PDA

View Full Version : Manningham and Cruz have to stop the drops.

Husky
12-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Really, It's a killer when you have unforced mistakes ending drives and costing points. Maybe they need a shrink. Who's Knobloch use? ;-)

nygfanmaybe
12-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Manningham may havesaved the day with the drop in the end zone. Just think if they would have had about 30 more seconds there at the end.

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Really, It's a killer when you have unforced mistakes ending drives and costing points.* Maybe they need a shrink.* Who's Knobloch use? ;-)

That's the type of players they are.

Unfortunately for MM, VC has made him superfluous.

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Manningham may have*saved the day with the drop in the end zone.* Just think if they would have had about 30 more seconds there at the end.*

Lol get out of my head.

jhamburg
12-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Really, It's a killer when you have unforced mistakes ending drives and costing points.* Maybe they need a shrink.* Who's Knobloch use? ;-)

It happens. I don't think it happens to us more than any other team. Manningham is a little concerning sometimes though.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 11:32 AM
It's annoying for sure, but I worry more about Manningham knowing where he is in relation to the sideline. Not so much for yesterday, just in general. Still, as long as one of the three is lighting things up, I'm good.

CDN_G-FAN
12-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Really, It's a killer when you have unforced mistakes ending drives and costing points. Maybe they need a shrink. Who's Knobloch use? ;-)
It happens. I don't think it happens to us more than any other team. Manningham is a little concerning sometimes though.</P>

no but most teams have that possession type receiver where you know if it hits his hands, he's not going to drop it.</P>

we need that guy.</P>

nicks, MM and cruz all take turns making great plays and botching really easy ones.</P>

we don't need 3 of those guys, that's for sure.</P>

bleedinblue27
12-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Manningham may have*saved the day with the drop in the end zone.* Just think if they would have had about 30 more seconds there at the end.*
he should have made that catch!! thats why he should be gone next year!!
Manningham needs to catch that ball.

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 11:36 AM
It happens. I don't think it happens to us more than any other team. Manningham is a little concerning sometimes though.</P>

no but most teams have that possession type receiver where you know if it hits his hands, he's not going to drop it.</P>

we need that guy.</P>

nicks, MM and cruz all take turns making great plays and botching really easy ones.</P>

I tend to agree ... I wouldn't mind seeing us drop MM and re-sign Steve Smith.

burier
12-12-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm more concerned about how both of these guys struggled to separate for extended periods of the game.

Cruz is going to drop passes because he's a YAC player. If you look around the league today and historically recievers who are the top of the league in YAC are usually at the top of the league in drops.

nygfanmaybe
12-12-2011, 11:38 AM

we need that guy.</P>

</P>

I don't know...I really like these guys...drops and all. They are all young, including Ballard, and I feel the Giants have a great future with these guys. </P>

If I'm Reese, I'm going after LB'ers and DB's in the draft and FA...and a OLman or 2 wouldn't hurt, either.</P>

Spizi
12-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Victor Cruz is the number 3 WR in the NFL. He can drop a pass here and there if he wants to lol. Manningham's gone next year anyway so we don't have to worry about him and his ****ty route running.

GMENAGAIN
12-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Victor Cruz is the number 3 WR in the NFL. He can drop a pass here and there if he wants to lol. Manningham's gone next year anyway so we don't have to worry about him and his ****ty route running.</P>

Agreed . . . Manningham is looking for big money and there is absolutely no way that he gets it from the Giants.</P>

</P>

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-12-2011, 12:23 PM

And the two timeouts they burned. It shouldn't be like this though. Our defense should be able to get critical stops at the end of games. Romo marched right on down the field with no timeouts with less than a minute left in the game. This is very concerning.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 01:06 PM
It happens. I don't think it happens to us more than any other team. Manningham is a little concerning sometimes though.</p>

no but most teams have that possession type receiver where you know if it hits his hands, he's not going to drop it.</p>

we need that guy.</p>

nicks, MM and cruz all take turns making great plays and botching really easy ones.</p>

we don't need 3 of those guys, that's for sure.</p>

I don't think we'll have Mario next season

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Victor Cruz is the number 3 WR in the NFL. He can drop a pass here and there if he wants to lol. Manningham's gone next year anyway so we don't have to worry about him and his ****ty route running.

You're right, of course, still we'd like for all of them to catch all of them all of the time [;)]

It's not logical to expect, but we tend to be that way. I see Victor and Nicks as having bright futures here.

