PDA

View Full Version : Practice Squad

juice33s
08-19-2012, 05:51 PM
The Giants seem to be very deep this season, more so then I can remember in recent history. Meaning ofcourse that there will be more then a few talented players competing for the 8 PS spots.....Here are my choices

DE- Ojomo, had a coming out party against the Tebow and the Jets with 2 sacks...Also has prototype size at 6'4 270, Probably will spend a year on the practice squad as a developmental prospect ala Adrian Tracey

DE- Matt Broha- Has been very active the first two preseason games with number of sacks and QB pressures. Kind of reminds me of the Texans Brooks Reed

LB- Muasau- For whatever reason I love Polynesian football players. This guy looks like an oversized Polamalu as he too possesses a nice blend of Size and athleticism

DT Marcus Kuh- With Rocky Bernard still looking like a very capable NFL player and Marvin Austins draft status/potential the last DT spot will come down to either Kuhn or Hendricks. It will certainly be one of the more hotly contested battles of the last 2 weeks on preseason

WR David Douglas- From the reports it seems Douglas has been doing very well in camp, so it will probably come down to if the coaches are willing to give Barden one last year to prove himself. That remains a very big if

FB Joe Martinek- "Jersey Joe" showed some great athleticism with his dive in the end zone and may not be a bad option to keep in your back pocket should anything happen to Hynoski

QB- Ryan Periloux- He's been nearly perfect this preseason going 8/9 and being that this is his 2nd year with the team it makes sense to stash a QB who knows the system on the PS should god forbid anything happen to either Manning or Carr

T Matt McCants- at 6'7" and 300+ lbs he has some tools, but is too raw at the moment to play at an NFL level. Might be worth a spot on the Practice squad to see how he progresses. Plus C Jim Cordle as already reached the limit of 2 years of PS eligibility