents not conference record. For the divsion tiebreaker it goes:</P>

Head to Head</P>

Division Record </P>

Common Opponents</P>

Conference record</P>

</P>

the first line of the thread is "unless dallas loses to both philly and TB". i'm not convinced they win two.</P>

If dallas losesto philly, we win our two, then we're a game up on them going into the final game.</P>

</P>

Lol, you are wrong about common opponents. The Giants have the edge. Maybe you need to do your homework.</P>

Giants would have gone 4-0 against the AFC East. Dallas only 2-2.</P>

Giants would be 2-2 against the NFC West. Dallas wouldbe 3-1. 6-2 beats 5-3 buddy.</P>

jhamburg
12-12-2011, 12:52 PM

*</P>

</P>

Head to Head</P>

Division Record </P>

Common Opponents</P>

Conference record</P>

</P>

If dallas loses**to philly, we win our two, then we're a game up on them going into the final game.</P>

</P>

Lol, you are wrong about common opponents. The Giants have the edge. Maybe you need to do your homework.</P>

Giants would be 2-2 against the NFC West. Dallas would*be 3-1. 6-2 beats 5-3 buddy.</P>

Yeah this is correct. We play identical schedules other than we play NO and GB while Dallas plays TB and DET (and we play each other twice which obviously doesn't matter). Since we're 0-2 in our non-common opponents, and Dallas would be 1-1, if we have the same record we must have a better common opponents record.

repeatchamps
12-12-2011, 12:56 PM

</P>

</P>

Head to Head</P>

Division Record </P>

Common Opponents</P>

Conference record</P>

</P>

</P>

Giants would be 2-2 against the NFC West. Dallas wouldbe 3-1. 6-2 beats 5-3 buddy.</P>

Yeah this is correct. We play identical schedules other than we play NO and GB while Dallas plays TB and DET (and we play each other twice which obviously doesn't matter). Since we're 0-2 in our non-common opponents, and Dallas would be 1-1, if we have the same record we must have a better common opponents record.</P>

Yup proof:</P>

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&amp;13=01405014&amp;14=00 000004&amp;15=00010040&amp;16=00400000</P>

CDN_G-FAN
12-12-2011, 12:58 PM

</P>

</P>

Head to Head</P>

Division Record </P>

Common Opponents</P>

Conference record</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

you're totally right.</P>

my bad.</P>

</P>

repeatchamps
12-12-2011, 01:00 PM

</P>

</P>

Head to Head</P>

Division Record </P>

Common Opponents</P>

Conference record</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

you're totally right.</P>

my bad.</P>

</P>

</P>

It's all good. Use the playoff scenario thing on yahoo that I linked. It is a helpful tool and kind of fun to play around with.</P>

sausage
12-12-2011, 01:39 PM
i think if Dallas loses to philly and we beat Wash and Jets, we are in. but if Dallas loses to Bucs and beats philly, we have to win the last game.. that is what the ESPN simulator says anyway. edit, yeah i guess since we lost to wash that would give them better division record

Delicreep
12-12-2011, 01:53 PM
The possibilities are crazy at this point.

There is a decent chance that the last game could determine both division winner and a wild card spot going to the loser.

Waaaay many variable as this point.

bklyn1028
12-12-2011, 02:22 PM
The possibilities are crazy at this point.

There is a decent chance that the last game could determine both division winner and a wild card spot going to the loser.

Waaaay many variable as this point.
NFC east sucks this year, and its a shame, because it was the most feared, respected division in the NFL. I think NO wild card comes out of NFC east. Either you win the division, or play golf.

JMFP2
12-12-2011, 02:46 PM

*</P>

Yes, it's looking like NFC East or bust.....wildcards are also stacked against us. Have to win in the Meadowlands.

RonJon
12-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Beleive it or not, if the Giants, Dallas and Philly all finish in a 3 way tie, Philly wins the divison based on divison record and a head to head sweep over Dallas

yatitle
12-12-2011, 03:10 PM

</P>

</P>

As another poster correctly pointed out if Dallas' loses to Philly webeat Jets and Skins we are in regadless of what happens week 17.</P>

stormblue
12-12-2011, 04:10 PM
BUT ; if Dallas beats Philly....
(even if they lose to
Tampa)

we have to win all 3

yatitle
12-12-2011, 04:20 PM
BUT ; if Dallas beats Philly.... (even if they lose to Tampa) we have to win all 3</P>

Wrong we simply need to win 2 of 3 as long as 1 of those is Dallas</P>

EJ Blue
12-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I don't care if we're worthy or not. I want extra games.