CDN_G-FAN
12-12-2011, 01:12 PM

we need that guy.</P>

I tend to agree ... I wouldn't mind seeing us drop MM and re-sign Steve Smith.</P>

same.</P>

especially since we won't have alot of cap room and smith should come cheap relative to what MM would get on the open market.</P>

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 01:16 PM
It happens. I don't think it happens to us more than any other team. Manningham is a little concerning sometimes though.</p>

no but most teams have that possession type receiver where you know if it hits his hands, he's not going to drop it.</p>

we need that guy.</p>

nicks, MM and cruz all take turns making great plays and botching really easy ones.</p>

I tend to agree ... I wouldn't mind seeing us drop MM and re-sign Steve Smith.</p>

same.</p>

especially since we won't have alot of cap room and smith should come cheap relative to what MM would get on the open market.</p>

I'm thinking they will make CAP room by getting rid of some high priced talent. Jacobs, Diehl, Osi, Baas, etc. They may even look at Bradshaw and McKenzie. It's the ugly side of professional football.

burier
12-12-2011, 01:19 PM

we need that guy.</P>

I tend to agree ... I wouldn't mind seeing us drop MM and re-sign Steve Smith.</P>

same.</P>

especially since we won't have alot of cap room and smith should come cheap relative to what MM would get on the open market.</P>

I'm not for intentionally downgrading the roster to save a few bucks. (Manningham>Steve Smith)

So unless we have somoene in mind who's at least as good we should try to keep him.

Manningham I think will be worth less than he may be thinking considering his numbers arent that great. He's missed games, has drops has mental erros and has Eli who will take alot of credit for Manningham's numbers in the open market. We'll probably be able to hold him for relatively cheap.

Somehow I think Manningham will Walk and Reese will tell us that Barden is ready to step up as a slot receiver which would be complete rubbish.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 01:23 PM

we need that guy.</p>

I tend to agree ... I wouldn't mind seeing us drop MM and re-sign Steve Smith.</p>

same.</p>

especially since we won't have alot of cap room and smith should come cheap relative to what MM would get on the open market.</p>

I'm not for intentionally downgrading the roster to save a few bucks. (Manningham&gt;Steve Smith)

So unless we have somoene in mind who's at least as good we should try to keep him.

Manningham I think will be worth less than he may be thinking considering his numbers arent that great. He's missed games, has drops has mental erros and has Eli who will take alot of credit for Manningham's numbers in the open market. We'll probably be able to hold him for relatively cheap.

Somehow I think Manningham will Walk and Reese will tell us that Barden is ready to step up as a slot receiver which would be complete rubbish.

The GIANTS will make him a fair offer. As we've seen, that's not always a sign that a player will take it. If he gets a better offer, and I'm assuming he will, he's gone next season.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 01:25 PM

we need that guy.</p>

same.</p>

I'm not for intentionally downgrading the roster to save a few bucks. (Manningham&gt;Steve Smith)

You are assuming Barden is here next year. He may well be, but I don't see it happening. He's just not producing.

burier
12-12-2011, 01:28 PM

we need that guy.</p>

same.</p>

I'm not for intentionally downgrading the roster to save a few bucks. (Manningham>Steve Smith)

The GIANTS will make him a fair offer.* As we've seen, that's not always a sign that a player will take it.** If he gets a better offer, and I'm assuming he will, he's gone next season.

If we give him a fair offer...fair might be the best offer he gets.

I'm just saying...he's got alot of crappy film out there.

He does have good film too...we'll see. I hope we can keep him.

Redeyejedi
12-12-2011, 01:38 PM

we need that guy.</p>

Depends on what he asks for.I dont think the Giants are going to give him the 5 million a year that is the going rate for his numbers. More likely they will have to draft another receiver. I would really like to see Barden step up and become a viable future option but he and Jernigan both dont fill me with confidence.

Zaggs
12-12-2011, 01:42 PM

My problem isn't that he drops a pass here and there. But that he's like Plaxico was. Makes the circus catch in traffic, but then drops the easy ball with no one around coughseattlecough.

tdawg1413
12-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Totally agree with this. Steve Smith should in no way be coming back. If they let Mario go, we fill his spot with Barden, Jernigan or draft another WR.

Zaggs
12-12-2011, 01:44 PM

we need that guy.</p>

Depends on what he asks for.I dont think the Giants are going to give him the 5 million a year that is the going rate for his numbers. More likely they will have to draft another receiver. I would really like to see Barden step up and become a viable future option but he and Jernigan both dont fill me with confidence.

Barden really hasnt had a chance to show much. Last night he was the 4th(?) receiver and I don't think he's supposed to be the pull away type. I don't see Jernigan being needed with Cruz.

appodictic
12-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Does Nicks have to stop his drops too? he probably leads the team. Manningham might have the least drops. Offenders in this order

Cruz-2 drops a game
Nicks-had a game with 3 drops, almost had one of those tip in the air ints last night
Ballard- multiple two drop games
Manningham- Probably has drops too but really no worse then ^ guys